Release Date Change... Idea?

<p>Greydog et al,</p><p> </p><p>

I completely understand your feelings behind pushing the official release back until the game itself is exactly where you want it. </p><p> </p><p>

BUT...</p><p> </p><p>

Would you guys be open to releasing a PRE-ORDER beta on Thursday? What I mean by that is a version of the game that you can start anytime, and play more than two months? Basically the full game AS-IS with the understanding it's not the finished product.</p><p> </p><p>

I, for one, have been having a blast playing but having it be limited to two months starting in January is getting a bit stale. I'd love to be able to buy the game in its current form now as a pre-order beta knowing that's there will be bugs etc.</p><p> </p><p>

Possible? With everything going on in the world there are a lot of people stuck at home and this would be a much-appreciated distraction.</p>

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of us would want that. But like alot of poeple mentionned, Adam and GDS does not want to release a game not ready. GDS never release a game in beta form. Adam mentionned on the tech forum that he might consider giving us more than 2 months at a later date. Im sad the game wont be released thursday but we’ll survive and the ga me will be so good when it’ll come out.

IIRC Adam has said before that they can't do pre-orders with the way they sell the game. I might be mistaken, though. Either way, he's already considering extending the beta time past 2 months, which would be a great move. I won't ask for more than that, even if I would rather just buy the full game now and deal with the daily patches.

I understand why they want to keep it pushed back. But the vast majority of the people who would buy this game day one will be on these forums and could just download updates as he gets them done just like we are doing with the beta.

Honestly they should put it out and put a disclaimer on the page saying that this is a pre release version of the game for people who are ok with the bugs to get. And that if you aren't ok with the bugs the full release is on the 14th.

I would gladly pay my money to get the full game this week and just download updates as they fix it.

Probably won't happen but I'd love to see a pre-order beta. The game is awesome as it is now and I know Adam will get it perfected anyway, he always does.

Most of what I'm doing now is trying my best to find obscure scenarios that will crash the game even if unrealistic so I can report if I run into something. I'm actually having fun doing that for some reason, lol. I haven't found anything that hasn't already been reported as of yet.

Honestly I think it's needed to ensure there aren't bugs and glitches a year in and to confirm that there are issues that are cyclical and should be tweaked (eg in CVerse I'm noticing stables form, disband and tweak non stop) Will this be a cyclical issue or is this just the game shaping the world at the start?

Honestly I think it's needed to ensure there aren't bugs and glitches a year in

This is my biggest concern. I worry that the two-month in-game demo/beta won't be able to collect enough data in regards to bugs for long-term games, which is what I exclusively play. I've yet to have a save game (in any version of TEW) that didn't go longer than two years... more like 5-10 years on a single save game. Seems like those of us who like these longer games will be beta testing long after the game is released.

The real test is going to be AI roster management, which is something that previous versions struggled with. It was meant to be significantly improved in 2020.

Obviously that’s not something which can be assessed in a couple of months; I’ll be very interested to see what people think once the game is fully released.

I'm not sure how much work it would be, but if Adam released the game or "pre-game" whatever you want to call it, he is still working on the beta and having to give the beta fixes. The pre-game would need updates as well, and it could potentially take longer if you have to constantly update two program files instead of one.

I'm not sure how much work it would be, but if Adam released the game or "pre-game" whatever you want to call it, he is still working on the beta and having to give the beta fixes. The pre-game would need updates as well, and it could potentially take longer if you have to constantly update two program files instead of one.

Is there any difference between the two besides the time block?