Managers Gain Popularity Too Fast

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49137" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It’s currently the best way to get someone over in the game as a OP cheat.<p> </p><p> In reality, managers get over the most by actually talking and being in programs.</p><p> </p><p> The rate should be toned down.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Already a thread here about it, Adam's said it's working as intended but he did say he'd look into it - not sure if he's had a chance yet.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545970" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545970</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49137" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Already a thread here about it, Adam's said it's working as intended but he did say he'd look into it - not sure if he's had a chance yet.<p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545970" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545970</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Doesn’t seem like it. Hopefully soon.</p><p> </p><p> Majority of their pop gains should be coming From being in segments. I can’t imagine seeing Ms Elizabeth as a top major star in a company with 90 pop in 2 months. And even she’s been in angles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49137" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To use a real life example Orange Cassidy got over without really being in angles.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gained popularity, and the stuff he’s been in would be rated on charisma.</p><p> </p><p> Still, he’s nowhere near a 70 popularity.</p>

It’s currently the best way to get someone over in the game as a OP cheat.

I mean if you chose to use an 'OP cheat' in game then that's your decision. But I can't even count the amount of managers that have become as popular, if not more so, than the talent they managed. Paul Heyman and Lesnar is the best current example. I think people are genuinely more excited to yell along with him during Lesnar's entrance then they are about the damn match. Zelina Vega is more popular than any of her cronies. Sable. Sunny. Dude I could go on but, I disagree with your assessment.

I mean if you chose to use an 'OP cheat' in game then that's your decision. But I can't even count the amount of managers that have become as popular, if not more so, than the talent they managed. Paul Heyman and Lesnar is the best current example. I think people are genuinely more excited to yell along with him during Lesnar's entrance then they are about the damn match. Zelina Vega is more popular than any of her cronies. Sable. Sunny. Dude I could go on but, I disagree with your assessment.

It’s not a cheat when it’s working as intended. It’s just too overpowered.

You’re basically telling me not to use any managers.

Btw all the managers you just named did more then just accompany someone.

They all either talked or were in angles so yea I disagree with you...

<p>I haven't tested it. But it's been like that in previous games. For instance: if you want to bring in a women's division, it is a LOT better (almost strictly better I'd say, if on handshake deals) to bring in the wrestlers as managers first, have them pair up as mouthpieces for some of the big dudes, and wait half a year. As a result, you've got them SO much over, there's no way you could've replicated that with matches and handicap your cards in the process. It's almost a flawless transition. Almost everyone accepts the role change if you're playing a halfway decent company.</p><p> </p><p>

The was a lot harder in previous games because wrestlers weren't officially managers. You can assign them, but the role didn't register and it might piss them off. Because of the dual roles, it's quite OP, given any challenge of building pop is just skipped. It's a win-win situation instead of a win-loss situation in matches (getting a win-win there actually requires booking skill).</p><p> </p><p>

With that being said: it's actually the way it works in reality too. All managers get over by being... just there. Maybe the rates could be tweaked though. A loser's manager won't get over much. Vega, for one, got over for intervening, which is tied to match notes and should impact match rating. She could now wrestle matches, and it would be like she's been around for years (because she was). However, it should be a lower grade than the actual in-ring talent that's been around for as long, barring jobber status.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49137" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I haven't tested it. But it's been like that in previous games. For instance: if you want to bring in a women's division, it is a LOT better (almost strictly better I'd say, if on handshake deals) to bring in the wrestlers as managers first, have them pair up as mouthpieces for some of the big dudes, and wait half a year. As a result, you've got them SO much over, there's no way you could've replicated that with matches and handicap your cards in the process. It's almost a flawless transition. Almost everyone accepts the role change if you're playing a halfway decent company.<p> </p><p> The was a lot harder in previous games because wrestlers weren't officially managers. You can assign them, but the role didn't register and it might piss them off. Because of the dual roles, it's quite OP, given any challenge of building pop is just skipped. It's a win-win situation instead of a win-loss situation in matches (getting a win-win there actually requires booking skill).</p><p> </p><p> With that being said: it's actually the way it works in reality too. All managers get over by being... just there. Maybe the rates could be tweaked though. A loser's manager won't get over much. Vega, for one, got over for intervening, which is tied to match notes and should impact match rating.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Isn't this what Vince McMahon basically did with Roddy Piper when he brought him into the WWF in 1984? Roddy Piper comes in and is used as a manager for "Dr. D" David Schultz and Paul Orndorff, hosts Piper's Pit, then starts working matches on the house show loop as he rarely wrestled on TV. By WrestleMania, he was ready to headline the event with Orndorff, Hogan and Mr. T, and had headlined the War to Settle the Score on MTV against Hogan the month prior.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mattywood" data-cite="Mattywood" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49137" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't this what Vince McMahon basically did with Roddy Piper when he brought him into the WWF in 1984? Roddy Piper comes in and is used as a manager for "Dr. D" David Schultz and Paul Orndorff, hosts Piper's Pit, then starts working matches on the house show loop as he rarely wrestled on TV. By WrestleMania, he was ready to headline the event with Orndorff, Hogan and Mr. T, and had headlined the War to Settle the Score on MTV against Hogan the month prior.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a lot of the territories would have worked too - managers, back in the day, rarely travelled outside their territory (with the odd exception, like Ernie Roth, or managers who shoot managed their client everywhere). That way, even with a revolving door of talent, you still had one constant, and that constant was generally a heel to feud with whatever top babyfaces you had available to you.</p><p> </p><p> The Three Wise Men in WWWF, Jimmy Hart in Memphis, Bobby Heenan later in the WWF - you want someone to be ready to feud with Bruno in a hurry? Stick them with Blassie. You want a new rival for Lawler? Have Jimmy Hart bring them in. Hogan needs an opponent for a three match series? Throw them in the Heenan Family.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mattywood" data-cite="Mattywood" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49137" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't this what Vince McMahon basically did with Roddy Piper when he brought him into the WWF in 1984? Roddy Piper comes in and is used as a manager for "Dr. D" David Schultz and Paul Orndorff, hosts Piper's Pit, then starts working matches on the house show loop as he rarely wrestled on TV. By WrestleMania, he was ready to headline the event with Orndorff, Hogan and Mr. T, and had headlined the War to Settle the Score on MTV against Hogan the month prior.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Considering Piper been wrestling 5 years prior To his TV debut for WWF, I would assume he’d have some popularity already in that region. Also in his TV debut he was involved in a promo.</p><p> </p><p> Here we are talking about someone who is just in the background, not doing anything. Pretty much a valet.</p>