Favourite Storyline To Book?

We've all had storylines that we absolutely loved booking. I've enjoyed many storylines, but off the top of my head - I really enjoyed booking a tag feud.

Future X (face) were my tag team champions and held an open challenge for the titles, accepted by The American Cobras (face). The American Cobras won and had a complete personality change and started displaying over-confident, heelish behaviours. They were constantly challenged by Future X to a rematch, but would continue to reject the challenge, until they turned heel and attacked them after a match. They would sneak away from three championship matches as champions - one by count out, by disqualification and by a tainted finish. Future X would eventually regain the titles after chasing them for about 6 months. It's rather basic, but I had never seen the American Cobras as a heel tag team before, and they really bloomed as heels.

I also replicated the Mickie-Trish storyline with Amber Allen and Melody, leading to Amber breaking Melody's 222 day record setting reign, and setting a new record at 280 days. I really loved that storyline.

What has been your favourite storyline to book so far?

We've all had storylines that we absolutely loved booking. I've enjoyed many storylines, but off the top of my head - I really enjoyed booking a tag feud.

Future X (face) were my tag team champions and held an open challenge for the titles, accepted by The American Cobras (face). The American Cobras won and had a complete personality change and started displaying over-confident, heelish behaviours. They were constantly challenged by Future X to a rematch, but would continue to reject the challenge, until they turned heel and attacked them after a match. They would sneak away from three championship matches as champions - one by count out, by disqualification and by a tainted finish. Future X would eventually regain the titles after chasing them for about 6 months. It's rather basic, but I had never seen the American Cobras as a heel tag team before, and they really bloomed as heels.

I also replicated the Mickie-Trish storyline with Amber Allen and Melody, leading to Amber breaking Melody's 222 day record setting reign, and setting a new record at 280 days. I really loved that storyline.

What has been your favourite storyline to book so far?

I have so many, I was actually about to start a similar thread lol, but regardless, I think the one I want to post right away is my all time favorite TEW moment;

THE RISE OF YABO THE CLOWN

BACKSTORY: To set the stage, were in TEW 2016, December 2019 IRL, and I always would have these Local To Global 0/0/0/0 (0 money, 0 prestige, 0 popularity, 0 momentum) saves but I would barley get into them before losing my attention, so this was the last Current RW data to do it in, I was ready to go! I founded The TRI-STAR WRESTLING CIRCUIT (TWC) in my hometown, and much of the save was played in discord calls with my friends, specifically non-wrestling friends, this is relevant I swear. The big thing that I did with this save was have big characters and would ask my friends either "Pick a random number" type of moments or have them pick gimmicks for the signings. I'm legit proud of a lot of the stuff in here, both for good booking & just because its funny, such as Allie Kat becoming the most over wrestler on the planet (Male or Female) Eric BugenHagen's Twitch Themed Stable "The Gamer House", Communists Orange Cassidy (Red Cassidy), and of course I got my own personal nWo stable (complete with The Rock hitting me with the rock bottom, gotta get me over brother), but Yabo is just another level.

Yabo The Clown (Indy out of Illinois, home town hero of course) was hired soley because one of my friends thought it was a funny idea, and as Joker has just come out, he got a lame joker parody gimmick, but by the end of the save (Dec 2019 - Jan 2023) He would become the biggest success story, even comparable to Allie Kat.

2020: Yabo The Clown would debut at *MYIRLNAME* Birthday Bash, in a losing effort against Navy Blue. He would spend the rest of the first half of 2020 building to a losing effort against TWC Circuit Champ Stephen Wolf, he would redeem himself by winning the first ever Pro Circuit Invitational! Unfortunately the rematch with Wolf would also be unsuccessful at October's Lamia's Curse Event. To end out the year, to our WrestleMania Triversary I, Yabo entered a long feud with Cody Hall. Yabo would entertain the paying audiences children by doing bad clown gimmicks and telling them life sucks, THIS seemed to get on Mr. Hall's nerves, and he beat him up in front of the kids! He even put him through the part favor table! This lead to him getting revenge by putting Cody Hall into a table of his own in a table match.

2021:A huge leap for us as we went 88 fans to 600 by the end of the year, immediately Yabo would find a similar suffering soul to his own in Colby Corino, after a quick time convincing Corino to form "The Society Rejected" and after finalizing Yabo's feud with Hall, they went on a quest to become the first ever TWC Tag Team Circuit Champions! Standing in their way? Catch Point (Hot Sauce Tracy Williams, Fred Yehi, & Chris Dickinson) and in the first ladder match ever (for the new titles no less) ALMOST get the titles, but came just short after Yehi interferes after winning the main title, they got all the gold! Catch Point would cheat and duck them over the rest of the year, with the only other note being Yabo just barley losing the chance to win the Pro Circuit back to back, getting merc'd by the debuting Tommy End (Who would beat Yehi the following month). Finally, at Triversary II, The Society Rejected FINALLY won the titles after winning a 2/3 falls match, ending the big show with the titles raised in front out of a sellout crowd.

