Ignite The Fire ~ ZERO1-MAX

OOC

Here we go again! I had several discussions with some other writers about leaving, or I should say doing a break from doing diaries here. I was a bit exhausted after having the long WCG diary and felt like I couldn't do another one which can be that long like White Canvas was. Several ideas were ejected from my brain and here we are with an absolute novelty: I'm going to do a diary from the past. I'm not the biggest fan of it because I always think that I can't do it better or more interesting than it was in real life but I think with this new scenario I can.

We will be playing as ZERO1-MAX in January 2006. The legendary Shinya Hashimoto left the company in '04 and died in '05 which was a real bummer for ZERO-ONE who changed their name to ZERO1-MAX to detach themself from the Hashimoto link and be one their own – Not a good idea. From one of the hottest promotions in Japan the company failed and lost many fans throughout the years, so our goal is to get the promotion back to the #3 spot, a goal I never had in one of my Puro diaries before.

Special thanks to my GDS mates Dalton, mimimikuri and Blonde Bomber – They're always there for me when I need someone to talk about stuff which makes the whole diary circle here way more fun than it is to be honest.

<div style="width:1000px;padding:7px;border radius: 29px 0px 29px 0px;-webkit-border-radius: 29px 0px 29px 0px;-moz-border-radius: 29px 0px 29px 0px;background: rgba(248,248,255);border: 5px outset #FF0000;; max-width:60%";">

siteName.png

『TITLEHOLDER』

<hr style="border: 0; height: 10px; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(255,0,0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));" />

AWA World Heavyweight Championship

uPoFKR5.jpg

LAHPkUN.jpg

[13th Champion] Steve Corino [June 11 2006]

<hr style="border: 0; height: 5px; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(255,0,0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));" />

ZERO1-MAX United National Heavyweight Championship

8FJAXIb.jpg

4hTKZji.jpg

[3rd Champion] CW Anderson [March 27 2005]

<hr style="border: 0; height: 5px; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(255,0,0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));" />

ZERO1-MAX Junior Heavyweight Championship

229WFgI.jpg

MGWyymr.jpg

[6th Champion] Ikuto Hidaka [April 14 2005]

WWA World Junior Light Heavyweight Championship

Ds7SCYD.jpg

h8o3bwQ.jpg

[3rd Champion] Katsuhiko Nakajima [August 31 2005]

NWA Intercontinental Tag Team Championship

mKrtR0n.jpg

MGWyymr.jpgemAwAFA.jpg

[16th Champions] Ikuto Hidaka & Minoru Fujita [October 10 2005]

NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship

DwCj4TC.jpg

MGWyymr.jpgemAwAFA.jpg

[5th Champions] Ikuto Hidaka & Minoru Fujita [March 27 2005]

</div>

<div style="width:1000px;padding:7px;border radius: 29px 0px 29px 0px;-webkit-border-radius: 29px 0px 29px 0px;-moz-border-radius: 29px 0px 29px 0px;background: rgba(248,248,255);border: 5px outset #FF0000;; max-width:60%";">

siteName.png

『SCHEDULE』

<hr style="border: 0; height: 10px; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(255,0,0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));" />

01. ZERO1-MAX HOPE - January 14, 2006 (1,642 Fans @ Korakuen Hall - Tokyo, Kanto)

</div>

Pretty interesting. I always felt that ZERO-1 became pointless after Hashimoto died as anything other than a random super-indie in Japan (point proven given it's decline in the past decade), so it'll be interesting to see you shape it's identity this early on. Frankly, besides the Fire Festival Sword I was never a big mark for their events.

Tally ho, CGN91!

Oh, hell yeah. I'm reading.

Pretty interesting. I always felt that ZERO-1 became pointless after Hashimoto died as anything other than a random super-indie in Japan (point proven given it's decline in the past decade), so it'll be interesting to see you shape it's identity this early on. Frankly, besides the Fire Festival Sword I was never a big mark for their events.

