Why can't we talk to people who left the business?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50332" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And why is that a bad thing? How is it "cheesing"? Who is being hurt here? I want Champagne Lover or J-Ro or hell Jeri Behr's back not to be wrecked so she can come back and slap the taste out of Byron's disgusting bronze skin. Why can't I? The curveballs are fun. Why can't I throw my curveball? This is a fantasy booking game, with no online features. It just blows my mind sometimes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because clearly Adam designed the game as a realistic booking simulator. Which not a single thing you mentioned seems to fit into the realistic aspect.</p>

<p>While it's true The Rock eventually came back, Vince kept fighting for that for years, and we don't know of all his failed attempts at other returns (Of which I assume there are many). Bret Hart was the same deal. Also, they were only able to get The Rock on a pretty limited schedule for very few matches.</p><p> </p><p>

With Brock Lesnar, there were apparently booking limitations, such as when he refused to have a match even remotely approaching hardcore against Ambrose.</p><p> </p><p>

If we want stuff like getting Champagne Lover back, there should be a much more granular and thoughtful approach than "Pay X to get him back"</p><p> </p><p>

I agree that it should be something that's cheatable in the editor, though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50332" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because clearly Adam designed the game as a realistic booking simulator. Which not a single thing you mentioned seems to fit into the realistic aspect.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The realistic aspect of a fiction universe that is entirely based on reality where Ric Flair has retired 63 times? Ok bud. Trolldar is lighting up.</p>

<p>All this stuff should be editable in-game IMO. If you’re booking a long term real world save and you want to bring someone out of retirement or back from hiatus, you should be able to.</p><p> </p><p>

It should be up to the individual player how they want to play THEIR save. It’s their universe, it’s their head canon, I would wager the majority of us play the game to write wrestling stories in our head, not to *checks notes* “cheese the system”.</p>

The two problems I see currently are...

1.) The "On-Hiatus" status not being available anymore. I feel like this would be perfect for someone like Champagne Lover, The Rock '04, or even Lio Rush to say they may be gone for now but there is a chance for them to come back. Maybe even being able to talk to them and having a small shot they decide to come back when you do like Self said earlier. With people who left the business, I can see them maybe only coming back for something like a Hall of Fame or something. But then again it's not like you can actually book a Hall of Fame show in TEW so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

2.) It's plain to see a lot of people would like the ability to change someone's status in the mid-game. Though others have objections I see no problem with this. If you have a problem with it you can just not do it. But at the end of the day, TEW is a game that's for fun, and fun is subjective, so if someone wants to be able to edit status of workers cause that adds to their fun it should no doubt be added. it can only make the game more liked.

Because clearly Adam designed the game as a realistic booking simulator. Which not a single thing you mentioned seems to fit into the realistic aspect.

Have you ever heard of the Rock? Or Brock Lesnar?

Also, using your logic, it's a little bizarre that you can edit skills and popularity in the in-game editor if you choose to do so, because that REALLY doesn't seem realistic to me.

Tony Schaivone in real life left the business for almost 20 years and finally came back because he started podcasting and someone reached out to him and got him into MLW and then AEW.

There should definitely be an option to try to at least put out a feeler and see if they're interested in coming back.

In real life some people just get burnt out and move on but then they are convinced to come back.

2.) It's plain to see a lot of people would like the ability to change someone's status in the mid-game. Though others have objections I see no problem with this. If you have a problem with it you can just not do it. But at the end of the day, TEW is a game that's for fun, and fun is subjective, so if someone wants to be able to edit status of workers cause that adds to their fun it should no doubt be added. it can only make the game more liked.

Yeah, this pretty much sums my thoughts up in a nutshell. If you have a problem with someone doing something in their game YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO IT.

Why are people arguing for something that literally doesn’t affect them in the slightest because they don’t want other people playing the game however they see fit? Seems bizarre to me

What if we were able to give them a one day contract like hiring a local? Like what if I wanted to bring in Brutus Beefcake, for example, to put in a hall of fame or for a legends appreciation show or something. In real life, even if they are retired alot of former wrestlers would make a one off exception for a quick paycheck.

You can always just change it so that no one has left the business before you start a save if it really bothers you. It personally doesn't really bother me either way.

The Rock never left the business. He just stopped mentioning it. There was only 3 calendar years between 04 (when he went to acting) and 11 (when he feuded with Cena) that he made absolutely no WWE appearances.

The thing is that in reality most wrestlers don't leave the business, but historically there are some who have.

He did, however. Being gone for 7 years and not being involved in wrestling in any capacity screams “left the business” to me.

It’s not a problem to admit this is completely flawed in TEW and the game doesn’t offer enough options to such a broad scope of how “left the business” actually is IRL

Just because your understanding of "Left the business" is different to Adam's. It doesn't make the game wrong. In the games universe. Your "left the business" is TEW's "on hiatus". "Left the business" IN THE GAME means gone forever. Not gone on hiatus for X amount of years.

Done.