2022 (The Sad Year): The Society Rejected would go on to hold the gold for a solid 5 months before being completely blind sided by the Gentlemen's Club (Johnny Gargano & Jack Gallagher (Pre-Cancellation, please take this into account for other of a similar nature as again, it was played in December 2019)), and even worse for Yabo, Colby Corino seemed to be completely done with the team, and despite a pleading Yabo, Corino claimed he "Just needed time alone". Yabo cared about his friend however, and gave him that space, going onto another solo run, however he experienced some real post-WM 28 John Cena luck, losing in the first round of the Pro Circuit, and losing a majority of his matches and not even receiving any title opportunities, not the APEX Alliance Titles, not the new Television Title, and definitely not the (now) World Championship. As long as Colby got in a right head space and returned to the team, everything was worth it, right? WRONG! Colby returned to Yabo at Do You Remember? 2022 (September, wacka wacka!) only to beat him down, saying he found a new tag partner, who might that be? CODY HALL, who would continue his feud with the local hero of TWC and Colby would agree to wrestle him at TWC Lamia's Curse the following month. That match would see Yabo again denied as Colby Corino got the much needed assist from BOBBY LASHLEY, officially joining Todd Pettengill's Cuck Club (don't ask). Lashley would challenge Yabo to a match at Triversary III, a no DQ match to be specific, with the loser being FIRED! Obviously the PCC seemed to think this would be the easiest match of their lives, but an aging Bobby and the unstoppable fighting spirit of Yabo would see him finally win a big match that year. Not only that but Yabo managed to stop Miley Cyrus, (in the house to sing the national anthem) from singing a forced rendition of American Males, and backstage talked our "Special Guest Host" of the night "Actress' Janice Griffith to join him on a celebratory night on the town. (Remember when I said I used friend suggestion for things, yeah this who that came to be.)

2023 (The Clowning Achievement): At Triversary III, we had a huge heel turn that would defy the next year of booking, ME! A Triple Threat Main Event World Title match between Matt Riddle, Champion El Nuevo Rey (Kalisto), and CHAD Betts (CHAD Gable, can you tell what storyline he was in at the time?) was going just fine, Riddle even had the match one, I swear I just wanted a closer view! I didn't mean to hit him with a chair, then giving one to Chad as well :p, after costing the #1 Bro, The Mega Stable had been created, The Republic (ME, CHAD, The Miz, Samoa Joe, Heath Miller (Slater) "Righteous Robert Roode (they formed the team of Country Money), and KANA) had been formed. I took this company to the top, not with Allie Kat and Yabo, but with all the talent I stole, it was all me dammit! New signing AJ Styles seemed to think this a problem, coming to El Nuevo Rey's aid after his rematch at the next months PPV, but he shook my hand! swerve! take that marks! I know what your think, what's this got to do with Yabo? Yabo would be leading a whole contingency of TWC originals against The Republic, saying after driving out Lashley, he would rid TWC of these invaders that didn't take the company to heights it was at now (Cult, soon to be National). The problem was Yabo was ruthlessly beaten down at every TV show, at was forced into a month long feud with Catch Point from the evil booker man (me). At the *MYIRLNAME* Birthday Bash (The main event is a MITB gimmick), Yabo had barley earned a spot in the six man Full Metal Mayhem match, and the best part, he had denied Heath Miller his spot, and much of the Republic was either too busy, or were taken out over the previous weeks, both by Yabo and a mysterious figure. This was the moment he was waiting for, it was all clear for Yabo The Clown to earn that coveted title match!

Then Jon Moxley Happened...

Yabo and the rest of the group was taken completely off-guard as Moxley made his TWC debut, revealing himself as having taken out Samoa Joe and Miz, and HE would be the won to win the Ultimate Birthday Wish. Moxley would go on to win the Television Title (Just because he could) the following night, and set out to aim for the Republic full sail, except Yabo didn't take kindly to that idea. Yabo told Moxley he was a fake, a weak projection that was a joke, and most importantly, just another reject that wanted some time in the sun here in TWC, Yabo The Clown's house HE helped build. Thus began a 4 month long war between the two, first blood match, lights out match, teaming together against The Republic, he was vicious, and in the end...Moxley won, keeping his title shot, but he had earned the "respect" if you can call it that, of Mr. Moxley. Finally June, The Pro Circut Invitational, Yabo NEEDED to win if he could ever call himself a true wrestler, and he proved that with a win over Heath, a win over Miz, win over Nuevo Rey, and finally, AJ Styles stood in his way, the match was one of Yabo's best, this match in game really pushed him to become a main event star, but he still lost, but something interesting happened that had HUGE ramifications down the line. AJ HAD TO CHEAT, he nearly lost to the clown, THE CLOWN, and CHAD (still the champ) was not happy, Yabo The Clown had created a crack in The Republic, and he didn't even know it yet. Yabo would assert that the tournament was stolen from him, that he needed to face CHAD, and eventually at Do You Remember? 2023, he finally did get that match, you know who else got that match? Jon Moxley. You know who managed to walk out of the match champion? Jon Moxley. After all that, Yabo could have become like his former friend, Colby Corino (who urged him to do so) but he chose a different path, no more did he blame society, or The Republic, or even Moxley, he began the real path to greatness, beating all that had wronged him on his path to the rematch with Moxley. He beat Colby, beat Hall, beat Tommy End who beat him all those years ag, he finally beat AJ to avenge the injustice in June, and even beat CHAD to earn himself a title match at TWC Triversary IV. Sold Out Crowd, the Legendary Wrigley Field (This is in December btw, I don't care if your cold sit down and buy the merch mark), and he went one on one with World Heavyweight Champion, Jon Moxley! No Republic (A massive split had happened with Camp CHAD and Camp AJ, who formed T.O.P with Samoa Joe and Miz), not outside interference, no jokes, no excuses. And with the Tight Rope Leg Drop, right in the center of the ring...

