[C-Verse] Which companies are the absolute best?

Inspired from Matt_Black's "Which companies are the absolute worst?". The companies you love, the companies you don't wanna see close.

I'mma start it off. I'll go with Pride Glory, definitely one of my most favourite in the game and had one of the most talented guys during its prime.

• Like 1

ZEN is a secret gem of the C-Verse. I had a lot of fun in 2013 (or maybe it was 16) booking the Mirror Universe John Gordon with C-W-A storyline. They just exist in their own wacky universe in their own wacky isolated region in the game area.

Edited by d12345
  • Like 1

NYCW was fun for me did a year in a half with the original goal of making Milano my Bruno. Never let him lose the belt. Despite him not being a great talent after changing his pic I loved his look. Made him a superstar the likes USPW or SWF would love. 
SWF is also my go to of the big three. Always have been since I first played the 2013 demo. I’ve tried USPW and TCW but could never get into them quite the same. TCW intrigues me more now though as I could see doing a sports based wrestling show with them. USPW just comes off as SWF but more pg. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaysin said:

TCW is my favorite. I love switching them to Three Ring Circus. Gives me so much room to work with.

I do this too, or to wrestling nerd nirvana. They're easily my favourite company to play, I think they have a roster that's easy to pull in whatever direction aligns with your particular vision for the promotion. I also have a fondness for FCW and CZCW, though I've yet to have an extended save with either company. 

• Like 1

I have not been able to get into the C-Verse at all in 2020 because of how bad the retirement epidemic is, but EWA and 5SSW are my comfort picks. 

On 10/6/2022 at 1:30 AM, The Blonde Bomber said:

NYCW was fun for me did a year in a half with the original goal of making Milano my Bruno. Never let him lose the belt. Despite him not being a great talent after changing his pic I loved his look. Made him a superstar the likes USPW or SWF would love. 
SWF is also my go to of the big three. Always have been since I first played the 2013 demo. I’ve tried USPW and TCW but could never get into them quite the same. TCW intrigues me more now though as I could see doing a sports based wrestling show with them. USPW just comes off as SWF but more pg. 

TCW has always been the best of the 3 big US companies to book, and USPW the hardest, despite the gameworld story of USPW building a tsunami that topples the SWF by beating it to streaming and taking an old-school product and beating everybody with a very new-school business model, SWF being completely caught in it's own internal crap to fight back and TCW being a dinosaur that is slowly crumbling under its relic of a style, waiting for the glory days to comeback. 

One of my biggest complaints with the C-Verse this year, is just how imba the game is in this regard. Stories are being told in bios, that are not reflected in the reality of the game world. This has always been the case, it's just not nearly as ignorable now. 

Edited by Makhai
  • Like 1

QAW for me. My introduction to the C-Verse was AAA in TEW 2016, and from there I moved to QAW and never looked back. They've got a good roster, good product, good location, and are just enjoyable to play. It's a little tougher in 2020, as retirements and other companies now hiring women means there's a smaller free agent pool this time around, but it's still the company I've logged the most hours on.

And for companies I don't want to see close, ACPW. I'm still not completely behind them yet, but it's like everything wrong with them in 2016 has been fixed in 2020 so now they're actually viable and fun to play without making massive database edits.

• Like 2

TCW is my favorite promotion. I really hope in the next leap of time of the CVerse that TCW is still holding strong and maybe in a slightly stronger position. Would be great if they found some young talent that are gearing up to be the next great superstars in the CVerse but haven't been around long enough to BE the top guys yet.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:04 AM, Juce said:

TCW is my favorite promotion. I really hope in the next leap of time of the CVerse that TCW is still holding strong and maybe in a slightly stronger position. Would be great if they found some young talent that are gearing up to be the next great superstars in the CVerse but haven't been around long enough to BE the top guys yet.

They do have MAW so they got the very best training ground for their next generation. As long as they don’t go the route of SWF and leave guys there forever they should be good.

Speaking of Developmentals I wonder what USPW’s would be in the next jump. I gotta assume they’ll have one being the number one promotion since 2nd and 3rd have ones. I can see either SWF or TCW going under and USPW taking over their developmentals.

