[RELEASE] CV97 / Cornellverse 1997 (Updated: 20th Aug 2021)

*In the duo of The Apocalipsticks, Wolf is listed as a black female (like her partner) but the assigned image is of a white female.

*The stable of The Untouchables in HGC has a typo in their bio. "Presented an an ultra-serious...', should read 'as an'.

*Monty Walker's bio has a spelling error. 'In fact his only apparant weakness'... Should be 'apparent'.

Just little things I've found so far as I explore the mod. I'm feeling an HGC diary coming on, soon...

I can't download it this second but is it combined with present day CV? If not, i'll def blend those two together when I can. This looks awesome!

I assume the question is whether the actual 'new' workers will be in it: of course, as I'm pretty sure he's reworked it from the ground up instead of converting the existing database.

edit: a small thing, but Ramon Paez & Monty Walker (and pretty much all the "East Coast Warriors" workers) are in two different storylines with HGC, which is normally not done.

There are a bunch of future companies with no logo in them (Skull Society etc.), is that for a reason or?

At some point I lost the logos I'm SURE I had for all the future companies... I tried to find them on my computer somewhere but they seem to be gone. IF anyone has them, fire them my way and I can re-add them. I liked the companies enough to want to keep them and give some interesting options. :)

Immediately booted up a CGC game and I'm now 4 months in. I'm liking it. One hour TV shows are always my favorite, and the default data lacked one that sang to me. Being close to Medium gives CGC a goal here, but I'm having to grind for it. Once there, it looks like it'll open up expansion beyond Western Canada. Fun.

Absolutely loving Black Sheep & Battering Lamb on the roster. This is nothing to do with the mod, but TEW2020 has made Comedy wrestling clearer to me with the attributes. Now my CGC has a comedy bout on every card, with the Flock, John McClean, Eddie Chandler, and a debuting WrestleFestival Clown carrying that workload.

I've lowered the production values, as with no PPV revenue we were losing $50-$100k per month. Affordable in the short term, but with no rivals (until Medium, presumably) or pressure from TV stations, it was an extravagant amount to spend on production. I also de-aged the DeColt Gimmicks. The Nerd (Alex). The Jock (Steve). The Hothead (Jack). At 19-23, they aren't yet what they'll become.

• I was immediately able to get my show on Great Lakes Syndicated TV, despite no popularity in the area/country. NOTBPW did too. Not sure if that's as intended.
  • In February, NOTBPW lost all of their TV deals (except Great Lakes). Shows didn't seem too bad (mine were better) so could be a freak occurrence limited to my game.
  • Black Sheep's bio; top line "... is a good wrestlers...". This looks like one of my typing mistakes that has been copied over. I tend to incorrectly pluralize words when typing quickly.
  • Fawn Keyes bio; second line "...for much of theit training..." and third line "... natural spark as partners of opponents...". That second one looks like another classic Self typing error. There's a reason I have to rewrite my diary scripts over and over and over...
  • Vigilante Hawk's bio says American Indian, but he doesn't look it to me. Maybe 1/8th?
  • Canada 1-Choice require 0 pop in 0 regions. Is that correct? I appreciate a low barrier to entry (beyond being Medium) but checking if it's a mistake.
  • I had to re-link CGC events to their logos. Might just be my pic folder though.

• [*]I was immediately able to get my show on Great Lakes Syndicated TV, despite no popularity in the area/country. NOTBPW did too. Not sure if that's as intended.

Seems to be a fault. In the Database it says Great Lakes TV requires 31 pop in 0 regions. That should be 31 pop in 1 region.

[*]Canada 1-Choice require 0 pop in 0 regions. Is that correct? I appreciate a low barrier to entry (beyond being Medium) but checking if it's a mistake.

Same thing here. I've done that before. It's a mistake for sure.

Broadcasters will get tweaked, I think I had Canadian Choice-1 set to be a relatively easy to access broadcaster on previous versions BUT broadcaster sizes scaled a little differently in TEW16... so now they should have some higher requirements. Great Lakes should also have their regions set to 1.

Keep the feedback coming, I'll be addressing everything I can find as I go. The more specific you can be, the easier it is for me to find and change things. :)

Thank you for this, getting to start a game as DAVE when the East Coast Wars are alive and Nemesis has just joined the company is fantastic :)

While playing I've spotted a minor typo in Henry Lee's bio (the first line):

Henry Lee is made a huge impact - could be Henry Lee has made a huge impact or Henry Lee made a huge impact.

