CV77 - "That 70's Mod" - Updated

4 hours ago, masterevans said:

Would updating the database break my current savefile? I’ve never updated a mod on TEW so I’m not sure if I should just go ahead and update + import the new version or start fresh. I’m only almost a year in if thqt changes anything.

Updating the database would not change any save games. The save games are in a different folder than the database. You’ll just need to replace the database in the folder labeled CV77. This will change any new saves you start in the future. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by The Blonde Bomber
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

This is what will be coming in the next update. Still doing work on the data should be finished soon...

CV 77 1.4 Update

-Added Local TV Networks in Canada.

-Edited CWF’s TV Deal to be with Maple Leaf Sports.

-Added Yoshiaki Hogazoa, Ron Steele, Igor Pulaski, Honey,

-Edited some worker skills.

-Added some chemistry.

-Added some tag teams.

-Made the California Tag Titles only for males.

-New Arenas added.

-Added a historical tournament to add an accolade for British Wrestlers.

-Added a more extensive title history for the APWF Tag Team Titles.

Can't wait to see the new update, I love how much lore you put into your depiction of the 77 C-Verse.

I've been playing both yours (having a great time in TWL) and working on my own adaptation as well (balancing the small differences between yours and Kam's Title Histories and everything like that).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Midnightnick said:

Can't wait to see the new update, I love how much lore you put into your depiction of the 77 C-Verse.

I've been playing both yours (having a great time in TWL) and working on my own adaptation as well (balancing the small differences between yours and Kam's Title Histories and everything like that).

I'm really happy your enjoying your time playing the database, as well as editing it to make it more unique to your thoughts.

If you'd want to collaborate shoot me a PM. 

• Like 1

Update 1.4 is live. The full list of changes is below...

-Added New Local TV Networks in Canada. Each region now has a local network for companies to sign on to.

-Edited CWF’s TV Deal to be a National Deal with Maple Leaf Sports. A choice I viewed as more sensible than having their show being on two different networks, one for Eastern Canada and one for Western Canada.

-Added New Workers, Yoshiaki Hogazoa, Ron Steele, Igor Pulaski, Honey, & Ray Tangello.

-Edited some Worker Skills.

-Added some New Chemistry.

-Added some New Tag Teams.

-Made the California Tag Team Titles only for Males.

-New Venues are in the Database.

-Added a Retired Tournament to have an Accolade that British Wrestlers would've went for through the barron period of the 60's and 70's.

-Added a more extensive Title History for the APWF Tag Team Titles.

-Added the GCG International and Japanese Heavyweight Titles as titles that were active prior to the existence of the GCG World Heavyweight.

-Added the United Pacfici Wrestling League Tournament Title shared by GCG & WIW during their Working Agreement of the late 60's and early 70's.

-Added New Worker Relationships in Japan.

• Like 2

Version 1.5 is up with the following changes...

-Edited Bubbles the Clown origin to be in line more with his CV97 bio. He is now Sgt. Dillinger with Bubbles the Clown being his SWF alter ego.

-Added New Tag Teams.

-Added New Alter Egos (Belle Meade, Patti Hunter, Gilbert Beckenridge, Sgt. Dillinger).

-Edited some new information to Biographies.

-Added New Workers Bibi Sato, Noriko Ishikuno, Tracy Heilman, The Black Shadow, & Amos Bevinson.

-Added New Relationships.

-Deleted some Training Facilities that were set to debut far in the future.

-Edited Workers who debut from 1981-1985.

-Fixed up the Joshi Scene. Edited both JWW & YPWW, they have updated History, Relationships, and Wrestler Skills/Attributes/Biographies.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For the next update I am focusing on Mexico. Giving Lucha Libre some more history in the C-Verse including adding Mask/Hair Histories, New Characters, and More Relationships. The fact that there were barely any retired Luchadors or Luchadors over 39 bothered me. Generations are built upon one another, spill into one another and grow as one. I want to try accomplishing just that with these new additions. 

I was also wondering if there were any suggestions for updates. Any fixes, bugs, or even just thoughts about how the database could be better. I would love to work together to make this the best it can be. 

• Like 2

CV 77 1.6 Update

I really enjoyed making this update. It was one of my most extensive. Mexico & Britain have been expanded in their histories and workers. Over 30 new workers have been created, with many being active at the start of the game. An important addition in this update is the amount of Retired Wrestlers who are elligible to be Road Agents. This was lacking with a limited number of Retired Workers available to be Road Agents, with a good amount of promotions relying on Active Wrestlers to pull double duty. The hope is that now Active Wrestlers will not be required to be Road Agents too. 

-Deleted a bunch of workers who were to debut in the 2010’s. While also changing some other workers that debut in that decade into new workers who debut earlier. This will be useful for saves, as most saves do not last into the 2010’s.

-The JMW World Women’s Title has now become the WWA World Women’s Title to make it fall in line with the in-game history of Alliance Titles.

