Death of the Territories Released

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And while on the subject: The Running Powerslam that Dick Murdoch once used while wrestling a show in Texas in '74 is ALSO missing. The same could be said of Ted Dibiase's Reverse Figure-Four/Sleeper Hold, which he used during the summer of '79. I'm at a loss of words... Otherwise, nice job D Boon... Someone has to pick up for the slackers.

[QUOTE=Rick Arnold]And while on the subject: The Running Powerslam that Dick Murdoch once used while wrestling a show in Texas in '74 is ALSO missing. The same could be said of Ted Dibiase's Reverse Figure-Four/Sleeper Hold, which he used during the summer of '79. I'm at a loss of words... Otherwise, nice job D Boon... Someone has to pick up for the slackers.[/QUOTE] Well since the flying headbutt was one of the missing links trademark moves. Daniel

[QUOTE=captainlou]Ted Dibiase introduced the Undertaker as his fourth partner live at the Survivor Series in November, 1990.[/QUOTE] It could be argued that Love actually brought him to the public, Dibiase only introduce him on the mic because well it was a surprise partner so the announcer can't do it. Brother Love was the one who actually brought him to the WWF (and the ring) to team with Dibiase. And nice work D. Boon. Think I'll finally start a D.O.T.T RTL now and stick with it.

[QUOTE=Sartagis]It could be argued that Love actually brought him to the public, Dibiase only introduce him on the mic because well it was a surprise partner so the announcer can't do it. Brother Love was the one who actually brought him to the WWF (and the ring) to team with Dibiase. And nice work D. Boon. Think I'll finally start a D.O.T.T RTL now and stick with it.[/QUOTE] Yes,I kind of remember it more like Brother Love managed The Undertaker,he struck a deal to let DiBiase use him as his 4th man....I guess really it was both Borther Love and Ted DiBiase that introduced The Undertaker.

Daniel, if these modifications are just for your own private database then please don't do a separate post for every minor change. I can understand if you're giving extra info to DBG to help improve the mod itself, but your last two posts seem to be just you telling us what you're doing, which is hardly worthy of letting the entire board know.

[QUOTE=Rick Arnold]And while on the subject: The Running Powerslam that Dick Murdoch once used while wrestling a show in Texas in '74 is ALSO missing. The same could be said of Ted Dibiase's Reverse Figure-Four/Sleeper Hold, which he used during the summer of '79. I'm at a loss of words... Otherwise, nice job D Boon... Someone has to pick up for the slackers.[/QUOTE] If that's the way you feel Rick shouldnt Eric remove every move that those wrestlers have that they dont use until later in their carreer timeperiod. Terry Taylor The Ultimate Warrior and some others comes to mind. Daniel

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Daniel, if these modifications are just for your own private database then please don't do a separate post for every minor change. I can understand if you're giving extra info to DBG to help improve the mod itself, but your last two posts seem to be just you telling us what you're doing, which is hardly worthy of letting the entire board know.[/QUOTE] Yeah I'll stop posting after all this is the perfect mod right? No reason for me to say that I have changed the airplane spin toss so that it can be used onto a table or a chair. Because its unrealistic........ Daniel

[QUOTE=damiende]Yeah I'll stop posting after all this is the perfect mod right? No reason for me to say that I have changed the airplane spin toss so that it can be used onto a table or a chair. Because its unrealistic........ Daniel[/QUOTE] I didn't ask you to stop posting, I simply asked that if you were going to bring up really minor points like that, that you showed some consideration and either grouped them together or perhaps used the Private Message system to tell Boon directly. If you're going to bring up every single tiny detail that you want changed then this thread is going to end up hundreds or pages long, and that would be fairly annoying for everyone else who is reading.

[QUOTE=damiende]Everyone knows that no one shall talk badly about Dott nor come with suggestions. Those that dare do that shall perish forever more.[/QUOTE] Except saying that you added wrestlers... without stating which wrestlers... and despite the fact that D Boon has said many times already that adding more wrestlers won't fix the problem, when there's already dozens of unemployed workers that won't be hired.

