[RELEASE] The YES! Mod - May 2013 BETA

In a WWE trial run I noticed the multiple RAW and Smackdown brands as well.

Also, Main Event is listed as an "A" show.

Also looks like you used Brie Bella's profile picture for both Brie and Nikki. I know they're twins but Brie's the one with the headband and Nikki typically wears the backwards hat.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. I stopped following wrestling around 2010 and recently started paying attention again in the past few years. Always enjoyed the TEW series though.

Don't worry about it man. I'll wager a guess and say most people have either forgotten about Main Event originally getting pushed pretty hard, oooor started watching at some point within the last 6-5 years where it's been a B show through 'n through, and understandably assumed things. lol

Works like a charm, friend, appreciate the work you've put in on the Google Sheet side as well!

No problem. Hope they are easy to use!

In a WWE trial run I noticed the multiple RAW and Smackdown brands as well.

Also, Main Event is listed as an "A" show.

Also looks like you used Brie Bella's profile picture for both Brie and Nikki. I know they're twins but Brie's the one with the headband and Nikki typically wears the backwards hat.

Where specifically is it showing the doubled brands? I opened a couple WWE saves and I'm not seeing it. The only place I've spotted it is on a test save, the "Tour Company" function for the WWE says there are 3 brands, then lists four, which are the doubled brands. I'm thinking its a bug and will report it but want to provide Adam with specifics.

Man, I think I managed to leave the pics the same for almost ever set of twins. Almost all of the twins were created by converting over a worker for one of them, editing them to be the first twin, and then copying the first twin to edit to be the second twin. Hence they end up with the same cut as I apparently kept missing that.

So, i think it's Narushi Akimune. I found this website (https://puroresurepresentin.wordpress.com/kaientai-dojo-k-dojo/) that puts him as Narushi. His 2AW profile puts him as Narcy, which makes sense, it sounds similar, i guess.

thanks!

That's actually correct for the time.

I've adjusted the show to be a B show for now, as that seems to allow the AI to run things a bit smoother but will see how things unfold as more people test.

just a small note but the NEVER Openweight Title is missing from NJPW, i believe Masato Tanaka was the champion at the time.

Thanks. Added. Also added the other NEVER belts and the US title as inactive belts so someone running New Japan can active them if they want.

Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone. I've been adding in some missing belts, even if they aren't getting lineages yet. Will probably get back to adding future workers soon enough.

I had a look at the double brands thing since I saw everyone else saying it. So it seems like if you just start games without going into the editor, it has four brands (two of each for RAW and SD) but if you go into the editor and look at the brands you will see two. I didn't change anything, but I did hit save. Then when I went back and started a new game it now only shows as two brands.

Not really sure what on earth has happened there but just seems like some weird small glitch and easy enough to fix before you start. Probably worth posting it in tech support still

Juste launched a short save with Stardom, here some things that I think don't add up or could be changed (regardind attributes) :

- Sarah Stock souldn't have 100% babyface attribut

- Kaori Yoneyama should have at least "Noted Comedy Match Worker"

- Mayu Iwatani should'nt be 100% babyface. (I can understand a lot of people thinks that, but she did an amazing short term heel job in LU witch Kairi & Io)

- I don't think Nanae Takahashi should be a "People Person", something like "driven" can be more appropriate in my mind. Or maybe adding "Higly Strung" or "Has a temper" to replicate what she did when she left Stardom back in 2015.

Feel free to talk it out with your team. And thanks a lot for this mod. :D

RIP Brodie Lee. And Danny Hodge. Unbelievably sad day.

Glad to see a beta release of this, haven't had a chance to take a full look yet but can't wait until I get the chance. There's definitely been a lot of hard work put into it!

Thanks! Curious for your thoughts when you do have time.

I had a look at the double brands thing since I saw everyone else saying it. So it seems like if you just start games without going into the editor, it has four brands (two of each for RAW and SD) but if you go into the editor and look at the brands you will see two. I didn't change anything, but I did hit save. Then when I went back and started a new game it now only shows as two brands.

Not really sure what on earth has happened there but just seems like some weird small glitch and easy enough to fix before you start. Probably worth posting it in tech support still

If no one else has put it up, I'll post it in Tech Support tomorrow. Either a bug or some "ghost" data causing things to get funky.

