15 years, and I'm STILL learning C-Verse lore

Yeah, 15 years.  I've been playing this franchise that long.  Ever since the day I decided to randomly see what the guy who made EWR was up to, if he had made anything since.  The dev diary for TEW 2008 was under way.  I still bought 2007 though.  I quickly fell in love with the Cverse.  I'm a sucker for some well written lore anyway, and the fact it was about wrestling made it even better.  I would have argued with you until the last few years that the CVerse was more interesting than real life.  

Anyway, the true purpose of this post.  Currently playing the recently released 2007 cverse mod for the glorious nostalgia of the time period and I noticed something I hadn't before.  Even went and double-checked the default database to make sure God said this was the way it really happened.

Jeremy Stone and Dan Jr. never defeated each other for the Canadian Title.  They probably wrestled each other dozens of times (bios have confirmed this in previous versions), headlined many shows, several of them likely for that belt, but they never exchanged it.  Bizarre.  It would be like Cena and Orton having never traded the belt, despite them wrestling each other as many times as they did.  Just struck me as really odd, considering the circumstances.

Anyone else have any C-Verse tid-bits they'd like to share?  Something crazy that I, or the rest of the class, might have missed over the last 15 years?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dave E Mac said:

No tid-bit.  But I've dabbled in the C-Verse and wanted to start a diary of a save, but I worry I'll be so clueless on the history of it that I'd be laughed at by the die hard c-verse fans! 

Create whatever you wanna create. If you enjoy it that’s what matters the most not what anyone else thinks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave E Mac said:

No tid-bit.  But I've dabbled in the C-Verse and wanted to start a diary of a save, but I worry I'll be so clueless on the history of it that I'd be laughed at by the die hard c-verse fans! 

Everyone interprets the characters their own ways. Don't be afraid to mix it up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave E Mac said:

Don't think about it like that, think about it as a clean slate to have fun with! Half of us have a favorite C-Verse diary that colored how we look at it in the first place. I still have a hard time not looking at USPW and thinking of J Silver's awesome diary from waaaaay back in the day.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dave E Mac said:

Go for it. The whole point of the Cornellverse is that players have explicit permission to retcon, edit and mess around to their heart's content so you can never be doing it 'wrong'.

• Like 9

Because most people have played TEW since it was a greydog software title people forget about TEW 2004 put out by .400 studios. ALthough every iteration after that talk s about Richard Eisen shying away from being on screen, in 2004 he ran a stable called The Supremacists which I believe included Remo Richardson.

As to the other topic the whole reason I play the CVerse is the bios have limited knowledge of them. I can make up so much. I find people who play real world mods can't get out of The UNdertaker being the Undertaker, this person working for that company, this guy has to be over. With the CVerse there is so much creative freedom and I won't be tied down by what really happened.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Irish Wolf said:

Because most people have played TEW since it was a greydog software title people forget about TEW 2004 put out by .400 studios. ALthough every iteration after that talk s about Richard Eisen shying away from being on screen, in 2004 he ran a stable called The Supremacists which I believe included Remo Richardson.

As to the other topic the whole reason I play the CVerse is the bios have limited knowledge of them. I can make up so much. I find people who play real world mods can't get out of The UNdertaker being the Undertaker, this person working for that company, this guy has to be over. With the CVerse there is so much creative freedom and I won't be tied down by what really happened.

I've played since the EWR days. I don't remember that stable from 2004... interesting.

This is the reason why I exclusively play with the CVerse. I used to only play real world mods years ago, but I'd often feel handcuffed by reality. That, and a lot of the mods weren't balanced terribly well.

• Like 1

Every time i read a new dynasty it feels very much like diving into a different world, the names are familiar but beyond that ive never felt like any character had a specific voice beyond what the writer was giving them. Ive seen so many different interpretations, there isnt a wrong way really. They're very much vague canvases which is why i love Cverse / Thunderverse etc so much more than real world games.

• Like 3

I always overestimate the popularity of people in the C-Verse.  Because we're nearly omnipotent bookers, we know every Tom, Dick, and Harry. but literally no one in the in game world knows who Ron Greenhorn is.  Even folk heroes like Fox Mask are pretty much unknown outside of their territory.  I'm from New England, where he has 1 popularity. and it's sad to think I wouldn't really know his amazing performances.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 1:29 AM, Dave E Mac said:

My favorite diaries are C-Verse because it's always interesting to see how people perceive the different characters. It's fun to watch them take my favorite characters and bury them or have a fresh take on them that I never would've thought of. 

On 9/7/2022 at 4:29 AM, Dave E Mac said:

Mannn nobody would care. Do what you want and have fun. It's a sandbox/simulation game. Go nuts. Triple H is my current IWGP Heavyweight champ in 2004. 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:03 PM, Irish Wolf said:

On 9/9/2022 at 10:52 AM, Captain Kayfabe said:

I've played since the EWR days. I don't remember that stable from 2004... interesting.

It was definitely a real thing... quite the power stable! 

Screenshot 2022-09-14 000032.png

• 2 weeks later...

I should come on the main forum more often, I'm a huge CVerse fan, hence making my own mod/version of the CVerse (Mick Foley style cheap plug https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/54546-alternative-cornellverse-2022-mod-version-103-released-07-sep-22/) and I hadn’t realised there was so many discussion about it over here.

As others have pointed out, I can only do CVerse saves as I struggle to see real-life workers as anyone but who they are. In CVerse you can make take any worker and do what you want with them, make them an unbeatable bad ass, or make them a comedy plumber. Ok you may not get the best results, but I couldn’t imagine giving Samoa Joe a cowboy gimmick, but I could give Ant Man one lol

On 9/14/2022 at 11:43 PM, LoganRodzen said:

It was definitely a real thing... quite the power stable! 

Screenshot 2022-09-14 000032.png

Man, that brings back memories! Although I also don’t remember the The Lords Of Pain being in it. In every save until he retires I had Enforcer Roberts being completely loyal to Eric Eisen based on this stable and he association with Richard.

On 9/16/2022 at 2:28 AM, 229tman said:

For the longest time I thought Erik Strong was the son of Sam Strong

Ha, in my mod I have Erik Strong and Alicia Strong dating, just to confuse everyone!

I don't know why but whenever I think of weird title history things in TEW I always remember that the SWF North American title has had Twelve first-time champions in a row at the game start with Des Davids. That's insane. The last guy to have been a multiple time holder, Squeeky McClean, did so nearly six years ago, and has been retired for two years. I can't imagine there being an equivalent period in a company like the WWE where the amount of new talent coming in was so great that the Intercontinental Title had twelve (and counting) new champions in a row. Really shows the attention to detail on the idea that SWF is really pushing to create new stars.

• Like 4