Tally ho, CGN91!

I'm curious about your direction of Zero-1, it was clearly number four promotion in Japan at some point.

Can’t wait for the first show!

Let's go!

Pumped for this. Let's go CGN.

Thank you so much guys:cool:

Just post this Tokyo Sports article again, it was meant to be the first post of the diary. I f*cked it up yesterday:D

InJD4C6.png

I finally had the time after watching Wrestle Kingdom to do the titleholder section which can be found right HERE

I did all pictures by myself except three titlebelts which I took from Questlove's RWC mod and Mammoth's '06 mod, which I use for the diary tho. So the title pictures won't have all the same background but it is what is it. Not easy to find old school pictures of more unknown people and belts.

I hope that you will add more titles using or used by ZERO-1 like World or US Heavyweight titles.

I use all titles they have used in 2006. They've added just one junior title in 2011 and defunct the WWA Jr. Title. The zero1 world title is just the renamed AWA title, they left the AWA partnership and just use the same title ever since.:)

LXHKAT1.png

Prediction Key

Masato Tanaka & Shinjiro Otani vs. CW Anderson & Steve Corino

Ryouji Sai vs. Katsuyori Shibata

NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship: Ikuto Hidaka & Minoru Fujita © vs. Kaz Hayashi & Katsuhiko Nakajima

Kohei Sato & Yoshihito Sasaki vs. Rikiya Fudo & Tomoaki Honma

Fuyuki Takahashi, KAMIKAZE & Takuya Sugawara vs. Keiji Sawaragi, Mammoth Sasaki & Hi69

GENTARO vs. Osamu Namiguchi

Matt Sydal & Jack Evans vs. Taichi Ishikari & Tatsuhito Takaiwa

NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship: Ikuto Hidaka & Minoru Fujita © vs. Kaz Hayashi & Katsuhiko Nakajima

Fuyuki Takahashi, KAMIKAZE & Takuya Sugawara vs. Keiji Sawaragi, Mammoth Sasaki & Hi69

siteName.png

『HOPE』

January 14, 2006 | Korakuen Hall @ Tokyo, Japan | 1,642 Fans (Super No Vacancy)

<hr style="border: 0; height: 10px; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(178, 34, 34), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));" />

<div style="font-weight:normal;border-top:2px solid rgb(000,000,00);"></div>

fHS8QTu.jpgTMhS21E.jpgLBxMQAS.pngjyDKfmn.jpgSl7WQUB.jpg

Taichi Ishikari NCLdCqy.jpg & Tatsuhito Takaiwa def. Matt Sydal IBUNBMz.png & Jack Evans IBUNBMz.png (7m23s) when Takaiwa used a Lariat on Evans

EuYngmM.jpgLBxMQAS.pngOzhbeg0.jpg

GENTARO C9GT4jg.png def. Osamu Namiguchi (7m45s) with a Japanese Leg Roll Clutch Hold

YsU4UrY.jpgd7z24wQ.jpgL9oA1v5.jpgLBxMQAS.pngk2oCYCr.jpg2ibaug2.jpg7hnZ0Rm.jpg

Fuyuki Takahashi, KAMIKAZE & Takuya Sugawara def. Kenji Sawaragi C9GT4jg.png, Hi69 C9GT4jg.png & Mammoth Sasaki C9GT4jg.png (10m51s) when Sugawara used a Shiisanputa on Sawaragi

e1ms42l.jpgJumq8Uv.jpgLBxMQAS.png8Wi7EP4.jpgy48UBxA.jpg

Kohei Sato & Yoshihito Sasaki def. Rikiya Fudo & Tomoaki Honma mFlrUdV.png (13m22s) when Sato used a German Suplex Hold on Fudo

OEWqI3T.jpg

NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship

MGWyymr.jpg7FHoftn.jpgz6YPdfG.pngdUEGH6z.jpgjBshbjk.jpg

<div style="text-align:justify;">The All Japan junior team was so close to win the NWA International Lightweight tag strap! Katsuhiko Nakajima's mission to become a double champion failed when the young trainee from Kensuke Office kicked into the air while Fujita ducked him and put him to sleep short after this exchange. With a victory over the current WWA World Junior Heavyweight titleholder it was pretty clear what will happen next.

