CV77 - "That 70's Mod" - Updated

3 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

cADRZsY.png

I wanted to highlight one of my favorite additions to the database. Not great in the ring but I enjoyed making his biography alot. :)

I love this render was this a render of a previous character? It looks great. If its a previous render I understand the age thing but man if it wasn't a previous render and its an original creation its a bummer to have him so old. With a great name, a great bio and a great look this is the kind of guy I'd love to push. Either way that caught my eye but I just came in here to say how great it is to see you continuing this. I can tell its a real labor of love for you and I'm happy to see you still making tweaks to it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stennick said:

I love this render was this a render of a previous character? It looks great. If its a previous render I understand the age thing but man if it wasn't a previous render and its an original creation its a bummer to have him so old. With a great name, a great bio and a great look this is the kind of guy I'd love to push. Either way that caught my eye but I just came in here to say how great it is to see you continuing this. I can tell its a real labor of love for you and I'm happy to see you still making tweaks to it. 

Pretty sure it was someone's attempt at Scythe

3 hours ago, Stennick said:

Jaysin has it right it’s a Schythe alt. The render itself was a great find. When I make a new character I usually will make the bio first then find a render after. I find that picking a render first pigeonholes my thought process to qualities about their look. This way if there is a standout look or accessory on the person I can make mention following finishing the bio. 

Thanks for the kindness, I appreciate your comments. This database has become a favorite hobby of mine. Listening to old school wrestling podcasts and biographies give me ideas that i like to add to give even more depth to data. 

After watching the Magnum TA Dark Side I got the urge to add more people to the data who would’ve retired during the 80’s or early 90’s in C Verse canon, but can now be differences makers.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 3:28 PM, Stennick said:

The thing I love with masked renders is it's realistic to "give" the render/mask to another worker, or have their kids take on the gimmick.

On 6/14/2023 at 10:12 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

Jaysin has it right it’s a Schythe alt. The render itself was a great find. When I make a new character I usually will make the bio first then find a render after. I find that picking a render first pigeonholes my thought process to qualities about their look. This way if there is a standout look or accessory on the person I can make mention following finishing the bio. 

Thanks for the kindness, I appreciate your comments. This database has become a favorite hobby of mine. Listening to old school wrestling podcasts and biographies give me ideas that i like to add to give even more depth to data. 

After watching the Magnum TA Dark Side I got the urge to add more people to the data who would’ve retired during the 80’s or early 90’s in C Verse canon, but can now be differences makers.

I'd really love to see some what ifs? come into play. If anything the 80s are the biggest ??? of the C-Verse and an expansion filling out that would be wonderful.

If you ever need some to bounce ideas off of, I'm free.

Edited by Midnightnick
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2023 at 9:12 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

Listening to old school wrestling podcasts 

Any particular podcasts? I travel for work and I mostly stick with the adfree shows. Mainly just JR, 83 Weeks and STW. Every once in a while I'll do Nash's or Jarrett's or Foley's (his last one about breaking in was pretty good). But I enjoy the deep dives. I've listened to a few Cornette's lately to get me in the 86 mindframe since thats the mod I've been playing most regularly. Figured I'd ask if I'm missing something really good. 

4 hours ago, Stennick said:

Any particular podcasts? I travel for work and I mostly stick with the adfree shows. Mainly just JR, 83 Weeks and STW. Every once in a while I'll do Nash's or Jarrett's or Foley's (his last one about breaking in was pretty good). But I enjoy the deep dives. I've listened to a few Cornette's lately to get me in the 86 mindframe since thats the mod I've been playing most regularly. Figured I'd ask if I'm missing something really good. 

The Ron Fuller Studcast is really good, he goes from his beginning in the business in chronological order, and he talks about the business side of running multiple promotions too.

39 minutes ago, hailthebulldog said:

The Ron Fuller Studcast is really good, he goes from his beginning in the business in chronological order, and he talks about the business side of running multiple promotions too.

I had no idea he had a podcast I love continental and I love Ron in general so I'm going to check that out. 

