Dark Side of the Ring Cornellverse Addition

INSPIRE would be perfect. Edd Stone's break off from NOTB and the Stone family would be a really good one too.

I've never understood the big deal about the Edd Stone split. He's done really well. Solid midcarder in the No.3 company in the World. It's weird looking back. His time in NOTBPW only spanned from 2004 to 2007 (18 to 21 years old) and his entire adult life has been spent in TCW, where it doesn't seem like he's had any issues whatsoever. A respectable 13 year career. I've hired Edd a lot over the past few games, and I've never seen the Wild Child he's rumoured as being. He's never once been a negative presence backstage. No incidents whatsoever. He was just a college-aged kid doing college things, and it seems he landed where he needed to be.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood the big deal about the Edd Stone split. He's done really well. Solid midcarder in the No.3 company in the World. It's weird looking back. His time in NOTBPW only spanned from 2004 to 2007 (18 to 21 years old) and his entire adult life has been spent in TCW, where it doesn't seem like he's had any issues whatsoever. A respectable 13 year career. I've hired Edd a lot over the past few games, and I've never seen the Wild Child he's rumoured as being. He's never once been a negative presence backstage. No incidents whatsoever. He was just a college-aged kid doing college things, and it seems he landed where he needed to be.

He won my RR gonna win the title at WM. He's a beast

And that there is a testament to the TCW locker room and management. Imagine if Edd Stone had ended up in the SWF circus show in 2007?...

Some more I thought of (forgive me if some of these have been mentioned)

SWF's "Black Tuesday" (and subsequently, the firing of beloved announcer Peter Michaels)

The Foundation of MPWF (remember, four guys got so fed up with their employer they walked out and started a new company)

The Death of Shawn Gonzalez

And that one incident with ZEN and some kind of food (shortcake, I think?).

As a player who doesn't know much about the Cornell-verse pre-TEW2016, although I downloaded the 2010 demo to follow SWF's path, can anyone tell me where I can go to read about this match between Nemesis and Cornell and why it would be controversial ? Somehow, this is my first time hearing of this.

As a player who doesn't know much about the Cornell-verse pre-TEW2016, although I downloaded the 2010 demo to follow SWF's path, can anyone tell me where I can go to read about this match between Nemesis and Cornell and why it would be controversial ? Somehow, this is my first time hearing of this.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/column_top10.html

It's a shame Adam doesn't update the site anymore - although I guess I understand why as so much goes into the bios, and maybe he doesn't want to bog down players and diarists with too much 'lore'. But things like the above the Art Reed profile contributed so much to the characters way back when.

I'm going to throw an oddball out there just because I haven't this guy mentioned really at all with 2020 being out. There needs to be a story about Davis Wayne Newton going from basically Broken as the Indy Darling of all Indy Darlings...to still unsigned by a major promotion....and now on the other side of 30.

I think it would be cool if Adam was willing to do some sort of write ups for this stuff after 2020 is released and stable enough for him to have some free time. It would lead to some fun tidbits of lore.

This would be amazing, even if they were just "canon" forum posts or news stories.

Like a forum post on the Decolt Funeral as just one example, fleshing out who was there, what drove Alex so nuts, ect.

but it could be anything about the Cverse, just selfishly to mine for storyline ideas.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/column_top10.html

It's a shame Adam doesn't update the site anymore - although I guess I understand why as so much goes into the bios, and maybe he doesn't want to bog down players and diarists with too much 'lore'. But things like the above the Art Reed profile contributed so much to the characters way back when.

Thank you for sharing this list. This is really interesting.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edenborn" data-cite="edenborn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48957" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Hype.<p> </p><p> (a.k.a. Todd Cusson: What Might Have Been)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm gonna be honest, I need to know the backstory behind this cause i've never seen it.</p>