Death of the Territories Released

[center]_______________________ [SIZE=4][B]Wrestling Spirit 2: Death of the Territories[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][B]Author: Eric Baker[/B][/SIZE] [B]with additional contributions by Rick Arnold[/B] [B][U]Adapted from[/U]:[/B] [B]* Wrestling Spirit: D.O.T.T. v1.75 - Authors: Eric Baker & Rick Arnold * TEW05: D.O.T.T. v2.25 - Author: Eric Baker - w/Ryan Russell[/b] _______________________ [B][U]Current Release[/U][/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]v1.25[/COLOR][/B] [B][U]Required Files[/U][/B]: [B]D.O.T.T.exe*[/B] [B][U]Optional Files[/U][/B]: [b]New Scenario Graphics[/b] ** The files can now be found at [url]http://www.poetry-addicts.com/DOTT/[/url] -- thanks to Troy Perry for setting up the page for me. * I've bundled up the entire scenario in a self-extracting .exe file to make it easier on everyone. (Located in the [U]Files section[/U] of the site linked above) ** Please ensure that when installing, you point the destination path into your [B]Wrestling Spirit 2/Data[/B] directory. It will create its own folder in there. Ah, Progess! [B][U]Note[/U][/B]: Please read the [B]WreSpi II DOTT Microsoft Word Document[/B], located in the D.O.T.T. folder. There you will find scenario background information, a history of professional wrestling from 1982-85, a list of alter egos for wrestlers, and full scenario credits. _______________________ [B][size=3][COLOR=Blue]Scenario Details[/COLOR][/B]:[/size] [u][b]Starting Date[/b]:[/u] May, 1983 [b][u]Workers[/u]:[/b] 1047 [b][u]Moves[/u]:[/b] 1959 [b][u]Movesets[/u]:[/b] 635 [b][u]Tag Teams[/u]:[/b] 459 [b][u]Promotion Pacts[/u]:[/b] 105 [u][b]Worker Relationships[/u]:[/b] 1080 [b][u]Titles[/u]:[/b] 112 [b][u]Events[/u]:[/b] 244 [b][u]TV Shows[/u]:[/b] 25 [b][u]Future Promotions[/u]:[/b] 11 [b][u]Promotions[/u][/b]: 30[/center] [b][u][color=Blue]U.S.[/color][/u][/b]: [b]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Traditional/Mid-Atlantic), [b]World Wrestling Federation[/b] (Cult/Sports Entertainment/Tri State), [b]American Wrestling Association[/b] (Cult/Traditional/Mid West), [b]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Traditional/South East), [b]World Class Championship Wrestling[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Mid South), [b]Mid-South Wrestling[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Mid South), [b]Championship Wrestling from Florida[/b] (Regional/Sports Entertainment/South East), [b]Central States[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Mid West), [b]World Wrestling Council[/b] (Regional/Hardcore/Puerto Rico), [b]Championship Wrestling Association[/b] (Regional/Sports Entertainment/South East), [b]Pacific Northwest[/b] (Small/Cutting Edge/North West), [b]Houston Championship Wrestling[/b] (Small/Traditional/Mid South), [b]Southwest Championship Wrestling[/b] (Small/Hardcore/Mid South), [b]Southeastern Championship Wrestling[/b] (Small/Traditional/South East), [b]Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling[/b] (Small/Women’s T&A/South West), [b]Detroit Championship Wrestling[/b] (Small/Sports Entertainment/Great Lakes), [b]Polynesian Pro Wrestling[/b] (Local/Family Friendly/South West) [b][u][color=Red]Canada[/color][/b][/u]: [b]Maple Leaf Promotions[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Ontario), [b]Calgary Stampede[/b] (Regional/Hybrid/The Prairies), [b]International Wrestling Montreal[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Quebec), [b]Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling[/b] (Smal/Traditional: Seasonal/The Maritimes), [b]All-Star Wrestling[/b] (Small/Sports Entertainment/British Columbia) [b][u][color=Green]Mexico[/color][/u][/b]: [b]Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre[/b] (National/Lucha Traditional/Northern Mexico), [b]Universal Wrestling Association[/b] (Small/Lucha Entertainment/West Central Mexico) [b][u][color=Blue]U.K.[/color][/u][/b]: [b]Joint Promotions[/b] (National/Traditional/South U.K.), [b]All Star Wrestling[/b] (Small/Hybrid/Midlands) [b][u][color=Red]Japan[/color][/u][/b]: [b]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Traditional/Kanto), [b]All-Japan Pro Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Pure/Kanto), [b]All Japan Women’s Pro Wrestling[/b] (Small/Women’s Competitive/Kanto), [B]Universal Pro-Wrestling Federation[/B] (Small/Pure/Kanto) [center]_______________________ As always: My work is a tribute to those wrestlers that I knew and appreciated when younger. In no way do I mean to disrespect, nor demean the work these people plied. I hope you enjoy. _______________________ [B][size=3]Coming Soon -- [COLOR=Blue]DOTT: Legends[/color][/size][/b] _______________________[/center] [B]Power to the Imagination![/B]