-Added New Workers, The Kabuki Warrior, J.C. Farley, Kit Moran, Fred Moran, Rio Romero, Gio Romero, Adrian Romero, Santo Del Domingo, Ivan Zolanov, El Espectro Blanco, El Cruz de Oro, Ruby Caballero, Wilbur Lloyd Gearing, George Beckly, Luc Van der Veken, Solomon Reichman, Simpson Cagney, Polaris, Kung Fu Kitozaki, Lady China, El Revolucionario, Brute Bunyan, Babs Tagoo, Hank Marshall, Fritz Von Wagner, Steve Thompson, Hans Orlik, Tarzan Turner, Tim Walker, Emil Torres, The Masked Mauler II, & Enrique Urbano.

-Added Deceased or Left the Business Workers, Robert Jenkins, Sir Atholl Sheridan, Titanic Cannon, Bert Raynott, & Alf Mirren. All too add more history to British Wrestling.

-Added Alter Egos for, James Cason and Solitario II (originally named El Cabron V),

-Added Mask/Hair History for Lucha Libre. Giving a more in depth look at the past of Lucha Libre.

-Edited the Biographies of some Luchadores to expand Lucha Libre History.

-The Boston Junior Heavyweight Title is now on the list of Retired Titles. The title was active from the mid 60’s to the mid 70’s. Mostly held by current Commentator Vernon Wales. Wales’ popularity in the New England region was the sole reason for existence. When he decided to retire, the promotion choose to stop using the Title.

-Added the UPW World Heavyweight Title as a retired title in GCG. This title was an alliance title in the 1930’s, 40’s, and 50’s. Ray Tangello was the final champion. When the alliance disbanded, he continued to defend the title around the world. GCG built him as the defending World Champion in the early 60’s. Sadaharu Jimbo defeated Tangello and unified the title with the GCG International Title to become the first GCG World Heavyweight Champion.

-The APW Roster has an update through edits in workers Biographies, Title History, Relationships, and more. History of the promotion now has a linear timeline that explains events in their history.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

CV 77 1.7 Update

-The Campeones de Parejas OLLIE now have an expanded history. The first Champions were El Patron & Quasar and there are now 17 documented Champions. This will give veteran Luchadores some title history.

-Miguel Alvarez is no longer a Road Agent.

-Edited American Pro Wrestling to correct errors present when starting a game with them.

-New Tag Teams are in BHOTWG, JWW, YPWW, and GCG to stop them from creating a bunch of new teams at the start of a new save.

-Added New Wrestlers, Colonel Bruce Brewer, Scottie McDougal, Stoffel Schroeter, Harvey Russell, Phyllis Feingold, The Angel, Ali Al-Quwali, Chief Pepper Tree, Stan Gibson, El Cardenal Jr, Angel Celestial, El Recluso, “Count” Billy Brown, Heinrich Schmidt, Bravo Garcia, Mario Zanino, Bob Bochenko, Johnny Ordway, Prince Ordway, Hippo Harris, Sugar Bear Sabbath & Howard Coyne

-New Relationships are in the data. There are now 1000+ Relationships between workers.

-I added the European Heavyweight Title (Old). A title that has a lineage from 1945-1970. The final holder was Tank Griswold who's reign stopped when he joined UKWA.

SCREENSHOTS

6exS0FU.png3OCpbaO.pngq1B141V.pngXrYj0yL.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Random Question.  Just started up this database as, like yourself, I'm a longtime fan of this mod.  Was getting ready to do my usual save, starting up my own created company that I've been using since TEW08, the International Pro Wrestling Alliance.  I've been using this for so long I even had Kamchatka (spelling?  sorry bro if you read this.  Love your work) make me a logo back in 08 or 10 and had Reaper make me belts for it as well.  When I went to pick the logo, however, it wasn't the blue, black, and grey number Kam did for me all those years ago.  It's this awesome black, red, and grey logo that I've never seen before.  I was just wondering what it's story is?  Where did you find it?  Who made it?  Is it a remake of my old request or purely a coincidence (totally possible.  IPWA is a pretty cliched name when you think about it).  Like I said, I know, random question.  Just curious is all.

Mod look's good so far.  Always a bit nervous to see a beloved classic get remade but it looks good so far, tweaks/additions included.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 8:12 AM, SolidDavidGold said:

Random Question.  Just started up this database as, like yourself, I'm a longtime fan of this mod.  Was getting ready to do my usual save, starting up my own created company that I've been using since TEW08, the International Pro Wrestling Alliance.  I've been using this for so long I even had Kamchatka (spelling?  sorry bro if you read this.  Love your work) make me a logo back in 08 or 10 and had Reaper make me belts for it as well.  When I went to pick the logo, however, it wasn't the blue, black, and grey number Kam did for me all those years ago.  It's this awesome black, red, and grey logo that I've never seen before.  I was just wondering what it's story is?  Where did you find it?  Who made it?  Is it a remake of my old request or purely a coincidence (totally possible.  IPWA is a pretty cliched name when you think about it).  Like I said, I know, random question.  Just curious is all.