6 hours ago, Stennick said:

Usually Cornette podcasts are my go to. The “Guess the Program” Omni bus and really any video that is about prior to the 1990’s. Specifically I recommend his video on Jerry Lawler’s early career, Booking a Battle Royal, and all his looks back of SMW. Other ones I’ll watch once in a while are JR’s, Nash, and Dutch Mantell’s. 

8 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Not the exact era, but old school by today's standards. Kevin Nash's podcast is very good. He's open and honest and has such an underrated mind for the business. 

All eras are good to pull ideas from. There’s always a way to switch up some details from era to era to make a similar situation fit.

Especially for locker room issues to add some spice behind the scenes.

Edited by The Blonde Bomber
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

All eras are good to pull ideas from. There’s always a way to switch up some details from era to era to make a similar situation fit.

Especially for locker room issues to add some spice behind the scenes.

Yeah I think Hall or Nash said in an interview that the Kliq and Bam Bam Bigelow didn't like each other, but they thought he was a good worker so they put him over to Vince. Little things like that are gems that good podcasts provide fairly regularly. Nash does that frequently as does Foley.

• Like 1

Another one that's rather unique, but it's over now. Dax Harwood's is fantastic. He talks about his love of old school wrestling quite a bit and talks about pretty much every part of his career thus far. 

He puts Finlay over more than a few times. It's great hearing about how modern guys are inspired by these work horses of the past that were never really main eventers, but were fantastic workers nonetheless. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hailthebulldog said:

Yeah I think Hall or Nash said in an interview that the Kliq and Bam Bam Bigelow didn't like each other, but they thought he was a good worker so they put him over to Vince. Little things like that are gems that good podcasts provide fairly regularly. Nash does that frequently as does Foley.

I think thats in the 1995 timeline where he also shares the story about them being in Indianapolis and being upset about something I can't quite recall what. Maybe payoffs, maybe creative, maybe locker room issues. Vince gets on a plane and meets them that night. Hunter wants to be a part of the meeting but he was new to the promotion so they told him to stay in the room so he wouldn't get heat for anything. That whole interview is good. Nash just has this air of honesty about him. He's not really "in the business" he's not angling for a job anywhere, he kind of just gives his honest opinion on things. His memory of times and dates sucks at times but overall yeah Nash is pretty great at stuff like that. My biggest issue with that podcast is that its a great listen but I prefer where its more centralized around one show or one worker. His podcast is more just him and Sean hanging out for a bit, fun listen and some bits and pieces of different stories always leak through to make it a good listen. 

Potential Minor Error:

Starting a SWF Save and noted that Ace McQueen has a mention of an injury in his bio that says he will be back soon from it. Should this be included. I remember him being injured briefly when I was playing a prior 77 database but only for a month or two.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BigDPW said:

Potential Minor Error:

Starting a SWF Save and noted that Ace McQueen has a mention of an injury in his bio that says he will be back soon from it. Should this be included. I remember him being injured briefly when I was playing a prior 77 database but only for a month or two.

Thanks for the heads up will check into that.

EDIT: the issue will be fixed in the next update! 

Edited by The Blonde Bomber

CV 77 1.9 Update

-New Workers Added, Nick Leiper, Raul Sienna, Freddy Mendoza, Trinidad, La Sienna, El Divino, Lucero Montennero, Brian Curry, Fred Jenkins, Kim Urazaki, Franz Wahnski, Martin Gusmao, Carlos Palmero, Billy Garsmun, Chris Grossi, Morris Malone Morgan, & Eugenio Montez.

-Recent history of Chicago Wrestling. Minnesota Mauler sold the promotion to Lukas Hermann due to financial disarray at the end of 1976.

-Micky Starr will now have no hair to go along with his picture.

-The SWF Referee Burt Dickens will now be Bart Dickens.

-OLLIE Monthly Show, Guerras de Alfombras is now a Normal Level show not a Lesser Level show.