Minoru Fujita took a microfon and challenged the young sensation Nakajima to a titlematch soon. The 17 years old accepted the challenge with a handshake while his partner Kaz Hayashi wasn't amused about the loss. Hayashi, as the former International tag champ, took the lost not so well and left the ring a bit mad.

Ikuto Hidaka & Minoru Fujita yaFE0md.png def. Kaz Hayashi mFlrUdV.png & Katsuhiko Nakajima mFlrUdV.png (15m43s) when Fujita used a Sasuke Segway on Nakajima (8th Defense)

</div>

Y49SiEW.jpgTt0XS6m.jpgz6YPdfG.png16hrAC8.jpgKAjmW2h.jpg

<div style="text-align:justify;">Some heated atmosphere right before the bell when freelancer Katsuyori Shibata came down the aisle with a Big Mouth LOUD shirt and spit on the ring mat right before Sai's very eyes. Sai's secondant Kohei Sato had to hold him back while Murakami smirked around. Sai's nightmare started when Shibata and he tradet some strikes before the former New Japan star headbutted Sai so hard that he went on spaghetti legs. Shibata made short work of Sai, to the surprise of the Korakuen crowd, when he hitted a penalty kick followed by a knock out kick to the face which let Sai went to sleep.

Wow! What a demonstration by Shibata who put his foot on Sai's lifeless body after the stoppage which let loud boos rained from the crowd. Kohei Sato was furious as well as Tadao Yasuda who came down to the ring to help Sato out. Shibata took a microfon and said that he's dissapointed with the fighting spirit of ZERO1-MAX fighter so far.

tZ2QDxe.jpg

Katsuyori Shibata def. Ryouji Sai (3m56s) with a Knock Out Kick via Referee Stop

</div>

<div style="font-weight:normal;border-top:2px solid rgb(000,000,00);">

e8STKqZ.jpgV5VpW9v.jpgz6YPdfG.pngBrZJnJe.jpgZj1lbdo.jpg

<div style="text-align:justify;">Japan versus North America was the right title for the upcoming main event. It was obvious that Steve Corino wasn't keen to step into the ring with these two warrior in fear to get pinned or submitted. On the other hand his parter CW Anderson was without fear and went to war with both Otani and Tanaka althought he was the weak link for his team though. After a Sliding D Anderson couldn't raise the shoulder in the right team and was pinned in the middle of the ring.

Tanaka eyed Anderson's ZERO1-MAX United National Heavyweight title and challenged "The Enforcer" to a title bout down the line. Corino tried to get away but was stopped by Shinjiro Otani who started a brawl with the ECW alumni. Otani's goal is to get the AWA World title from Corino's waist.

Masato Tanaka & Shinjiro Otani def. CW Anderson & Steve Corino (19m28s) when Tanaka used a Sliding D on Anderson

</div>

<hr style="border: 0; height: 10px; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(178, 34, 34), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));" />

</div>

Great first show - love all the new additions to the roster & some great set-ups for future title feuds. Excited to see Shibata run through the roster - guessing poor Yasuda is next!

PS. that picture of Nakajima never fails to make me laugh!

Thanks mate! I wasn't sure if I should have done write ups to all matches, but refused it and stayed with the most important ones for this show. I spent so many times to do a new design, but nothing satisfied me so I did the old WCG design for now. The show needed to be posted soon so I thought this would be the perfect idea :)

Baby Nak is something lol It wasn't easy to get so many good old pictures of the guys, it was pain in the a*se tbh:D