CV77 - "That 70's Mod" - Updated

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Finished updating TWL yesterday, also been adding a bunch of new workers thanks to the AI. They’ll give so many good tenders that it makes me have to use them. 

I've experimented a bit too and the AI rendering stuff is not only fun but a bit addictive. And it produces so much. 4 images at once is great but I  keep finding one is "it" and the other three aren't right but are still solid. So I save all of them and have 3 extra that when I get around to cutting them, I guess they become free pics? Or you have to refine your prompts and run it a second time, so you might have 7 extras. 

Have not played with era-specific prompts yet, but given what you've created for 70s styles, I imagine its quite capable and probably very fun. 

Look forward to seeing the update 🙂

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

I've experimented a bit too and the AI rendering stuff is not only fun but a bit addictive. And it produces so much. 4 images at once is great but I  keep finding one is "it" and the other three aren't right but are still solid. So I save all of them and have 3 extra that when I get around to cutting them, I guess they become free pics? Or you have to refine your prompts and run it a second time, so you might have 7 extras. 

Have not played with era-specific prompts yet, but given what you've created for 70s styles, I imagine its quite capable and probably very fun. 

Look forward to seeing the update 🙂

This is exactly what happens with me too. I end up using some as free pics but others I keep as leftover because I may find someone who fits the pics later on or have an idea for a character that the pic would be good for.

The way I do era specific renders is by adding the words "...in a 70's style" to what ever I'm specifically looking to be more 70's esque. I've used this the most with hair, as the system tends to give young men more of a modern hairdo by default.

• 3 weeks later...

image.jpeg

Texas Wrestling League

Owner

"The Lone Star Stampeder" Erick Campbell

image.jpeg

Booker

"Mean Machine" Mark Green

image.jpeg

Major Stars

Austin "Wild Boy" McCoy --- Chief Two Eagles --- "The Bomb" Floyd Bowman --- Mark "The Lariat" Krogan --- "Perfect" Pat Deacon

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

"Professor" Nero --- Rip Chord

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Stars

Mastiff Kennedy

image.jpeg

Well Known

"Polish Power" Bill Popinski --- Johnny Boy Tucker --- Rampage

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Recognisable

Angel Celestial --- Carlos Reyes --- Dean Davis --- Pavel Landis --- Timberwolf

Trailer Park Kid

image.jpeg

Unimportant

Archie Judge --- Eric Thomas --- Larry Vessey --- Lenny Riggs --- Pancho Chihuahua

Principe de Baja --- Rusty Lyones --- Shane Sneer --- Timothy Zappa

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Warlord Agony --- Warlord Pain

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Managers

Hannah Ruff --- Major W.G. Reginald III

image.jpegimage.jpeg

On-Screen Personality

Goldie Siegel

image.jpeg

Announcers

Angie Lee --- Kurt Berkley --- Robert Crawphord

Colour Commentator

Jim Gellar

image.jpeg

Referees

Gene McClarity --- Reginald Salmon --- W.J. Wynn

Road Agents

Harold Henderson --- Nick Leiper

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here's a list of new workers coming in the new update.

