The Fall of the One Ring Circus

Nimo, We're not trying to argue whether or not PWG belongs in the game, because it does. What they are trying to argue is its size. Granted I don't know much about indy wrestling but I would put PWG slightly below CZW in overall popularity as a lot of people online know about it. ROH, CZW, PWG and IWA:MS are the "Big Four" of the indies. PWG is slightly less popular than CZW. Don't play "Mr. Indy" and try to make yourself seem more knowledgeable than you are because from what I can tell, you are pretty damn unknowledgeable. TNA (In TEW Terms) is a Cutting Edge company. In TEW TERMS, it is Cutting Edge. It's not Sports Entertainment, TNA Impact has mostly wrestling on it. The show ends in an angle? So what? It's just a different LAYOUT than what you'd normally expect. TNA is cutting edge because of its emphasis on in-ring action and the fanbase loves that. Listen to the Orlando crowd, they CATER to that fanbase, thus making them Cutting Edge. Right now, they are using Scott Steiner (Himself a damn fine wrestler back in the day) to get JOE over. They are using Sting to get CHRISTIAN over. It's Cutting Edge, watch Impact instead of playing "Mr. Smarkie Smark".

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm standing on what a few people have already said, TCP1 gets the final say and if you wanna change it then change it yourself in your own game. I usually change WWE to any sort of women's organization just to watch it fall... :p....so, once again I say change it in your own game :)

Different Layout? Smarkie Mark? Indy Man? I wouldn't be an Indy man if my favorite promotion was TNA. TNA runs a layout that seems more sports enertainmnent than WWE itself....ending without wrestling and let's take you 2 weeks back where they had 4 or 5 seperate segments of people standing outside Cornette's office that to me isn't CUTTING EDGE, Cutting Edge is defined in the game as focus of matches and sometimes angle/interviews which is the complete opposite of TNA......Who cares who puts over who....Undertaker puts New wrestlers over all the time. You must have this idea of what wrestling is about because TNA will do whatever it takes to become popular and make money just like every other promotion, but those other promotions dont have the funds. TNA has great wrestling...that doesn't make you cutting edge....TNA push new superstars, well you got to WWE does it......TNA has wrestling dominated shows, did you watch Wrestlemania it had about 20 minutes total out of ring time.....Everyone of the great wrestlers in TNA besides AJ, Samoa Joe, and Daniels are all low card and AJ, Joe, and Daniels have entertainment potential.

[QUOTE=nimo34]Different Layout? Smarkie Mark? Indy Man? I wouldn't be an Indy man if my favorite promotion was TNA. TNA runs a layout that seems more sports enertainmnent than WWE itself....ending without wrestling and let's take you 2 weeks back where they had 4 or 5 seperate segments of people standing outside Cornette's office that to me isn't CUTTING EDGE, Cutting Edge is defined in the game as focus of matches and sometimes angle/interviews which is the complete opposite of TNA......Who cares who puts over who....Undertaker puts New wrestlers over all the time. You must have this idea of what wrestling is about because TNA will do whatever it takes to become popular and make money just like every other promotion, but those other promotions dont have the funds. TNA has great wrestling...that doesn't make you cutting edge....TNA push new superstars, well you got to WWE does it......TNA has wrestling dominated shows, did you watch Wrestlemania it had about 20 minutes total out of ring time.....Everyone of the great wrestlers in TNA besides AJ, Samoa Joe, and Daniels are all low card and AJ, Joe, and Daniels have entertainment potential.[/QUOTE] Simple solution: Change it to SE in your game. Don't release a new mod with TCP's work just because you dont agree. It really is just a matter of opinion anyway. Just agree to disagree and move on. And thanks to everyone that helped with this mod, I just downloaded athough I havent yet played it. FYI I would consider a mixture of both. They play to their "target" audience with thier x-division(cutting edge) but are trying to develope a wider variety of fans with the angles(SE). They are no where near what the WWE is so unless Adam adds a new type of mixture promotion that lands between these two, it is what you want it to be.

[QUOTE=jbergey_2005]Simple solution: Change it to SE in your game. Don't release a new mod with TCP's work just because you dont agree. It really is just a matter of opinion anyway. Just agree to disagree and move on. And thanks to everyone that helped with this mod, I just downloaded athough I havent yet played it.[/QUOTE] I released the mod with PWG added, that was the point of it, and now people are mad because I said I turned TNA into SE......WELL THAT'S MY OPINION and you can switch it if you want.

On the TV networks and PPV carriers, just check this post I made yesterday afternoon: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122585#post122585[/url] I've probably posted and linked and attached three times now, but the post always gets knocked back a couple pages before TCP1 or S-kay has a chance to see it. This is also clear because people keep asking for it, so it seems the post gets overlooked time and again.

