Dark Side of the Ring Cornellverse Addition

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48957" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/column_top10.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/column_top10.html</a><p> </p><p> #5</p><p> </p><p> It's a shame Adam doesn't update the site anymore - although I guess I understand why as so much goes into the bios, and maybe he doesn't want to bog down players and diarists with too much 'lore'. But things like the above the Art Reed profile contributed so much to the characters way back when.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’d pay extra just to have that site updated again. It added so much depth to things that are referenced in worker and company bios, like the “Jack Bruce, Man Under Peessure” storyline. I’d love to read about everything from what exactly happened in the SWF Election or the Commotion In The Ocean storylines back in TEW 2010, to more details how AAA and 4C went bankrupt in this version, not to mention the SWF scandal that saw Richard Eisen forced out, and everything in between.</p><p> </p><p> Marc DuBois and Nemesis were the first two names that came to mind for dark side of the ring episodes, and for a lesser name that nobody else has mentioned, Madman Boone could be on there.</p>

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Csorrel18" data-cite="Csorrel18" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48957" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm gonna be honest, I need to know the backstory behind this cause i've never seen it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He is a character from the 1997 Cornellverse database that had immense potential as well as major personal demons.</p>

<p>Most of the ones I had in mind have already been brought up, so here's 3 I'm pretty sure haven't been mentioned yet:</p><p>

- "Be my Valentine": A retrospective on the rise and politics of Peter Valentine</p><p>

- "Chompin' at the Redwood": A candid look on the backstage moves of Giant Redwood</p><p>

- "West Coast Wars": The birth of IPW, Brother Grimm's defection and the subsequent GSW-IPW war</p>

From the 70s C-Verse:

RJ Danzig once deliberately broke someone's arm during a match and had a pattern of other bullying behaviour. Hinted to be Giant Redwood's trainer.

American Pro Wrestling Federation and it's mafia ties

A dedicated episode to the 4 major Championship Wrestling from Boston tragedies: The Boston Bomber destroying his own glittering career with hard drug usage, Iron Michael Milligan's death in a car crash in 1976, Promoter Gene Plumelli's death in 1978 which ensured the death of the promotion, and Wild Man Sullivan's death in 1981 in a car crash.

From 1997 C-Verse

The chaotic atmosphere, in front of and behind the camera, at Xtreme Wrestling Federation.

The death of Mr Supreme

The death of the Hype

He can punish it better if he lives there!

Maybe, his bio says this, "Nowadays Williams lives in rural Idaho, so apparently he's either forgiven the entire state or is working to punish it from the inside."

From the 70s C-Verse:

RJ Danzig once deliberately broke someone's arm during a match and had a pattern of other bullying behaviour. Hinted to be Giant Redwood's trainer.

American Pro Wrestling Federation and it's mafia ties

A dedicated episode to the 4 major Championship Wrestling from Boston tragedies: The Boston Bomber destroying his own glittering career with hard drug usage, Iron Michael Milligan's death in a car crash in 1976, Promoter Gene Plumelli's death in 1978 which ensured the death of the promotion, and Wild Man Sullivan's death in 1981 in a car crash.

From 1997 C-Verse

The chaotic atmosphere, in front of and behind the camera, at Xtreme Wrestling Federation.

The death of Mr Supreme

The death of the Hype

Can you go into detail about The Hype and Mr. Supreme? I know both fell off a bit but didnt know they died.

Was Mr Supreme just included in the CV 97 db or is he canon and did Adam just delete him from history?

Can you go into detail about The Hype and Mr. Supreme? I know both fell off a bit but didnt know they died.

as a (relative) new player, can someone explain who Mr supreme and Mr hype are? Were they big players, and how did they die?

The Hype and Mr Supreme (Dennis Butler) are two highly touted American wrestlers during the 90s. Mr Supreme is a main eventer for SWF while the Hype is a rookie with all the tools to immediately go to the top. Mr Supreme's bio makes clear he has a drinking problem while the Hype's bio is even starker, suggesting suffered trauma as a child, has a drinking problem and has OD'ed in the past.

Neither character is part of the "true canon" of C-Verse workers that begin in TEW05/TEW07

Thus, the heavily implication is that both the Hype and Dennis Butler/Mr Supreme are dead in the ground by 2005.

The specific circumstances of their deaths is left to the imagination of the readers, but it's would be pretty straightforward to take it that their addictions get the better of them.

• 1 month later...
I’d pay extra just to have that site updated again. It added so much depth to things that are referenced in worker and company bios, like the “Jack Bruce, Man Under Peessure” storyline. I’d love to read about everything from what exactly happened in the SWF Election or the Commotion In The Ocean storylines back in TEW 2010, to more details how AAA and 4C went bankrupt in this version, not to mention the SWF scandal that saw Richard Eisen forced out, and everything in between.

Marc DuBois and Nemesis were the first two names that came to mind for dark side of the ring episodes, and for a lesser name that nobody else has mentioned, Madman Boone could be on there.

I would love more backstories it gives so much more depth to characters and companies. I feel lost with characters sometimes trying to relate them to real life counter parts cause there is only so little known about some of them.