-New Workers added, Rusty Swan (wrest.), Dick Donovan (wrest.), Doug Donovan (wrest.), Don Donovan (Wrest.), Danny Donovan (wrest.), Jim Donovan (wrest.), Red Sloane (wrest.), Samir Khan (wrest.), Mr. Hannibal (Man.), Jimmy Streets (wrest.), Eesha Patel (wrest.), Bruise Borowski (wrest.), Strong Man Boris (wrest.), Gil Shaw (wrest.), Alexei Kamaroff (wrest.), Nigel Garfield (wrest.), Dale Garfield (wrest.), Muhammad Singh (wrest.), Steamboat Wally (Wrest.), Sam Davis (Man.), Pete Cassidy (Wrest.), Ernie Todd (R.A.), Utah Carolack (Wrest.), Bob Turner (Wrest.), Woody Marshall (R.A.), Richard Marshall (Wrest.), Billy McClain (Wrest.), Slim Jim (Wrest.), Claude Tillet (Wrest.), Barbara Beaty (Man.), Chief Black Elk (Wrest.), David Full Moon (Wrest.), Colomba Kilkenny (Wrest.), Werner Summet (Wrest.), Brandon Shaw (Wrest.), Diamond Darnell (Wrest.), Reed Schlensky (Ref.), Guy Rosary (Ref.), Stan Killebrew (Wrest.), Bucky Beane (Wrest.), Steve Whitney (Wrest.), John Nolan (Wrest.), Johnny Montague (Wrest.), Rube Vidal (Wrest.), Freight Train Ferris (Wrest.), Herb Dott (Ann.), Jake Deccaman (Wrest.), Mana Mofu (Wrest.), Vito Caldero (Colour, Ref.), Kerry Smith (Ann.), Johnny Gondell (Ref.), Michael Donovan (Wrest.), Jackie Donovan (Wrest.), Ginger McKinney (Wrest.), Abe McDonald (On-Screen), Angel Dust (Man.).

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I am a massive fan of the mod, currently up to 1986 in game, having fun running BHOTWG at the moment 😀

I think it is a fantastic mod for people who like to build up their own history because around 1977 is when things started to get interesting in the USA and Japan. The other plus of playing in this period is also the fact that the talent pool is smaller, so the game plays much faster, but you still have enough good talent to have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the updated mod. Have an old save from way back in this mod that I have been playing as SWF. Thinking of starting a new save and holding out for now to see if this newest update will be out soon!

Thanks for all your work on this!

Posted (edited)

Originally, I planned to wait until all the renders were changed to AI before releasing the next update. However, I've realized that this aspiration would delay the release until late 2024. So, I'm considering releasing a "Part I" update as a holdover until all the AI renders are completed. This update will include many of the AI renders, along with a litany of other additions and changes. This way, the wait will be easier to sustain.

Edited by The Blonde Bomber
  • Like 5

I downloaded the most recent version yesterday and played around with it. I appreciate your work on it!

One quick thing to check for possible correction:

SWF faction - Streets Family has Dusty as Leader when I would assume his dad (Rocky) should be. Though I could be wrong and this is a very minor thing that doesn’t affect much in gameplay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDPW said:

I downloaded the most recent version yesterday and played around with it. I appreciate your work on it!

One quick thing to check for possible correction:

SWF faction - Streets Family has Dusty as Leader when I would assume his dad (Rocky) should be. Though I could be wrong and this is a very minor thing that doesn’t affect much in gameplay. 

Yes I noticed this and it will be changed for the next update. One thing I’m having trouble with figuring out is stables. Early on in test saves Hagar becomes the leader alongside Ares in The Titans and I’m unsure how to stop that from occurring.

yeah im hope next semi update will coming soon i relly like this mod and imvery hyped to play the new compagnies the idea to having the one with oldie wrestlers im pretty dope to make a greatcarrer with that

On 4/14/2024 at 9:23 AM, The Blonde Bomber said:

Originally, I planned to wait until all the renders were changed to AI before releasing the next update. However, I've realized that this aspiration would delay the release until late 2024. So, I'm considering releasing a "Part I" update as a holdover until all the AI renders are completed. This update will include many of the AI renders, along with a litany of other additions and changes. This way, the wait will be easier to sustain.

Selfishly I think this is a great idea, I've gotten spoiled by the default databases re-rendering so it's quite jarring going back to one of my favourite databases and it being the default art style :)

CV 77 2.2 Update (PART 1)

-Special thanks to Willr0ck, Idolized, John Lions, Arlovski, Waltersobchak, Hollywoodshinebox, Christian Shane, Stennick, BigPapa32, Schmoe II, BigDPW, and Atticus for AI Renders added in this update.

