[RELEASE] May 2001: WCW Good night and Goodbye???

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="johnal881" data-cite="johnal881" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52215" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New release this weekend. Fixed many things. Would be an alternatative May 2001 universe. Where ECW and WCW got NEW owners and still running around beside and against WWF .<p> </p><p> Also a Beta release of REAL WORLD May 2001 .With Invasion angle.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks Johnal for all your hard work I know you didn't have to add anything but it will be interesting to see what you decided in the end</p><p> </p><p> Plus a Beta RW May 2001 can not wait</p>

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tile history of Rey Misterio is incomplete. It only shows up his reign in 2001 with B.Kidman.

By 2001 he had won:

26.03.2001 - 26.03.2001 WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion (with Billy Kidman)

14.08.2000 - 18.09.2000 WCW World Tag Team Champion (3x) (with Juventud Guerrera)

18.10.1999 - 24.10.1999 WCW World Tag Team Champion (2x) (with Konnan)

26.04.1999 - 19.08.1999 WCW World Cruiserweight Champion (6x)

29.03.1999 - 09.05.1999 WCW World Tag Team Champion

15.03.1999 - 19.04.1999 WCW World Cruiserweight Champion (5x)

12.07.1998 - 13.07.1998 WCW World Cruiserweight Champion (4x)

15.01.1998 - 24.01.1998 WCW World Cruiserweight Champion (3x)

26.10.1997 - 10.11.1997 WCW World Cruiserweight Champion (2x)

20.07.1996 - 21.02.1997 WWA World Welterweight Champion (3x)

16.06.1995 - xx.xx.1996 WWA World Lightweight Champion (3x)

08.07.1996 - 27.10.1996 WCW World Cruiserweight Champion

29.09.1995 - 28.04.1996 WWA World Welterweight Champion (2x)

22.09.1995 - 28.09.1995 WWA World Welterweight Champion

15.04.1995 - 06.07.1995 Mexican National Trios Champion (with Octagon and Super Muneco)

30.11.1994 - 02.03.1995 WWA World Lightweight Champion (2x)

xx.xx.1995 - 02.03.1995 WWA World Tag Team Champion

xx.xx.1993 - 15.10.1993 WWA World Lightweight Champion

28.10.1992 - 26.02.1993 Mexican National Welterweight Champion

I mean is that even possible?

You're talking about THE WHOLE F'N SHOW. MISTER MONDAY NIGHT

Not sure how he can be TOO over.

Hahaha. Yes, I modify RVD to be something like a "savior" for WCW, according to rumors, (according to WCW wrestlers at that time) Rob Van Dam, Steve Corino and Sable (plus Johnny B. Badd) were very soon tu debut on WCW by April.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ChairToFace" data-cite="ChairToFace" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52215" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is nice, but when I saw the name I thought it'd be the typical 2001 mod. Do you plan on adding a version of the mod which is just real life? Not that this mod is bad, because it's pretty good, but it's always nice to have options.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is what you are looking for:</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550330" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550330</a></p>

Yes it is realistic! But is possible save WCW a trick is the Backstage . However you can edit WCW attributes.

I've tried several times playing as Bischoff but it seems to go under after the first month (financial loss). Maybe playing as owner would do the trick, but its damn near impossible to make money with those conditions in the first month.

I've tried several times playing as Bischoff but it seems to go under after the first month (financial loss). Maybe playing as owner would do the trick, but its damn near impossible to make money with those conditions in the first month.

I just tried as owner, put on some good shows, got more tv deals and wasn't doing too badly - but still went out of business after the first month.

I just tried as owner, put on some good shows, got more tv deals and wasn't doing too badly - but still went out of business after the first month.

I know its hard I tried 3 times and fail, but at fourrh a clean the roster and backstage so bye Nash, Goldberg ,Steiner, Jarrett, Luger, even Booker T quit.and some other dead weights. Welcome RVD, Corino, CM Punk,. Push to Lance Storm, Sean O Haire, Rey Misterio, Mike Awesome is my champion. I lost money almost a year but survived , I am in September 2002. But I still keep Flair, DDP, and Sting. Are WCW ICONS. I am doing good now. .... however I will do some test and fix the wcw product to make it more viable.

