Release Date Change... Idea?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the least I believe the demo should be at least 4 months. Technically speaking, all of us are beta testers right now. There could be a multitude of issues that aren’t showing up because of the limited amount of playtime .

For me, I want this game to succeed SO badly, but I fear that once the full version is released we’re going to be close back to square 1 with bugs and glitches because two months just isn’t enough time to get the full scope of what we might uncover

Zero chance that we will be anywhere near square one when you look at the sheer number of bugs that Adam has sorted in the past week. Granted, there were a number of bugs that probably shouldn't have made it as far as they did but I have no idea how big the dev team was during the testing period.

I think there will still be some longterm gameplay issues (all games have these, and issues will differ from player to player) but I would expect minimal bugs / glitches by the time of the release.

I'm all for the extended trial period though. Adam actually seemed a bit receptive to the idea so it is possible, but I won't get my hopes up.

This is my biggest concern. I worry that the two-month in-game demo/beta won't be able to collect enough data in regards to bugs for long-term games, which is what I exclusively play. I've yet to have a save game (in any version of TEW) that didn't go longer than two years... more like 5-10 years on a single save game. Seems like those of us who like these longer games will be beta testing long after the game is released.

I agree that long running tests could be very helpful, so for this reason only I would support a beta release if Adam ever decided for it. I doubt it, but one can dream. Still, for the long testing needed, it would be very helpful and I would definitely join in on this. On the other hand, i can see it not happening almost for sure. Still, love the suggestion.

Yeah I agree with the sentiments of the thread in general, but obviously any opinions are generally going to be swayed by the prospect of getting to play the game fully (in whatever state) sooner.

It could be beneficial to have people pay the full price of the game to access a "full" beta though. It's a model Football Manager uses yearly now, and it would allow testing by many customers over a much longer in-game period. Plus it keeps interest in the product at a high level as it is now, which may otherwise wane with two more weeks until release and only two months playable.

However I can also completely see it from Adam's perspective as a creator, and even though technically a full beta wouldn't be releasing the game, it might seem as if it was to Adam, as to all intents and purposes that's what would be happening, just with the understanding that there would still be some bugs to iron out.

Personally I'm happy either way, obviously I'd love the full release but honestly I just want Adam to be happy with the release of the game that he's clearly worked so hard on, and wouldn't want anything to compromise that.

I haven't actually encountered a single error message, or any of the glitches listed in the patch notes. I'm enjoying the game as is, but I install the daily patches to keep everything updated.

I've said from the first announcement of TEW2020 that I'm buying this game. Adam/GDS can have my money right now, or whenever they'll take it. Having played every prior version of this game, and a couple other GDS products, I'm confident that whatever issues may exist will be fixed as soon as practical. I'd love to be able to play for longer than 2 months of game time while things get sorted out, but if that doesn't happen, I'll either start a new save with a new company, or just do something else while waiting for the release.

Hell, I'd pre-order TEW 2024 today if I could.

Oh well. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't. All I know is everytime I finish the 2 months in the game and have to start again I feel dejected and I'm less happy with the product. I also know if I stop playing and plan to wait till the 14th I'll probably not come back to it upon release because I'll have moved on to other things. So either way they might lose a sale that the would happily have gotten tomorrow because of the push back. Sorry.

I am like 99% sure there is no way to do pre-orders. I think it would be smart if they did though.

I personally would be fine with them pushing it back 4 or 5 months or even longer if they needed to. I don't want anyone overworking themselves, but I also want them to do a bunch of work on the game. I'm cool waiting for the game to be fixed.

I would pay for the game now if it mean't they would unlock it. Even if it's only a beta version. I'm also annoyed by being stuck in Jan&Feb.

Oh well. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't. All I know is everytime I finish the 2 months in the game and have to start again I feel dejected and I'm less happy with the product. I also know if I stop playing and plan to wait till the 14th I'll probably not come back to it upon release because I'll have moved on to other things. So either way they might lose a sale that the would happily have gotten tomorrow because of the push back. Sorry.