Awesome to see the amount of work gone into this - I am most grateful for the tweaks you have done to broadcasters to make sure the ratings are realistic and reflective.

I am going to post some feedback on here shortly but just wanted to post my gratitude and excitement

Appreciated. And credit where credit is due - the broadcaster optimization was HWRP's doing. I went over the broadcasters after the conversion process and got it so that things were working, but didn't go further than that. HWRP jumped on the unenviable task of testing and tweaking to get things optimized. So credit to him for that. And for plenty more work.

Simmed 2 years a head and looked really promising so going to do a ROH save from the start and will provide feedback in the suggested forms :) side note: Does anyone happen to have a cut of the WOH World title on that background by any chance?

There is a WOH belt cut in the fkepod pack so you can check that. I've added it to the data but it will probably be a bit before I do another beta version. I was mostly avoiding adding "future" belts but started to put a few in.

I see Micheal Elgin is set as a troublemaker, I feel he's more than earned scumbag at this point, edit: the same can be said for David Starr

also london and kendrick don't have a tag team set up, also motor city machine guns

Added the tag teams. Weird ones to overlook but it happens. Thanks.

And as for Elgin and Star... Yes. But...

I probably should have put something in the ReadMe, as I knew this would come up. And likely will again. Heck, it would have been a point of consideration for a number of workers even without the Speaking Out movement. I don't want to start a conversation on that - there are places for it and this isn't it - but will say that it was a very necessary reckoning because those kind of behaviors have no place in any business. The depth of the issues was heart-rending to so many fans, myself included, but the real focus needs to be on the victims and on enacting real changes. All that said, I'm not sure I've ever felt scummier myself than taking some of these situations (not just Speaking Out but any accusations) into consideration for the mod and having to weigh how valid the accusation seemed and how BAD is really was.... Just awful way to have to look at things.

The "issue" with the Scumbag attribute is the impact that it has in TEW terms. It essentially makes the worker unemployable, or very close to it. Which isn't the case with a lot of these workers. They will have constant issues rather than occasional ones. Hence, I've tried to be cautious with how many workers get that attribute, and I'm mulling it on several who do. Quite a few of the Scumbags in the mod are promoters and its meant more to replicate dodgy-as-hell practices some of them have than personal transgressions. But it seems to have the same effect - I had one promoter as a Scumbag and it eventually led to the company not being able to run shows because there weren't enough workers in that region (its been corrected in several ways).

I don't imagine its the kind of thing we will find general consensus on, but if everyone wants, they can be switched to Scumbag. It will just make them all but impossible to keep on a roster. Troublemaker or something similar will ensure incidents but not constant ones.

Juste launched a short save with Stardom, here some things that I think don't add up or could be changed (regardind attributes) :

- Sarah Stock souldn't have 100% babyface attribut

- Kaori Yoneyama should have at least "Noted Comedy Match Worker"

- Mayu Iwatani should'nt be 100% babyface. (I can understand a lot of people thinks that, but she did an amazing short term heel job in LU witch Kairi & Io)

- I don't think Nanae Takahashi should be a "People Person", something like "driven" can be more appropriate in my mind. Or maybe adding "Higly Strung" or "Has a temper" to replicate what she did when she left Stardom back in 2015.

Feel free to talk it out with your team. And thanks a lot for this mod. :D

Oh, joshi feedback! Its one of my weakest areas of knowledge so any eyes on it are apprciated. I'll get this into the data ASAP.

And finally... I always feel bad when someone makes a suggestion that I can use for someone, so I feel like I need to explain it. Probably not necessary, but...

Atticus has been providing some nice suggestions in the Google Sheets, so thank you sir.

I've added Agers for Adam Scherr / Braun Strauman so he will have the "Braun" look a year after he debuts.

As for Regal, someone else pointed out the matches he had in later 2013 but unfortunately, the AI won't care if he's set to be Occasional. If he's active as a worker, he will work and the AI will book him on NXT all the time. The AI isn't beholden to contract roles eithers so the WWE AI will book Brock and Trips all the time.

Found some Desperado candidates (that i am familiar with) for you to consider that are still working as of 2019-2020. Granted, i don't really know how exactly this attribute works, so it probably won't aply to all of those guys.

