Hall of Fame 2023 - Voting

• 1 month later...

The following is written by Chat GPT (This is a Place holder)

[The spotlight beams down on the stage as the crowd erupts into cheers and applause. Togg, the charismatic host, steps into the center with an infectious grin.]

Togg: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the grand stage of the TEW's Hall of Fame! Tonight, we celebrate the finest minds and pens in the world of wrestling. Get ready for an electrifying evening filled with memories, laughter, and, of course, some high-flying drama!"

[The crowd's excitement reaches a fever pitch as Togg gestures to the side of the stage.]

Togg: "Our first inductee needs no introduction to those who have been following the Wrestling Diary Writers circuit. An absolute force to be reckoned with, known for his wit, wisdom, and sharp analysis, please give it up for the one and only... Christmas_Ape!"

[Christmas_Ape, with a humble yet proud smile, walks up to the podium as the crowd showers him with thunderous applause.]

Togg: "Next up, we have a writer who has graced the pages of wrestling journals with his unparalleled storytelling prowess. The master of intrigue, the king of suspense, let's hear it for DarK_RaideR!"

[DarK_RaideR strides onto the stage, nodding graciously to the audience as they cheer for his remarkable contributions.]

Togg: "Now, let's shift our attention to someone whose passion for wrestling is unparalleled. A true icon of the written word, King Bison has crafted narratives that have resonated with fans across generations. Let's give it up for the maestro of the wrestling diary, King Bison!"

[King Bison walks with a regal gait, acknowledging the roaring crowd with a nod and a warm smile.]

Togg: "Our next inductee is a true connoisseur of the classic era, a walking encyclopedia of wrestling history. He has kept the flame of nostalgia burning bright. Join me in welcoming the ever-revered Old School Fan!"

[Old School Fan steps onto the stage, greeted by a wave of nostalgia and heartfelt cheers from the audience.]

Togg: "Last but certainly not least, we have a writer whose words have sparked conversations and controversies alike. Known for fearlessly delving into the raw truths of the wrestling world, let's give a rousing cheer for the fearless Pipers Pit!"

[Pipers Pit, unflinching and determined, walks up to the podium, acknowledging the crowd with a slight nod.]

Togg: "Each of these exceptional individuals has left an indelible mark on the wrestling diary scene, crafting narratives that have enriched our love for the sport. Let's give a final round of applause to all our esteemed inductees tonight!"

[As the applause echoes through the hall, Togg raises his hands, basking in the collective appreciation of the TEW's Hall of Fame's newest inductees.]

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

• Togg unpinned this topic

Oh nice! Thanks to anyone who voted.

It's so strange for me to think I've been on these boards over 11 years now. Although my engagement and contributions have been sporadic over those years I really feel like I've gotten a lot out of my time here. So my only point to make is to anyone who is considering starting a diary, who isn't sure if it'll be any good, or if anyone will read, or if it will last... I think I've had diaries that tick those boxes, but I've also had diaries that ticked none of them! Regardless though I've always enjoyed it and would always recommend getting involved with this community. 

• Like 9

Wow.  That's all I can say.  Thank you very very much for this honor and I don't use the word lightly.  This board and its writers have entertained and inspired me to do these projects over the years.  The biggest thank you is to my partner in crime, @Kimberly.  She's my muse, my sounding board and often the person who keeps me sane when I come up with a crazy idea.  Thank you all.

• Like 7

On 10/18/2023 at 10:31 PM, piperrulz said:

I didn't get into the Hall?! I'm leavin'! Just kidding. Congrats to all the winners!

Togg, is it possible to see a voting breakdown?

The voting was very tight at the top, not to mention across the board. As for a breakdown in votes... After doing it only once, having a huge drama of people kicking off because of how many they got compared to how many they thought they should... NEVER AGAIN 😁. (see Hall of fame 2016-17, i think 😄)

All i will say is that, NOBODY got ZERO

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I randomly remembere HoF was a thing and had to hunt down this thread all of a sudden. Never had any idea I'd actually been inducted this time 😅

Thanks for the votes of confidence, these forums and writing diaries are what really made the game a joy for me to play and what keeps me playing it. Writing really gives substance and direction to my booking, coupled with reading all the wonderful diaries here and seeing the constant output of art it all upgrades the game experience. I'm just glad if people are enjoying my stuff as much as I enjoy producing it and reading theirs.

• Like 2