Have you tried one of the larger companies with multiple weekly TV shows and monthly events? I spend at least two hours putting together a single card, usually longer, so I rarely do more than one a night, sometimes only one a week, depending on other factors. With 2 months of game world time, at 2 TV shows per week you get 16 cards + 2-4 events. If that's not enough, you can add extra events, or do a brand split/touring schedule. Lots of ways to squeeze out more shows in the allowed window....

I haven't actually encountered a single error message, or any of the glitches listed in the patch notes. I'm enjoying the game as is, but I install the daily patches to keep everything updated.

I've said from the first announcement of TEW2020 that I'm buying this game. Adam/GDS can have my money right now, or whenever they'll take it. Having played every prior version of this game, and a couple other GDS products, I'm confident that whatever issues may exist will be fixed as soon as practical. I'd love to be able to play for longer than 2 months of game time while things get sorted out, but if that doesn't happen, I'll either start a new save with a new company, or just do something else while waiting for the release.

Hell, I'd pre-order TEW 2024 today if I could.

Most of this is basically as if I wrote it :D

Couple of months extension on the beta would be great. Maybe up to six months. Just while the creases get ironed out.

Have you tried one of the larger companies with multiple weekly TV shows and monthly events? I spend at least two hours putting together a single card, usually longer, so I rarely do more than one a night, sometimes only one a week, depending on other factors. With 2 months of game world time, at 2 TV shows per week you get 16 cards + 2-4 events. If that's not enough, you can add extra events, or do a brand split/touring schedule. Lots of ways to squeeze out more shows in the allowed window....

I normally play aew, or njpw all 3 are big companies with multiple shows and I've had multiple runs with nxt uk. But they are unfinished mods so I dont have to deal with somethings. I'm not really into the cornellverse I've always just played real world.

I would pay full price and would be willing to deal with bugs so long as its fixed. If he frames it as a pre-order perk for customers I do not see how it would effect his wider audience. Maybe create a temporary forum to keep the outside public from knowing any issues.

In a heartbeat. Oh I want the scrolling to get fixed but I do t let things like that get in the way of having fun.

Exactly. I don't need a game to be perfect. Just feature complete with the ability for things to be fixed later. Adam's been great with the daily patches, and I'd be happy to pay to get the full game now instead of waiting. Sadly, I guess that's not gonna happen, but I'm still hopeful for more time added to the demo.

Exactly. I don't need a game to be perfect. Just feature complete with the ability for things to be fixed later. Adam's been great with the daily patches, and I'd be happy to pay to get the full game now instead of waiting. Sadly, I guess that's not gonna happen, but I'm still hopeful for more time added to the demo.

I think the "we will think about it at a later date" is code for "not gonna happen, stop asking."

I would be happy to pay for the game to get full access, knowing that its a beta and is still being patched. It's would be like buying into an early access product. It's playable but you might encounter bugs.

I really at this point just want to get into a long term saved game, using the October 2019 real-world mods I've been converting over. If Adam said the game would be out tomorrow, even in the current state I would take it. Knowing that improvements will come down the line.

I would be happy to pay for the game to get full access, knowing that its a beta and is still being patched. It's would be like buying into an early access product. It's playable but you might encounter bugs.

I really at this point just want to get into a long term saved game, using the October 2019 real-world mods I've been converting over. If Adam said the game would be out tomorrow, even in the current state I would take it. Knowing that improvements will come down the line.

This is more or less how I feel about the game. I just want to get into it. The wait is deflating.

You guys would pay $35 for a game that doesn't have complete mouse scrolling support?

Adam's earned my trust with every prior version of this game. He's going to keep working on this version, and I'm going to enjoy playing it...just like all the others. From past experience, I expect to get several hundred hours of entertainment playing this game over the next few years. That's worth $35 to me.