I know its hard I tried 3 times and fail, but at fourrh a clean the roster and backstage so bye Nash, Goldberg ,Steiner, Jarrett, Luger, even Booker T quit.and some other dead weights. Welcome RVD, Corino, CM Punk,. Push to Lance Storm, Sean O Haire, Rey Misterio, Mike Awesome is my champion. I lost money almost a year but survived , I am in September 2002. But I still keep Flair, DDP, and Sting. Are WCW ICONS. I am doing good now. .... however I will do some test and fix the wcw product to make it more viable.

I'll give that a shot and see if cleaning up the backstage does the trick for me. Outside of WCW shutting down, the mod has been great so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this mod so far - WCW getting picked up and surviving at the end is such an interesting topic to me, made more so by reading about it in the Nitro book and hearing Bischoff talk about it on his podcast.

I am seeing a few workers in WCW who seem like their pop is a little off - either too high or too low, based on the Perception they're getting tagged at in-game. Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here - I'm a little out of loop on late-stage WCW, and I'm slowly catching up (by watching everything WCW on the Network from the start of Nitro to the end; I'm just getting to the start of the nWo, just watched Great American Bash 96).

Mark Jindrak - pegged as a Major Star (pop 64 in USA)

- puts him over Jarrett and almost equal to Booker T and DDP, which can't be right. Can it?

Johnny the Bull - pegged as a Star (pop 63 in USA)

- definitely feels too high; I remember him in WCW but he was a midcard guy at best. This puts him over Rick Steiner, Sid Vicious, Luger, Bagwell...

Kanyon - pegged as Well Known (pop 43 in USA)

- feels too low, to me at least. I know he had a feud with DDP in 2000 (did it spill into 2001?) and was definitely getting a decent push all the way through the end.

Johnny Swinger - pegged as Well Known (pop 35 in USA)

- feels too high, again; I think he was a lower midcard guy at best

Hugh Morrus - pegged as Recognisable (pop 36 in USA)

- I think he'd be a little higher than this; he carried the US title for awhile and seemed like they were trying to get him over

Alex Wright - pegged as Unimportant (pop 28 in USA)

- this one I'm not too sure on; I know he got a decent push when he showed up, had his stint with Disco where they were SUPER over in WCW, but then the Berlyn debacle happened. But I'm not sure what he did in the last year or so of WCW, so maybe I'm just thinking based on him in 95-97

Just throwing my thoughts out there - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said, I'm a little rusty on late-stage WCW and not super up on storylines and pushes outside of the very top guys.

This is probably more realistic than WCW having issues but I'm having this problem with ECW lol. I'm only running monthly shows and I'm currently $500k in the red. I'm scared to even try WCW with all their big money contracts lol.

• 2 weeks later...

New version 1.1. released and new links. (also updated on the first post)

Pics

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bdrdjj55km3zl3f/2001.zip/file

Goodnight

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7szmilwlb11vv7l/Goodnight.zip/file

Fixed:

- The Stickers Picture Pack is now used for the mod (some pics are lost, but would be added soon).

- Added gimmicks:

Ivory, Jacqueline, Kane, Spike Dudley, Haku, Paul Heyman.

- Fixed roles to various WWE wrestlers.

- Aggregator of Royal Rumble winners between 1997 and 2001.

- Improved WCW popularity and budget, to make their existence more viable.

- Fixed Title History of Rey Mysterio Jr.

- Fixed attributes in dozens of workers (in WCW and WWE)

- Added initial narratives.

- Fixed Invasion and Big Bang PPVs.

- Broadcasters aggregates

- Added Intros.

- Many more small fixes.

• 4 weeks later...

New Update and links: (Updated the top page too)

Hellooo!

This is the very last update (1.2.) of this MOD, I fix many issues about WCW in order to make it a viable company, also attributes of many wrestlers, venues, and I am using a nGo style picture pack, cuts made by me using Fleisch's 2002 Pic Pack as a base, this is because the Stickers Pack is good of course, but in the conversion I got many lost pictures, and I will need many many hours for the cuts. If somebody wants to convert to .gif (stickers) this mod is FREEWARE, you are set to do it.

This MOD has been created as an alternative world, where WCW and ECW never closed and managed to overcome their economic difficulties. There is not much fantasy and rather what was very likely would have happened, I have investigated a little about what was the situation of WCW and ECW at the time they closed and I could assume that reality would have been something like this.