Ken Shamrock, El Hijo del Santo, Masakatsu Funaki, Blue Demon Jr., Blue Panther, Daisuke Ikeda, El Felino, Ephesto, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Ikuto Hidaka, Jun Akiyama, Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita, Koji Kanemoto, Kurt Angle (maybe?), Marcela, Mephisto, Minoru Tanaka, Ricky Fuji, Rob Van Dam, Sanshiro Takagi, Satoshi Kojima, Scott Steiner, Shigeo Okumura, Shocker, Takashi Iizuka, Takashi Sugiura, Taru, Tiger Mask IV, Togi Makabe, Virus, Yuji Nagata, Yukio Sakaguchi.

Also found that Mammoth Sasaki's age is wrong, he's actually from 1974. And Yoji Anjo is in the database as Yoji Ano.

As for Regal, someone else pointed out the matches he had in later 2013 but unfortunately, the AI won't care if he's set to be Occasional. If he's active as a worker, he will work and the AI will book him on NXT all the time. The AI isn't beholden to contract roles eithers so the WWE AI will book Brock and Trips all the time.

Ugh, that was my fear, appreciate the explanation! Guess that'll just have to be something you can really only do if you play as NXT.

First off thanks for this mod! Seeming a perfect time period for my liking.

Secondly, I can not get over 78 booking Raw or Smackdown. I’m sure I could put 2 top talents in matches, but that would be no fun as it wouldn’t seem realistic to continue to do weekly.

Any tips?

That sounds like it’s working as intended, realistically. 78 is an average show so you’ll need to pull out the big guns if you want to get above that norm, especially in an entertainment product.

I’m fairly new to the game, so I didn’t really know. The 90s mod I played I could pull 90+ weekly shows without stacking the deck at the top

Found some Desperado candidates (that i am familiar with) for you to consider that are still working as of 2019-2020. Granted, i don't really know how exactly this attribute works, so it probably won't aply to all of those guys.

Ken Shamrock, El Hijo del Santo, Masakatsu Funaki, Blue Demon Jr., Blue Panther, Daisuke Ikeda, El Felino, Ephesto, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Ikuto Hidaka, Jun Akiyama, Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita, Koji Kanemoto, Kurt Angle (maybe?), Marcela, Mephisto, Minoru Tanaka, Ricky Fuji, Rob Van Dam, Sanshiro Takagi, Satoshi Kojima, Scott Steiner, Shigeo Okumura, Shocker, Takashi Iizuka, Takashi Sugiura, Taru, Tiger Mask IV, Togi Makabe, Virus, Yuji Nagata, Yukio Sakaguchi.

Also found that Mammoth Sasaki's age is wrong, he's actually from 1974. And Yoji Anjo is in the database as Yoji Ano.

Awesome feedback. I'll work on getting the Desperado tacked on for these guys.

Ugh, that was my fear, appreciate the explanation! Guess that'll just have to be something you can really only do if you play as NXT.

Yea, if someone wants to book NXT and wants to put Regal in the ring, it can be edited before the save starts. Or possibly during a save - not sure on that.

First off thanks for this mod! Seeming a perfect time period for my liking.

Secondly, I can not get over 78 booking Raw or Smackdown. I’m sure I could put 2 top talents in matches, but that would be no fun as it wouldn’t seem realistic to continue to do weekly.

Any tips?

Well, not going to say things are perfectly balanced just yet. But yeah, scoring GOOD grades with the WWE isn't mean tot be easy. The starting popularity of the company is 78, so scoring grades in the 78-80 range should maintain. And that's really the intent as the WWE wasn't putting out consistently strong shows back then. Much as today, they were mixed and sometimes quite poor. The AI faces fewer penalties than the user, but they can regularly hit 85-90 main events by loading up a bit.

sometime that does still need to be played around with is the Match Focus and the Angle Focus. That could still be optimized and might be toying with.

You may also benefit from adjusting the product. Its currently Wrestling Soap Opera which isn't necessarily ideal.

That sounds like it’s working as intended, realistically. 78 is an average show so you’ll need to pull out the big guns if you want to get above that norm, especially in an entertainment product.

Yup, this is the idea.

Just a few things I noticed well starting as WWE:

Big E debuted in December 2012 (aligned with Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee)

Speaking of AJ, she was managing Dolph at this time

Summer Rae was managing Fandango but it's missing

The Shield is listed as debuting in November 2013, but actually debuted in 2012

NXT Women's title is missing a cut, it debuted in June 2013