Yabo The Clown, FINALLY, won the TWC World Heavyweight Championship (96, so close to MOTY).

and such the save came to an end, we hit Global the same week the show aired. Best natural end to a save that has ever been crafted. Also the friend that choose to sign Yabo? He got a good chuckle out of it, mission accomplished.

In a previous TEW I had Tommy Cornell and Wolf Hawkins feud over the TCW World Title. They were both part of the Syndicate. Wolf won it but there was soon dissention with him and Cornell. Cornell turned face. Wolf was an absolute cowardly champ - DQs, countouts, cheating wins, avoiding challengers etc. Tommy gets the title back and it turns out to be a farce, he's the same old heel he ever was. Meanwhile Wolf decides he wants a shot at redemption, a chance to be an honorable champ. So the feud continues but they are on opposite sides.

Oh and Human Arsenal was the lieutenant for whichever one was the heel at the time and I think he was as if not more over than them in that role.

• Like 1

A second one was stolen from the second Thrawn book series. Sorta. The theme of hiring an actor to portray an inspirational leader.

So Sammy Bach leads a stable. Think House of Black or Judgment Day (or Ministry of Darkness). He's the degenerate rock god amped up with occult imagery and powers. He has a stable including Demonseed (Brandon James) Johnny Greed and BLZ Bubb. Its a resounding success with Bach elevating himself to the SWF World title.

The main feud is with Valiant.

One week on TV Bach isn't there because of a medical emergency with his daughter. Its revealed his daughter has a rare disease. Valiant decides to investigate. One week the show begins with Valiant savagely beating Johnny Greed. He is absolutely beside himself. He is sent home and suspended. So why is he destroying a minion?

The next week we find out. Johnny Greed is the leader of this movement. He promised Bach that in return for acting in his role as rock god leader that he would set up Bach's daughter with special doctors that could cure his daughter. Except they weren't doing anything except making her sick. Valiant calls out Bach and says its all been a lie. They are making her sick to ensure his loyalty. Bach quits his position and he teams with Valiant to take on Greed's group.

The Comedy division in my current CGC game has been a delight to book, especially since it became essentially one long storyline from February 2004 to November 2005. And still going.

The babyfaces? Thomas Morgan and Ted Moore; The Heist! An Ocean's 11/Pinky and the Brain inspired tag team who have popped in and out of CGC since 1998. Originally heels, I had so much fun with their wacky schemes to steal matches, titles, and priceless artifacts, that I had to turn them babyface.

The heel? Detective Dick Valentine, a burly policeman looking to put them behind bars. Any signs of cheating, no matter how goofy or lovable, would get them in trouble...

The feud has had it all. Stakeouts. Interrogations. The Heist stole Whippy the Clown's magic bucket. Valentine recruited Whippy (first as a witness, then sending him to police academy). Whippy turned on Valentine to join The Heist. Valentine framed The Heist for stealing The Musketeer's hats. The Heist moved the hats to frame Valentine instead.

At Last Man Standing 2004, Detective Valentine finally got what he wanted, defeating Thomas Morgan in a Paddy Wagon match, putting him in the back of a squad car and sending him to jail. In 'reality', Morgan was sick of being a midcard comedy act, and refused to re-sign with the company.

Ted Moore almost suffered a similar fate, but Whippy replaced the squad car with a clown car at the last second, whisked him away, and disguised him as 'Teddy the Clown'. Somehow, this had Valentine completely fooled, even as he waged war on Whippy. The Musketeers weren't fooled, however, and over the next few months tried and failed and tried again to expose the deception... finally succeeding at WrestleFestival 2005. Six weeks later, Detective Valentine defeated Ted Moore in a Paddy Wagon match to send him to jail.

Story over?

Nope.

