C-Verse Game Start Ideas

Since I'm a mark for saves that start with a hook, and we're all twiddling our thumbs, I've been kicking around some ideas for a long term save when the game launches I figured I'd post mine and see if we can all inspire each other and find the game that goes deep on launch.

First idea: Vibert offered to fill the creative void left by Nemesis at Invincible Pro Wrestling.

Nice and easy one here, you can go in a number of ways. Vibert is clearly a bit disillusioned with Hardcore wrestling, or otherwise, he'd join the boys in PSW. Going to CGC when he did proves to me he's got a vision but he just couldn't get it through Alex DeColt. I'd like to think it was the shoot style idea that Heyman had for ECW reboot. And that's really the only missing fed not in the US scene. IPW have a number of bad ass guys who could take this ball and run with it. And a very tight roster with the ability to bring in vets like Caufield and Acid to add some veteran edge.

Second idea: Giant Redwood and Peter Valentine start a promotion.

Everyones favorite Sam Strong charity cases from USPW in 2010 back at it. Would be a slam dunk diary save the only problem I see is finding an old sports entertainment slant that isn't already overdone in the US scene... And I mean OFC we're unretiring Petey for one more run. Never say never boys.

Third Idea: Eric finds a way to force out Jerry via hostile takeover, Goes Attitude Era, to the disdain of family.

Lots of ways you could go with this. There is a huge market gap for more adult-oriented entertainment with USPW now dominating the family-friendly stuff. You could unretire Eric, you could just use him as a heel authority gimmick. Start the Supremecy and moon push Spencer Spade and Parker Any way you go, the idea would be to use the Bischoff model. USPW are cartoon kids wrestling, so go reality adult, 18-34 M.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this! Third idea can go the other way to if you want to be a booker. Jerry gets rid of Eric because he is causing problems in the locker room. Your user character is brought on to be a puppet booker for the Eisen family.

Eric Eisen sees potential in India

Eric can't stand working under his brother and the shadow of his father. Offended that he was not given ownership he decides to open his own promotion in a large market that he can take over.... In India. He convinces some over the hill SWF alums to come with him.

Warrior's Legacy.

Ryu Kajahara, founder of WEXXV and now a succesful gameshow host, passes away peacefully in his home at the age of 62. In his will is a list of former WEXXV alumni who he always considered to be his best friends and to whom he owes his legacy. His last wish was that someone from the list would take upon himself to give WEXXV one more go.

Koichi Kajiwara, with his bad knee and all, decides to retire from active competition and takes up the job, feeling that it's his responsibility to continue the legacy since no one else seems to be interested.

With 25K$ from Ryu's will and full liberty to do what he wants with the rights, he sets up WEXXV once again, this time with the name Warrior Engine 20 (WEXX, as it's the year 2020 and the promotion will start with 20 wrestlers, just like WEXXV did with 25 when it opened). Kajiwara also realizes that the times have indeed changed, so he changes the product to "Hardcore Evolved", pulling back from the gory deathmatch image that the promotion once had. This draws the ire of Battle Sakata, Hiroshi Morisue and Zeshin Makioka, who all reject the idea of a new WEXX and view it as a disgrace, a spit upon Kajahara's grave.

Kajiwara is furious and promises to show them all, believing this is what Ryu would have wanted.

(Yeah, there might be a diary coming.. Who knows.. :D)

J.K. Stallings, one of the most successful businessmen on the planet (Owns a number of successful online business and websites, owns an American Football team, invested in private space tech, etc.) comes back to the wrestling world as a Brilliant Eccentric, trying to prove himself in the only realm he has ever failed.

He creates a company in Seattle, Washington, where he settled after no longer needing to be in Silicon Valley day in and day out. He states its a promotion that is used to showcase great young talent, promote indy darlings that he thinks should be picked up by a major promotion, and to give veterans one last hurrah.

However, in this hiring spree, he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, after wrestlers choose to pick his company over theirs on conflicting show dates.

Still, Stallings will not back down, despite the question of whether his contribution helps wrestlers and wrestling as an industry.

At this point you can either be an ultra-MAW style company, or make Stallings dream come true and become the best promotion in the world.

I think the promotion would be No-Style, since Stallings always seemed like he liked variety, but I think a number of products would work.

With his money, you'd be able to get a performance center and iBroadcast so it's basically an excuse to have a bloated roster and play the game where you try to get as many guys as good as you can.

