May 2001 Real World Data - Here Comes The Money

22 hours ago, MrCanada said:

I do "rounded" stats for 2 reasons.

First, its easier/quicker. Whats Bill DeMott as a Brawler at this time? I dunno, a 60? 65? 70? Call it 65. He was good enough that it seemed like there was something there, but he never did put on classic matches, but maybe that is more how he was used... Is he a 62? Is that really different then 65? 67? Is that really different. 65 gives him the ability to fairly quickly become a proper upper-midcarder and put on quality but not world class matches. 60 would do that to. 70 likely makes him too good and able to more easily give 80-rated matches where him hanging around the 60's-to-70's (with the right opponents) seems about right.

Second, ratings are so subjective so it makes both balacing easier, and instead of saying "Yea! This guy was a 62 for sure, 100% I know best." I'm instead saying "He's somewhere around here I think. You can probably agree within 5-either way in most cases."  So again think of DeMott. Maybe you and others think he isnt a 65, he should be closer to a 70. Well, he basically is. Maybe you think he's worse and should be closer to 60. He basically is. Also, Now compare him to someone else. Sean O'Haire? Well at this time, O'Haire is green and learning, so he's worse, but he had sick moves and strikes. So if DeMott is a 65... 60? 55? Sounds about right. You can again argue 5-points either way, but its more of a "feeling" of a stat then an exact.

The main idea (and dont get me wrong, I'm likely wrong on many cases) is most workers, at a glance, are "yea thats about right" then only upon really digging in you can maybe go. "Actually, he probably should be different here or there"

And as Idol pointed out, I like to think because the "feel" is there, if you really want random numbers and to pine over "so and so is 61, and so and so is 63" as opposed to both likely just being 60, the game has that built in variance feature.

Perfectly put. That's the exact same reasoning I use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick one on this. Im not here to try and get to changes any attributes. I always download a mod and alter any to my liking anyway before playing. The mod looks really really good and a tip for anyone who would like more long term wrestlers in there (download another mod with extensive future wrestlers, change the date to the same date as this, and import not yet debuted)

The detail especially in terms of the wrestlers personality etc are very detailed. 

The only thing i really wanted to mention is toughness. My belief is its meant to be how tought the wrestler is in terms of a fight? The numbers you have put in seem quite off, just wanted to point it out to you.  

Just an update on this. I'm playing it now and its really really good. For longevity I did add future workers from other mods, but ive currently done 6 months game time and its really spot on. Doesn't seem like workers are OP and doesn't seem like the maker of the mod has preferred wrestlers that hes bumped up. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
21 hours ago, pringle1996 said:

is this still being updated ?

On 9/9/2023 at 11:12 PM, MrCanada said:

just a fyi, while this data is not dead, I recently had a major life event (new baby!) which will prevent me from really working on it for a good long while.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, pringle1996 said:

is this still being updated ?

Dont expect any updates for the reason I stated. Weirdly though, I opened the data just 2-days ago for the first time in 6-some odd months and added 2-or-3 workers because I was bored.

The "worst" part of the data is the Broadcasters, and I really just have no interest in working on them at the moment or foreseable future. Besides that, I do consider the data "done" and any other updates are simply things I've felt like adding. If someone wants to redo broadcasters or find me a "Free to import" work done by someone else, please feel free to help. (same with Arenas)

My goal with the data was to be able to play about 10-years. Thats 9-years longer then I think most saves go. Ultimately 97% of the major players in real-life WWE through the Ruthless Aggression & PG Era (2018 or so), are in the data (except all the divas) and 80% of the major indy guys for that period are there too.

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MrCanada said:

Dont expect any updates for the reason I stated. Weirdly though, I opened the data just 2-days ago for the first time in 6-some odd months and added 2-or-3 workers because I was bored.