Detective Valentine entered the Ultimate Showdown Series (my G1 ripoff). The loser gets banished, and Valentine was losing badly. He needed help. He needed to... steal points. So he went to visit the only master thief who ever impressed him; Ted Moore (despite him definitely being the 'Pinky' of the Heist). Visiting Moore in jail, in a shameless Silence of the Lambs parody, Valentine learned to steal just enough points to survive, and the pair slowly became friends. So when The Musketeers turned on Valentine for not arresting Flex (for being too sexy) there was only one man the formerly crooked cop trusted to back him up; Prisoner 24601 aka Ted Moore.

Actually "trusted" is a strong word. Valentine spends most of their tag matches trying to make sure the handcuffed and leg-shackled Moore doesn't make a break for it.

... and this is where I'm at. November 2005. Almost two years of cause and effect and movie parodies and gimmicky cartoony nonsense. I wonder what will happen next.

and this is where I'm at. November 2005. Almost two years of cause and effect and movie parodies and gimmicky cartoony nonsense. I wonder what will happen next.

Sometimes the best storylines are the ones that develop naturally, where the writer wonders what's next? As long as it doesn't involve a major promise you can't deliver on (Black Scorpion, "Higher Power").

I had John (Squeeky) McClean and Primus (Allen) as a lackey tag team that failed to accomplish their goals but I decided to have them bond and be loyal to each other despite taking abuse from their leader (and eventually getting kicked out). I didn't figure they had to be faces in order for the loyalty to work but eventually I pulled the trigger. They became tag champs too. Not planned.

I also signed Dan Stone once and had him do an old school "gumshoe" gimmick complete with the narrative voice. He started in the Chase agency but was actually working undercover.

My favorite is Dan Severn going from being a tag team game to my IWGP Heavyweight Champion all because of a 100 rated match vs Kobashi skyrocketing his pop from like 82 to 88. I didn't think he'd be much more over than that until the G1 set him up at like 92. I said "Aw screw it, he's 44. Over as hell. An elite worker (98 tech/90 psych/88 basics etc.) so he beat Kensuke Sasaki and has been a great champ getting a nice little reign.
  • Like 1

My favourite storyline that I've booked is still ongoing and is a sort of hybrid CM Punk / Cody Rhodes storyline involving Aaron Andrews. When the game starts, he's TCW champion for the third time but I wanted him out of the title scene for a while, so I booked him to lose a series to Jay Chord. He lost the title in their first match and lost the rematch. Chord goaded him into agreeing never to challenge for the title again if he didn't win the third match. Andrews agreed due to ego, saying if he couldn't beat Chord once out of three then he didn't deserve to be champ. He lost. Clean this time after shenanigans in the first two matches.

After that, he spent some time in the upper midcard having decent feuds and matches but never getting near the title. Andrews' ego couldn't handle not being the ace and he began a long search for relevance. He reteamed with Chance Fortune and they won the tag titles, he won the International title, won a trios tournament with KC Glenn and Ernest Youngman, but it wasn't enough. Andrews then started to latch onto up-and-coming youngsters (including Glenn and Youngman, plus Frankie-Boy Fernandes and James Diaz). His entourage grew to include his girlfriend Jasmine Saunders and returning legend Liberty (James Justice) as his manager. None of this was enough for Aaron.

He desperately wanted to get back into the World title mix, challenging Chord to get the stipulation reversed. He finally beat Chord, but Chord, ever the villain, refused to recind the stip. About this time, Andrews' contract was close to coming up. He got into the ring alone, and told the crowd how he regretted ever taking the stipulation, has done everything to try to overturn it, but couldn't. He's always been TCW's ace and poster boy, but he's thinking the unthinkable. He's thinking he might leave when his contract is up as the only way to win a World title is with another company.

I signed him to a new contract, but in kayfabe, it was still ending. On the last night of his old contract, he had a match against the World champion, Mr. Lucha III and won clean. He said he wanted to prove himself one last time. But, then he turned heel, said this proves he is good enough, he's just beaten the World champion, so he should be the champ. With that, he took the belt and vanished.

Next show, Mr. Lucha vacated the World title, saying Andrews was right, he lost the match and no longer deserves to be champion. A tournament was announced to crown a new champion. The tournament lasted a couple of months and when Greg Gauge won the thing, Andrews turned up with the old title belt, and said that Gauge is a paper champion and Andrews is the real World champ.

This is where I'm at now and the plan is to have a unification match down the line and that Andrews will agree to a new (kayfabe) contract if the stipulation is removed. It's also kickstarted a Mr. Lucha heel turn, as he only made the quarter finals of the tournament, and feels that giving up the title honourably got him nowhere. This storyline has been going over four years now and probably has another year to run. It's easily the longest and most fun storyline I've booked.

• Like 1

When you're booking some of these storylines, do you split them up into separate storylines in game titled Part 1, Part 2 for instance or do you just have one storyline running for 6-12 months and add in different workers?

One thing I've struggled with is telling a 6-12 month story between two workers because they can't always be invovled with each other. Look at real life. Kane and Undertaker arguably had a storyline that ran for over ten years, but it wasn't a constant thing. They just kept coming back to each other periodically.