Diary ideas to float

I have three possible ideas for a diary:

League of Heroes A Scandinavian based promotion which is drenched in big men and baby oil. For heavyweights and over, Europe has a lot of them with a wide range of abilities. Nearly all of them are heels so probably need a school producing big babyfaces.

Also I need a product that rewards power and size and is forgiving to their questionable stamina and psychology. So far best I can find is Classic Wild West, ideally I want a product that loves tables, caskets and I quit matches

Melbourne Wrestling - Bogans and Hoons surprisingly there is no promotion in Victoria and there are a lot of unemployed wrestlers based there. I am looking at a more performance based product which is lightweight friendly (I could fill a 16 man lightweight tourney (just) taking unemployed lightweights off the Aussie dole. Ready made invader storyline if wrestlers come in from another state (lots of heels hanging around Bondi Beach). Don’t go near a Sports entertainment, APW and RAW have got sports entertainment sewn up.

Bring me the head of Jeff Nova! A reboot of a seven year old diary. Can a woman scorned get her revenge over the most powerful man in British Wrestling? Harnessing the power of all those wronged by Nova to catch up and overtake 21CW.

Any ideas, opinions or suggestions people?

Warrior's Legacy.

Ryu Kajahara, founder of WEXXV and now a succesful gameshow host, passes away peacefully in his home at the age of 62. In his will is a list of former WEXXV alumni who he always considered to be his best friends and to whom he owes his legacy. His last wish was that someone from the list would take upon himself to give WEXXV one more go.

Koichi Kajiwara, with his bad knee and all, decides to retire from active competition and takes up the job, feeling that it's his responsibility to continue the legacy since no one else seems to be interested.

With 25K$ from Ryu's will and full liberty to do what he wants with the rights, he sets up WEXXV once again, this time with the name Warrior Engine 20 (WEXX, as it's the year 2020 and the promotion will start with 20 wrestlers, just like WEXXV did with 25 when it opened). Kajiwara also realizes that the times have indeed changed, so he changes the product to "Hardcore Evolved", pulling back from the gory deathmatch image that the promotion once had. This draws the ire of Battle Sakata, Hiroshi Morisue and Zeshin Makioka, who all reject the idea of a new WEXX and view it as a disgrace, a spit upon Kajahara's grave.

Kajiwara is furious and promises to show them all, believing this is what Ryu would have wanted.

(Yeah, there might be a diary coming.. Who knows.. :D)

Love it.

Would be cool when a real hardcore Promotion would be actual playable and not flooded with penalties regarding death matches.

Love it.

Would be cool when a real hardcore Promotion would be actual playable and not flooded with penalties regarding death matches.

You mean the ultra dangerous match set up penalty or..? There are quite a few of them that don't have the penalty, of course (for example the Hardcore Evolved doesn't get penalties from deathmatches). I do get why some products would get penalties though.

You mean the ultra dangerous match set up penalty or..? There are quite a few of them that don't have the penalty, of course (for example the Hardcore Evolved doesn't get penalties from deathmatches). I do get why some products would get penalties though.

Yea but I think then you can't do technical stuff without penalties, right? You can't emulate a BJW clone that good.

J.K. Stallings, one of the most successful businessmen on the planet (Owns a number of successful online business and websites, owns an American Football team, invested in private space tech, etc.) comes back to the wrestling world as a Brilliant Eccentric, trying to prove himself in the only realm he has ever failed.

He creates a company in Seattle, Washington, where he settled after no longer needing to be in Silicon Valley day in and day out. He states its a promotion that is used to showcase great young talent, promote indy darlings that he thinks should be picked up by a major promotion, and to give veterans one last hurrah.

However, in this hiring spree, he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, after wrestlers choose to pick his company over theirs on conflicting show dates.

Still, Stallings will not back down, despite the question of whether his contribution helps wrestlers and wrestling as an industry.

At this point you can either be an ultra-MAW style company, or make Stallings dream come true and become the best promotion in the world.

I think the promotion would be No-Style, since Stallings always seemed like he liked variety, but I think a number of products would work.

With his money, you'd be able to get a performance center and iBroadcast so it's basically an excuse to have a bloated roster and play the game where you try to get as many guys as good as you can.

This sounds like how cappyboy plays normally. I'm sure he'd take this challenge.

I typically play as small as possible to try and polish the dregs of the waiver wire into something useful. But otherwise Remi's right. This does sound like how I'd play if I got the itch to be big again. I love taking overlooked talent and building it up.

