PBS1.0 storylines/angles released

[QUOTE=panix04;139516]okey doke, sorry for not being the most dedicated to this mod at the moment. I really do want to blitz whats there soon and add a big load of new storys like i did when this was 1st released. I will get round to it before the end of the year but the temptation is to wait till 2007 comes out before atempting it, its hard to get motivated when i have such an enthusiastic team of 'writers' helping me out (im looking at you Seb, MJD and Cappy) whats the point of writing when there are people who seem so much better then me doing it![/QUOTE] Well I think I recall seeing Adam say something about it being far easier to convert data from 05 to 07 as opposed to 04 to 05. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll e-mail my stuff over to tonight... I've also listed everything done so you can post a proper "what's new" style info list for the next update. Might be worth posting a new thread for too :cool:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh, day off work ill equals one more storyline... [B]A New Threat Overcome (5W 3A 5M)[/B] A prototypical tag team feud where a new team appear on the scene and seem to have the number of the current champions until the champs finally turn things around when the gold is finally on the line.

Just sent my latest stuff in for the pack. Set of three storylines. THE DISAPPOINTING HERO (A two storyline arc) Based on the story of Rhoecus (either Greek or Roman. Not sure which). In the original story, the hero Rhoecus is wandering through the forest and saves a dryad(female tree spirit)'s life by propping up her tree. A short lived relationship ensues. Only to fall when the dryad sends a bee to Rhoecus as messenger to make a date and the clod injures it. The bee reports back and the furious dryad blinds her disappointing hero. Wrestlized, the story is essentially the same except the tree is now a stack of crates threatening to hit a diva. And the blinding becomes a slap to the face. Part 2 of the arc is more your traditional wrestling booking. It has the disappointing hero turning heel in reaction to Part 1 and taking his frustration out on both diva and messenger. Until the diva's new boyfriend is forced to come to her aid and put the disappointing hero in his place. The whole arc if run consecutively should take four months. WELL I NEVER Based on the Greek story of Arachne. In the original story, Arachne is a great mortal weaver whose work is deemed greater than that of the goddess Minerva. Minerva, as offended gods in mythology tended to do, then goes out of her way to humiliate Arachne. Eventually Minerva drives the girl to suicide. But later Minerva regrets her actions and turns Arachne into a spider to honor her skills as a weaver. Wrestlized, the storyline covers only the rivalry part of the story. Which is transformed into two divas, one veteran the other a rookie, trying to weave the seductive charms on the same man. This leads the veteran diva (in the Minerva role) to challengne her younger rival to a bikini contest. Then to a wrestling match when the bikini contest doesn't settle things. The storyline runs one month and ends with the match taking place on PPV. If wanted, I could probably do a second part to cover the humiliation and restoration of the young diva's honor. Although the way things stand now, the veteran diva could be placed as the face if desired. Which wouldn't be so much the case if the rest of the story were followed through.

Nice work cappy... it always impresses me how you convert mythology into wrestling-based storylines. Like in the disappointing hero, I read the original story and thought how the heck can that be pulled off for TEW. [QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;140913]uhm... i hate to sound noobish but how do i upload this? I just made my account and everything, how do I upload it.[/QUOTE] When Panix has compiled everything for this month, the new files will be uploaded somewhere (probably by noa and/or bobinc on his site) and a download link provided... then just click and save. Then all that's left do do is copy the new angle and storyline files into one of your data folders in TEW "data" directory and overwrite the older versions.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;140995]Nice work cappy... it always impresses me how you convert mythology into wrestling-based storylines. Like in the disappointing hero, I read the original story and thought how the heck can that be pulled off for TEW.[/QUOTE] Thanks man. I appreciate it. And you know your reaction to The Disappointing Hero doesn't surprise me. Modern people, especially modern Americans like myself, tend to be extremely literal. So the fantastic elements are seen and the real point tends to get lost. The classic myths were devised to explain life's imponderables. Why the sky is blue. The nature of courage. Why you couldn't trust the amoral little trollop. But in reality, that was probably the easiest translation I've done so far. The underlying relationship dynamics were really clear and simple once the symbols were modernized. That's why it ended up a two part arc. I had only just finished Part 1 when the mind started buzzing about how the diva/dryad's actions would be reacted to.

go for it, incidentally what kinda mod are you working on? EDIT: Im hoping to post the new version in the next hour and so far all iahve recieved is 1 story and about 30 angles from sebsplex 3 storys and a handfull of angles from cappy is there anymore due? If so get it across to me sharpish to avoid dis-appointment!

It's going to be based off of, Fall Of The One Ring Circus-FBL Edition but adding some new promotions to make the game play different so the promotions aren't so much the same, I working on the UK, right now and wanting to add about 3 to 4 promotions, because I want to at lease have a fed for each market by the time I'm completely finish, I hoping to have a beta out by the end of september

[QUOTE=panix04;142196]go for it, incidentally what kinda mod are you working on? EDIT: Im hoping to post the new version in the next hour and so far all iahve recieved is 1 story and about 30 angles from sebsplex 3 storys and a handfull of angles from cappy is there anymore due? If so get it across to me sharpish to avoid dis-appointment![/QUOTE] Didn't you get the e-mail from me a couple of days or so before the e-mail with 1 story and 30 angles attached? The first e-mail had attachments for 5 stories and over 100 angles. :confused:

Ok they're all re-sent. Let me know that you received them ok. Details of all the angles included are listed in this thread... [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17083[/url] The storylines are all listed a few pages back in this thread.

[QUOTE=XxFutureLegend112xX;115719]good work thnx...theres too many angles though....you need to sort through and delete some...alot of the angles are wordd different and mean the same thing no need for that as it just clutters things imo....[/QUOTE] not in reply to you, but that is one awesome pick, I want that for my character in my game if thats ok with you sir, PM if so please

Guys, many thanks for this, but I have one suggestion. Seeing how importing stuff into TEW right now is a bit awkward, it would be very nice if you could release two packs, an update and a full pack. The full pack would obviously come with all previous angles and storylines for those who download the pack the first time. The other should really be an update per version, so the 1.3 update only has whatever that is new and wasn't already in 1.2. Just an idea to make it easier to import the stuff into a running game.

since i couldnt find any info on which the 4 new storylines are and i had to go through all of them to find out i thought i could post the 4 new storylines here for anyone else who wants to know: [QUOTE]S2 Well I Never! (5W 7A 1M) S3 The Disappointing Hero (5W 8A 0M) S4 Title Feud Ver4 (4W 9A 4M) T4 A New Threat Overcome (5W 3A 5M)[/QUOTE]

Tony, your list is missing Part 2 of The Disappointing Hero. Well, unless I had a mental glitch and didn't include it in the zip file I sent Panix. Should be under the S4's as it added a new boyfriend to stick up for the diva in addition to the characters of Part 1.

Archived