I would argue the best storyline I've told was Val Venis v Owen Hart on TEW 2016 on a 1998 mod. The two of them had a match at King of the Ring. Hart won. Venis cost him his title shot. The fought again and Venis won. They were then forced to team together and inadvertently became tag champions. Over time, they came to respect and like each other and gave themselves the name Breaking (Owen using the Sharpshooter) & Entering (Venis.... you know...) and were the top team for around 6 months. When they finally lost the titles and Owen started getting more singles success, Venis couldn't take it, cost Hart the WWF title opportunity again and the two were set to meet at Mania to settle the score. Owen once again came out victorious, but as he started to leave the ring, a tearful Venis grabbed him, shook his hand, hugged him and raised his hand in victory. They both returned to singles competition, teaming occasionally when needed. The success of this storyline made both main eventers.

When you're booking some of these storylines, do you split them up into separate storylines in game titled Part 1, Part 2 for instance or do you just have one storyline running for 6-12 months and add in different workers?

For me it varies. Depends what makes the most sense logically/what is most convenient from a game standpoint at the time. If I've had a big story running with a few participants, I might just end the story if I have enough "hot" storylines active. I just find it less cumbersome than removing and adding lots of workers individually.

If it's a smaller list of participants and it makes sense logically I'll micro manage it. E.g in my current game Jay Chord starts in a storyline with Sammy Bach. When that feud was over and it was time to move onto Chord challenging for the world title I just removed Bach and added Aaron Andrews in his place. This makes sense to me because I see Jay Chord's pursuit of the World Title as one continuing story, so keeping that heat on the storyline works in that scenario and it wasn't too much work to swap out one worker for another. Chord has now moved on to defending the belt against Joshua Taylor and again I just removed Andrews and added in Taylor - he's just the latest supporting characters in Jay Chord's story. When the time comes for Aaron Andrews to challenge again he'll be slotted right back in.

One thing I've struggled with is telling a 6-12 month story between two workers because they can't always be invovled with each other. Look at real life. Kane and Undertaker arguably had a storyline that ran for over ten years, but it wasn't a constant thing. They just kept coming back to each other periodically.

If I was booking that feud out over that period of time those storylines would definitely have ended and restarted numerous times. It's not really one storyline, it's several that link back into the characters' backstory and history together.

I tend to keep the storyline going, adding and removing workers as the story evolves until it no longer resembles the original story in any way. I only really use the in-game Storyline feature because my product penalises my main events if I don't.

Now, if Storylines had some kind of Hall of the Immortals element, where awesome stories that get hot (and stay hot) are picked out and celebrated...or if you could assign a writer/producer to stories.... or if endings mattered more... then I'd probably start & stop a lot more often.

If I was booking that feud out over that period of time those storylines would definitely have ended and restarted numerous times. It's not really one storyline, it's several that link back into the characters' backstory and history together.

That makes sense. I suppose the storyline function can be used to indicate chapters of a feud.

Now, if Storylines had some kind of Hall of the Immortals element, where awesome stories that get hot (and stay hot) are picked out and celebrated...or if you could assign a writer/producer to stories.... or if endings mattered more... then I'd probably start & stop a lot more often.

That's a great idea! Or at least an annual award for it like we see in reality.

I was gonna say a end of the year feud for TEW would be cool but the AI would probably book the stupidest feuds of all time, but I then realized that wasn't a bad thing, it would make me laugh, so I know want that so bad.

Less of one story and more of an archetype I usually fall into because for some reason I find it funny. I love over the top cartoony stables, like the Dungeon of Doom, or the Wyatt Family (more over the top then cartoony), or just a group that pushes Kayfabe with actual magic or mind control or something like that, and then have a Kurt Angle or Brock Lesnar type character come in and just beat the crap out of them. I have no idea why I think this is so funny to book, but I've done it so many times. I think its just the nature of wrestling where you have a guy like the undertaker talk about death and Armageddon and then have an Olympic gold medalist say: "Ok lol" and put said mysterious figure in a leg lock.

A recent version of this trope is the Children Of The Sport in APW, a group consisting of White Wasp, Lothar Prellinger, & The Great Sora (The Great Avatar), and Pumpkin Jack, who worship The Goddess Nike (Vicki Company) the protector of Sports (Entertainment). She promises to rid Australia and the World of Hardcore & Professional (Wrestling) filth. It's literally just one (Bad) joke at RAW's expense. The title reigns will be moderate, the success moderate, but the ending angle where a new signing kills everyone in a one on one match with 4 run ins will be worth the wait.

One of my favorite storylines I have booked was from my created company starting from day 1 and lasting more than 2 years.

I had Paul London run a God complex gimmick aligning himself with Marty the Moth Martinez as his disciple as The Cleansing. Then I had him talk about a prophecy regarding the 7 deadly sins, saying that he will cleanse opponents of their sins and will defeat all of the sinners.

