Alternative CornellVerse 2018 Mod (FULL RELEASE!)

Progress was delayed slightly as I was on holiday, but I can confirm now that Britain has been completed.

Europe has three less companies and 182 less workers at the moment, so should be done quicker.

However, main reason for posting is because I just noticed the number of downloads has gone over 800 (841 to be accurate)

I'm guessing those numbers are nothing compared to the real world mods, but I still want to say thank you to everyone who has downloaded and played this mod

Im loving this mod. 7 years into a Womens wrestling company based in britain, having a lot of fun. Thanks for all the hard work looking forward to the 2022 version.

That's awesome, how is the women's scene shaping up in Britain? I tried to give it some potential so I would love to know how it looks seven years in

And thank you for the kind words :)

Progress was delayed slightly as I was on holiday, but I can confirm now that Britain has been completed.

Europe has three less companies and 182 less workers at the moment, so should be done quicker.

However, main reason for posting is because I just noticed the number of downloads has gone over 800 (841 to be accurate)

I'm guessing those numbers are nothing compared to the real world mods, but I still want to say thank you to everyone who has downloaded and played this mod

You can add, at least, one more download to those numbers ;)

Can't wait to dig in!

The 2022 version will be a update of default CVerse 2020 or a update of your 2018 version?

I'm happy that you're working in the new mod.

Your mods are amazing!

Thank you!

It'll be a continuation of my mod but I do use some things that happened in the default 2020 too. The new workers, things like LiberTeen in RAW, some signings are the same but more things like small company's picking up the same rookies, rather than USPW or SWF signing the same guys

People on discord already know this, but I had big laptop issues yesterday and I thought there was a chance the laptop would be dead and I would lose a lot of things from the hard drive, including notes about the mod and the 1000+ free workers pics I've been collecting.

However, it turned out something had just come lose inside it, and everything was fine! I don't know if that is why, but suddenly I seem to be getting through this in record time. Some people know, but I have an illness that makes concentration very difficult so I can't always work on this for too long without needing a break.

However, I have completed both UEW and VWA in less than 24hours since the laptop issue. I don't think I had completed one company in 24 hours before lol

Makes me wonder how quickly I'd get this mod out if I was healthy, but ah well

So, quick update on Europe: SPW, EWA, UEW and VWA completed. In just a week, I'm happy with that lol

European ZEN next, then there are two women's promotions. I am then going to work on the German company, but after looking at Europe I feel I am going to have to add an Italian company as well. I'm drawing a blank on what I could call it so feel free to comment or message me on ideas!

You could do a promotion inspired by real life Italian promotion Nu-Wrestling Evolution/New Wrestling Entertainment.

Originally, it was a low level indie, but Rikishi joined and used his real life connections to bring over North American stars.

You could use one of the various Samoans as the Cverse equivalent to Kishi and use older and younger sports entertainment type wrestlers from North America.

I'm not super well versed in the European/UK Cverse scene so this could be something already done, but just an idea.

You could do a promotion inspired by real life Italian promotion Nu-Wrestling Evolution/New Wrestling Entertainment.

Originally, it was a low level indie, but Rikishi joined and used his real life connections to bring over North American stars.

You could use one of the various Samoans as the Cverse equivalent to Kishi and use older and younger sports entertainment type wrestlers from North America.

I'm not super well versed in the European/UK Cverse scene so this could be something already done, but just an idea.

Ah yeah I remember that! Didn't someone quite big hold their title too, Scott Steiner? Weird times

I actually really like that idea, but I used up all my Samoans in Hawaii getting that scene up and running lol.

I have an idea already for the Italian company, but *IF* I do a 2026 mod I had already thought about similar situations, big stars from one country moving to another and what not. So it's one of those plans that'll be in the back of my mind!

Edit - I looked them up, I was right about Scott Steiner working for them, but it was Ultimate Warrior I was thinking of who won the title! From Orlando Jordan - that's a main event in any promotion in the world right there

Edit - I looked them up, I was right about Scott Steiner working for them, but it was Ultimate Warrior I was thinking of who won the title! From Orlando Jordan - that's a main event in any promotion in the world right there

Thing about this is that he literally only held the belt for that one night before retiring again.

But yeah, I agree with Jaysin, even though Thunderverse already had something like it, I think you could definitely go with that sort of thing.

Thing about this is that he literally only held the belt for that one night before retiring again.

But yeah, I agree with Jaysin, even though Thunderverse already had something like it, I think you could definitely go with that sort of thing.