A couple of weird attribute choices when scouting NOTBPW

• Warren Young has both "Easy to Do Business With" and "That Doesn't Work For Me...". The traits appear to contradict each other.
  • Biff Ingram has "Amazing Babyface" "Amazing Heel" and "Better As Heel", which feels redundant.

Immediately booted up a CGC game and I'm now 4 months in. I'm liking it. One hour TV shows are always my favorite, and the default data lacked one that sang to me. Being close to Medium gives CGC a goal here, but I'm having to grind for it. Once there, it looks like it'll open up expansion beyond Western Canada. Fun.

Absolutely loving Black Sheep & Battering Lamb on the roster. This is nothing to do with the mod, but TEW2020 has made Comedy wrestling clearer to me with the attributes. Now my CGC has a comedy bout on every card, with the Flock, John McClean, Eddie Chandler, and a debuting WrestleFestival Clown carrying that workload.

I've lowered the production values, as with no PPV revenue we were losing $50-$100k per month. Affordable in the short term, but with no rivals (until Medium, presumably) or pressure from TV stations, it was an extravagant amount to spend on production. I also de-aged the DeColt Gimmicks. The Nerd (Alex). The Jock (Steve). The Hothead (Jack). At 19-23, they aren't yet what they'll become.

• I was immediately able to get my show on Great Lakes Syndicated TV, despite no popularity in the area/country. NOTBPW did too. Not sure if that's as intended.
  • In February, NOTBPW lost all of their TV deals (except Great Lakes). Shows didn't seem too bad (mine were better) so could be a freak occurrence limited to my game.
  • Black Sheep's bio; top line "... is a good wrestlers...". This looks like one of my typing mistakes that has been copied over. I tend to incorrectly pluralize words when typing quickly.
  • Fawn Keyes bio; second line "...for much of theit training..." and third line "... natural spark as partners of opponents...". That second one looks like another classic Self typing error. There's a reason I have to rewrite my diary scripts over and over and over...
  • Vigilante Hawk's bio says American Indian, but he doesn't look it to me. Maybe 1/8th?
  • Canada 1-Choice require 0 pop in 0 regions. Is that correct? I appreciate a low barrier to entry (beyond being Medium) but checking if it's a mistake.
  • I had to re-link CGC events to their logos. Might just be my pic folder though.

Self back in CGC, it warms my cold, cynical soul.

"Ministry of BLZ Bubb", "Snakes of Anti-Christ/Satan", "Circle of Snakes", "Serpents of <insert name here>", "1000 Devils Reign" and "Pyre of Souls". This list has been sponsored by Danzig. :D

Anyone else have trouble deciding what promotion they're gonna choose? I'm switching between BBW, CZCW, XFW and DAVE personally. Even GCG and BHOTWG seem interesting.

Just played my first event with DAVE and JD Morgan was in my main event, got the note that the DAVE crowd weren't too happy to see him.

Why would that be? Morgan is a veteran and a big star.

But he's also a bit boring technician with bad hardcore and entertainment skills. I don't remember off the top of my head what attributes contribute to that note but that's the general idea.

"fanbase will turn on workers who don't belong" is what it says on the Product notes. He's perceived as being out of place.

The DAVE crowd will boo people out of the building if they feel they don't belong. I love JD Morgan, but he sucks at hardcore wrestling. You'd have to change your product for them to stop doing it.

Does anyone have the original render for Miyuki Miharu? The render it links too is different than last time, at least for me. I've looked on various backups but I can't find my previous version. Maybe I changed it myself (which I normally never do).

edit: never mind I found it :p It was indeed another image. Saved it online now. I just like this one more. It oozes selfishness. :p

q2xj6YX.jpg

Yeah, I use a bunch of the free pictures, I don't think she's ever had a proper picture of her own but I suspect people have been using their own images from free picture and re-render threads. I should probably trawl those and steal things from people, with permission of course. :)

Just played my first event with DAVE and JD Morgan was in my main event, got the note that the DAVE crowd weren't too happy to see him.

From the handbook: A vocal or rowdy crowd reacting to a worker can happen with certain products if the worker's key skills are too weak.

For example, in a deathmatch based product the fans would react if the worker's brawling and hardcore skills are low, with the lower they are, the worse the reaction.

I usually search for workers who have 45 minimum in brawling or hardcore so they don't get booed out of the building due to the product ;)

Hope this helps.