The "Booking Committee" Thread, 2020 Edition

I am NWA at the beginning of 1986. Hulk Hogan and the reigning WWF World Champion Andre the Giant just signed with me. Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen just ended their feud after beating Dusty and his team at Clash. How do I bring these two super stars in? Do I have them form a team and go after Flair. Have Andre do the whole “real world champion” thing? I have already had The Brain on my roster for some time working with Stan Hansen, do I pair him with Andre? Too many options!!!!

Playing as WWE on the Ruthless Aggression mod. Week 4 of May 2004, Chavo was cruiserweight champion but sustained a torn rotator cuff in a match, an audible was called and Billy Kidman won the title.

I have no problems pushing Kidman, I was a real life big fan of his, especially in WCW. Any ideas of others to push and/or hire?

Brian Kendrick, Tajiri, Jeff Hardy, Nunzio could all be pushed as Cruiser Champ

Playing as WWE on the Ruthless Aggression mod. Week 4 of May 2004, Chavo was cruiserweight champion but sustained a torn rotator cuff in a match, an audible was called and Billy Kidman won the title.

I have no problems pushing Kidman, I was a real life big fan of his, especially in WCW. Any ideas of others to push and/or hire?

What's Rey Mysterio doing? Ultimo Dragon?

QUOTE=kito333;2477546]I am NWA at the beginning of 1986. Hulk Hogan and the reigning WWF World Champion Andre the Giant just signed with me. Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen just ended their feud after beating Dusty and his team at Clash. How do I bring these two super stars in? Do I have them form a team and go after Flair. Have Andre do the whole “real world champion” thing? I have already had The Brain on my roster for some time working with Stan Hansen, do I pair him with Andre? Too many options!!!!

OMG! This is like a dream save �� I would do a "real world champion" run with Andre. Honestly he's made for that. Have a heel talk himself up and when he gets too cocky the "Giant" Andre (the REAL world heavyweight champion) can teach him a lesson and send the fans home happy.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Lads I need a new/more serious name for The Architect. He left MAW and I invited him to come work for me in Japan but I don't think "The Architect" really fits with PGHW. I need a "shoot" name for him</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always use Dewie Archer, you can easily fit the nickname there Dewie "The Architect" Archer. Guy named Puddy used it in a MAW series on TEW 2013 on his youtube channel and I've used it myself ever since.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ben_Ditch05" data-cite="Ben_Ditch05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always use Dewie Archer, you can easily fit the nickname there Dewie "The Architect" Archer. Guy named Puddy used it in a MAW series on TEW 2013 on his youtube channel and I've used it myself ever since.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like Archer but I'm not sure about Dewie. Not for a Japanese promotion anyway. I'll definitely use Archer for his surname though. Maybe even just "Archer/The Archer".</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I went with Keith Archer in the end as a nod to his legendary trainer</p>

Debuting star

New to the game. What are some good ways to build to a debut of a new star? Can you do vignettes? Should I have the tease and eventual debut set as a storyline?

For context, I’m a few months in to a AEW build. Just signed Samoa Joe. Likely going to have him come in heel and join Cage and Starks to create Team Taz.

It depends. I don’t tend to do long builds very often, because I just don’t roll that way, but you absolutely could. I can’t remember if it specifies in notes, so maybe a more mechanic-heavy person could check me, but I believe that the “Off-Screen” designation in the Angle Writer could include things like silhouettes of the character or partial reveals, if you wanted to do something like a Mankind build-up.

With a heel, especially, you have some good options like having a face onscreen and then something they can see scares them but the audience can’t see what. Likewise, you can have someone talking to him off screen. Then slowly build to him coming onscreen and threatening someone. And the actual debut possibilities are endless - interrupt a show opening, come out and make a challenge, interfere to assist in a title match. Decide how quickly you want him wrestling after his debut and pick a level of aggression to make that response sensible.

As for making the debut a storyline in and of itself, I wouldn’t unless that is somehow relevant to the debut (i.e. he joined to destroy the company or fight a famous wrestler from the company or something like that). However, if the stable is already involved in a storyline then yeah, you might as well add him to it.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I want to go back to the OP, Signing Jack Bruce makes a huge deal for a smaller promotion. I signed him at medium and he instantly raised my show values (as a retired/non-wrestler) via promos and angles. When I autobook, to sim things to see how certain game mechanics work, before going back and playing it through, the computer seems to usually stick him last in a solo promo, which is generally 96-100 and greatly raises my show grade, which in turn raises popularity and merch.

On to my questions....

I'm in the middle of this tournament (still trying to determine which name I'm going with). Trying to determine which heel on the bottom to put in the final.

My goals were as follows.

1) Boost Doc Hammond Back to Main Event status (I intended for him to have a long run, but hired more over people and he kept offering to job to people to put the over, which was helpful, but dropped him from 63 to 53. The tournament has him back at 57. He need to get to 70s to be serious in contention. He leads my best (heel) stable which has assisted in the first win.