The Italian promotion could be a women's promotion to make it different. Have some former USPW, Five Star, and AAA workers from North America and Japan along with some younger Italian ladies.

Yeah that whole thing is even weirder to look back on now, I wonder if there is any footage of that Orlando Jordan v Ultimate Warrior match? I'd assume was 30 second, press slam then splash type situation

Europe in the mod does have similar situations to what you mentioned, there are two company's, including the Italian one, that use workers from other regions, some huge names now in Europe, and some not so big but certainly recognisable names too.

There is also a second women's promotion, although atm the two are still insignificant/tiny and concentrating on building up the Euro women's wrestling scene. There is also now a women's only dojo and quite a few aging women's wrestlers, so if you keep regens on in the options you will see a few women coming through in the first few years so that should help develop a scene there, and maybe it will grow, who knows.

A lot of this 2022 version of the mod is about the potential of establishing change in certain regions, but at the same time it's left open enough that those places could sink or swim. I think it's quite interesting to take over a women's promotion in Europe that is tiny and doesn't have a great talent pool and trying to improve things over time, including the regens and dojo graduates that could be great, could be terrible. Trying to convince women from other regions to become available for you etc.

I know you weren't suggesting I just randomly create a big women's company with amazing talent lol but I just thought I'd give some insight into my thinking for the mod

That said, Europe imo is looking like a real region now, with nine active promotions and a few of them having a genuine chance of big growth, Europe and Britain are definitely a more active part of CVerse now (With Britain now having 11 active promotions too)

I might well have to do some Europe and Britain, the latter living here and having kept an eye on the indies before nxt came along, Europe for some of the characters in the mod, i would certainly have a promotion revolve around the Weird Sisters for example. In any case it all sounds great, can’t wait to get going on it.

If you’re trying to fill a hole and already have the women’s fed scene maybe go with a roster with both genders integrated? I know some the indy types worked intergender.

Yeah that whole thing is even weirder to look back on now, I wonder if there is any footage of that Orlando Jordan v Ultimate Warrior match? I'd assume was 30 second, press slam then splash type situation

Europe in the mod does have similar situations to what you mentioned, there are two company's, including the Italian one, that use workers from other regions, some huge names now in Europe, and some not so big but certainly recognisable names too.

There is also a second women's promotion, although atm the two are still insignificant/tiny and concentrating on building up the Euro women's wrestling scene. There is also now a women's only dojo and quite a few aging women's wrestlers, so if you keep regens on in the options you will see a few women coming through in the first few years so that should help develop a scene there, and maybe it will grow, who knows.

A lot of this 2022 version of the mod is about the potential of establishing change in certain regions, but at the same time it's left open enough that those places could sink or swim. I think it's quite interesting to take over a women's promotion in Europe that is tiny and doesn't have a great talent pool and trying to improve things over time, including the regens and dojo graduates that could be great, could be terrible. Trying to convince women from other regions to become available for you etc.

I know you weren't suggesting I just randomly create a big women's company with amazing talent lol but I just thought I'd give some insight into my thinking for the mod

That said, Europe imo is looking like a real region now, with nine active promotions and a few of them having a genuine chance of big growth, Europe and Britain are definitely a more active part of CVerse now (With Britain now having 11 active promotions too)

Hello mate! I loved the 2018 mod, one of the best ones out there, if not the best. Any idea when the 2023 update will be out?

I might well have to do some Europe and Britain, the latter living here and having kept an eye on the indies before nxt came along, Europe for some of the characters in the mod, i would certainly have a promotion revolve around the Weird Sisters for example. In any case it all sounds great, can’t wait to get going on it.

If you’re trying to fill a hole and already have the women’s fed scene maybe go with a roster with both genders integrated? I know some the indy types worked intergender.

There is one new integrated promotion in Britain, although I don't think I see any of the other companies going that way. When I play as SNP I make them integrated, but that's because I can keep the women away from the big heavyweight psychopath type guys, and just have them fighting the smaller comedy wrestlers. I don't think it would look right seeing the AI book a skinny very small stripper to beat a 350lbs hardcore brawler lol

Obviously there are the ZEN spin-offs in both Europe and Britain too actually, so I guess that is three integrated, 2 women's division and three women's promotions. That's not too bad really, eight companies with women wrestling in two regions that have a combined 11 female wrestlers in the default data lol

Also you are right about the Weird Sisters, Willr0ck struck gold with them (and if someone helped create them then they did too)

Hello mate! I loved the 2018 mod, one of the best ones out there, if not the best. Any idea when the 2023 update will be out?