[QUOTE=nimo34]I released the mod with PWG added, that was the point of it, and now people are mad because I said I turned TNA into SE......WELL THAT'S MY OPINION and you can switch it if you want.[/QUOTE] My mistake, sorry! I havent read this whole thread 17 pages in 2 days(impressive). Did you ask for TCP's permission to do that? Common courtesy is that you would ask to add PWG(which I am sure he wouldnt mind if you asked) And by switching stuff that he worked on unless it was ok with him is a slap in the face. I appreciate the fact that you are releasing valuable ideas to the community. But unless you follow proper courtesy, you wont make many friends.

[QUOTE=jbergey_2005]My mistake, sorry! I havent read this whole thread 17 pages in 2 days(impressive). Did you ask for TCP's permission to do that? Common courtesy is that you would ask to add PWG(which I am sure he wouldnt mind if you asked) And by switching stuff that he worked on unless it was ok with him is a slap in the face. I appreciate the fact that you are releasing valuable ideas to the community. But unless you follow proper courtesy, you wont make many friends.[/QUOTE] He said it was a Mod for the people by the people so I just took it further and added a promotion.

[QUOTE=nimo34][url]http://rapidshare.de/files/24788876/F.O.R.C_PWG_Update.rar.html[/url] There is the update with PWG and some other misc things, I fixed the PPVs. I do have TNA as SE but you can just change it.[/QUOTE] Woah,...didn't see that post at all....my god....

[QUOTE=jgriff3029]Ok again I'm from California, and I'm guessing from ealier posts that PWG, the supposed 5th largest organization is from here, but I can't tell you one wrestler on it's roster. Off the top of my head I'd say WWE TNA OVW (which is owned by Danny Davis) ROH ECWA ( home of th Super 8) DSW (owned by Jody Hamilton) CZW IWA mid south are all way more over than PWG[/QUOTE] I wouldn't consider OVW and DSW part of that list, as they are basically WWE. Just about everyone who has been in the internet wrestling community for even a day will know of OVW and DSW, but it might take just a bit longer for ROH. I also wouldn't put ECWA above CZW, but that's my opinion. I think that ECWA, IWA:MS, and PWG are tied, just known better in different areas. I completely disagree with Nemo. PWG is nowhere near regional. I would put them as Small, because they're quite well known in the SoCal area, and I really think that nothing that's well known to most of the LA IWC can be considered Local. TNA... Is Cutting Edge. It seems that Mr. Nemo seems to think that ROH is the original promotion (at least out of the two to be CE). ROH started out Pure, but then involved wrestlers who were good on the mat and on the mic, so they started using more angles. So they became Cutting Edge(in the eyes of the game, as it's the only thing that allows you to have only a tiny ammount of angles and the rest matches without penalizing you) You have to remember two things. The first is the game cannot completely simulate the real-life wrestling scene, and Cutting Edge is close. The second: TNA has more obligation to have angles than ROH, because they were on PPV and are now on TV and PPV. Few will pay so often for just matches, and most normal TV watchers can't just be drawn by good matches. You have to have something to engage the viewers, leading them to watching(and starting to like) the good matches. Also, think of it this way. If the IMPACT main event for next week were to happen on WWE TV, they wouldn't get ten minutes. They'll probably get around 15-20 on IMPACT. I don't see how having segments with people waiting outside Cornette's office is so sports entertainmenty. They were short, and built up the tension, which helps with ratings(which TNA, not RoH has to worry about). And... Nemo has shown complete disrespect to TCP. Sure, if everyone agreed that TNA should be SE, you would have a right to change it. But if it's one person, it's not "For the people, by the people", it's "For a person, by that person". Don't worry, though, Nemo. Once someone like S-Kay edits the mod, you'll be fine. No one will care about your mod. EDIT: I also just noticed that Nemo set PWG to have been founded in 2001. It was 2003 actually.

[QUOTE=Akki] And... Nemo has shown complete disrespect to TCP. Sure, if everyone agreed that TNA should be SE, you would have a right to change it. But if it's one person, it's not "For the people, by the people", it's "For a person, by that person". Don't worry, though, Nemo. Once someone like S-Kay edits the mod, you'll be fine. No one will care about your mod. EDIT: I also just noticed that Nemo set PWG to have been founded in 2001. It was 2003 actually.[/QUOTE] I know I forgot to metion that I put 2001 instead of 2003, and S-Kay already asked if he could use my PWG stuff. So you would still be using it. TCP said we could edit it however we want and I did and in my opinion TNA is SE so what, just switch it....it's not that big of a hastle.

News Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter A deal is being put together that would bring Hulk Hogan back on WWE television. He would engage in a feud with Randy Orton. A Hogan vs. Orton match is tentatively scheduled to take place at SummerSlam. When Orton did some media appearances in the UK last week, he believed that his match with Hogan would be taking place at Wrestlemania, but it looks like it will be rushed for SummerSlam. An angle was teased on RAW last Monday when Brooke Hogan's music video aired, and then WWE quickly cut to a backstage shot of Orton smirking as he was watching the monitor. The basic gist of the angle is that Orton would psychotically pursue Brooke. This would lead to Hulk Hogan coming out to defend his daughter. WWE may even run with Randy Orton and Brooke Hogan becoming an onscreen couple - which of course would drive The Hulkster crazy. The latter scenerio would seem far too rushed to be ready for SummerSlam, however, its being said that the angle is being hotshotted at this point. Everyone besides Hulk (her record label, publicists, etc...) is said to be negative towards the angle. The angle would bring her an incredible level of exposure, however, WWE has a negative stigma. The feeling is that if she goes through with the angle, it will give her an even more difficult time of being taken seriously in the music industry because most people see her as a publicity stunt (being Hogan's daughter). If she appears on a wrestling show, she will probably become more of a joke of an act in the eyes of people outside of professional wrestling. --------------------------------------------------- So i guess Brooke Hogan Should be added.Also i thought Nick Hogan was being added into this mod?

I just watched a new episode of "Hogan Knows Best" and he is actually extremely bored and really annoying his wife....he's probably looking forward to this then. Also, I deleted the mod and re-applied it to the game and it still says "Runtime Error: 13" Type missmatch... anyone else had this yet? EDIT: Strange thing, when I remove the Japan Region at the beginning of the game, no errors at all.....

[QUOTE=nimo34]I know I forgot to metion that I put 2001 instead of 2003, and S-Kay already asked if he could use my PWG stuff. So you would still be using it. TCP said we could edit it however we want and I did and in my opinion TNA is SE so what, just switch it....it's not that big of a hastle.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=TCP1] Good to see that people are adding to the mod, keep it going. The only thing I ask is not to set TNA as Sports Entertainment, because despite what anyone says they are not SE![/QUOTE] Nuff said, I guess.

[QUOTE=jbergey_2005]Super Dragon needs to be updated, he now has an exclusive and non-exclusive contract.[/QUOTE] I mentioned that just switch his contract in PWG to Pay Per Appearance, but he'll always be with PWG since he is owner.

[URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12321"][/URL] Found the link....thanks if you have already posted and I hadn't seen it yet...I'll let ya know if it works and it should, I think he said this latest patch was alot about this msg.

[QUOTE=XxFutureLegend112xX]News Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter A deal is being put together that would bring Hulk Hogan back on WWE television. He would engage in a feud with Randy Orton. A Hogan vs. Orton match is tentatively scheduled to take place at SummerSlam. When Orton did some media appearances in the UK last week, he believed that his match with Hogan would be taking place at Wrestlemania, but it looks like it will be rushed for SummerSlam. An angle was teased on RAW last Monday when Brooke Hogan's music video aired, and then WWE quickly cut to a backstage shot of Orton smirking as he was watching the monitor. The basic gist of the angle is that Orton would psychotically pursue Brooke. This would lead to Hulk Hogan coming out to defend his daughter. WWE may even run with Randy Orton and Brooke Hogan becoming an onscreen couple - which of course would drive The Hulkster crazy. The latter scenerio would seem far too rushed to be ready for SummerSlam, however, its being said that the angle is being hotshotted at this point. Everyone besides Hulk (her record label, publicists, etc...) is said to be negative towards the angle. The angle would bring her an incredible level of exposure, however, WWE has a negative stigma. The feeling is that if she goes through with the angle, it will give her an even more difficult time of being taken seriously in the music industry because most people see her as a publicity stunt (being Hogan's daughter). If she appears on a wrestling show, she will probably become more of a joke of an act in the eyes of people outside of professional wrestling. --------------------------------------------------- So i guess Brooke Hogan Should be added.Also i thought Nick Hogan was being added into this mod?[/QUOTE] I don't want to turn this thread into a duscussion off topic but....:o Has anyone else noticed Hogan has built his daughter up and wants to get her all this heat.... Just to bury her and steal it all!:D Man is he getting old, I bet you when Nick turns 18 Hulk will make him lay down to the Finger Poke Of Doom:D

On Topic - Been playing solidly for a day and must say, awesome!!! The brand split I think you mentioned you rushed so I won't mention errors but there were no other errors in the main data I could find:) I know all of these deabtes will start and overall I think you've done an excellent job. The only stat I couldn't leave alone was Bret Hart's popularity though, considering Hogan and Michales are huge draws in their own right they still used his name to draw a massive Summerslam buy which proved that even the new casual fans know who Bret The Hitman Hart is (Not to mention his DVD buys outsold everything WWE realeased that yearex.WM ). An A rating is deserving of legends and I can see the reasoning why you gave Cena a B+ in the US but Hart is a legend, hate him or love him he's a legend. He would draw just as big, probably bigger then all of the guys you have rated A pop in the US. I know we can change it and I have but it's an injustice I can't overlook. (Yes I am a Bret fan:p )

Archived