If people wanted to know what wrestlers I have added I would be happy to provide them a list. But since some people decided to be a smartass and contradict themselfs. People can help themselfs. The funny thing is after this last update only 3 wrestlers has been let go from the various promotions at the start. After I added a few more workers in most promotions I have had matches with a wider variety of wrestlers. From defending my title against Koko Be Ware 9 times in a row. To once in a while. Rick what should Eric do with the various finishers of the future? Daniel

Daniel... 'Perfect mod'? Where the hell is that coming from? I have never pretended that it is - nor do I care whether it is or not. I'll leave self-importance to the egotists that need to sign their posts, despite the fact everyone knows who is posting. Stating you are changing a move to reflect something is one thing. It's helpful because you offer something concrete to work with. I can see the logic in the move in question and agree that not having chairs and tables involved was an error in judgement. Stating that you are 'adding workers 'cause I'm sick of fighting the same people' does absolutely nothing to help. Which promotion did you add to? Which workers did you add? Who were you fighting constantly? Why am I explaining this to someone over the age of 10? Seriously - I've worked on this for years and have never once sneered at suggestions, unless it came from people with chips on their virtual shoulders; i.e., no one but yourself. Believe me, I do not expect it from people that play this - but have you once thanked the work gone into it? Nope. I think the closest you have come was 'Nice mod, but ya gotta keep them finishers straight'. 15 posts on everything wrong with it and not 1 good thing to say? And then you slag off on what Adam had to say to you? Perhaps where you come from they call that trying to help. Around these parts they call that being a complete douchebag.

Maybe I didnt name a promotion because it happened in every friggin promotion in there for the most part. All you got to do is ask... I asked if certain moves had their counters set wrong. I never demanded you to change anything. I said that I think that one of the trademark moves of The missing link was missing. And got a smartass reply back. You know why I said that? Because maybe you had missed it. But nah.. But I do understand now that before one is to point out any errors one shall first kiss your ass.. Daniel

"Daniel... 'Perfect mod'? Where the hell is that coming from? I have never pretended that it is - nor do I care whether it is or not. I'll leave self-importance to the egotists that need to sign their posts, despite the fact everyone knows who is posting." Tsk tsk dont talk like that about Adam Ryland. Daniel

[QUOTE=damiende]"Daniel... 'Perfect mod'? Where the hell is that coming from? I have never pretended that it is - nor do I care whether it is or not. I'll leave self-importance to the egotists that need to sign their posts, despite the fact everyone knows who is posting." Tsk tsk dont talk like that about Adam Ryland. Daniel[/QUOTE] That's his signature. Yours isn't your signature, it's part of your post. I have no idea what your problem is, but on behalf of everyone who uses the DOTT scenario, allow me to say you're embarrassing yourself, and your constant nitpicking, insults and constant lack of gratitude and respect is demeaning the hard work that has gone into the scenario, and the enjoyment that EVERYONE ELSE gets from using it. So from now on, maybe you should stay in the nice new thread you've created, and let the people who want to use DOTT for their actual entertainment instead of finding things wrong with it discuss it in here.

Just ignore him; it's obvious from his vague, non-commital arguments and attempts to deflect heat onto other people that he doesn't want to have a rational discussion,he just wants to argue,he's going to find something to nitpick no matter what you say. Now,on to something that matters..... I was wondering,any plans in the future of adding Poffo's ICW? It was a small promotion but from the clips I saw was actually fairly groundbreaking with the stuff they did.

Firstly, jsut cause it bugs the **** out of me, it's "selves" themselves, yourself is the only f variation... it's singular. Also, I love DOTT, but, I decided to add some shows, moves, a picture of a calf milking it's mother. And one scoop of cherry ice cream, just to make it the ultimate super duper out of this world don't walk on the grass mod everest in the history of the planet.

[QUOTE=fatallylost]Firstly, jsut cause it bugs the **** out of me, it's "selves" themselves, yourself is the only f variation... it's singular. Also, I love DOTT, but, I decided to add some shows, moves, a picture of a calf milking it's mother. And one scoop of cherry ice cream, just to make it the ultimate super duper out of this world don't walk on the grass mod everest in the history of the planet.[/QUOTE] How nice of you but strawberry icecream is better. And my mother is stronger then your mother. Daniel

Daniel grow up and show some respect to D Boon for putting all the time and effort he has put into this mod as it is, be thankful that he took the time to convert over to wrespi 2 aswell, it may not be a perfect mod, but then what mod is? at least he has provided us with a well polished, enjoyable, almost 100% accurate mod. all your doing is taking the easy way out and just adding your own modifications to what D Boon has done, i'd like to see you try and make a mod just as good as DOTT on your own starting from scratch, because i really don't think you could. I was born in 88 so i really have little to no knowledge of the territory era of wrestling, but i have really enjoyed playing this mod in not just wrespi 2 but also tew05 and wrespi 1 aswell, so show Boon the respect he deserves for making this mod, and also show respect to Adam Ryland, if he hadn't created extreme warfare, wrespi, etc. then the majority of us wouldn't be on this board, and would be stuck playing somewhat dodgy wrestling console games, so thank you D Boon's Ghost for all the time and effort you have put into this mod, and thank you Adam Ryland for creating many enjoyable alternative wrestling games.

Archived