It's not a "small detail" when it's a key piece of the screen that you arguably spend more time interacting with then any other.

Not for me. I book my show in order of 1st segment to main event. So i only need to move maybe 1 segment a show. Even so it doesnt mother me. Im used to it.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for me. I book my show in order of 1st segment to main event. So i only need to move maybe 1 segment a show. Even so it doesnt mother me. Im used to it.

And that’s fine for you, because that’s the way you book. But many, many people don’t book that way and for a large majority of users, the moving of segments is a major problem (myself included)

Why are you dismissing it as a problem just because of the way you book?

Congratulations. Just because it doesn't bother you personally doesn't mean it's not an issue for a lot of other people. Empathy is a thing you know.

I understand why the booking arrows were changed. On paper is means you only click once to move a segment instead of twice (to highlight and then click button). However in spite of being a good idea on paper it actually doesn’t work well in practice.

The idea was perfectly sound in principle. However it actually has the opposite effect of what was intended- it makes reordering segments *more* fiddly rather than less.

It isn’t game breaking but it is a pain. And yes even if we say it takes 20 additional seconds to reorder, that’s twenty additional seconds every single show. Over the course of a months booking that becomes quite irritating.

I hope it is amended in a patch because having not liked the UI at all initially I am willing to accept it now (albeit still not a fan) with just a couple of changes.

This change and adding a ‘Tracking’ to cover all attributes on one screen which was an inexplicable removal from TEW 2016.

Just wanted to drop in and give massive thanks to Adam for all the extra work that has gone into this game over the c last few weeks since beta was released.

There will always be a vocal minority regardless of what is done as not everyone can be pleased with everything.. that goes for all walks of life.

I do however feel there is a certain sense of naivity from people who expected fundamental games aspects to be rewritten to how they would like or the ui to be totally overhauled to look amazingly different on such a short space of time.

For a variety of things people keep bringing up football manager (which I personally play and love) however in terms of support and listening to their fan base they do not even come close to being on a par with Adam.

Every year football manager has its own vocal minority whether it be about the ui, the 3d match engine, too many goals, too few goals,game breaking tactics etc.

Si tend to sometimes not acknowledge some if the issues at all and even when they do release usually 3 to 4 patches through the game life cycle. We all know from not just this tew but the past that Adam releases numerous patches frequently which fix errors and also often add extra elements to the game.

Adam is top class with tech support and if there is a major error which crashes the game for example he has a patch out within a day usually.. the aforementioned football manager went almost a week a couple versions ago where nobody could even play because of a bug.

Every version of tew is not going to be everyone's cup of tea that's a fact and people within the community will come and go like any other part of life.

Looking back from ewr days onward the nodding Community for example has changed so much if someone who makes a mood decides the game is not for them for example there will be someone else who steps up and takes over. Take real world for example you had ewr with ravex and eggystats then moving into tew ravex and myself then tcp I think it was did a real world mod..as people like ravex and myself lost interest or time we evolved on as a community with fleisch etc al now to where we are with ktb..Landx etc .

I love that every tew you see new people stepping up with quality work which will be no different this time.

Summing up thanks Adam for working so hard on the game and releasing something i am enjoying. Not everybody is going to be happy but also not everyone gets everything they want into every game.

Just wanted to drop in and give massive thanks to Adam for all the extra work that has gone into this game over the c last few weeks since beta was released.

There will always be a vocal minority regardless of what is done as not everyone can be pleased with everything.. that goes for all walks of life.

I do however feel there is a certain sense of naivity from people who expected fundamental games aspects to be rewritten to how they would like or the ui to be totally overhauled to look amazingly different on such a short space of time.

For a variety of things people keep bringing up football manager (which I personally play and love) however in terms of support and listening to their fan base they do not even come close to being on a par with Adam.

Every year football manager has its own vocal minority whether it be about the ui, the 3d match engine, too many goals, too few goals,game breaking tactics etc.

Si tend to sometimes not acknowledge some if the issues at all and even when they do release usually 3 to 4 patches through the game life cycle. We all know from not just this tew but the past that Adam releases numerous patches frequently which fix errors and also often add extra elements to the game.

Adam is top class with tech support and if there is a major error which crashes the game for example he has a patch out within a day usually.. the aforementioned football manager went almost a week a couple versions ago where nobody could even play because of a bug.

Every version of tew is not going to be everyone's cup of tea that's a fact and people within the community will come and go like any other part of life.

Looking back from ewr days onward the nodding Community for example has changed so much if someone who makes a mood decides the game is not for them for example there will be someone else who steps up and takes over. Take real world for example you had ewr with ravex and eggystats then moving into tew ravex and myself then tcp I think it was did a real world mod..as people like ravex and myself lost interest or time we evolved on as a community with fleisch etc al now to where we are with ktb..Landx etc .

I love that every tew you see new people stepping up with quality work which will be no different this time.

Summing up thanks Adam for working so hard on the game and releasing something i am enjoying. Not everybody is going to be happy but also not everyone gets everything they want into every game.

