Do you end Storylines or just change someone?

I put in my Protagonists and a few supporting roles. after the feud end ends I just end it. I read somewhere that people just swap out people but, I don't know how people get the momentum boost from them. What makes me think about this? well at the end of my 6 month feud both protagonists were rated great by the end but, at the end of my 3 month feud they were rated fairly good. I'm not sure if it affects the match or not but, if it does I'd like to fix it.

OK nice to know I'm not the only one.

Don't ever think you're the only one doing anything you do in this game. With the series having existed for 16 years now, it would be pretty hard to come up with something that was completely new to do.

As far as this particular question, it really seems like a matter of taste. When I'm playing, I prefer to work from pre-planned outlines. Easier to to pick up where I left off that way and to shift people around when needed. But that's just me being me and I'd imagine the split is a lot closer to 50/50 than you might think.

I could be completely wrong, but I was under the impression (with TEW2016) that if a story goes on too long, then it starts to tank as fans are waiting too long for a pay off. HOWEVER, I have also heard of people just swapping characters in and out and I like the idea that Woodsmeister imposes in that if a story blends into another one, keep it going. I tend to end stories though, and just immediate set up knew ones. It's a shame a worker can't be a major role in two at a time so you could set up a new story with him just before the old one finishes and end one story / start another in one angle or match.

For example. Randy Savage beats Ultimate Warrior to end a story but is then attacked by Ric Flair post match to start a new one.

I do both, depending on whether the story continues or ends.

As an example, Austin vs HBK in 98 would end at WM XIV when Austin wins the title.

The next storyline about Austin’s rein would probably transition through Dude Love (who would split off and start a storyline against the Undertaker for KOTR) and into Kane and then Undertaker. That would be one long storyline for me, probably ending when The Rock wins the title during the Deadly Games.

In 99 I’d probably transition the Austin vs Rock storyline into Austin vs Taker as part of the Corporate Ministry storyline. I’d probably remove the Rock from the storyline and put him in a new one with Triple H.

When running a company like WWE i often only have have like 6 or 7 storylines running and i'm guilty of always ending all my storylines at one time so i often just replace people and keep the story's running. I am actively trying to be more proactive in starting new storylines before i finish the old ones so i can end the ones and i won't feel like i'm cheating so much.

When running a company like WWE i often only have have like 6 or 7 storylines running and i'm guilty of always ending all my storylines at one time so i often just replace people and keep the story's running. I am actively trying to be more proactive in starting new storylines before i finish the old ones so i can end the ones and i won't feel like i'm cheating so much.

I don’t go out of my way to create storylines just to fill the mechanic, when I’m booking a show, if something feels like it’s a story, I add the storyline then and there. I can always quietly drop it or transition the guys into other storylines if it doesn’t make sense, there’s no penalty any more for doing so.

It’s also a great organisational tool as you can see the history of what happened so far in the story, so I’ll often have up to ten storylines happening simply because something happened on a B Show and I want to track where it goes.

I am actively trying to be more proactive in starting new storylines before i finish the old ones so i can end the ones and i won't feel like i'm cheating so much.

I am much better at spreading my story lines out now. When I create a story, I go straight to the pre-booking, pick a PPV in the future that I'd like to end the story (depending on how long I want it to run, two months? 3? 6?) and pre-book the story ending match. I make sure they don't all end at the same PPV, unless I have a big blow off show, a season finale, but even then, I don't like them ALL to end at that show.

I do both, depending on whether the story continues or ends.

As an example, Austin vs HBK in 98 would end at WM XIV when Austin wins the title.

The next storyline about Austin’s rein would probably transition through Dude Love (who would split off and start a storyline against the Undertaker for KOTR) and into Kane and then Undertaker. That would be one long storyline for me, probably ending when The Rock wins the title during the Deadly Games.

In 99 I’d probably transition the Austin vs Rock storyline into Austin vs Taker as part of the Corporate Ministry storyline. I’d probably remove the Rock from the storyline and put him in a new one with Triple H.

This is pretty much what I do. I spend a few months on a series of storylines, and sometimes I'll weave them in together. Such as making the technicos and rudos team up, or forcing the characters in the feud to team up, and maybe have one cause a miscommunication, or have him abandon his teammate, or help him get the loss by turning on him. I run my storylines pretty aggressively, but they never run longer than a few months.