The "worst" part of the data is the Broadcasters, and I really just have no interest in working on them at the moment or foreseable future. Besides that, I do consider the data "done" and any other updates are simply things I've felt like adding. If someone wants to redo broadcasters or find me a "Free to import" work done by someone else, please feel free to help. (same with Arenas)

My goal with the data was to be able to play about 10-years. Thats 9-years longer then I think most saves go. Ultimately 97% of the major players in real-life WWE through the Ruthless Aggression & PG Era (2018 or so), are in the data (except all the divas) and 80% of the major indy guys for that period are there too.

Feel free to import the Broadcasters from my 1992 data if you want. Although, you probably would need to do some editing as a few of them would have changed name by 2001 it wouldn't be as much time as researching and adding from scratch.

Same goes for arenas. I've tried to limit arenas to "would that be used" or "has that been used" rather than just pumping in every major stadium.

As I said though, it is up to you.

On the subject of Broadcasting...

- NJPW on TV Asahi (Tour Highlights)
- NJPW on TV Asahi 2 (Events)
- WWE Raw moved to J-Sports 3 in Japan
- WWE Smackdown moved to J-Sports 3 in Japan
- AJPW removed from GAORA (didn't start broadcasting shows on there until 2007)
- AJPW removed from Samurai (When Nippon cancelled AJPW shows in 2000, it held on to its 15% stake in the company to prevent it from airing anywhere else - thus in 2001, AJPW did not have a TV deal from what I can tell)
- NOAH removed from Samurai TV (It has a Tour show and Event show on Nippon TV)  Samurai TV only show the bigger House Shows run by NOAH and not Tours/Events.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 1:38 AM, MrCanada said:

I'd be happy to help out in any way. Absolutely love this time period and the possibilities available

I am not sure why but the data in this thread isn't the most up to date file. If anyone is wanting to play bethebooker has the most up to date however it doesn't have the FF data which is my favourite way to play. I am hoping this will be changed but as my last post was ignored I doubt it

• Like 1

Can we get a number of Generic Title pics and Unattached Company Logos and MAYBE TV/Event pictures perhaps from other mods added to the base mod? I usually try and open a Child company while playing WCW and it's annoying not really having options for Logos for anything. 

20 hours ago, KidCoheed said:

Can we get a number of Generic Title pics and Unattached Company Logos and MAYBE TV/Event pictures perhaps from other mods added to the base mod? I usually try and open a Child company while playing WCW and it's annoying not really having options for Logos for anything. 

Not to be "that guy" but can you not just copy them yourself from any other mods picture folder you have into the 2001 picture folder?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KidCoheed said:

It's incredibly easy to add your own images to the folder 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:51 PM, kinqconnor said:

I am not sure why but the data in this thread isn't the most up to date file. If anyone is wanting to play bethebooker has the most up to date however it doesn't have the FF data which is my favourite way to play. I am hoping this will be changed but as my last post was ignored I doubt it

I think it is but Mr. Canada looks to have not updated the "1.0 Alpha" Database Details field in game. I may be wrong but it seems most of the fixes have been done in the uploaded data.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

it should be the most up-to-date data.

That said, by absolute pure chance, I started pecking at the data again. Namely just adding some "to debut" workers and correcting a few tiny things.

So there may be an update in the coming... lets say couple months.

Basically what I did was go through AEW & WWE's current rosters and pulled out anyone who debut before 2008 (or so) as well as a few others that popped into my head for some reason to add. I already added a small handful but cant remember who.

List of people who MAY be added by the next update, also note people are added under debut-accurate names 99% of the time so not necessarily the name listed below.

