Most stables disbanding in first week?

Sorry i think its safe to say that there will be no fix for this as this was Adams reply

[...]

Whilst i understand why its happening, its very disappointing and i dont understand why the new stable features where added if they dont work as intended.

That's...immensely disappointing. The least we could get is an option to have them "frozen," telling the AI to not disband or touch the members for X months/weeks. This way essential ones are fine for a long while and the AI can tinker with the less important groups.

Whilst i understand why its happening, its very disappointing and i dont understand why the new stable features where added if they dont work as intended.

Generally speaking, the default database is set up correctly "on paper" but due to the random element that exists with each save, there is a shakeup of some kind in every company the first week or so. It doesn't mean any features are "broken", it's happened in every TEW since 05. Stables are, by their very definition, used to develop talent and fuel storylines. Two months isn't enough time to see ANYTHING in that order. Stables can be broken up or restructured for any number of reasons. Whether it's turns or even someone in the stable gets a bad destiny roll and the AI decides to replace them for the good of the group. Also, it could be that a tweak needs to be made (perhaps raising an integer) for companies where stables aren't integral to the product. Otherwise, the AI freaks and starts shutting down everything over the desired number. Not every company is going to want a Social Outcasts or 3MB or JOB Squad type stable.

Would the user rebalancing the face - heel makeup before the start of the game in the companies help? It would be nice if the AI could do it but in the absence of that would this be a workaround?

In theory that’s a solution but you can’t really apply that to real world mods where WCW had a lopsided divide in real life so the game has to break up the NWO to make it equal.

In theory that’s a solution but you can’t really apply that to real world mods where WCW had a lopsided divide in real life so the game has to break up the NWO to make it equal.

OK so in the C-Verse for example as long as I'm wiling to flip a few people to balance it out it should work but real world mods are going to be messed up. And there would be no easy way to make minor changes that keeps historical authenticity while avoiding stable splits.

Hopefully Adam finds a way to patch it up. I think I can work around it (if turning a few workers before I start a game works) but I hope its fixed for others. Or me if I choose to play a real world mod at some point.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48821" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In theory that’s a solution but you can’t really apply that to real world mods where WCW had a lopsided divide in real life so the game has to break up the NWO to make it equal.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's hard to imagine any functioning AI booking late 90s WCW.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rufas2000" data-cite="rufas2000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48821" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>OK so in the C-Verse for example as long as I'm wiling to flip a few people to balance it out it should work but real world mods are going to be messed up. And there would be no easy way to make minor changes that keeps historical authenticity while avoiding stable splits.<p> </p><p> Hopefully Adam finds a way to patch it up. I think I can work around it (if turning a few workers before I start a game works) but I hope its fixed for others. Or me if I choose to play a real world mod at some point.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, it's great the game world is "Balancing" itself for custom/fantasy setups, but it def is immersion breaking when someone disbands all their stables in the first couple weeks of the game.</p><p> </p><p> It's going to make it real tough to replicate real world stables and have the AI respect them. Some type of guidance as to what that balance is that is needed or ways to have the AI respect the stables better in the editor would go a long way.</p><p> </p><p> A simple "face/heel balance check" or "stable check" like the "Data Check" on the old product screen would be very helpful in the editor for mod makers.</p>

<p>After some quick tests on the demo, it seems there's just too many stables for the AI at the start in the C-Verse.</p><p> </p><p>

If I remember well, there are 52 active stables at the beginning of the game.</p><p>

I deleted all of them before beginning a new game.</p><p> </p><p>

After two months spent just observing, there's now 23 stables in the game. Companies have between 0 and 2 stables at most. And the game seems to really like stables with 5 people in it.</p><p> </p><p>

Like I said, it's just based on the first two months available in the demo but I wanted to share my results.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

On a side note, yes it would be a nice option to permit modders to "lock" stables for some times. </p><p>

Concerning the T-Verse, the principe of the game is to be unpredictable in order not to have the same game start everytime. If the first six months were always the same when we start a new game, I wouldn't like it at all.</p>

<p>In the CVerse, a game built up with TEW in mind, I dont think it makes sense that theres consistently these amount of changes (stable particularly) in the early game. The CVerse should be optimized to work with TEW because its aging within a world that uses those mechanics, not a world that uses our RL rules. As such, it shouldnt feel like you're "intervening" in that world when you havent done anything yet. The world should feel like its continuing to go on, not like its suddenly got rules (TEW) to abide by.</p><p> </p><p>

On the other hand - it 100000000% makes sense that in RW this would be happening. The only real solution is what others have mentioned in that you can lock changes for a certain time. But if you look at most sports sims that are based on the real world, changes consistently happen at the start because the RW isnt growing or build with game rules in mind. </p><p> </p><p>

I 100% feel like the bigger change needs to happen on the CVerse side and the CVerse needs to be more optimized for the game its literally built for. This is a universe built by the game creator for this game, there should not be any mod that is more optimized for the game than a fictional mod by the game maker.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigDPW" data-cite="BigDPW" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48821" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone had a chance to test this since the latest patch that tried to address it? I haven't had any time to play the game for a few days so just curious...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I ran a test with Patch #13 and the new version of the database. </p><p> </p><p> I don't know which one has been "fixed"; TEW itself, the DB or both; but the answer is yes. There are less member turnovers and stable disbanding.</p><p> </p><p> After checking news day-by-day for one in-game month (since there is no "stable news" when you search for story types), here's what I noted :</p><p> </p><p> Stable Creation : 3</p><p> Stable Disbanding : 1</p><p> Members turnover : 1</p><p> </p><p> On a side note, there are also way less workers turning face/heel but as much tag team creation as before.</p>