What I usually do is have my title storylines be the same throughout my entire save and just swap people in and out when it applies. For other stories though I just end it and then start another with them

This is what I was thinking about. does it give people the Momentum when you remove someone from it?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chm39" data-cite="chm39" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51810" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is what I was thinking about. does it give people the Momentum when you remove someone from it?</div></blockquote><p> No, not any more. Adding and removing people from storylines gives no boost/penalty anymore. It was removed in either TEW2016 or 2013.</p><p> </p><p> The only advantage to not chopping and changing people too much is that they need to be in a storyline for a set number of segments before they start to get the gains from it.</p>

I generally end them and move on to the next one. Often times one feud is going to set up a situation in which a new feud is going to begin. For example I had John Cena feud with Christian Cage and in one match Edge cost Cena the match and then in the next one Batista debuted by costing Christian the final match of the series. I transitioned to Cena vs Edge and Batista vs Christian. That will all transition into Cena and Batista vs Edge and Christian but I'll start new feuds each time. That whole process is going to end up using those four workers for about a year. I knew I was going to be able to steal Edge and Batista away from the WWE though I probably would have just added them to the Cena vs Christian feud and kept it all going. Even then I wasn't fully sure what I was going to do with either one when I first signed them.

However sometimes I put a handful of workers into a feud even if all of them aren't the main focus at the moment. For example right now I only have four tag teams in my company. They are all in a feud. America's Most Wanted are in a feud over the tag titles with Mark Jindrak and Rene Dupre because they won a triple threat match against L.A.X. and London and Kendrick. Once that part of the feud is resolved the champions will move onto the next team. In the mean time L.A.X. and London and Kendrick are doing their own thing until it's their turn. I'll keep it that way until the end of the year because with how I book it will take me to the end of the year and it leaves a ton of options open. It also gives me a chance to build up some of the teams that are in development right now.

In TEW 16 that's how I would book tournaments. Everyone involved would get promo time and have their matches. Obviously this year I don't have to do that but with how I ran tournaments in that game I knew I would be setting people aside for an extended period of time.

are there any advantages to ending them? I thought there weren't in 2020

I rotate in and out of storylines and change them as i need to

Not really, just as long as they don't go for too long and get penalised.

From a purely mechanical perspective, it makes sense to keep guys in storylines (like a champion being in his own storyline against multiple different opponents) as workers need a set amount of segments before they get bonuses.

Not really, just as long as they don't go for too long and get penalised.

From a purely mechanical perspective, it makes sense to keep guys in storylines (like a champion being in his own storyline against multiple different opponents) as workers need a set amount of segments before they get bonuses.

How long before they get penalties. I was thinking of having my Champs in feuds that lasted their entire reign with alot of supporting guys except the one who will eventually take it.

How long before they get penalties. I was thinking of having my Champs in feuds that lasted their entire reign with alot of supporting guys except the one who will eventually take it.

I think it largely depends on the feud, but most storylines appear to be able to go at least a couple of months before they get "stale" and need to be swapped out.

You'll get a warning either way.

Sometimes I'll swap guys around as Major/Minor if I need them to have a "side feud" as part of a longer-scale storyline. So have their manager take over as the "major" guy in their main feud for a month while they run off and have a 3-match set with somebody else, and then bring them back in as the major guy to their main feud when that's done.

Sometimes I'll swap guys around as Major/Minor if I need them to have a "side feud" as part of a longer-scale storyline. So have their manager take over as the "major" guy in their main feud for a month while they run off and have a 3-match set with somebody else, and then bring them back in as the major guy to their main feud when that's done.

That’s clever

I’ve done something similar in my 97 save. I’ve reformed the Hart Foundation (just Owen, Davey and Jim at this point) and there was a “Hart Foundation” storyline that revolves around the Tag Titles and how dominant Owen and Bulldog were (really poor tag division in 97), so it just had Owen and Davey in the storyline (not connected, so whenever they both appeared the Storyline advanced).

Anyway, fast forward a few months and Bulldog wins the European title. So I swap him out of the Hart Foundation storyline and into a “European title” storyline with Ken Shamrock. Jim then goes into the Hart Foundation storyline (as he usually interferes or is “At Ringside” in their tag matches anyway), and Davey goes back in as Support