One of the few times I wish I could use a Facebook thumbs up here.

Without wishing to stray off the topic- Sports Interactive have been brilliant at responding to their community for nearly 30 years. They are a bad example to use to show a company who are less responsive than Adam is.

I don’t understand why each time issues are being raised (moving booking segments etc) people are coming along and posting saying how asking for these changes is unreasonable or naive.

The UI was substandard. That was raised and accepted and it has been tweaked- it still isn’t a great UI but it’s fine. Certainly better than it was during the Beta. There are more changes that still should be made to improve it further and I don’t see anyone expecting a huge overhaul of the UI at this stage.

However to suggest that anyone now raising issues should just accept that the game isn’t their cup of tea sounds as though you are suggesting they should keep quiet and make do. That is inconsistent with the point you are making about a company listening to and responding to feedback.

No, but it's hard to say how many players actively dislike the current UI. A lot, for sure, but I'd be hesitant to say anywhere close to half. From what I've seen, most people are pretty neutral on it at this point.

Yes, it's impossible to say how many people feel one way or the other about the UI.

Nonetheless, the UI is objectively bad. If more of us aren't banging on about it, it's because:

A) Enough people have already brought it up. No need to pile on. Adam is aware of the issues and whatever can be done will be done.

and...

B) The discourse about this demo, from all sides, has been rather unpleasant. Some of the complainers have been rude and insulting, and some of the demo's defenders have been rude and dismissive. A lot of us just don't want to get into it.

Congratulations. Just because it doesn't bother you personally doesn't mean it's not an issue for a lot of other people. Empathy is a thing you know.

Then go post it on the suggestion forum and move on. It’s that simple!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49492" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, can we quit pretending the UI has been fixed? Everything other than the cluster of buttons on the office menu is... exactly the same.<p> </p><p> - Still can't scroll on 90% of screens</p><p> - Still no division of stats like in the excellent mockup Slim Jim made</p><p> - Still have to click tiny arrows on the booking screen</p><p> - Still have 4 tiny dropdown boxes for attributes in the editor</p><p> - Putting together a tournament is still so painful you should just use Challonge</p><p> - Still have to click every. individual. option. when changing a worker's picture</p><p> </p><p> What we got was a skin - an admittedly very nice skin, but a skin nonetheless.</p></div></blockquote><p> Agreed. I have purchased the game but feel disappointed with the end product in terms of the UI. I know I'm part of the problem in a sense, but the added features are too much to pass up on. However, the UI issues you mention are really rough. Cannot type first letter of road agent notes or scroll with the mouse wheel.</p>

Yes, it's impossible to say how many people feel one way or the other about the UI.

Nonetheless, the UI is objectively bad. If more of us aren't banging on about it, it's because:

A) Enough people have already brought it up. No need to pile on. Adam is aware of the issues and whatever can be done will be done.

and...

B) The discourse about this demo, from all sides, has been rather unpleasant. Some of the complainers have been rude and insulting, and some of the demo's defenders have been rude and dismissive. A lot of us just don't want to get into it.

Very much this. If everyone that does graphics for the game tells you the UI is bad practice, there's something there. I love the game, and I couldn't be more happy that Adam still makes these games, so I'm super appreciative of what has been produced (also appreciative of the graphics guy, who has done a fine job with the second UI), but the UX has been an issue some way or another for as long as there have been TEW's.

Many of the changes would be looked at as objectively "wrong" in any UI/UX class in the world. No UI expert would ever say that the arrow placement on the booking screen is sensible. No UI expert would ever say that it's acceptable having to click a side bar to use the keyboard to scroll one line at a time, when the same could be achieved much faster with a mouse wheel. No UI expert would say that fiddly drop down boxes for attributes is a good idea. No UI expert would ever say it's okay to remove a basic feature like typing to chosing road agent notes.

If you look at who's complaining, it's actually all the people with a background in graphics design. Maybe others don't care enough, or they feel like it's not an issue, but don't pretend it's good practice.

Anyway, no more from me. I actually enjoy the heck out of TEW2020, so I'm off to continue my diary. :-)

<p>I've bought the game because I still enjoyed playing the demo but for the first time since finding this series I did deliberate over the decision. The game is fun to play, and I've already gotten hours out of it so I'm happy to buy it <em>but</em> I'm sincerely hoping that changes can still be made to the UI. Reintroduction of a Track Progress screen & sorting out the booking screen arrows (I try to book start to finish more in 2020 than I used to but when you do need to change it's the opposite of user-friendly) would be my most important fixes.</p><p> </p><p>

I also really miss having grade images for skills & ratings; the colour change patch has helped but even as a longtime Football Manager player I loved using the grade-number combo images to quickly see what my wrestlers were good or bad at. I really hope these are re-introduced whenever the next TEW is made, even if it's only in as an extra screen</p>