CGC were never the 'best', but they certainly worked for me. Their size, and their scope, especially when they only had 1 hour of TV a week, was perfect for me. Easy to get a handle on the roster when starting a new game, with lots of room to grow and improve. My version of the promotion is probably wackier and more colourful than it actually is. There are a lot of dry wrestlers with basic artwork and bland names, where a 'C' rating is something to get excited about. There's a lot I don't like about how the company is set up when I look at it now, but based on my history with playing as the promotion, they will always be the best. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d12345 said:

It is a bit odd that none of the big 3 offer an alternative product style. It's PG, old school, old school. Wouldn't it make sense for TCW or SWF to try to get the wrestling nerds as opposed to targeting the 55+ demo with their products?

I see TCW as more realistic of the three being presented as a sport and such. SWF and USPW feel very similar to me. SWF maybe has more of an edge and is a little less family friendly be in essence are basically the same. Which isn’t a surprise since the USPW was created by one of SWF’s biggest stars. He built what he knew.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

I see TCW as more realistic of the three being presented as a sport and such. SWF and USPW feel very similar to me. SWF maybe has more of an edge and is a little less family friendly be in essence are basically the same. Which isn’t a surprise since the USPW was created by one of SWF’s biggest stars. He built what he knew.

True. I just think with them all being so similar there should be a clear #1 that everyone else is copying. Like maybe USPW, with their big streaming deal and unlimited funds should just have decimated TCW and SWF by the next TEW. This would force SWF and TCW to freshen up their products to compete.

The top of Japan's C-Verse has much better balance of styles with EX2010, 5SSW, PGHW, BHOTWG, and BCG all offering very different stuff.

On 10/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, James The Animator said:

It’s funny that right now there is no AEW equivalent in the C-Verse, but TCW founder JK Stallings was basically Tony Khan many years before AEW was founded.

There is an AEW equivalent. It's ACPW. The only reason AEW exists now is because they were the ones who saw a nearly 2 decade market vacuum, got sick of ROH dropping the ball, and filled it. C-Verse doesn't have that vacuum. In fact, TCW's biggest problem is likely that it's just getting squeezed out by a massive USPW and SWF. Only so many eyeballs, only so much money in people's pockets. 

Edited by Makhai
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 1:22 AM, The Blonde Bomber said:

They do have MAW so they got the very best training ground for their next generation. As long as they don’t go the route of SWF and leave guys there forever they should be good.

Speaking of Developmentals I wonder what USPW’s would be in the next jump. I gotta assume they’ll have one being the number one promotion since 2nd and 3rd have ones. I can see either SWF or TCW going under and USPW taking over their developmentals.

If SWF was bought out by USPW that would be great. Maybe they rebrand to Supreme Pro Wrestling in order to not be regional anymore. Then they can really break out of the US.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:23 PM, James The Animator said:

It’s funny that right now there is no AEW equivalent in the C-Verse, but TCW founder JK Stallings was basically Tony Khan many years before AEW was founded.

I'd love to see USPW kill SWF and TCW, and have a new promotion pops up in the vacuum. Medium size. Nice TV deal but nothing too exhausting. Roster filled with all of the C-Verse diary darlings of the past decade. The Gauges. DWN. Nelson Callum. Ernest Youngman. Spencer Spade. All of those 'can't miss' prospects in one place... and nerf them/make enough of them hate each other to make it interesting. 

42 minutes ago, Self said:

I'd love to see USPW kill SWF and TCW, and have a new promotion pops up in the vacuum. Medium size. Nice TV deal but nothing too exhausting. Roster filled with all of the C-Verse diary darlings of the past decade. The Gauges. DWN. Nelson Callum. Ernest Youngman. Spencer Spade. All of those 'can't miss' prospects in one place... and nerf them/make enough of them hate each other to make it interesting. 

I feel like the problem with that is all those guys are so similar for one thing. Also I feel like that’s such a repeat of real life. I like how the CV has created its own identity with a trio of promotions.

• Like 1

The frustrating thing that I also really appreciate about the Cverse is that since we are omnipotent, we know who the best wrestlers are and the future stars.

I really appreciate when narratives don’t just follow the obvious, like Steven “The Future” Parker being stuck in the SWF undercard (and this is his peak thus far). DWN was loaded in 08 to be the future greatest ever, but he stayed an unknown Canadian secret for like a decade and when he got a move, it was to FCW. 

On the other hand Prince Adam and Tom E Hawk became icons because that’s how wrestling works. 

I say all that to say we need a new USPW of old. Just somewhere for all the random big names to go to retire and steal a check. I just hope TCW doesn’t become it.