2) Boost Spencer Spade (was 78/80, now 79/81) to the top spot so that he can potentially be a figurehead with a face turn. Technically done as he just got it, but DC gained pop faster (72 now up to 79/80) and will likely overtake him with the next match, which I want to keep as is because....

3) I want to test DC vs Primus and don't have a better story for a face/face match. I plan to have Spade and Primus flip during a future feud and want to know if DC vs Primus is viable. I also want DC to feud with Spade next, so this sets it up well.

4) Continue Building Matt Keith and Ernest Youngman up. Both have great gains in recent months. Youngman increased 5-6 across the board (now 51-59, except tri state which is 70). Keith gained 3 across the board and is mostly 40-45, with one 53 and one 61. Youngman is allied with Ant-man and Youngman was put over 3 times by Doc after one of his offers.

5) I want to maximize Primus's pop (72, up from 70/71 at the start) as he will be next with my main title barring unforeseen events affecting my plans,

so who should the bottom win go to?

APW2020%20SotS%20Tourney%202021.jpg?psid=1&width=1318&height=842

I would say Primus - even if he doesn't win the Final, it puts everyone on notice. Makes for a nice "storyline" that he didn't get it done then...but now watch out!

Well having a picture changes things. I would say Doc. Especially because he has already put Young man over several times, it would be a good way to bump him up again.

Just to follow up. Primus vs DC got 80, Doc vs Youngman got 71. I gave it to Doc. Then Primus vs Doc got 71, but I forgot to make and assign the trophy, so I did a rematch to settle some controversy and it got 74

As of the end of the tourney, pop (with some major gains) for the key figures that still had matches in play is as follows

Primus 79-81

Spade 81-89

DC 80-81

Doc 60-61

Youngman added 1 everywhere compared to the last post.

Outside of the tourney, Dreadnought continues his undefeated squash stampede up to 60-61, despite only having beaten 2 people 20 or above (30, and 42). Doc offered to put him over 2x, unless I really can build Doc up, I'm not sure that serves a purpose. Trying to determine how to end his streak. I planned to have him win or almost win the next years tourney, but he's progressing too fast.

I created the tourney trophy as a secondary and then set it to floating. This set it at 55 instead of 70 (my best title belt is 58 so I wanted it lower). However, it came out at a 65 after the match, so it's now my top prize prestige-wise.

Really needing help with booking ideas. Playing as NXT in the RWC December mod. I'm currently on January 1st week.

The computer controlled WWE has the following call-ups happening.

Rhea Ripley (11 days)

Adam Cole (28 days)

Fandango (7 days)

Tyler Breeze (7 days)

William Regal (24 days) *Wade Barrett will replace him as "GM"*

Norman Smiley (20 days)

Tommaso Ciampa (20 days)

Johnny Gargano (10 days)

Shawn Michaels (25 days)

Beth Phoenix (7 days) *Mike Tenay replacing her*

Karrion Kross (20 days)

Finn Balor (4 days)

My original plan was to put the title on Kross....when he got the call-up I decided on Cole...now he's being called-up (THE DAY OF THE EVENT).

Would love ideas on who to push to replace literally all the stars, minus Io (fingers crossed)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running a ZEN save, and I think that I may have an issue regarding Urban Fox.

I've been trying to build him up as a homegrown talent, and having him mostly on pre-shows with more experience members of the roster so that he can build up his skills. However, I'm only half a year into the save, and he's already injured two people. He gave Aukland Raider a torn Achilles early in the year, which the Raider still hasn't returned from, but I figured that could have just been a freak accident. However, at our July show, he botched again and left Rekha with a bruised eye socket.

I'm a bit conflicted with what to do about him. I've already sunk half a year worth of preshow matches and lesser show appearances into him, but he's also garnering a reputation for being an unsafe worker. Should I cut my losses and release him, or give him one more chance?

Really needing help with booking ideas. Playing as NXT in the RWC December mod. I'm currently on January 1st week.

The computer controlled WWE has the following call-ups happening.

Rhea Ripley (11 days)

Adam Cole (28 days)

Fandango (7 days)

Tyler Breeze (7 days)

William Regal (24 days) *Wade Barrett will replace him as "GM"*

Norman Smiley (20 days)

Tommaso Ciampa (20 days)

Johnny Gargano (10 days)

Shawn Michaels (25 days)

Beth Phoenix (7 days) *Mike Tenay replacing her*

Karrion Kross (20 days)

Finn Balor (4 days)

My original plan was to put the title on Kross....when he got the call-up I decided on Cole...now he's being called-up (THE DAY OF THE EVENT).

Would love ideas on who to push to replace literally all the stars, minus Io (fingers crossed)

Understand that the AI views you as a developmental fed, not as the AEW hit-brand you are in reality. Look at the projects you like that aren't good enough yet. Build them up, put the belt on them. Target trying to get them on the main roster in 12mos.

