Death of the Territories Released

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love DOTT! It covers the era just before i got into wrestling (i was a late 80's early 90's kinda guy) but lots of the people are pretty familiar to me! I still think DOTT is pretty much the standard bearer when it comes to both wrespi and TEW mods, its just a shame that you are so limited in your wrestling tastes, i get the feeling you'd make a hell of a 90's mod!

I love DOTT! It covers the era just before i got into wrestling (i was a late 80's early 90's kinda guy) but lots of the people are pretty familiar to me! I still think DOTT is pretty much the standard bearer when it comes to both wrespi and TEW mods, its just a shame that you are so limited in your wrestling tastes, i get the feeling you'd make a hell of a 90's mod!

Guest KingEdge
this is a great mod so far I'm starting a career with "The Excellence of Execution" Bret Hart ; since I'm French, I maybe would start another one with André, our only wrestling star, but i do much love tech wrestling how about the '84 setup? it would be nice to have it released, if it can merge realism and gameplay purposes how about underaged workers? will they appear later or not included at all? I don't want to edit their D.O.B since they would be wrong then

Guest KingEdge
this is a great mod so far I'm starting a career with "The Excellence of Execution" Bret Hart ; since I'm French, I maybe would start another one with André, our only wrestling star, but i do much love tech wrestling how about the '84 setup? it would be nice to have it released, if it can merge realism and gameplay purposes how about underaged workers? will they appear later or not included at all? I don't want to edit their D.O.B since they would be wrong then

[QUOTE=KingEdge;147545]this is a great mod so far... how about the '84 setup? it would be nice to have it released, if it can merge realism and gameplay purposes how about underaged workers? will they appear later or not included at all? I don't want to edit their D.O.B since they would be wrong then[/QUOTE] First off, I'm glad you are having some fun with it and appreciate your taking the time to pass along the kind words. Bonne chance dans votre carrière! (Hope I got that right, heh) At present I have no intentions of creating a 1984 set, though I may consider it once I get the Legends set completed. RE: Underaged workers ... the 6 (or so) workers that are removed when processing a new game will eventually appear, but that's about it. I intentionally got the birth dates wrong on quite a few people, as I wanted them in at the start of the game; people like Shawn Michaels and Sting. Again, thanks for the interest.

[QUOTE=KingEdge;147545]this is a great mod so far... how about the '84 setup? it would be nice to have it released, if it can merge realism and gameplay purposes how about underaged workers? will they appear later or not included at all? I don't want to edit their D.O.B since they would be wrong then[/QUOTE] First off, I'm glad you are having some fun with it and appreciate your taking the time to pass along the kind words. Bonne chance dans votre carrière! (Hope I got that right, heh) At present I have no intentions of creating a 1984 set, though I may consider it once I get the Legends set completed. RE: Underaged workers ... the 6 (or so) workers that are removed when processing a new game will eventually appear, but that's about it. I intentionally got the birth dates wrong on quite a few people, as I wanted them in at the start of the game; people like Shawn Michaels and Sting. Again, thanks for the interest.

D.Boon Found this website, thought you might get some use from it, no idea if your already aware of it. Been a fan for quite some time of your work, We'd spoken a few times before on your old Norwrestling site. anyway [url]http://www.georgiawrestlinghistory.com/main.html[/url]

D.Boon Found this website, thought you might get some use from it, no idea if your already aware of it. Been a fan for quite some time of your work, We'd spoken a few times before on your old Norwrestling site. anyway [url]http://www.georgiawrestlinghistory.com/main.html[/url]

[QUOTE=sickboy13;147937]Found this website, thought you might get some use from it, no idea if your already aware of it. Been a fan for quite some time of your work, We'd spoken a few times before on your old Norwrestling site. anyway [url]http://www.georgiawrestlinghistory.com/main.html[/url][/QUOTE] Norwrestling was actually my site. It started as an attempt to make an english site about Norwegian wrestling. But due to bad designer skills all that ever came out of it was a various forums. One of them was Dott. After a while other things got in my way. I got quite sick and before I knew it the domain ran out. It was fun and I wish that it didnt end like that. It was fun helping out with the first DOTT scenario. And it's fun to see how people like it. Daniel