Mod look's good so far.  Always a bit nervous to see a beloved classic get remade but it looks good so far, tweaks/additions included.

Thanks for the positivity. As for the IPWA logo, I'm not really sure where it came from. Alot of the logos were here when I downloaded the Data. I've added some from the skilled artists on the site but that specific one I don't remember putting in. 

7 hours ago, Old School Fan said:

The way he's described in his bio and with his gimmick makes him come off as a CV version of Downtown Bruno/Harvey Wippleman (and he was a real heat magnet in Memphis, Kansas City and Continental prior to him joining the WWF IRL).

Believe it or not I based him loosely off Nick Bockwinkel and The Grand Wizard. Bockwinkels use of unique words and Wizards nasal delivery.

• Like 2

Maybe not elite level guys, but potentially elite level guys.  The guys who could rule the 80s with the right rolls, but otherwise are just king of the midcard at best.  I'm a bit of a slave to canon, so I'm always hesitant to add elite level guys.

Side note - I stand by what I said.  Great work on the database sir.  I love how you retconned a lot of the craziness from the original in this one while still keeping everyone around.  No wild surprises.                                                

• Thanks 1

Just curious how the others book SWF or similar TV shows vs Events? Do you primarily keep stars away from each other on TV and use those match ups for events like real life in this era?

Also curious if anyone has considered a touring schedule for US companies during this era and a "highlights TV"show?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 3:29 PM, BigDPW said:

Just curious how the others book SWF or similar TV shows vs Events? Do you primarily keep stars away from each other on TV and use those match ups for events like real life in this era?

Also curious if anyone has considered a touring schedule for US companies during this era and a "highlights TV"show?

I've actually been doing an SWF save recently. At first I was doing all squashes on TV, but noticed the ratings were too low to continue that. So I ended up having one or two competitive matches on the main show to keep ratings high and keep the company growing. I've also been buying up top talent to see if I can put companies under. So far APWF is almost gone, the other companies haven't felt the sting enough yet. CWB is my next target, stole Wild Man Sullivan from them recently. One thing I'm beginning to worry about is having too much talent to do things with. Might have to add a new title that has it's own identity. I also added a weekly house show for me to book as a lesser show monthly to give more of the WWWF feel to have more than one big live event to book monthly.

On 5/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, SolidDavidGold said:

Maybe not elite level guys, but potentially elite level guys.  The guys who could rule the 80s with the right rolls, but otherwise are just king of the midcard at best.  I'm a bit of a slave to canon, so I'm always hesitant to add elite level guys.

Side note - I stand by what I said.  Great work on the database sir.  I love how you retconned a lot of the craziness from the original in this one while still keeping everyone around.  No wild surprises.                                                

I was thinking top level guys that are in their peak already that way they would be retiring in the 80's not to be seen through the 90's, or even a couple of guys who may have been planned for greatness or had all the tools that flamed out due to SWF being the only big game in town. 

As for the craziness of the original data, one of things I was really happy to get rid of was the Flint Athletic Group, didn't think the 'joke' was that funny. Kept some of the guys around changing their backstories though. Thank you for the kind praise, I'm happy you're enjoying the data. 

• Like 2

CV 77 1.8 Update

-New Workers Added include, Grizzly John, Yoshikina Zuka, Yukon Daniels, Conrad Cardinal, Silento Gomez, Pat Barrett, DT Wesley, Ken Kullen, Star Sylvie, Don Hunt, Dory Hoffman, Donnie the Battler, Reed Sanford, Irene Sanford, Chris Lagos, George Lagos, Danno Murphy, The Super Crusher, Sir McCoy, Matej Slovak, Justicia Americana, Bobby Grant, Bobby Burns, Bobby Starr, Roy Wayne McGuire, Lester McGuire, Pancho Chihuahua, Dexter Priceweather, Joe Martin, Robert Crawphord, Denny Pittzger, Lou Honoato, & Jesse Doyle.

-Warren Young’s race is now Black instead of White.

-Added New Training Facility, Business Men’s Gym ran by Dory Hoffman in the South West.

-I have updated cosmetic issues, reputation, respect, and experience levels, of multiple workers.

-New Tag Teams are in the update.

-More wrestlers are on the SWF roster.

-Updated the Popularities of MPWF & APW to allow for higher ticket sales earlier in 1977.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Midnightnick said:

Really love the SWF update, It gives alot of new directions! Also a big fan of Grizzly John.

What's next on the horizon for future updates?

My plan is to do saves and notice problems where they come up and fix them periodically. The secondary goal is to continue adding some workers either for the future or that have debuted already. Japan specifically could use more workers from what I've noticed.

Glad you like Grizzly, Western Canada didn't have enough Lumberjack based guys so that needed to be fixed :p. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...