Odd tag teams you've formed

Does anyone else have any go to tag teams they like to create that would seem bizarre to anyone else?

I'm a CVerse player so mine below are fro there, but this is open to whatever people play.

In '16 I loved teaming Colin Picalo and Cain Carlile together, (with Marbella managing them) as an odd couple style team, Picalo the tightly wound punk contradicted by fun loving, sci-fi geek Carlile. Gave them the name Alternative Coding and they were the ultimate underdog come success story tag for my wee British indy fed. Haven't played a UK save in 2020 yet but will do at some point.

In 2020 I've been pairing up Austin Smooth with Prime Time Jack Pryde with the audacious moniker The Greatest Team To Ever Live. Probably not too bizarre a duo given their similar gimmicks.

Finally in my old TCW save I had Frankie Perez as Kill Switch paired with Magnum Kobe, can't remember the name now but also featured Joshua Taylor as a tag-along.

So yeah, what wacky tags have people ended up with in their time?

I've just started my "Shoot Nation" faction in my 2004 save. Shelton Benjamin (Leader) just recruited Jamie Noble as the first member of the stable

So I checked this forum before work this morning, and honestly this hasn't left my mind all day. Probably a perfect real life example of exactly what I meant. Oh to see it for real! Was this around the time of Shelton's Momma gimmick too? Although I'm guessing you've not headed down that road with a 'shoot nation' stable!

Not "odd" but I always team up FroSure and Frogue Element. Call 'em FroBros.

That's a lot of hair! Don't know why but the name made me think of a pair of dudes who love frozen yoghurt, before the afro connection came in to mind.

In the CVerse, The renders I use for Delerium and Deathwish are pretty much the same render (Not sure if it's default since I switch a lot of them out,) so most games I put them together as a jobber tag team called Separated at Birth.

I recently accidentally deleted all my renders I'd collected up, so currently on default pics and I can see the resemblance there!

So I checked this forum before work this morning, and honestly this hasn't left my mind all day. Probably a perfect real life example of exactly what I meant. Oh to see it for real! Was this around the time of Shelton's Momma gimmick too? Although I'm guessing you've not headed down that road with a 'shoot nation' stable!

This was long before that^^

I'm still in 2004 and just - relucantly - split his team with Charlie Haas up. I believe his Momma only showed up in 2005 and yeah...Definitely not going to go that route. I plan on doing the stable Chad Gable led on NXT house shows. Will pretty much use it to debut Olympic style and Amateur wrestlers to the roster.

In my first TCW save I teamed Yuri Yoshihara and Oscar Ozymandias together since they had excellent chemistry. Oscar is in my boy stable because the idea of a journeyman wrestler with over 50 ring names is funny to me. He was supposed to be a conspiracy theorist like Alex Jones named Austin Texas but he morphed into a Johnny Swinger parody of 80's wrestling and was Troy Tornado's cousin. Yuri was a fan of Painful Procedure's fictitious albums and was living the life of a guy who was working for his hero and slowly realizing Troy was a delusional fading rockstar. Honestly, my favorite storyline I've done in this game.

In my less dense "Real TCW" game I paired Jeremie Courtney and Marc Speed together since I wanted to actually use Courtney in this game. He's a rich asshole who is using his money to build a faction like Team Taz.

I paired Mainstream Hernandez and Robbie Wright, and I play them as a sort of fast-talking duo like Jules and Vincent from Pulp Fiction, ‘cause they both have great charisma skills. I used to use Retro as a color guy to build his pop, so when he and Hernandez were doing segments together, I liked to imagine him taking one of the table mics, narrating into it as Hernandez is fighting, and then grabbing the opponent as he’s thrown out of the ring and asking him a couple quick questions before throwing him back in.

edit: whoops. I said Robbie Retro before. Robbie Wright is who I meant.

Edd Stone has wound up being half of most of my strange tag teams... Edd Stone & Benny Benson, Edd Stone and Matt Keith, Edd Stone & Killer Shark.

Playing as a developmental promotion for TCW, I ended up with Fro Sure and Penfold Perdition as my Texas Tag Team Champions; Good Vibes. A skinny hip hop star and a 410lb Hawaiian becoming unlikely best friends surrounded by cowboys and maniacs and an evil cult of monsters.

Road Dogg and Hayabusa

Papa Shango and Mortis

Kevin Nash and Kane (although I suspect alot of people do this)

Booker T and La Parka (I've ran atleast five different games where I've had these two and every time they have great chemistry)

Owen Hart and Yoshihiro Tajiri

Raven and Mable (probably my favorite made up team)

In my recent TCW save, I ended up forming a team between Donte Dunn and Tsuneyo Yanagimoto, since they were both two recent signings who had a lot of star quality. Ended up having good chemistry so what started off as a team that'd have a short life ended up being something that I plan on trying to keep for a bit.

After failing to get him over as a top heel i got Stix(The Ferryman) in a tag team with Grandmaster Phunk called The Toppers based on the hats they got in their renders

Also, Killer Shark and Davis Wayne Newton are regular tag champs as part of Edward Cornell's stable and they are called Shark Threat

There's been really great responses to this and think its brilliant seeing everyone's creativity. I had planned on trying to reply to as many posts as I could, but with the holidays I wasn't that active in the forum.

Forgot to put in the original post about a heel faction of dark, chaotic luchas I formed consisting of Disturbed, Hush and Phobia. I suppose probably not that odd a grouping, but I have very limited knowledge of lucha libre and this stable worked in my British indy fed in TEW16, so guess that made it slightly obscure. I also gave each pairing a unique name but unfortunately I've forgotten them now.

in TEW 16 i put El Mitico and BB Colossus in a tag team, my promotion was very much like Lucha Underground and El Mitico was playing a wrestler who was searching for a cure to his strange condition

during matches he would start convulsing and leave the ring only to turn into BB Colossus

eventually they were confirmed as a tag team and won the belts but obviously were the same person, the plan before i got there was Chess Maniac was going to put them into a machine to divide their personalities and start a feud between them