Can anyone explain the title "levels" to me?

Just curious about a couple things regarding title levels.

I'm guessing "primary" is like a main event level "World" or "Universal" title and "secondary" titles are like midcard titles, but what does "floating" and "tertiary" mean?

Tertiary are titles below the midcard titles, such as the European title in the Attitude Era, or the Cruiserweight title in the Ruthless Aggression Era. Titles that don't mean too much.

Floating titles are titles that could be any of the three levels. It's dynamic. It means that it's meant for anyone, basically.

Tertiary are titles below the midcard titles, such as the European title in the Attitude Era, or the Cruiserweight title in the Ruthless Aggression Era. Titles that don't mean too much.

Floating titles are titles that could be any of the three levels. It's dynamic. It means that it's meant for anyone, basically.

Great explanation! Thanks!

In-game, are there prestige caps to these levels?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But "Floating" titles even at 100 prestige are still floating and generally won't count for the HOI. Just like Alliance Titles. Right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A floating title with 70 or more prestige counts just like a primary title for the HOI.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>if secondary == midcard<p> then </p><p> tertiary == low card</p><p> </p><p> floating is just that; anyone can hold it and it won't be looked at as weird but they're limited in prestige</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just curious, what level do people set their tag team titles at? I have my main championship (primary) and then my TV championship (secondary, or tertiary if I make a US title). I just never know what to do with the tag team titles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hiberni" data-cite="Hiberni" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just curious, what level do people set their tag team titles at? I have my main championship (primary) and then my TV championship (secondary, or tertiary if I make a US title). I just never know what to do with the tag team titles.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always set Tag titles to Floating. That way I can always put them on a top guy that isn't doing anything, or if I want to elevate the belts. Kinda like AEW is doing with Kenny Omega. They don't want him eating loses and they don't want him to hang around the World title without getting a match, so he is tag champs with Page. That also benefits a guy like Page who needed some credibility coming off of a couple major losses.</p>

Just curious, what level do people set their tag team titles at? I have my main championship (primary) and then my TV championship (secondary, or tertiary if I make a US title). I just never know what to do with the tag team titles.

I like to set them as floating. I'm a big tag team guy. I have a ton of them, and I rarely break them up or have them do singles things. The tag division is generally booked as being just under the primary belt for me. Definitely higher than secondary. So I've got real stars with the belts, but sometimes I'll stick it on a lesser known team and it'll be a midcard act for a while while they establish their reign.

<p>I'd say most modern companies would have a "floating" tag team title. Right now WWE's tag team title scene is basically a prop to eat time but in the past they've used it as the focal point between two main eventers and it wouldn't be weird to see that again. </p><p> </p><p>

You could easily see say Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan running an angle where they're partners for awhile and dont get along, eventually start to respect each other, then something happens and they lose those titles to another midcard team no one really cares about then those two go on to have a big singles feud. This has happened in the past and will happen again and I think the floating title level is meant to represent situations like that.</p>

Just curious, what level do people set their tag team titles at? I have my main championship (primary) and then my TV championship (secondary, or tertiary if I make a US title). I just never know what to do with the tag team titles.

Mine go floating. It doesn't take long for someone Well Known to become a Star and outgrow a midcard title.

Depends on the Promotion and the Roster I'm booking. If I have big Roster (at least big enough to have interesting feuds for the secondary singles title so it doesn't look stale) and a strong Tag division, I like to set it to floating. If the Tag division isn't good enough or I just don't know what to do with them and don't have much of a plan (or if I just want to focus more on singles competition), I'll set it to secondary.

I love tag team wrestling and I love developing teams so I have a tag title at each level. World/Global is primary, US/All-Asian/Commonwealth/UK at secondary, with regional (SouthWest, Tri-State, etc) at tertiary. The only tag titles I float are the alliance titles because the AI doesn't know how to work with multiple tiers of tag titles.

Bascially depends on what kind of promotion you are running.

Most promotions today i would say floating or midcard but if you are like All Japan in the early 90s then the tag titles should almost be as important as the main title.

1. Midcard and tag title to floating. In the modern day, they're featured in the undercard and main event alike. I have a primary world title. As I was replied to above by Chuck, a Floating Title above 70 still counts for things like HoF/HoI.

