NWF: Disrupting The Market

Thank you for all the comments heading into the show, I really appreciate it!

On 3/13/2024 at 1:30 PM, The Lloyd said:

Any other comments/questions on the diary: Great to see you still putting out great content mate. I'm not very active on the boards lately, but I've got a week off work this week, and have read the last few shows. Love the talent you've picked up from Australia and Europe - absolute gold mines if you can tap them! ;) 

Thanks @The Lloyd! Great to have you along, I love your 21CW diary! I'm trying to limit my 'imports' from abroad as I want to keep it a 'British' company at its core, but some of them are just too tempting - Big Mac and Landon Mallory spring to mind!

On 3/13/2024 at 2:53 PM, newbiezness said:

Any other comments/questions on the diary: This diary has gone from strong to stronger. The Cruiserweight World Cup was a brilliant idea with a perfect execution so far. The NWF British Heavyweight scene was a concern in early days, now there are 4/5 wrestlers that could hold the belt. The only criticism, a minor issue, is the Tag Team division in the last shows. Future X and The Northern Lights are the only viable champions I see, since Lee and O'Hearne have problems, The British Bangers have been more of a trampoline for Leighton Buzzard and The Force isn't working. However, you made a great job with The Foundation and they have all the tools, so I'm confident that they'll feel important after the Cruiserweight World Cup.

Thanks for the kind words @newbiezness! I agree on the tag division at the moment. I moved the belts onto The Northern Lights to give The Network an initial momentum boost, but the division has now just moved into a holding pattern. I know where I want the belts to go next, but I feel like the division needs some fresh blood before I make the switch (keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of months :)).

On 3/13/2024 at 7:48 PM, SomeLazyMagic said:

Any other comments/questions on the diary: I'm honestly very unfamiliar with the UK scene in the C-Verse, but your diary has done so well at fleshing out a lot of the region's history and talent that it's hard to not try playing through some of it in my games! Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see how much bigger the NWF can grow!

Thanks @SomeLazyMagic! I wasn't hugely familiar with the UK scene when I started the diary, outside of a couple of short failed 21CW saves and a short lived R2G save. I've had a lot of fun discovering new workers and building back stories for them within the diary. I'm not sure it's 100% C-Verse canon, but I'm having fun with it! :) I think I've said before, but I'm just using base game NWF with the pop boosted to get on WrestleWorld GB as soon as it launches - which I think is a great starting point for a save.

On 3/14/2024 at 1:13 AM, KyTeran said:

Any other comments/questions on the diary: Great job with the Cruiserweight World Cup and for all the setups done for the matches for this show.  It will be interesting to see how many of the Cruiserweight World Cup contenders stay with NWF and to see how the cruiserweight title scene develops after this show.

Thanks @KyTeran! I'm really happy with how the Cruiserweight World Cup event came together - it's the most well rounded show I've done so far imo. I'm planning on keeping a couple of the CWC guys around going forwards (I think it's fairly obvious who! 😋, and have a couple of big ideas for the Cruiserweight division over the next few months!

Cruiserweight World Cup Final: Welsh Dragon vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

I like Welsh Dragon a lot but Edison Silva is on a whole different level and the only way this result could be different would be an interference from Leighton Buzzard. I don't think that a face will do it in NWF, although Leighton is one of the very few who could do it without turning heel IMO. That won't be the case though. I'm curious about the reaction that Edison Silva's win will get from the British fans and if he will show a Brazilian flag or something similar.

Cruiserweight World Cup Final: Welsh Dragon vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

I like Welsh Dragon, I really do, but unless there is some type of interference, I don't see him getting the upset over Silva.

16 hours ago, John Lions said:

Cruiserweight World Cup Final: Welsh Dragon vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

I don't think Welsh Dragon is ready to beat a guy like Silva yet.

You called it @newbiezness! I was toing and froing about whether to go ahead with the tournament, and it was the Brazilian flag reveal at the end that made me go ahead with it. Between stealing the English spot from the more deserving Leighton Buzzard, to then rejecting the English flag in place of the Brazilian flag - I think it sets up Edison Silva as the biggest, most hated heel in the NWF.

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Leighton Buzzard vs JK Lee (C)

Bang! Bang! Bang! This is the right moment.

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Leighton Buzzard vs JK Lee (C)

Why to I see Leighton winning tonight, one JK Lee has not had the best of luck with his partner Padraig recently, two Padraig could inadvertently cost Lee his title setting up a feud between the two of them, three Leighton winning the title here could set up an eventual rematch between him and Silva down the line, and most importantly four, it would be a banger.