-Altered the bios of Buddy Hollar, Laurent Robitaille, Jim Knobb, Harold Henderson, Vigilante, Francois Descartes, Ace McQueen, & Black Jack. McQueen now has an injury history for a torn meniscus that occurred in May of 1976.

-Added Retired Road Agents to MPWF’s Roster.

-Changed Francois Gransville’s name to Monsieur Republique.

-Revamped WBW’s Title Histories to make them more in-depth. Made questionable decisions to show why the promotion isn’t thriving like it could’ve.

-Monumental Wrestling Association will debut in June 1977. This is a promotion out of the Great Lakes based in Detroit opened by Barney LaRusso.

-Thanks to Willrocks extraordinary renders for CV77, there are updated pictures for the following workers…

The Masked Patriot, The Masked Mauler, Dick the Devastator, Big Al Wallace, Buddy Hollar, Buford T. Laramie, Dirk Bonell, Chase Allen, Black Iron Henry, Ernest Mason, Jimmy Power, Jerry Hanson, Bobby Burr, Danny Yankee, Ellis Jenkins, Ray Kingman, Crazy Eyes Mcgrew, Cornelius Conway, Bootleg Billy, Bill Sarver, etc.

In addition, a new United States Title render has been added as the SWF United States Title.

image.png

-  APW has a new logo done by Willrock.

I highly recommend that you monitor Willrock’s thread updating renders for the CV77 data. Will has created solid renders for the data.

• Like 5

CV 77 2.0 Update

-New Workers Added Include, Marla Scott and Jackie Choo,

-WIW have an updated and extended Tag Team Title history with 55 different reigns over 8 years.

-The workers of ALQ, APW, among others have all new renders courteous of Willr0ck!

-OLLIE’s Mexico Title has an updated history going back to 1948 with 53 reigns.

-Barney LaRusso’s bio updated.

-SWF Tag Team Title history updated.

-Edited Venues Importance levels and made more of them “Limited to one company a night”.

cEPi0FU.png

yVWIgED.png

5Cv5H7s.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

CV 77 2.0 Update

-New Workers Added Include, Marla Scott and Jackie Choo,

-WIW have an updated and extended Tag Team Title history with 55 different reigns over 8 years.

-The workers of ALQ, APW, among others have all new renders courteous of Willr0ck!

-OLLIE’s Mexico Title has an updated history going back to 1948 with 53 reigns.

-Barney LaRusso’s bio updated.

-SWF Tag Team Title history updated.

-Edited Venues Importance levels and made more of them “Limited to one company a night”.

cEPi0FU.png

yVWIgED.png

5Cv5H7s.png

Thrilled to see a 2.0 release! You do magnificent work Bomber

Edit: A continuity suggestion that ties with Barney LaRusso's update you could make in a future update is that Dr. Mishi's bio has him teaming with Dutch Leonard in Australia, but Dutch seems to have been a non-wrestler. There's also a pre 1970 gap entirely in Mishi's job history, you could have Barney LaRusso's ACG job history align with Mishi's and give them a tag team/relationship. Love to build lore, it's a change I've already made to my mish-mash.

Edited by Midnightnick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Midnightnick said:

Thrilled to see a 2.0 release! You do magnificent work Bomber

Edit: A continuity suggestion that ties with Barney LaRusso's update you could make in a future update is that Dr. Mishi's bio has him teaming with Dutch Leonard in Australia, but Dutch seems to have been a non-wrestler. There's also a pre 1970 gap entirely in Mishi's job history, you could have Barney LaRusso's ACG job history align with Mishi's and give them a tag team/relationship. Love to build lore, it's a change I've already made to my mish-mash.

Thank you Midnight!

I appreciate your feedback and suggestion about Mishi. Mishi's bio was meant to state that he was wrestling on Dutch Leonard ran shows at the time in Australia, not teaming with Leonard. I made that clearer in his bio. His job history prior to 1970 is mostly blank due to him leaving Australia and traveling to different continents to hone his craft during the decade. 

If you have any other suggestions about lore building I'd enjoy hearing them. 

• Like 1