And as someone else suggested just add them back in before you start. If you've already started, clone an active character and alter their stats to match the inactive character you want.

There's many work arounds. And they're all quicker than wasting time on this topic.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="splitgoose" data-cite="splitgoose" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50332" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> And as someone else suggested just add them back in before you start. If you've already started, clone an active character and alter their stats to match the inactive character you want.</p><p> </p><p> There's many work arounds. And they're all quicker than wasting time on this topic.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean yeah that's a workaround for now, but I think calling this topic a waste of time is pretty rude. It's perfectly fine if you don't care about this issue, you don't have to tell the people that do that it shouldn't matter.</p>

Just because your understanding of "Left the business" is different to Adam's. It doesn't make the game wrong. In the games universe. Your "left the business" is TEW's "on hiatus". "Left the business" IN THE GAME means gone forever. Not gone on hiatus for X amount of years.

Done.

And as someone else suggested just add them back in before you start. If you've already started, clone an active character and alter their stats to match the inactive character you want.

There's many work arounds. And they're all quicker than wasting time on this topic.

Doesn’t make my opinion wrong now either, does it? Just because you worship adam and think his games can do no wrong doesn’t mean you’re right, either.

Some of you need to get a serious grip

I mean yeah that's a workaround for now, but I think calling this topic a waste of time is pretty rude. It's perfectly fine if you don't care about this issue, you don't have to tell the people that do that it shouldn't matter.

I don't mean to be rude. And I don't think I am being rude. This particular thread is not going to change anyone's mind on the matter. And yelling back and forth that "Left the Business" does or does not mean "On Hiatus (2: Electric Boogalo)" WILL NOT help anyone's gameplay.

The topic is called "Why can't we talk to people who have left the business?" And the answer is "Because the game won't let you." End of thread. Anything else is a waste of time.

The topic is called "Why can't we talk to people who have left the business?" And the answer is "Because the game won't let you." End of thread. Anything else is a waste of time.

Not sure if you're familiar with Adam's games, but just as a heads-up, he quite often changes things in response to people pointing out issues.

Done.

What is it with people on this forum constantly trying to control the conversation and silence critical voices?

I don't remember it being this bad in earlier years.

Anyway, TEW2020 no longer has an "on hiatus" state. It seems that according to the new game mechanics, a worker is either in the business or out, and the people who are out will never come back at all, ever.

Not sure if you're familiar with Adam's games, but just as a heads-up, he quite often changes things in response to people pointing out issues.

Say it louder for the people in the back. It's not just issues either. He's changed the create a broadcaster thing twice now in response to it being too cheap, then too expensive.

Regardless of what Adam thinks is right, he listens to his customer base/fans of the game. If there's a majority that would like something changed, he'll often change it, and notate something along the lines of per user request to signify something he changed at the behest of those of us playing the game. Behest might be a bit strong, but I hope the point of the statement is not lost. You read the patch notes to see this is a factual statement.

At the end of the day, the game isn't competitive in any aspect. How I play my game doesn't effect how you play your game. So if it's something that can be changed to help those who would like it changed, then it's a good discussion to have. As others have said, you don't have to use that particular feature should it be added into the game.

Took a few minutes of browsing through the editor to find this but I knew the 91 mod had Owen Hart preset to be on personal issues for a couple months, and I've seen workers listed on hiatus. Just had to dig a little to find the right place to do it. It hasn't been removed just moved to a new section. If you go into the editor pregame. There is a section called "Staring Absences." In there you can set a worker up to be on hiatus/in rehab/in prison etc. So, if you want to simulate someone like The Rock coming back, you can create an on Hiatus, including for how long, and name it Gone to Hollywood. That way if you want to try and bring him back you can, but if you set it for 7 years or something, then outside of that he won't come back. Left the Business I think is mainly for workers who have aged out, or a special circumstance like Champagne Lover in the Cornerllverse. While no you can't edit them back in during the game, if you know ahead of time you want to use him at some point just change it to him being active and on hiatus. If they are listed as absent because of personal problems they also won't except any offers until it expires. Took a few minutes of browsing through the editor to find this but I knew the 91 mod had Owen Hart preset to be on personal issues for a couple months, and I've seen workers listed on hiatus. Just had to dig a little to find the right place to do it.

What is it with people on this forum constantly trying to control the conversation and silence critical voices?

Anyway, TEW2020 no longer has an "on hiatus" state. It seems that according to the new game mechanics, a worker is either in the business or out, and the people who are out will never come back at all, ever.

You must not have been around for people requesting an auto booker that Adam was so vehemently against because why give your customers what they want? Of course he finally gave in.

Huh?! I was pretty sure I've seen people on hiatus. Well if I'm wrong then that was a weird decision for the developers to take.

But more importantly, can the hysteria stop? I haven't crashed people's computers or deleted their accounts. I haven't done anything to stop people having their say. And I'd appreciate if you apologized. I'm just pointing out that this is a lame argument. Continue to slander each other if you wish. I'll play the game, and put more effort into making it work than whinging.

Sorry to "silence" you.