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Leighton Buzzard vs JK Lee (C)

I could see this going either way, but I think Leighton deserves it after the work he's put in the last couple months

I'm gad you all agreed that it felt like Leighton's moment. After being screwed out of a tag title shot by Ultra Violence, then out of the Cruiserweight World Cup spot by Edison Silva - I felt like the fans would be really behind him for this one, and it would be a good pick me up after Silva winning the CWC earlier in the show. @KyTeran called the botched interference from Padraig O'Hearne, it will be interesting to see if the two can work it through.

If Nate Manchester loses he leaves NWF: Nate Manchester w/ Leo Price vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Good bye Nate, this will be a great achievement for Big Mac, who has the NWF British Heavyweight title in his future.

If Nate Manchester loses he leaves NWF: Nate Manchester w/ Leo Price vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

I feel that this is the big win that Nathan needs to truly reach the main event level.

If Nate Manchester loses he leaves NWF: Nate Manchester w/ Leo Price vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Poor Big Mac eating another L. If Nate himself wasn't the guy who introduced the stop, I could see him losing and fighting with Frank/Legal to get reinstated

Big Mac finally got his big win to push him up into the Main Event. Nate was furious about having to put him over, but @KyTeran had chosen Nate as the man he wanted to fire as a prediction prize a couple of months ago. I'm not sad to see Nate go, he constantly refused to put people over and his ratings were uninspiring. This is a big feather in the cap for Big Mac and The Network, and a big blow to Leo Price and the babyfaces.

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: (C) 'The Springbok' Landon Mallory vs 'The Celtic Hammer' Stuart Wilson

Wilson could perfectly dethrone Landon. He's been built for it. It's just a matter of personal preference, I'd like Big Mac or Silva to do the job.

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: (C) 'The Springbok' Landon Mallory vs 'The Celtic Hammer' Stuart Wilson

Stuart has had a good build and looks to be a credible challenger for Landon, but The Springbok is going to hammer away at Wilson and retain his title.

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: (C) 'The Springbok' Landon Mallory vs 'The Celtic Hammer' Stuart Wilson

I'd love to see Stuart win at some point but I don't think it's now

I'm glad you all enjoyed the build for Stuart Wilson. He was a character I had a plan for up until he left Chuck, but no real plans after that. I wanted to keep him relevant, so decided he would be Landon's next challenger without a clear idea on how it would work. I came up with the Olympic level preparation build last minute, but I think it worked out really well - and, despite only running 12 minutes, the title match massively overdelivered against expectations! The plan was always to move Stuart onto something different (and fun) over the next few months away from the title, but after his performance in the Main Event this definitely won't be his last shot a the title!

• Like 3

TEW.thumb.png.56b0c1628adb27d8785341e5dbbcb0b2.png

WrestleWorldGB.jpg.86fc1d427bbf6b9777f677de74b23444.jpg NWF.jpg.4c41064af487bed6558493cb94adeeda.jpg

WrestleWorld GB announce NWF Renewal

In a statement released by the NWF following last nights ‘Cruiserweight World Cup’ event, the company confirmed that they had reached an agreement to extend their TV and Event coverage on the WrestleWorld GB steaming platform for a further six month.

In a statement from WrestleWorld, the company said that they were delighted to extend their agreement with the NWF – who continue to produce their highest viewed content in the UK. There will be no change to the current schedule, with new episodes of National Wrestling added every Wednesday evening and monthly PLE’s being shown live on the first Sunday of every month.

NateManchester.jpg.09bef7c7d0a217132b141349e8ae5756.jpg

Nate Manchester released by the NWF

In a separate statement, the NWF also confirmed the release of Nate Manchester following his loss to Nathan McKenzie at the companies ‘Cruiserweight World Cup’ event. The NWF would like to thank Nate Manchester for his work over the first nine months of the NWF’s existence, and wish him well in his future work. Nate Manchester will continue to appear for the Scottish National Promotion (SNP) in Scotland.

BretHeartbreak.jpg.23b29ed123a33c6575b3aaa2c612e1f2.jpg EWA.jpg.9daffaaeec3de7d94d536afd09ceea0e.jpg

Bret Heartbreak/EWA update

Reports coming out of Europe indicate that Bret Heartbreak has shockingly handed in his notice to leave the EWA. With his father, Byron, owning the company many considered Bret Heartbreak to be an EWA ‘lifer’. There has been no official statement released by the EWA, and no word on how Byron has taken the news. More on this story as we get it.