WCW:

Eric Bischoff managed to close the deal with Fusient Media Ventures in March 2001. Brian Bedol, founder of Fusient is the new owner of WCW, Bischoff returns to his role as President of WCW and in charge of the booking. Time Warner canceled Nitro, but Bischof was able to close his contract with FX (the true story according to Bischoff is that FX was interested in Nitro, but Bischoff offered them Thunder, FX did not want and the deal ended). the Big Bang live event.

ECW:

He would celebrate his last event in January, after that Paul Heyman, would seek TV contracts for ECW, leaving Tommy Dreamer in charge of the business, however a couple of months later, Heyman accepted an offer from Vince McMahon to join WWF as color commentor, Heyman still owner of ECW, believes that his future will be better in WWF, and decides to sell to ECW. (ECW has no owner yet, and no TV Deal)

The Rosters are the ones that WCW and ECW had at the time of their last shows respectively, removing those fighters who signed new contracts with other companies until before May 2001. The titles, teams and stables are again active.

COMPANIES: 90 (51 active)

WORKERS: 3228 (2327 already debuted)

STABLES: 64

TAG TEAMS: 261

BROADCASTERs: 262

I used Fleisch's 2002 DB as a base, IS NOT A GENADI'S 2016 conversion. More credits inside the file.

Thanks and see you soon.

NEW VERSION 1.2. UPDATED FEB.18

DATABASE: Version 1.2 Johnal881

http://www.mediafire.com/file/osiaqwpx1du0yb9/Goodnight.zip/file

GRAPHICS: 2001 Pic Pack

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ept4csxbwrd7s9/2001.zip/file

SKINS: WCW and Attitude By Steesh07

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7sfgumfi64mkqbp/Skins.zip/file

New Update and links: (Updated the top page too)

Hellooo!

This is the very last update (1.2.) of this MOD, I fix many issues about WCW in order to make it a viable company, also attributes of many wrestlers, venues, and I am using a nGo style picture pack, cuts made by me using Fleisch's 2002 Pic Pack as a base, this is because the Stickers Pack is good of course, but in the conversion I got many lost pictures, and I will need many many hours for the cuts. If somebody wants to convert to .gif (stickers) this mod is FREEWARE, you are set to do it.

This MOD has been created as an alternative world, where WCW and ECW never closed and managed to overcome their economic difficulties. There is not much fantasy and rather what was very likely would have happened, I have investigated a little about what was the situation of WCW and ECW at the time they closed and I could assume that reality would have been something like this.

EDIT: Also found Little Guido and James Maritato

WCW:

Eric Bischoff managed to close the deal with Fusient Media Ventures in March 2001. Brian Bedol, founder of Fusient is the new owner of WCW, Bischoff returns to his role as President of WCW and in charge of the booking. Time Warner canceled Nitro, but Bischof was able to close his contract with FX (the true story according to Bischoff is that FX was interested in Nitro, but Bischoff offered them Thunder, FX did not want and the deal ended). the Big Bang live event.

ECW:

He would celebrate his last event in January, after that Paul Heyman, would seek TV contracts for ECW, leaving Tommy Dreamer in charge of the business, however a couple of months later, Heyman accepted an offer from Vince McMahon to join WWF as color commentor, Heyman still owner of ECW, believes that his future will be better in WWF, and decides to sell to ECW. (ECW has no owner yet, and no TV Deal)

The Rosters are the ones that WCW and ECW had at the time of their last shows respectively, removing those fighters who signed new contracts with other companies until before May 2001. The titles, teams and stables are again active.

COMPANIES: 90 (51 active)

WORKERS: 3228 (2327 already debuted)

STABLES: 64

TAG TEAMS: 261

BROADCASTERs: 262

I used Fleisch's 2002 DB as a base, IS NOT A GENADI'S 2016 conversion. More credits inside the file.

Thanks and see you soon.

NEW VERSION 1.2. UPDATED FEB.18

DATABASE: Version 1.2 Johnal881

http://www.mediafire.com/file/osiaqwpx1du0yb9/Goodnight.zip/file

GRAPHICS: 2001 Pic Pack

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ept4csxbwrd7s9/2001.zip/file

SKINS: WCW and Attitude By Steesh07

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7sfgumfi64mkqbp/Skins.zip/file

There are a TON of duplicate workers. There's 2 Cold Scorpio, and then he's also in as Scorpio. There's Jushin Liger and there is Jushin "Thunder" Liger. I know u said its the last ver, but please do something about this man