1. Gluttony - defeating the 400lbs Acey Romero

2. Sloth - defeating Pineapple Pete stating he took the easy way and selecting to be a comedy character for his entire career

3. Greed - defeating Athrun Amada who came to Pete's assistance and did a High spot jump on Marty in order to take him out in a No DQ tag match, Paul saying Athrun only thinks about himself and not about what he could have done to Marty. Ironically Paul will get rid of Marty upon his return sacrificing him by throwing him oh a scaffolding when he came to Paul's aid in the match vs Athrun.

4. Lust - defeating Effy and Allie Kat who teamed up in an overly sexual expressive Team BUSSY.

5. Envy - defeating Jasper Kaun who was teaming with Ezra Judge(EJ Nduka) by making Ezra turn on Kaun as he was getting jealous of Kaun always taking the spotlight. Paul brought Christopher Daniels in implying that they will team up against Kaun and Ezra but (as also Daniels was retired) the plan all along was for Ezra to turn. Ezra then also aligned with Paul and Daniels as their disciple/heater believing in their cause. Also Daniels (with his Fallen Angel past) and Ezra (whose name means something similar to 'God helps') fitted in well.

6. Pride - defeating Killer Kelly and Queen Aminata, who both took pride in their roots instead of making a name for themselves.

7. Wrath - Finally Paul set his sight on World Champion Schaff by interrupting the Anniversary Show main event title match between him and Effy. Paul insisted that he can make Schaff unleash his wrath. Daniels and Ezra at one point kidnapped Allie Kat who along with Effy aligned with Schaff in their fight versus The Cleansing. In an I quit match between Paul and Schaff it came down to the 2 on a Scaffolding. Schaff made Paul quit not intending to throw Paul off, but as Ezra came out with Allie threatening to hurt her just as Paul quit, Schaff unleashed his wrath by throwing him off. Schaff came down with Paul still manically laughing while Daniels came out to state that this was all part of their plan as they did not want to the World title at all, but wanted Schaff to unleash his wrath as part of a Deadly sins ritual to summon their master. Lights went out and then DAMIAN (Priest) came and took out Schaff. From this on, DAMIAN went on a rampage becoming World Champion and leading The Cleansing into a Reign of terror over the company (This being the point where I am at now).

i absolutely love that storyline, i hope it continues for you

mine is aalways a anti-jardcore/death match wrestler comes in and wins part of the company to eliminate all deathmatch wrestling, then for a few months, the deathmatch ioriginals rise up to take back thier company, its so easy and fun to book and works every time for me

• 2 weeks later...

MAW 2023.

I was struggling with my heels not being successful enough compared to my top faces. So I imagined Miller Fforde, who had just lost the MAW Championship, as a good top heel contender. Before I threw him back into the title picture, I wanted to keep him busy for a while.

Before he turned, he stopped being in the ring and focused on supporting title challenger Frantic Ali. At Where It All Begins Again, Ali wins and Miller Fforde turns on him.

A few days later, on Rampage, the TV show, he announced that he was fed up with the new guys from TCW, that they had too much privilege and there were far too many of them (in fact, I had created a title for them several months earlier, the MAW University Championship). He feels that MAW has sold its ass to TCW and is no longer relevant. So he, who is the soul of MAW, is going to put the business back in order.

In the following weeks, he beats up several members of TCW. He becomes their fear and they almost avoid going to the ring. As a result they form a clan, The Academy. Fforde does the same, The MAW Order is born.

For a year, the two clans grow, they fight, they win and lose but neither of them gets the upper hand. Titles are involved and the storyline takes up all the space in the company. So much so that soon all the titles are occupied by either The Academy or The MAW Order. Never have they had all the titles at once. But at Where It All Begins Again, The Academy makes an incredible move. With no titles before the show (not counting the University Title), they end up with the entire championship. The MAW Order had the Tag Team Title and the American Title. The Main Event was Miller Fforde vs. Seth Whitehead vs. "I Can't Remember Who" (the one month transitional champion who was leaving for a bigger company). All matches were won by members of The Academy.

As a result, many of my TCW graduates moved up the card quickly as my upper midcard became too competitive, giving a reason to grow The MAW Order. Miller Fforde remained my best worker all year and six months later, he finally won the championship ... which he would return to less than a month later by signing to the ... TCW. Fair enough.

I really enjoyed this storyline and it took me a year to finish what was supposed to be three months, six at the most. I was so proud to see my youngsters so high on the card, even ahead of some of the company's veterans.

• 1 year later...

Coming back to this thread to bring up the latest storyline that I've LOVED booking. 

I started a CV97 save as HGC, and I immediately signed Catherine Quine to a written contract because I knew I was going to have a women's division within a few years, and I wanted to build up her popularity, while simultaneously allowing her to wrestle for AAA so that she could build up her skills. For about the first two-ish months, she would throw t-shirts into the crowd, be in angles with some of the male wrestlers, promote the magazine, etc and then I ended up signing her real-life boyfriend, Alex Braun. I paired the two together, and had a good formula of male wrestler harassing Quine, Braun making the save, then grudge match. 