[QUOTE=sickboy13;147937]Found this website, thought you might get some use from it, no idea if your already aware of it. Been a fan for quite some time of your work, We'd spoken a few times before on your old Norwrestling site. anyway [url]http://www.georgiawrestlinghistory.com/main.html[/url][/QUOTE] Norwrestling was actually my site. It started as an attempt to make an english site about Norwegian wrestling. But due to bad designer skills all that ever came out of it was a various forums. One of them was Dott. After a while other things got in my way. I got quite sick and before I knew it the domain ran out. It was fun and I wish that it didnt end like that. It was fun helping out with the first DOTT scenario. And it's fun to see how people like it. Daniel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest KingEdge
some remarks about the mod BELTS : it seems that some belts are never defended (i particularly think about the Heavyweight title in Stampede Wrestling, since in my Bret Hart career I never defended it) ; is it a known WSII bug or a DOTT bug? and what about inactive belts, are they only cosmetic or became active through the game? WORKERS : it's frustating to see that some of future big names are still unemployed or fired early on ; I'm in December 84 and people like Sting, Vader, Brian Pillman, Shawn Michaels, Mark Calloway, etc... mainly cause they have overness F almost everywhere, or at best they are D or E in a region and had a defeating streak. I fought the smallest promotions would hire or keep these kind of wrestlers if they match the promotion style FED RELATIONSHIPS : is it normal to see wrestlers who work for both AJPW/NJPW or UWA/EMLL since they supposed to be rival companies??

Guest KingEdge
some remarks about the mod BELTS : it seems that some belts are never defended (i particularly think about the Heavyweight title in Stampede Wrestling, since in my Bret Hart career I never defended it) ; is it a known WSII bug or a DOTT bug? and what about inactive belts, are they only cosmetic or became active through the game? WORKERS : it's frustating to see that some of future big names are still unemployed or fired early on ; I'm in December 84 and people like Sting, Vader, Brian Pillman, Shawn Michaels, Mark Calloway, etc... mainly cause they have overness F almost everywhere, or at best they are D or E in a region and had a defeating streak. I fought the smallest promotions would hire or keep these kind of wrestlers if they match the promotion style FED RELATIONSHIPS : is it normal to see wrestlers who work for both AJPW/NJPW or UWA/EMLL since they supposed to be rival companies??

The belts issue pretty much falls on me as the mod maker. The other two issues? Not as such. Rookie/future rookie workers have always been problematic in these games. As you mentioned, I personally believe the newer workers are set up as they logically should be; i.e., higher level (and virtually unknown) scrubs, waiting to be developed. Alas, the AI promotions find no use for them. TEW07 will fix that, as Adam has allowed sliders that 'force' the promotions to actually use young talent. If the mod maker takes advantage of the feature, that is. The promotion pacts being ignored situation... blah. I've always been really irked by that one. As you suggested, NJPW & AJPW should never be sharing talent. Another example: WWF starts off at War with quite a few feds, yet that does not stop them from sharing talent with those feds. The bad thing about that is that you really have no way to determine if the feds in question have ended their War relationships. I've always assumed that was the case, but who knows. Again, though - Adam has added a lot of features into TEW07 that should prevent these situations, as evidenced by the Developer's Journal. If a WreSpi 3 comes about (and here's hoping it does), those new features will more than likely be carried over.

The belts issue pretty much falls on me as the mod maker. The other two issues? Not as such. Rookie/future rookie workers have always been problematic in these games. As you mentioned, I personally believe the newer workers are set up as they logically should be; i.e., higher level (and virtually unknown) scrubs, waiting to be developed. Alas, the AI promotions find no use for them. TEW07 will fix that, as Adam has allowed sliders that 'force' the promotions to actually use young talent. If the mod maker takes advantage of the feature, that is. The promotion pacts being ignored situation... blah. I've always been really irked by that one. As you suggested, NJPW & AJPW should never be sharing talent. Another example: WWF starts off at War with quite a few feds, yet that does not stop them from sharing talent with those feds. The bad thing about that is that you really have no way to determine if the feds in question have ended their War relationships. I've always assumed that was the case, but who knows. Again, though - Adam has added a lot of features into TEW07 that should prevent these situations, as evidenced by the Developer's Journal. If a WreSpi 3 comes about (and here's hoping it does), those new features will more than likely be carried over.

Archived