NWF.jpg.9360e50552dbc2bf5aa800e46bf88759.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you to everybody who commented, predicted and reacted to Cruiserweight World Cup, I really do appreciate it! I hope everyone enjoyed the show, I think it's my favourite show I've booked in the diary so far!

The Cruiserweight World Cup event was the final event in the latest round of predictions. Congratulations to @smw88, @KyTeran and @newbiezness for perfect scores, and special congratulations to @smw88 for getting the event grade spot on! It was a very tight finish, with @KyTeran pipping @Wrestling Machine for the win by a single Bonus Point! @KyTeran keep an eye on your PM's for your prize!

The next round of predictions will begin with Episode 37 of National Wrestling, I hope to see everyone there :)

Prediction Results for Cruiserweight World Cup

@smw88 6/6 + 2 Bonus

@KyTeran 6/6 + 2 Bonus

@newbiezness 6/6 + 1 Bonus

@SomeLazyMagic 5/6 + 1 Bonus

@kanegan 5/6 + 1 Bonus

@Wrestling Machine 5/6 + 1 Bonus

@StanMiguel 5/6 + 1 Bonus

@John Lions 5/6 + 1 Bonus

@The Lloyd 3/6

Combined Prediction Results

@KyTeran 23/25 + 2 Bonus

@Wrestling Machine 23/25 + 1 Bonus

@SomeLazyMagic 22/25 + 1 Bonus

@smw88 21/25 + 2 Bonus

@newbiezness 21/25 + 1 Bonus

@kanegan 17/21 + 1 Bonus

@John Lions 16/19 + 1 Bonus

@StanMiguel 16/25 + 1 Bonus

@azzak 8/9

@The Lloyd 3/6

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 37

Grace of Fire (Welsh Dragon & Bali Daljit) vs XS & Aurelian Bradley

??? vs Damian Dastardly

The Youth Bandits (Ian Vincible & Cannonball Logan) vs High Society (Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

Rohan Kirchner vs Bret Heartbreak

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Leighton Buzzard (C) vs JK Lee

• Like 2

??? vs Damian Dastardly

The Youth Bandits (Ian Vincible & Cannonball Logan) vs High Society (Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

• Like 1

Welsh Dragon and Bali get a win after they both lost to Silva in the Cruiserweight World Cup.  Also, I always give a team with a name a better chance than a team of two wrestlers thrown together.

??? vs Damian Dastardly

Damian is going to cheat isn't he.

High Society needs a win.

Nice to see Rohan, but just like High Society, Bret could use a win.

I don't see Leighton dropping the title on his first defense.  I don't know why, but I imagine Padraig costing JK again.  I could be wrong, but I can see it happening.

• Like 1

Great show Enigma! You're killing it recently ;) overall just a solid and entertaining diary to follow.
That main event rating was huge!

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 37

??? vs Damian Dastardly we all love this cocky SOB lol, huh?

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Leighton Buzzard (C) 🥰 vs JK Lee

• Like 1

Congrats on the Cruiserweight World Cup rating!

??? vs Damian Dastardly

Great to see Damian Dastardly after the World Cup! I'd understand if he losses this match, but as we don't know the opponent I'll support him.

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Leighton Buzzard (C) vs JK Lee

Very important match for Leighton, we'll see if he can main event. Banger after banger!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 10:34 AM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Thanks @The Lloyd! Great to have you along, I love your 21CW diary! I'm trying to limit my 'imports' from abroad as I want to keep it a 'British' company at its core, but some of them are just too tempting - Big Mac and Landon Mallory spring to mind!

Thanks mate :) With 21CW, I can import a fair bit, but I agree with you trying to keep this NWF as British as possible.

With that in mind, you've picked up some awesome Brits who work in Europe. I really like your roster.

Bradley is really good in the ring! Decent ent. skills too. He's probably the best "Graduated from the National School of Wrestling, but 21CW decided not to offer him a contract" guys

??? vs Damian Dastardly
In my RAW diary, Spiffy Stan Standish got a 12 month injury right when he and Alexander Banks were about to take off - so I brought Damian Dastardly in to replace him and he was excellent.

My favourite team here! Dylan will learn a lot from Joey.