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to thank Rick Arnold for his contributions in getting the scenario foundation set and shaped. Without his fickle enthusiasm for the project, I may not have been inspired enough to see it through at the pace I did. [I]Thanks for the testing, cretin.[/I] ;) ------------- And to those of you that might enjoy this scenario while playing the demo, consider putting aside the money for the retail version, if possible. Cold hard cash is the best way to ensure that Adam sees that, 'Kayfabe Sells!' :) ------------- Also... keep in mind that this scenario is a composite of the end of the territorial era; 1982-1985. I've taken liberties with wrestlers, personalities, and rosters in the game world to shape what I feel to be an entertaining starting scenario. I've included a handful of rookies-to-be; Chris Benoit, Vampiro, etc. - if you wish to play as one of those guys, you'll have to go into the editor and fudge their birthdates. Thanks for the interest.

Wow, I'm so happy that I'm up so early this morning, just so I can be the first person to say thank you... Thank you! ;) I'm sure this is as awesome, and even though it has large clown-type shoes to fill, I'm sure that it will be even better on Wrespi 2 then it was on the original. Thank you very much for you hard work! Thank you both Eric and Rick! -edit- I was so excited, I spelt Eric wrong.... Wow, that was harsh.

Love it - love it - love it. Just finished working Harley Race's legs over in the Mid Atlantic with Naitch. By the third match of the fued he was struggling... WOO! Cannon fodder for the figure four. Learn to live with it, learn to love it, diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair! Well done guys, awesome stuff.

:) Love this. My rookie is at C- in Mid South and E in South East, F everywhere else. Currently working for MSW and WCCW. Five-Time champion in MSW [the lowest title - I've forgotten the name] already :D Held a couple of other titles as well, and I'm doing well thus far! Went through a heavy losing streak at the start though, but that was expected. LOVE THIS!

I like the fact that all the worker pictures have been standardised, are you planning to do the same for the move pictures too? Really enjoyed the matches I've had so far with this mod, good stuff. :) Oh, just out of curiosity, in Brian Knobs' bio is mentions his awful finisher...but all of his finishers seem to be pretty good. What was it in reference to?

[QUOTE=mizzou24]i dload it and now i cant even play wre spi 2 at all it keeps coming up with error can someone tell me what i did???[/QUOTE] Can you be more specific, mizzou? You downloaded it, pointed the install path into your GDS\Wrestling Spirit\Data directory, installed it, and... ? What errors pop up? You'll get invalid data notifications on the 5 or 6 guys too young for the database (Benoit, Jericho, etc.), but that shouldn't prevent you from playing it. [QUOTE=Adam]I like the fact that all the worker pictures have been standardised, are you planning to do the same for the move pictures too? Oh, just out of curiosity, in Brian Knobs' bio is mentions his awful finisher...but all of his finishers seem to be pretty good. What was it in reference to?[/QUOTE] That should have been 'stupidest moves ever', heh; The Pit Stop. On the graphics - thanks. Ryan Russell provided that profile background and I like it a lot. It also plays into my complete lack of detail cutting skills, as I can easily hack out a pic and slap it on the background. :) I hadn't really thought of the move pics, but it's a darned good idea. Thanks, again! :)

If you want to be on the safe side, install the D.O.T.T.exe to your Desktop - or somewhere you can easily retrieve it. You can then cut the D.O.T.T. folder and paste it directly where it belongs - in the [B]C:\Program Files\GDS\Wrestling Spirit 2\Data[/B] ... or wherever you install WreSpi 2.

Archived