TO ADD:
Paul Ellering (ADDED)
Ricochet (ADDED)
Emi Motokawa aka Emi Sakura (ADDED)
Yutzak Arafat aka Alex Abrahantes (ADDED)
Rob Eckos aka Robbie E aka Mr. Stone (ADDED)
Kevin Paine aka Keith Lee (ADDED)
Steven Walters aka Cash Wheeler aka Dash Wilder (ADDED)
KC McKnight aka Dax Harwood aka Scott Dawson (ADDED)
Mascara Oriental aka Rey Fenix (ADDED)
Nick Jackson (ADDED)
Matt Jackson (ADDED)
JC Ryder aka Fire Ant aka Orange Cassidy (ADDED)
Scorpio Sky (ADDED)
The Stro aka The Maestro (ADDED)
Shoichi Ichimiya (ADDED)
Joe Doering (ADDED)
Ryota Hama (ADDED)
Hartley Jackson (1999)
Kevin Matthews (2000)
Mikey Nicholls (2001)
Pat Buck (2001)
Alexander Wolfe (2001)
Chuck Taylor (2002)
Mike Bennett (2002)
Dan Eckos (2002)
Brodie Lee (2003)
Andrade/Brillante Jr. (2003)
Raymond Rowe (2003)
Shane Matthews/Matt Menard (2003)
Scott Parker/Angelo Parker (2003)
Shane Haste (2003)
Bryan Kelly (2003)
Bandido/Eddie Orengo (2003)
Wolfgang (2003)
Tyler Black (2004)
Wade Barrett (2004)
Player Uno (2004)
Nick Aldis (2004)
Plazma/Trent Beretta (2004)
Jinder Mahal (2004)
QT Marshall (2004)
Shiima Xion (2004)
Johnny Gargano (2005)
Tommaso Ciampa (2005)
Punishment Martinez (2005)
Austin Creed (2005)
Dorian Deville (2005)
Stupefied/Stu Grayson (2005)
Brian Cage (2005)
Akira Tozawa (2005)
Tony Nese (2005)
Michael Nakazawa (2005)
Brandon Cutler (2005)
Kofi Kingston (2006)
Jake Hager (2006)
Joe Gacy (2006)
Ethan Page (2006)
Ariya Daivari (2006)
Vincent (2006)
Pentagón Jr. (2007)
Rush (2007)
Jey Uso (2007)
Jimmy Uso (2007)
Pete Dunne (2007)
Bronson Reed.Jonah Rock (2007)
AR Fox (2007)
Adam Cole (2008)
Adam Page (2008)
Miro (2008)
Bo Dallas (2008)
Ludwig Kaiser (2008)
Bray Wyatt (2009)
Roman Reigns (2010)

WOMEN:
FMW:
AKINO (1998)
Chaparita ASARI (1992)
Kaori Yoneyama (1999)
Misae Genki (1994)
Jillian Hall (1998)
Amber O'Neal (1999)
Mercedes Martinez (2000)
Krissy Vaine (2000)
Rain (2001)
MsChif (2001)
Candice LeRae (2002)
Sarah Stock (2002)
Daizee Haze (2002)
Nikki Roxx (2002)
Christie Ricci (2002)
Shantelle Taylor (2003)
Portia Perez (2003)
Josie (2003)
Kana (2004)
Tiana Ringer (2004)
Serena (2005)
Riho (2006)
AJ Lee (2007)
Ashley Lane (2007)
Iyo Sky (2007)
Dakota Kai (2007)
Viper/Piper Niven (2007)
Bayley (2008)
Hikaru Shida (2008)
Nikki Cross (2008)

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 2

On 3/24/2024 at 2:40 PM, Fleisch said:

I think it is but Mr. Canada looks to have not updated the "1.0 Alpha" Database Details field in game. I may be wrong but it seems most of the fixes have been done in the uploaded data.

Oh how stupid of me. I could have sworn it wasn't I will quickly dismount my high horse

On 3/24/2024 at 11:11 AM, MrCanada said:

it should be the most up-to-date data.

That said, by absolute pure chance, I started pecking at the data again. Namely just adding some "to debut" workers and correcting a few tiny things.

So there may be an update in the coming... lets say couple months.

Basically what I did was go through AEW & WWE's current rosters and pulled out anyone who debut before 2008 (or so) as well as a few others that popped into my head for some reason to add. I already added a small handful but cant remember who.