Edited by The Lloyd
  • Like 1

??? vs Damian Dastardly

• Like 1

??? vs Damian Dastardly

• Like 1

??? vs Damian Dastardly

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

NWFNationalWrestling.jpeg.15afd946b2097b7c6e1cedd0ba260832.jpeg

National Wrestling

Episode 37

Wednesday W2 July 2021

Show Rating: 61

NWF.jpg.aa6577d5c3dfb977a55753309ea48f3c.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.ddade46c3b67640ba6883a09ff080f6c.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.849b943dfde76418a51ffe8a2b62cac5.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to National Wrestling. My name is Jackie Goldstein and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie! We are just three days removed from a huge night of wrestling at Cruiserweight World Cup! We crowned a World Cup winner, a new Cruiserweight champion AND we had the best match in NWF history in the main event!”

Jackie Goldstein: “After losing his title on Sunday night, we’re told JK Lee has exercised his rematch clause immediately, and he will face new champion Leighton Buzzard in tonights Main Event!”

Melanie Florence: “It should be a banger Jackie…”

WelshDragon.jpg.317d205728f9fc440983eb3f78060ec3.jpgBaliDaljit.jpg.4d9fc1f93bc56baaacfa98d418f720d1.jpgvs.jpg.e93149e7f44bcf70b265b25f56aa73c0.jpgXS.jpg.21cb6c9aa2f7b494d2980ded08b5726e.jpgAurelianBradley.jpg.360e56725d90a8419e5a3e2d6eefc2c0.jpg

Grace of Fire (Welsh Dragon & Bali Daljit) VS XS & Aurelian Bradley

We opened the show with the news that, as a reward for their excellent showings in the Cruiserweight World Cup, the NWF board had announced that Grace of Fire would be the number one contenders for the British Tag Team Titles at Victory! (Edison Silva defeated both men en route to winning – Bali Daljit in the semis and Welsh Dragon in the final).

Both of these teams showed excellent chemistry with their partners, utilizing frequent tags and double team moves in an attempt to out maneuver their opponents. After a frantic opening few minutes, it was Welsh Dragon who seized the initiative for his team with his lucha-libre inspired moveset. Arm Drags, Drop Toe Holds, Hurricanranas, and more Arm Drags were all on display as the Welshman picked up the pace. With their young opponents on the rope, Welsh Dragon tagged in Bali Daljit – who climbed to the top rope for his impressive Shooting Star Press, a move which he executes with rare grace. Bali made the cover to secure a momentum boosting victory for the new number one contenders.

Winners: Grace of Fire (Welsh Dragon & Bali Daljit)

Rating: 47

While the Grace of Fire duo had performed well at the Cruiserweight World Cup, next we had the winner of the tournament heading down to the ring – Edison Silva, still draped in his Brazil flag (much to the disgust of the NWF crowd) was joined, as always, by his legal advisor Mo Adebola.

EdisonSilva.jpg.db1cb9cc2cef9c04dc755e2d70b38097.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.d9f4abc823601a182c97c1f1ce11a893.jpg

Mo Adebola: “Please allow me to introduce to you: Your Cruiserweight champion of the world – representing the nation of Brazil, Edison Silva!”

The crowd launched into a fresh round of boos, as Mo Adebola feigned shock in the ring.

Mo Adebola: “It would appear that you people haven’t learned about respect over the past three days! My client deserves…”

However we didn’t get to hear what Edison Silva deserved, as Mo Adebola was drowned out by the music of the British Heavyweight Champion – ‘The Springbok’ Landon Mallory!

LandonMallory.jpg.82a59134b0107f3a425df9bb3adde768.jpg

The crowd roared Landon Mallory to the ring, their support amplified by the combination of a groundswell of support for the South African and their hatred of Edison Silva and Mo Adebola.

Landon Mallory: “I’m sorry to interrupt, but I couldn’t just stand by and listen to you of all people lecture these people on respect…”

Mo Adebola: “What are you doing out here Landon? You’re not English, and you’re not a Cruiserweight… this doesn’t concern you! So show some respect to a World Cup winner and keep your mouth shut!”

Landon Mallory: “The only person who needs to learn about respect around here is you, and I’d be more than happy to teach it!”

The crowd popped at the idea of Mallory vs Silva.

Mo Adebola (Grinning): “If you want to teach us some respect, why not do it in the ring – with that title of yours on the line?”

Landon Mallory: “I’ll fight you any time, any place! I’d be happy to beat your client in front of all of these people, Yebo!”

Mo Adebola: “My client doesn’t fight on free TV, and he definitely doesn’t fight in front of these people! But he’ll accept your offer at Victory!”

The crowd booed Mo Adebola and Edison Silva as they bailed from the ring, and headed to the back with grins on their faces. Landon Mallory held his title high, as the commentators hyped the magnitude of Mallory vs Silva!