Thank you! I always appreciate the kind words!! Although mine will be 2022, 2023 is Historian, CreeperGav and I believe a few others

I am just finishing off the Russian company I have created with a history dating back to 1979, then it will be the unemployed European wrestlers.

After that there is just Oceania to go. As it stands I am only planning to add one company to that region, although that may change as I get into it, so I don't see it taking too long. I am hoping for an August release

Oh - and spoiler alert, forum fan favourite BoxOfWhispers may just be helping (and by 'helping' I mean 100% doing it for me lol) with that new Aussie promotion!

There is one new integrated promotion in Britain, although I don't think I see any of the other companies going that way. When I play as SNP I make them integrated, but that's because I can keep the women away from the big heavyweight psychopath type guys, and just have them fighting the smaller comedy wrestlers. I don't think it would look right seeing the AI book a skinny very small stripper to beat a 350lbs hardcore brawler lol

Obviously there are the ZEN spin-offs in both Europe and Britain too actually, so I guess that is three integrated, 2 women's division and three women's promotions. That's not too bad really, eight companies with women wrestling in two regions that have a combined 11 female wrestlers in the default data lol

Also you are right about the Weird Sisters, Willr0ck struck gold with them (and if someone helped create them then they did too)

Thank you! I always appreciate the kind words!! Although mine will be 2022, 2023 is Historian, CreeperGav and I believe a few others

I am just finishing off the Russian company I have created with a history dating back to 1979, then it will be the unemployed European wrestlers.

After that there is just Oceania to go. As it stands I am only planning to add one company to that region, although that may change as I get into it, so I don't see it taking too long. I am hoping for an August release

Oh - and spoiler alert, forum fan favourite BoxOfWhispers may just be helping (and by 'helping' I mean 100% doing it for me lol) with that new Aussie promotion!

Yeah integrating the rosters very much depends on the people involved. It can be done with a size disparity, Keith Lee and Kimber Lee have a match on YouTube that worked because Keith was very giving in what offence Kimber got in, Candace Larae i believe it was is also well known for it though other than Impact (and who knows how much further they might have gone if Tessa hadn’t been, well, Tessa) that’s all very much in the indy scene.

Yeah, wow, you and others have really made a scene out of nothing in those regions between you.

In any case it all sounds amazing and i am looking forward to August or whenever else it is, I’ve been quiet here a while but when i look in it’s generally for this and a couple other things.

Yeah integrating the rosters very much depends on the people involved. It can be done with a size disparity, Keith Lee and Kimber Lee have a match on YouTube that worked because Keith was very giving in what offence Kimber got in, Candace Larae i believe it was is also well known for it though other than Impact (and who knows how much further they might have gone if Tessa hadn’t been, well, Tessa) that’s all very much in there indy scene.

Yeah, wow, you and others have really made a scene out of nothing in those regions between you.

In any case it all sounds amazing and i am looking forward to August or whenever else it is, I’ve been quiet here a while but when i look in it’s generally for this and a couple other things.

Yeah Candace is the queen of intergender matches!

Glad you keep popping back, here's hoping things stay on track, although Covid has hit my household for the first time, so fingers crossed it stays away from me lol

@Lavelluk, what is supposed to be the bio for Mateo Reyes, because in my 2018 file, it's just the old bio for Buff Martinez.

That's weird, has his bio on mine. Maybe I fixed it at some point and forgot

Mateo Reyes is a tough fist-fighter from the mean streets of Torrevieja, Spain. Known as the crime capital of the country, Reyes was dragged into all kinds of trouble as a youngster, and while he never served any prison time he did spend more than one night stuck in a holding cell. At the age of 19 he tried his luck at cage fighting, but he discovered it wasn't for him when he kept getting knocked out, although it took him longer to come to that realisation than it should. To this day he still feels the effects of the concussions he suffered. It was eventually suggested to him that he turn his attention to more scripted competition, and that is when he began training to become a professional wrestler. He has a decent look and plays the street fighter role quite well, so he could make his way onto a name promotions roster at some point.

Thanks man, hoping it'll be worth the wait, CVerse23 guys putting me to shame with the speed their getting through it lol

You’re one person, doing a tremendous job. I’ve pumped hundreds of hours into the 2018 mod. Take your time, I’m sure it’ll be excellent!

Thanks man, hoping it'll be worth the wait, CVerse23 guys putting me to shame with the speed their getting through it lol

I am really looking forward to this!! We have a group, you are doing this solo dolo AFAIK :D I can't imagine lol.

I'm a big fan of CV18 and I'm sure I will feel the same for CV22!