2. Sometimes, I set a Primary HW/LW/Women's Championship, then Primary/LW/Women's floating tag championships - and lastly, one Men's and one Women's "openweight" secondary title and tag title.

3. If I have a trios, then Tag/Trios/Singles each have one floating title, with only one Primary Title.

4. If I have two brands:

A: If yes to weight split or women's division, I might give them their own brand which ensures having a Primary Title for each brand works. If there is weight split, my openweights are non-branded champions.

B: If no to the above idea - then each brand needs one Primary Title (One for hw/lw if applicable, one for women). Then I like to have Floating Titles, Non-Branded, for Tag/Trios, and Secondary for Non-Branded Midcard titles.

I might keep a Tertiary Title or two for a specific star - I have several guys who have their own such belt, who are in the midcard or lower range. I look forward to the day Atomic Smasher passes on his custom "Nuke The World" title to a jobber, he outgrew that belt I gave him. I just need a new guy with a wasteland style gimmick.

I also had a guy bring in a Million Dollar Championship low level to claim to be Rich Money's son. He defended occasionally as he worked through the low-midcard scene. When he started moving upward, I had a choice - make the belt grow with him, or move him forward from that belt. Now, I couldn't get Rich Money himself - so I hired a masked man wearing a Rich Money outfit - to rush the ring, chairshot, and take the belt. The next week, it was reported "Rich Money has reclaimed his prized possession from this thief, and illegitimate heir - and if this jabroni ever speaks the name again, there will be lawyers." - so, this guy's second heel turn was complete - exposed as a fraud and lost his belt. It will remain retired.

The reason not to use floating titles - are for moments where you want to have belts for a specific lane in your roster. I like to build all my storylines centered around one of my titles, and build feuds around the belts themselves. So when I want my midcard belt to remain in the hands of midcarders, I set secondary instead of floating because it keeps the lane strong.

I know we don't have to be as concerned about roster shape, but I still split my roster into 3 lanes - Main Event, Upper Midcard, Midcard. Everyone below Midcard is either a jobber or someone destined for midcard and will be presented and booked as midcard, even though they aren't. It will annoy fans. Its kinda like how UFC will bring out some 5-2 guy you never heard of and don't care about and the commentators pretend that he's a legend and the highlight packages struggle to make him look relevant, much less important. But - a few good wins, a good post-match speech... we've seen it work as much as we've seen "the hype train" annoy people. So, I like to have one "fun" tertiary title for everyone "below midcard" who's not yet in a lane, to have something that makes their matches on the b-show more compelling.

Are there prestige caps for each level?

What happens if I put a secondary title on a major star?

What happens if I put a primary title on a "well known" guy?

Will there be penalties or is it just not realistic?

I don’t believe there are any prestige caps anymore, since it’s not linked to promotion and is relative to the entire industry (so small companies no longer have a 70 prestige world title minimum).

There won’t be penalties for having someone hold a title beneath them, just the natural booking woes that come with it, like finding challengers that make sense. If you’re gonna permanently put a low card title on someone important, consider making it floating

Are there prestige caps for each level?

What happens if I put a secondary title on a major star?

What happens if I put a primary title on a "well known" guy?

Will there be penalties or is it just not realistic?

1. I am not sure. In TEW 2016, it had a cap of 70, even if the matches are rated 100 and the champ is The Rock. Not a bad strategy to "recover" the prestige of a sunken midcard title though.

2. You can have a Primary Title go down to 50 prestige, even 30 or 5. I believe there is no floor. Has anyone successfully got one to 0? New challenge - get a Primary Title to 0 Prestige, then back to 100. If you're a small company, and that's your best star and matches, the popularity of the belt will reflect that. So a small company can have a primary title without it being forced to have 70 prestige. I love this.

3. It's realistic. WCW put the belt on Jeff Jarrett and Booker T, two lifetime midcarders in WCW. WWF put their world title on Kofi and Alberto - neither who turned their title win into a major draw. CM Punk was a midcarder when he won the belt, but he rose to it. In TEW, a guy who gets a belt, can go on a hot streak and rise to the title before the title is "ruined".

But all it takes is one feud between The Rock and John Cena to get the title prestige back to 100.