I'm running a ZEN save, and I think that I may have an issue regarding Urban Fox.

I've been trying to build him up as a homegrown talent, and having him mostly on pre-shows with more experience members of the roster so that he can build up his skills. However, I'm only half a year into the save, and he's already injured two people. He gave Aukland Raider a torn Achilles early in the year, which the Raider still hasn't returned from, but I figured that could have just been a freak accident. However, at our July show, he botched again and left Rekha with a bruised eye socket.

I'm a bit conflicted with what to do about him. I've already sunk half a year worth of preshow matches and lesser show appearances into him, but he's also garnering a reputation for being an unsafe worker. Should I cut my losses and release him, or give him one more chance?

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. If the lockerroom is turning on him and it's becoming a backstage drag(sub 70% or so) then I'd dump him. Otherwise, he's a young guy, these things happen. If he's developing well then push through.

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing 2004 Ruthless Agression and Goldberg is leaving me for NJPW. What should I do with him on his way out?

1) Lose to Matt Morgan. Matt Morgan is currently an unimportant rated heel that I eventually want up to borderline well known so this could do it.

2) Lose to Jamie Noble. Jamie is on the low end of recognizable. I also would.love to push Jamie up the card but I cant see him physically taking out Goldberg.

3) Lose to Nunzio. Been trying to establish someone from the FBI so this could be it. Don't really see him as anything but a mid card heel at best so might be a waste of the Gildberg pop.

4) Have an Angle of someone destroying Goldberg. Wouldn't really give much in a pop rub but give some momentum and would be nice to Goldberg.

5) Let Goldberg just disappear. Gross. Why would I do this?

Playing as WWE, I assume? Morgan is the obvious choice - build him as much as possible beforehand to benefit from positive momentum but he surely has the highest star quality of the three.

As gratifying as it would be to feed Goldberg to Noble or Nunzio, the fans in real life wouldn't buy them as challenges to Goldberg so either of them beating him (and I know Nunzio had a rep as a tough guy in real life) wouldn't put them over so much as have them be seen as a fluke - to truly elevate them you'd need to translate that shock result into their new norm.

Whereas Morgan is a believable brute who can destroy Goldberg as a career highlight, or have it be the start of a sustained push to become a Batista-like heavyweight main event mainstay.

I am playing 2004 Ruthless Agression and Goldberg is leaving me for NJPW. What should I do with him on his way out?

1) Lose to Matt Morgan. Matt Morgan is currently an unimportant rated heel that I eventually want up to borderline well known so this could do it.

2) Lose to Jamie Noble. Jamie is on the low end of recognizable. I also would.love to push Jamie up the card but I cant see him physically taking out Goldberg.

3) Lose to Nunzio. Been trying to establish someone from the FBI so this could be it. Don't really see him as anything but a mid card heel at best so might be a waste of the Gildberg pop.

4) Have an Angle of someone destroying Goldberg. Wouldn't really give much in a pop rub but give some momentum and would be nice to Goldberg.

5) Let Goldberg just disappear. Gross. Why would I do this?

Have him lose 3 times to Hardcore Holly.

I'm in the first year of a ZEN save, and I have a big problem right now. Devilfish just handed in his notice as I was just starting to set him up for a main event role for the next couple of storylines. However, he just turned in his notice, so he'll be gone in a month.

At first I wasn't worried, because I was planning to move Killer B up to the main vent in his place. However, just a couple of days later, Killer B handed in his notice as well, leaving me without my next top face, as well as the guy who was going to replace him. And since I need a new top face to face my soon-to-be champion Damian Dastardly, I need to fix this.

Vertigo's an option, but he's been kind of aimless lately, and he hasn't been pulling amazing numbers despite his great stats. ZERO's there too, but I still have more ideas on ways to use him as a hell before I turn him. Right now, I'm considering elevating one of either Kalliope Woodchuck or a freshly-turned Buckminster Snark, or having Warp-Jump turn face and giving HalloWarped a singles run.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm in the first year of a ZEN save, and I have a big problem right now. Devilfish just handed in his notice as I was just starting to set him up for a main event role for the next couple of storylines. However, he just turned in his notice, so he'll be gone in a month.

At first I wasn't worried, because I was planning to move Killer B up to the main vent in his place. However, just a couple of days later, Killer B handed in his notice as well, leaving me without my next top face, as well as the guy who was going to replace him. And since I need a new top face to face my soon-to-be champion Damian Dastardly, I need to fix this.

Vertigo's an option, but he's been kind of aimless lately, and he hasn't been pulling amazing numbers despite his great stats. ZERO's there too, but I still have more ideas on ways to use him as a hell before I turn him. Right now, I'm considering elevating one of either Kalliope Woodchuck or a freshly-turned Buckminster Snark, or having Warp-Jump turn face and giving HalloWarped a singles run.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Push Woodchuck to the moon. She's born to be the top face of ZEN.