Whenever I get a road agent warning me that a worker does not have the stamina for a match of this length I've noticed it seems that workers either can handle an all out match over 15 minutes or they can't. They can't, for example, handle a 17 minute match, or even just an extra minute over 15. Is this normal? Would it make more sense for stamina to cover a larger range of ability rather than a checked box of whether or not they can do 15+? It'd be nice if I could know that say, if a worker can't do 20, but 18 would be okay. Does this make sense to anybody else?

<p>I've seen quite a few different cutoffs. For example:</p><p>

</p><ul><li>a guy who could handle a Wild Brawl at 6 and not 7 minutes<br /></li><li>a guy who could handle Steal the Show 10 but not 11 minutes<br /></li><li>a guy who could handle a regular match at 5 but not 6 minutes<br /></li></ul><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50734" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><ul><li>a guy who could handle a regular match at 5 but not 6 minutes<br /></li></ul><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This one is my favorite. If you can barely handle 5 minutes, you don't belong in the business.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spirophore" data-cite="Spirophore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50734" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whenever I get a road agent warning me that a worker does not have the stamina for a match of this length I've noticed it seems that workers either can handle an all out match over 15 minutes or they can't. They can't, for example, handle a 17 minute match, or even just an extra minute over 15. Is this normal? Would it make more sense for stamina to cover a larger range of ability rather than a checked box of whether or not they can do 15+? It'd be nice if I could know that say, if a worker can't do 20, but 18 would be okay. Does this make sense to anybody else?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. Everybody's got a point where they gas out/ adrenaline dump. And when it happens, I've seen unbelievable athletes reduced to a glob of goo desperate to take in oxygen. If anything, TEW is more forgiving than it should be.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50734" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This one is my favorite. If you can barely handle 5 minutes, you don't belong in the business.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It worked out pretty well for The Ultimate Warrior.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50734" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It worked out pretty well for The Ultimate Warrior.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And Goldberg</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wolfwwe" data-cite="wolfwwe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50734" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thing is, the cut-off has to be somewhere. For example, you saying they'd be ok with 18 and not 20 means the cut-off is really 19, not 20, so it still has a strict cut-off, ya know?<p> </p><p> Maybe a different cut-off for different levels of stamina would be appropriate.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I actually wish that match times were a lot more nebulous than they are, because one of the challenges of booking bad workers who don't know how to wrestle, is how to get home on a dime. On lower shows, going 5minutes long is no big deal. But going 5mins long on a 44min wrestling show. Is a nightmare. So, maybe you can't book them for longer than 5-10-15mins but they themselves will have a rest spot worked out and they go 7 because they have low experience. Something like that.</p>

Maybe instead of 15 is ok and 16 is not instead there is a point where there is a small chance the wrestler gets gassed at 13 and increases with each additional minute. Obviously the cutoff is still there (and would be higher or lower depending on stamina) but it isn't as punitive as 15 is fine but 16 is too much.

I've seen quite a few different cutoffs. For example:

• a guy who could handle a Wild Brawl at 6 and not 7 minutes
  • a guy who could handle Steal the Show 10 but not 11 minutes
  • a guy who could handle a regular match at 5 but not 6 minutes

Yeah, my experience is the same as yours. I’ve seen workers with all kinds of different cutoffs.

Maybe instead of 15 is ok and 16 is not instead there is a point where there is a small chance the wrestler gets gassed at 13 and increases with each additional minute. Obviously the cutoff is still there (and would be higher or lower depending on stamina) but it isn't as punitive as 15 is fine but 16 is too much.

To some extent that's already true. You'll get road agent notes in the match in the form "Wrestler X was penalized for stamina" for match lengths well before one where the road agent straight up stops you and says that this guy is going to die.

I think the problem people are complaining about is that the stamina system doesn't seem to be fluid, instead, there seems to be checkpoints.

It is fluid, though. There are levels of being exhausted from a match. If you go just a minute over the limit, the game will tell you the worker was "visibly tiring" and it will only slightly affect their performance as opposed to the note "worker x was exhausted by the end".

Also, whenever they go over their limit, their stamina will improve, at least that's how it worked in previous games.

It is fluid, though. There are levels of being exhausted from a match. If you go just a minute over the limit, the game will tell you the worker was "visibly tiring" and it will only slightly affect their performance as opposed to the note "worker x was exhausted by the end".

Also, whenever they go over their limit, their stamina will improve, at least that's how it worked in previous games.

You usually want to get the "visibly tiring note" it buffs their stamina gains quite a bit.

Is it just me or has the stamina been adjusted a bit from 16?

Just curious if others think it’s normal to have a wrestler with 90 stamina penalized in a 16 minute steal the show (despite no pop up warning me of her not having the stamina needed) just seems odd

I actually wish that match times were a lot more nebulous than they are, because one of the challenges of booking bad workers who don't know how to wrestle, is how to get home on a dime. On lower shows, going 5minutes long is no big deal. But going 5mins long on a 44min wrestling show. Is a nightmare. So, maybe you can't book them for longer than 5-10-15mins but they themselves will have a rest spot worked out and they go 7 because they have low experience. Something like that.

That's what the road agent note "Protect" is for. It let's wrestlers with poor stamina last a little longer before getting dinged. If you mix protect and slow build someone who couldn't wrestle a singles match longer than 15 minutes can go a bit longer.

All the booking methods of getting poor workers in longer matches that already are doable in the game:

Protect

Slow Build

Storytelling

multi-person matches (tag, triple threat, 4-way)