I typically play as small as possible to try and polish the dregs of the waiver wire into something useful. But otherwise Remi's right. This does sound like how I'd play if I got the itch to be big again. I love taking overlooked talent and building it up.

You could always start at insignificant. The cost of the performance center and broadcaster could be his initial investment. If his investment is say $500 million (the money he gathered from all the couches in his McMansion), the PC might be 300 mil (maxed out) and the broadcaster 100m (or more, depending on coverage and size) which would leave you with 100m in the kitty to work with. Just add a house rule that when you get to Small, you won't sign any exclusive contracts.

Some that I'm toying with but probably won't do as a dynasty:

Golden Boy Wrestling 2020

One of my favourite dynasties from EWR in aeons past, I forget the original author (conniption?). Basic premise is a 0/0/0/0 fed where the star (and in this new version, the user character) is an extremely talented and entertaining worker, but the scummiest human possible (which with the new attribute system is pretty damn scummy!) so nobody wants anything to do with him. Thus he starts his own promotion.

It's basically a story of how one of the most talented wrestlers in the world is a complete unknown, and whether he can build a company around him big enough to get any sort of global recognition before he retires because no other companies will hire him. I've always loved the premise but never really knuckled down and written it.

Honolulu Championship Wrestling

I love the concept of Hawaii being part of the USA but also completely separate, and would love to see a company based there, but don't know enough about the culture to do it justice in a dynasty. Clark Alexander would obviously be involved... I just like the idea of a company being really popular in its home region that nobody else has heard of.

You'd eventually get to a point where you're not big enough size wise to get anyone over enough to get show ratings high enough to get any more popular, but until that point it'd be fun!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48991" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some that I'm toying with but probably won't do as a dynasty:<p> </p><p> <strong>Golden Boy Wrestling 2020</strong></p><p> One of my favourite dynasties from EWR in aeons past, I forget the original author (conniption?). Basic premise is a 0/0/0/0 fed where the star (and in this new version, the user character) is an extremely talented and entertaining worker, but the scummiest human possible (which with the new attribute system is pretty damn scummy!) so nobody wants anything to do with him. Thus he starts his own promotion.</p><p> </p><p> It's basically a story of how one of the most talented wrestlers in the world is a complete unknown, and whether he can build a company around him big enough to get any sort of global recognition before he retires because no other companies will hire him. I've always loved the premise but never really knuckled down and written it.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> Golden Boy Wrestling... wow. That gave me some nostalgia I felt deep in my spine. And yes it was conniption!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48991" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like this! Third idea can go the other way to if you want to be a booker. Jerry gets rid of Eric because he is causing problems in the locker room. Your user character is brought on to be a puppet booker for the Eisen family.<p> </p><p> <strong>Eric Eisen sees potential in India</strong></p><p> </p><p> Eric can't stand working under his brother and the shadow of his father. Offended that he was not given ownership he decides to open his own promotion in a large market that he can take over.... In India. He convinces some over the hill SWF alums to come with him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I might do that now. Just add to my game make a company then delete player</p>

I'm struggling to find someone to start a company on the west coast with. Ideally a retired wrestler who can work as a road agent. It'd be flashy, but with old school style wrestling. Two names I thought of but didn't go with were Jack Bruce (too popular) and Enforcer Roberts (doesn't seem like a west coast guy). Any ideas?

I'm struggling to find someone to start a company on the west coast with. Ideally a retired wrestler who can work as a road agent. It'd be flashy, but with old school style wrestling. Two names I thought of but didn't go with were Jack Bruce (too popular) and Enforcer Roberts (doesn't seem like a west coast guy). Any ideas?

I'd probably use Runaway Train for that. I know he's not from the West Coast but it would make sense for him to leave and go west, or back to Canada to start to stay away from the SWF territories.

How about Fumihiro Ota, he's retired, defaults to road agent, and has west coast roots (CZCW & TCW vet).

How about Fumihiro Ota, he's retired, defaults to road agent, and has west coast roots (CZCW & TCW vet).

A good option, but how much money does he have? Wasn't in the big time long, probably have to start with like 10k tops.

A good option, but how much money does he have? Wasn't in the big time long, probably have to start with like 10k tops.

Ota is listed in the in-game editor as having Normal wealth, so yeah he may not have the $$$ to start a company. However, maybe he gets financial backing from his buddy Pee-Wee Germaine (another west coaster) who has loads of money, but no skill as a booker.

What about Bryan Vessey. He's had 2 stints with TCW during their LA days and stints in Japan. So I'm sure he's become a west coast guy in life.