After a while, I wanted to continue to build up some of the other women's popularity for a future women's division, and so I signed Wanda Fish. Fish was brought in as a face, and had a good relationship with Quine after her debut. A couple of months later, it was becoming more and more evident that Fish had a thing for Braun, going as far as kissing him on the cheek at one point, but that whole plot was cooled down when Quine told her to not cross the line, and Fish apologised. There wasn't much happening for a few months after that. They usually just had backstage segments with one another, or sometimes they'd do bikini contests at events, but nothing really major.

That was, until, Alex Braun got injured. The night of it happening, Fish rushed to his locker-room to check if he was okay, which was a bit weird for Quine & Braun, but they didn't think too much of it. While he was injured, Tommy Cornell (who was responsible for the injury) continued to try and make moves on Catherine Quine, and ended up kissing her, but Quine almost immediately pushed him off. Fish came across this footage, and left out the footage of Quine pushing Cornell off, and so, when Braun came back from injury, she showed it to him, which nearly caused a split between Quine and Braun. Braun eventually found out what really happened, and Fish apologised because she thought she was trying to help - Braun said it was okay, but Quine was noticeably annoyed and pretty much gave her evil glances over the next few months, Fish would continue to act overly friendly with Braun, and Quine was getting uncomfortable, but Braun would tell her that nothing would happen between them. 

Fish nearly became obsessed with Braun, which ended up creeping him out and he said that he and Fish shouldn't be friends anymore, because she was being way too full-on, which obviously upset Fish. Cut to the next bikini contest between Quine & Fish (also involving Joanne Rodriguez and Raven Nightfall since I signed them too), Quine won the contest and Fish finally snapped and turned heel by attacking Catherine Quine, clearly jealous of her. The two would have catfights back and forth over the next few months and Fish would try and manage male wrestlers to take out Braun, but they never could. This is all leading up to the first ever women's HGC match at Hollyweird. 

• Like 3

I never go much into detail on storylines as I mainly book performance promotions, but my (short) HGC game also had me sign those exact people: Cat, Wanda, Raven & Farah. They started off as managers until they were ready for some 1v1's and intergender tags. A division came a little later. Raven seemed a fit for Blzbubb, Farah/Victoria for the sports stable, and Wanda for Sam Strong's big friend. 

For my 2016 port: Recently established the SWF Network for RIPW shows and events but wanted a B show that wasn’t just Main Event/AEW Dark for throwaway matches.

Enter SWF Friday Night Funhouse, a kid-friendly show hoping to revitalize the family friendly fan experience lost to USPW and Lobster Warrior’s heel turn. Like most children’s programming it’s full of loud sounds and bright colors and over the top performances, inspired by Saturday Morning Slam.

I’m using the show to book Captain Atomic as the top singles face and “main character” while he continues to wrestle as a tag team guy on Supreme TV. He usually gets a villain of the week, pulling from the midcard pool of heels like Big Smack Scott, James Prudence or John Greed. One thing I really liked about early network NXT taking lower end guys like Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel or Titus O’Neil and presenting them as a big deal while simultaneously maintaining their character history. It also makes an appearance by a major star like Jack Bruce or even high end midcarder like Joe Sexy all the more special. 

Ultimately, the goal is to take guys with family friendly gimmicks and build up their younger fanbase while the top of the card is full, starting with Captain Atomic, with Robbie Retro and Marshall Dillon on deck. 

as for the rest of the show, I’ve added over the top characters like Zeus Maxmillion, Super Ninja, Hugh de Aske and Spike, while mixing in more gimmicky main roster jobbers like Monty Trescarde, Jimmy Hernandez and Sammy Smoke. 

• Like 2

I run Lucha Underground style promotions. The ring work is work rate but the characters are over the top. I'm currently in a Road to Glory challenge save with Dark Karnival Wrestling. Where Plague is the owner and ring master with his crew of evil circus freaks. And the belts are all made from ancient artifacts. There are tag teams of warrior nuns, supernatural hunters, and the henchment to The Masked Mauler who runs EVIL Inc. a competing evil faction. At some point I'll do my rise of the four horseman of the apocalypse story and untie the good and evil to stop the end of the world.

• Like 1

The King Snake Saga (SWF)

Part 1: Valiant gets corrupted into being the cult leader King Snake by John Greed (w/ Scythe). His old nemesis Rogue is shook because even though he's no hero he always had a little faith that Valiant was evidence that heroes still exist. Rogue, in an attempt to bring Valiant back, leads a group against the King Snake group. They successfully defeat the Serpant which leads to part 2. 