I really enjoy the game. Would I fix a few things? Probably. Do I still like it? yes. I'll go post in the suggestion forum about the things I don't like. So much of the discourse in here just seems way overblown. It's just a video game. Admittedly a very good one.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Oyaji" data-cite="Oyaji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49492" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Agreed. I have purchased the game but feel disappointed with the end product in terms of the UI. I know I'm part of the problem in a sense, but the added features are too much to pass up on. However, the UI issues you mention are really rough. Cannot type first letter of road agent notes or scroll with the mouse wheel.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know it's not the same as scrolling but you can click the arrows to cycle through each section of the road agent notes. It's alot easier than trying to find what you need in the big list</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dross" data-cite="Dross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49492" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very much this. If everyone that does graphics for the game tells you the UI is bad practice, there's something there. I love the game, and I couldn't be more happy that Adam still makes these games, so I'm super appreciative of what has been produced (also appreciative of the graphics guy, who has done a fine job with the second UI), but the UX has been an issue some way or another for as long as there have been TEW's. <p> </p><p> Many of the changes would be looked at as objectively "wrong" in any UI/UX class in the world. No UI expert would ever say that the arrow placement on the booking screen is sensible. No UI expert would ever say that it's acceptable having to click a side bar to use the keyboard to scroll one line at a time, when the same could be achieved much faster with a mouse wheel. No UI expert would say that fiddly drop down boxes for attributes is a good idea. No UI expert would ever say it's okay to remove a basic feature like typing to chosing road agent notes.</p><p> </p><p> If you look at who's complaining, it's actually all the people with a background in graphics design. Maybe others don't care enough, or they feel like it's not an issue, but don't pretend it's good practice.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, no more from me. I actually enjoy the heck out of TEW2020, so I'm off to continue my diary. :-)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah and that’s the problem. No UI expert was consulted (it seems). They’re an integral part of the process and this development seemed to omit them.</p><p> </p><p> As far as all the people endlessly posting “Thank you Adam! It’s just a vocal minority, this game is perfect.” I don’t understand your motivation. There were MAJOR problems with this game, Adam admitted it and made (some) changes. Were the people who complained during the beta just a “vocal minority” then? Because that vocal minority gave you changes that made you such a great game.</p><p> </p><p> The fact remains that we have key members of the community (Genadi is an example) who aren’t happy and might not create mods anymore. If you think the majority of people play because of the Cornellverse you’re kidding yourself. We need a healthy mod community for this game and a lot of Adam’s decisions have damaged that.</p>

<p>I feel like the demo was a horribly unfinished game, where as the retail version is simply an unfinished game. It's playable sure, but there are so many things wrong with TEW 2020.</p><p> </p><p>

- finances are all over the place. Seriously, they are an absolute mess.</p><p>

- no scrolling on numerous screens</p><p>

- have to click on each and every individual skill to track its progress</p><p>

- the listing of skills is an eye sore. Check out slim Jim's design to see it done properly</p><p>

- can't edit retirements/hiatuses using the in game editor</p><p>

-AI booking is ludicrously repetitive (the same tag team match 17 times in a row, really?)</p><p>

-etc</p><p> </p><p>

The list could go on and on. I can only pray that patches continue to be released regularly, as in its current state, the game simply isn't up to scratch.</p>

The game looks like the two-week delay was only to fix the RTE crashes, re-arranged office buttons, and make a new default skin (which looks curiously like a custom skin that a player released within a day of the beta release, but is uncredited). Still a no-buy for me until I see a lot more improvement. Very disappointed.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Taker4455" data-cite="Taker4455" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49492" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I feel like the demo was a horribly unfinished game, where as the retail version is simply an unfinished game. It's playable sure, but there are so many things wrong with TEW 2020.<p> </p><p> - finances are all over the place. Seriously, they are an absolute mess.</p><p> - no scrolling on numerous screens</p><p> - have to click on each and every individual skill to track its progress</p><p> - the listing of skills is an eye sore. Check out slim Jim's design to see it done properly</p><p> - can't edit retirements/hiatuses using the in game editor</p><p> -AI booking is ludicrously repetitive (the same tag team match 17 times in a row, really?)</p><p> -etc</p><p> </p><p> The list could go on and on. I can only pray that patches continue to be released regularly, as in its current state, the game simply isn't up to scratch.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you playing Cornelleverse or a mod?</p>

I feel like the demo was a horribly unfinished game, where as the retail version is simply an unfinished game. It's playable sure, but there are so many things wrong with TEW 2020.

- finances are all over the place. Seriously, they are an absolute mess.

- no scrolling on numerous screens

- have to click on each and every individual skill to track its progress

- the listing of skills is an eye sore. Check out slim Jim's design to see it done properly

- can't edit retirements/hiatuses using the in game editor

-AI booking is ludicrously repetitive (the same tag team match 17 times in a row, really?)

-etc

The list could go on and on. I can only pray that patches continue to be released regularly, as in its current state, the game simply isn't up to scratch.

Yeah, does the AI get penalized for repetitive matches?