List of people who MAY be added by the next update, also note people are added under debut-accurate names 99% of the time so not necessarily the name listed below.

TO ADD:
Paul Ellering (ADDED)
Ricochet (ADDED)
Emi Motokawa aka Emi Sakura (ADDED)
Yutzak Arafat aka Alex Abrahantes (ADDED)
Rob Eckos aka Robbie E aka Mr. Stone (ADDED)
Kevin Paine aka Keith Lee (ADDED)
Steven Walters aka Cash Wheeler aka Dash Wilder (ADDED)
KC McKnight aka Dax Harwood aka Scott Dawson (ADDED)
Mascara Oriental aka Rey Fenix (ADDED)
Nick Jackson (ADDED)
Matt Jackson (ADDED)
JC Ryder aka Fire Ant aka Orange Cassidy (ADDED)
Scorpio Sky (ADDED)
The Stro aka The Maestro (ADDED)
Shoichi Ichimiya (ADDED)
Joe Doering (ADDED)
Ryota Hama (ADDED)
Hartley Jackson (1999)
Kevin Matthews (2000)
Mikey Nicholls (2001)
Pat Buck (2001)
Alexander Wolfe (2001)
Chuck Taylor (2002)
Mike Bennett (2002)
Dan Eckos (2002)
Brodie Lee (2003)
Andrade/Brillante Jr. (2003)
Raymond Rowe (2003)
Shane Matthews/Matt Menard (2003)
Scott Parker/Angelo Parker (2003)
Shane Haste (2003)
Bryan Kelly (2003)
Bandido/Eddie Orengo (2003)
Wolfgang (2003)
Tyler Black (2004)
Wade Barrett (2004)
Player Uno (2004)
Nick Aldis (2004)
Plazma/Trent Beretta (2004)
Jinder Mahal (2004)
QT Marshall (2004)
Shiima Xion (2004)
Johnny Gargano (2005)
Tommaso Ciampa (2005)
Punishment Martinez (2005)
Austin Creed (2005)
Dorian Deville (2005)
Stupefied/Stu Grayson (2005)
Brian Cage (2005)
Akira Tozawa (2005)
Tony Nese (2005)
Michael Nakazawa (2005)
Brandon Cutler (2005)
Kofi Kingston (2006)
Jake Hager (2006)
Joe Gacy (2006)
Ethan Page (2006)
Ariya Daivari (2006)
Vincent (2006)
Pentagón Jr. (2007)
Rush (2007)
Jey Uso (2007)
Jimmy Uso (2007)
Pete Dunne (2007)
Bronson Reed.Jonah Rock (2007)
AR Fox (2007)
Adam Cole (2008)
Adam Page (2008)
Miro (2008)
Bo Dallas (2008)
Ludwig Kaiser (2008)
Bray Wyatt (2009)
Roman Reigns (2010)

WOMEN:
FMW:
AKINO (1998)
Chaparita ASARI (1992)
Kaori Yoneyama (1999)
Misae Genki (1994)
Jillian Hall (1998)
Amber O'Neal (1999)
Mercedes Martinez (2000)
Krissy Vaine (2000)
Rain (2001)
MsChif (2001)
Candice LeRae (2002)
Sarah Stock (2002)
Daizee Haze (2002)
Nikki Roxx (2002)
Christie Ricci (2002)
Shantelle Taylor (2003)
Portia Perez (2003)
Josie (2003)
Kana (2004)
Tiana Ringer (2004)
Serena (2005)
Riho (2006)
AJ Lee (2007)
Ashley Lane (2007)
Iyo Sky (2007)
Dakota Kai (2007)
Viper/Piper Niven (2007)
Bayley (2008)
Hikaru Shida (2008)
Nikki Cross (2008)

For someone who always tries to start a women's division in this mod, those additions will be greatly appreciated!!! Also they could do to start the original SHIMMER roster. 

I also want to take the opportunity to thank you for this mod, it is the one I play the most and I always have lots of fun playing it. 

• 1 month later...