Part 2: Reeling from the setbacks King Snake attempts to "resurrect" Vengeance (it's explained as theatrics, not actual summoning). Vengeance arrives but starts to take over the group. King Snake is jealous but he also seems a little put off by the absolute evil of Vengeance. Rogue continues to fight against the group as Vengeance continues to be ruthless. It comes to a head when Vengeance demands King Snake prove his loyalty. He kidnaps Rogue, ties him to an altar and hands King Snake a torch. Rogue says "I'm no hero but I refuse to live in a world without them so do your worst!". King Snake does. To the ring, creating a wall of fire and untying Rogue. Staff personnel put out the fire and King Snake and Rogue clear the ring and hug. 

King Snake & Rogue team up to "retire" Vengeance and the group (King Snake wins the match that writes off the Vengeance character. He keeps the King Snake persona as he is no longer the noble Valiant because of his actions. Which I wanted to "update" Valiant's character anyway.

Part 3: Started as a joke. Skull DeBones still had over a year on his contract so as a laugh I have him become a kindly priest named Martin Van Jence with a weekly "talky" segment. The gag was that people would recognize him but not point it out and it was going to humor me and give me another good promo with overness for angles. Then I got ambitious. People start saying "this priest is that evil dude that tried to do those horrible things".

Three Segments of "Martyn". 

Segment 1: Scythe - Martyn tries to be kindly to him which angers Scythe. As Scythe goes to attack him Martyn says "I accept you". Scythe stops and leaves. 

Segment 2: King Snake & Rogue. They try to play the game but King Snake explodes, grabs Martyn by the throat and calls him an evil monster. Martyn begins to panic. Rogue says "Gordon (King Snake's real life name), I'm a liar. That's what I do. He's not lying. He doesn't remember". After a bit King Snake, still seething but walks off with Rogue. 

Segment 3: The Trial: John Greed in another segment tells Martyn all the bad things he did to try to get Vengeance to come out again. Martyn can't believe it but if he's guilty he'll accept the consequences. Which leads to "The Trial". King Snake & Rogue accurately (if somewhat reluctantly) confirm Vengeance's misdeeds and leave Seems open and shut until an old lady forces herself to the front. She confronts Greed (acting as the prosecutor) and tells him and the judge about the time she was ready to get on a flight and her husband fell down and split his arm open. They decide they aren't going until a kind man helps clean the husband up, reassures them and gets them on that plane to go to their granddaughters wedding. She finishes by saying "I don't know who this monster is on the screen but (pointing at Martyn) it's not him. This is a good man". After she walks off the "judge" says "I thought this was easy money for a silly wrestling skit. No, this is different. I'm not doing this Mr. Greed. You can take your money back but I'm not doing this" and he walks off. Greed goes ballistic. Martyn gets his regular throttling but as Greed is yelling at him Martyn passes out with apparent chest pains. Greed continues to taunt until he goes flying off screen. Its Scythe! Who picks up Martyn and carries him until he sees a paramedic and "offers" Martyn to her. 

Postlude: King Snake & Rogue don't get it but they accept Martyn. In a later segment King Snake and Rogue are confronted by Greed and 4 minions. They look ready to fight but are outnumbered. Until Scythe and Skull DeBones (another Martyn personality) appear behind them. They win the four on four match and the ends the story. 

Note: the plane flight story happened to my grandparents which is why I used it. Thank God for a good person that took care of them. 

Edited by ExRufas2000
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My game consists of USA promotions only.

The game starts in January 2020, when Tommy Cornell starts his own promotion in the United States, Total Entertainment Wrestling (TEW). He brings his cousin Edward, The Business, Cornell with him from 21stCW. He collaborates with and brings in Victor Goliath to form Goliath Global for TEW (Think "The Authority" or "The Corporation"). Gargantuan is signed as brought in as Victor Goliath's personal bodyguard. Lillian O'Donahue is brought in to be the secretary for Goliath Global.

Variant (a custom character (Think Crow Sting and Goldberg mix)) is personally brought in by Tommy Cornell.

The storyline revolves around Tommy Cornell Goliath Global abusing their power for control within TEW (Taking titles, cheating, constant interference in matches, etc.). While this is going on, Variant, is just a newcomer, rising up the ranks, winning matches and gaining exposure. 

Variant continues his low to mid-card rise, gaining fans and a following. While Goliath Global is ruling over TEW with an iron fist. 

Eventually Variant rises up enough to become mid-card title holder, all the while keeping his story away from the main Goliath Global storyline.

At some point, things become dire in TEW, with Goliath Global abusing their power on a regular basis. To the point where their secretary Lillian O'Donahue is conflicted. Goliath Global continues with their beat downs and cheating, most notably, always ganging up and beating down Tommy Cornell's opponent after they already cheated to win.

In an incident dubbed "The last straw". Tommy Cornell and Goliath Global turned their attention to Lillian O'Donahue, attempting to punish her for a mistake. Just as things start getting physical, the mid-card "hero" champion, Variant, finally steps into the Goliath Global storyline, saving Lillian O'Donahue. This Officially starts the "Goliath Global vs Variant" storyline that propels Variant into the main-event scene and solidifies him as the face of the company.

Edited by VPrime
  • Like 1