-76 New Workers added, Rusty Swan (wrest.), Dick Donovan (wrest.), Doug Donovan (wrest.), Don Donovan (Wrest.), Danny Donovan (wrest.), Jim Donovan (wrest.), Red Sloane (wrest.), Samir Khan (wrest.), Mr. Hannibal (Man.), Jimmy Streets (wrest.), Eesha Patel (wrest.), Bruise Borowski (wrest.), Strong Man Boris (wrest.), Gil Shaw (wrest.), Alexei Kamaroff (wrest.), Nigel Garfield (wrest.), Dale Garfield (wrest.), Muhammad Singh (wrest.), Steamboat Wally (Wrest.), Sam Davis (Man.), Pete Cassidy (Wrest.), Ernie Todd (R.A.), Utah Carolack (Wrest.), Bob Turner (Wrest.), Woody Marshall (R.A.), Richard Marshall (Wrest.), Billy McClain (Wrest.), Slim Jim (Wrest.), Claude Tillet (Wrest.), Barbara Beaty (Man.), Chief Black Elk (Wrest.), David Full Moon (Wrest.), Colomba Kilkenny (Wrest.), Werner Summet (Wrest.), Brandon Shaw (Wrest.), Diamond Darnell (Wrest.), Reed Schlensky (Ref.), Guy Rosary (Ref.), Stan Killebrew (Wrest.), Bucky Beane (Wrest.), Steve Whitney (Wrest.), John Nolan (Wrest.), Johnny Montague (Wrest.), Rube Vidal (Wrest.), Freight Train Ferris (Wrest.), Herb Dott (Ann.), Jake Deccaman (Wrest.), Mana Mofu (Wrest.), Vito Caldero (Colour, Ref.), Kerry Smith (Ann.), Johnny Gondell (Ref.), Johnny Montague (Wrest.), Michael Donovan (Wrest.), Jackie Donovan (Wrest.), Ginger McKinney (Wrest.), Abe McDonald (On-Screen), Angel Dust (Man.), Dan Kalt (Wrest.), Ridley Barnes (Wrest.), Yoshi Kuroda (Wrest.), Dingo Jack (Wrest.), Banri Tokunaga (Wrest.), Koji Arakawa (Wrest.), Kenji Takano (Wrest.), Paul Ulfding (Wrest.), Terry Ulfding (Wrest.), Diablo Armas (Wrest.), Noah Nance (Wrest.), Eddy Hallman (Ann.), Bobby Owens (Wrest.), Olay Soler (Wrest.), Earl Gilbert (Wrest.), Akio Akinawa (Wrest.), Hiro Oshida (Wrest.), Momo Nagaguchi (Wrest.)

-New Deceased Workers, Dick Holtz (wrest.), Janos Meggyesfalvi (wrest.), Omaha Sharp (Wrest.), Rafael Torres (Wrest.)

-AI Renders have been put in for many workers in the database along with skill changes to more accurately represent the renders.

-Multiple companies have updated logos, titles, and event renders.

-Added PCA, TWA, ASW, MAS, WRW, KRBO, NJWF, & MWC to closed promotions at the start of the game.

-Titles have been added to give history to closed promotions added in this update.

-Minor cosmetic details touched up, including name changes, nationality changes, size changes, among others.

-Thanks to assistance from Darkness94, there a more wrestlers with Polish heritage in the Great Lakes region. With that, I decided to add a new promotion out of the Great Lakes run by Howard Sunnacker (fka Coyne) called Great Lakes Sports Club (GLSC). They have a history stemming back to the 30’s. In modern times they are struggling to stay afloat with an insistence on booking the same old talent as always, which is leading to diminishing returns.

-ETPW (Ernie Todd Pacific Wrestling) is now added to the database as a North Western-based U.S. promotion. This promotion has gained a reputation for poor payouts and a manipulative promoter in Todd who tries to swindle his workers. As the 70’s come to a close they are in a poor position with a closure likely imminent.

-WSW has been turned into Black Bear Promotions (BBP) to give it a more expansive feel. They formed via an exodus of ETPW, by Todd’s top star Papa Bear Reilly.

*New Screenshots on the front page*

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2