Rating: 72

_BlankBackground.jpg.89efdb04c91c25b8dcb85b66d5016e3c.jpgvs.jpg.e93149e7f44bcf70b265b25f56aa73c0.jpgDamianDastardly.jpg.2558bc5460e42f8dcb076147d88072ff.jpg

Local Talent VS ‘The Diabolic’ Damian Dastardly

Damian Dastardly showed off all of his dastardly tricks in this one. A poke to the eye earned the Kiwi a rebuke from referee Roy Worrall, causing Dastardly to get in the referee’s face to argue his case. With Roy Worrall’s view obscured by Dastardly’s body, ‘The Diabolical’ one took the opportunity to deliver a mule kick low blow to his poor opponent. With his opponent doubled over, Dastardly finished things with his Dastardly Cunning (Cross-Rhodes).

Winner: Damian Dastardly

Rating: 36

JKLee.jpg.bf1702bace80f675c668c20dedf7b4f0.jpg

We cut backstage to find JK Lee taping his wrists. The former Cruiserweight champion had chosen to activate his rematch clause immediately, after losing the title on Sunday. Lee blamed his tag team partner Padraig O’Hearne for the loss, after the Irishman’s failed attempt to interfere on his behalf in Sunday’s title match.

PadraigOHearne.jpg.cf1fe3c1cb58cbb8e0f537939c115d5a.jpg

There was a knock at the door, and a nervous Padraig O’Hearne poked his head round.

Padraig O’Hearne: “Look fella, I just wanted to apologise for Sunday night… and to let ya know that I’ve got your back tonight!”

JK Lee (angrily): “No!”

Padraig O’Hearne: “No?”

JK Lee: “No Padraig, you’re the reason I lost my title in the first place. So stay the hell away from the ring tonight!”

With that JK Lee stormed out of the room, leaving an upset looking Padraig O’Hearne.

Rating: 38

We cut to a different locker room, where we found The Force meditating.

JaseCole_alt1.jpg.c7c2e03ad6cbd7eda3a951ed2a347481.jpg ChristopherLister_alt1.jpg.d55f574b3c363acb5a750291c864ce87.jpg

Jase Cole: “Greater the imbalance is growing… time not much we have…”

Christopher Lister: “The Lone Wolf is too powerful to be left unchecked. Next week I will seek to bring balance to The Force…”

Rating: 43

CannonballLogan.jpg.112f89e0736fe64b91ca92eeb6b18d72.jpgIanVincible.jpg.1575a092b767bbb7090bf9e67381a844.jpgvs.jpg.e93149e7f44bcf70b265b25f56aa73c0.jpgDylanDrama.jpg.6f1fbdfc147c8022deae282b0621f783.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.57deac1e9ed8f4bfc134d92b1ccd0231.jpg

The Youth Bandits (Cannonball Logan & Ian Vincible) VS High Society (Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

After the incident on Sunday evening, Byron was noticeably absent from ringside for this match. Dylan Drama started the match for his team, but he didn’t study for four years at Oxford to eat the right hands Cannonball Logan was throwing at him. He tagged in Joey Beauchamp, who was always rough and ready – and ‘The Breeze’ used a combination of his street smarts and veteran wiles to take control of the contest and hit his Breeze Block (Forward Russian Legsweep) to secure a debut victory for the new High Society.

Winners: High Society (Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

Rating: 42

DylanDrama.jpg.6f1fbdfc147c8022deae282b0621f783.jpg JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.57deac1e9ed8f4bfc134d92b1ccd0231.jpg

Drama and Beauchamp pompously celebrated their victory in the ring, before the music of Byron played over the speakers.

Byron.jpg.a1e34a353a3e5851174b3d5a07790269.jpg

Byron stormed down to the ring, looking furious as he demanded to know why neither Drama nor Beauchamp had been in touch since Sunday. Beauchamp stepped between Drama and Byron, as the young aristocrat explained that after Sunday’s incident Byron was now persona non grata in his circles – and Drama couldn’t afford to be associated with him… if his father even knew he was talking to Byron, heaven forbid!

Dylan Drama slid out of the ring, before motioning for Joey Beauchamp to join him. Beauchamp hesitated for a moment as Byron asked Beauchamp if he was really going to leave him after everything he had done for him?

Joey Beauchamp: “We’ve known each other a long time me old mucker, but… I’ve grown accustomed to the finer things in life…”

Beauchamp turned to leave, as Byron told Beauchamp this would be the end of their friendship… was Beauchamp really okay with that?

