Let Me Save Scum

<p>A little thing, obviously. But could a "back to menu" button be added to the screen when running a show? </p><p> </p><p>

In TEW16, when running a show it was possible to hit the back button and return to the main menu. Then, you could reload your save and start the show again from the top. Dirtbag behavior that might get me called out in the player's handbook? Perhaps! But it was extremely handy when I forgot to, say, trigger a gimmick change or accidentally booked Michael Cole in a wrestling match. </p><p> </p><p>

This is still possible in TEW20! You just have to close the game entirely and restart. A back to menu button would save me some clicks.</p>

I've actually been save scumming the whole time. Just change your autosave setting to off in the preferences menu. Then when you click the home button you have the option whether to save or not. It's worked for me the whole time!

Save scummers unite!

It won't boot you back to the day phase if you do that? I've tried when I accidentally booked Edd Stone instead of Eddie Peak for a show and instead it made me redo the entire thing

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It won't boot you back to the day phase if you do that? I've tried when I accidentally booked Edd Stone instead of Eddie Peak for a show and instead it made me redo the entire thing</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just tested it and I was able to run one and exit (I forgot to turn off auto save) and then turned auto-save off and ran my second match. Once I saw the results for the second match I dropped out of live mode and went to the title screen. When I reloaded the save my second match was not ran.</p><p> </p><p> I did notice that I had to ensure that auto-save was turned off, because it turned itself back on.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: I tested it again this time ensuring that auto-save was off. I run the first match, dropped out of live mode and went back to the main menu and ensured I clicked no when it asked if I wanted to save. When I reloaded the game I was at the start of the show with no matches ran.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="johnnyhockey" data-cite="johnnyhockey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've actually been save scumming the whole time. Just change your autosave setting to off in the preferences menu. Then when you click the home button you have the option whether to save or not. It's worked for me the whole time! <p> </p><p> Save scummers unite!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oooooh yes. You can do this.</p>

It won't boot you back to the day phase if you do that? I've tried when I accidentally booked Edd Stone instead of Eddie Peak for a show and instead it made me redo the entire thing

Just got to make sure you save after you book the card but before starting the show. Then you can pop right back in. I've made it a habit in case my working the crowd doesn't go as planned :p

You can also go back to the booking area and save between matches as well, if you want to get reeeally scummy. And I do.

I've actually been save scumming the whole time. Just change your autosave setting to off in the preferences menu. Then when you click the home button you have the option whether to save or not. It's worked for me the whole time!

Save scummers unite!

I was hoping to avoid turning the auto save off because I want the security of that feature with the freedom to cheat whenever I want. But this will do!

Fellows in scummery... thank you.