Joey Beauchamp: “I am cool… I am the Breeze.”

With that Beauchamp headed to the back with Dylan Drama, leaving a furious Byron stewing in the ring. On commentary, Melanie Florence was furious at the treachery of Joey Beauchamp.

Rating: 49

RohanKirchner.jpg.62e8437f567656a1138ab25d5ae725ad.jpgvs.jpg.e93149e7f44bcf70b265b25f56aa73c0.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.7bef6a8f53cbcb7b651a7088a7a2a81d.jpg

Rohan Kirchner VS Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

Jackie Goldstein informed us that after the incident with Lone Wolf last month and his recent split from the EWA, Bret Heartbreak’s sole focus was now on making it as a singles wrestler in the NWF – much to the relief of Holly Leves. This renewed focus seemed to do Bret the world of good, as the youngster was able to secure his first singles victory in the NWF with a Heart Attack (Diving Top Rope Clothesline) just after the eight minute mark.

Winner: Bret Heartbreak

Rating: 45

We cut backstage to the Nate Manchester Retirement Party – an event that had been put on by The Network in celebration of ‘Big Mac’ Nathan McKenzie’s win on Sunday evening.

FinkFinkleton.jpg.3f4dd40d7cc21dfe9a42d16570030964.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.5b13fa108f4e742de6997f31a28a871a.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.0bd8630d267cc8c05cc00d8c16cbd8cd.jpgNathanMcKenzie.jpg.abdb14544e3e19b67e6783481626961b.jpg

As well of the members of The Network, a number of Network board members were in attendance as well as a group of attractive young woman – presumably enticed by the free booze. Frank Finkleton and The Northern Lights were busy schmoozing the board members, but Big Mac had cornered a young Canadian woman – who looked bored out of her mind.

Marbella.jpg.64b20ba953bfbbf3ad38e57030567522.jpg

Luckily for the young woman Frank Finkleton ran over and insisted Big Mac come with him to meet some important board member, giving the young woman a reprieve. Big Mac quickly followed Finkleton and shook hands with the board member, before excusing himself to head back to his conversation… only to find the young woman deep in conversation with someone else!

EvanAlpass.jpg.b9cc8b713744a4e5266d5e83ab47bd74.jpg

Evan Alpass had crashed the party to steal the free beer, but now had ‘Marbella’ giggling at his jokes. We watched the pair leave the party arm in arm, before the camera cut back to a furious looking Big Mac.

Rating: 45

Next the camera cut to the familiar parking lot of the newly christened Olympia gym. Surprisingly it was Chuck Frisby and Dwayne Dark that the camera followed into the gym.

ChuckFrisby.jpg.ef9c5e325d95b12db859759d78759ce4.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.d0a8fe60dc54d2207ec7d95c71a25109.jpeg

Dwayne Dark: “I don’t get it boss, why are we here?”

Chuck Frisby didn’t answer his client, instead he greeted the receptionist and told her that they were both there for their induction. The pair were shown around the gym, which had seen a complete refit since its days as the Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness gym – with all new equipment, a sauna room and actual paying customers.

Frisby did not seem impressed by the upgrades, but he did seem very interested when the personal trainer giving them the induction mentioned that the gym held a lifting meet on the final Tuesday of every month. The personal trainer grinned and whispered to Dwayne Dark - “THAT is why we are here!”

The segment ended with Chuck Frisby signing both himself and Dwayne Dark for memberships. Frisbywinced at the £100 a month price tag, but the personal trainer pulled out some of the ill-gotten cash he had won from the NWF crowd in his physical challenges, and used that to pay their first months membership…

Rating: 51

Generic_Cruiserweight.jpeg.2c30576803f3db5e96ed7c988a3ccc0e.jpeg

LeightonBuzzard.jpg.6fc4cf18fef4db7996e25bc7319a7bb9.jpgvs.jpg.e93149e7f44bcf70b265b25f56aa73c0.jpgJKLee.jpg.bf1702bace80f675c668c20dedf7b4f0.jpg

(C) Leighton Buzzard VS ‘The Bulldog’ JK Lee

NWF Cruiserweight Championship

After his shock victory at the Cruiserweight World Cup on Sunday, Leighton Buzzard was forced to defend his new title only three days later after JK Lee had immediately activated his rematch clause. The new Cruiserweight champion seemed intent on making his first defence a banger, as Buzzard came flying out of the blocks with his high octane, high flying style.

However after some initial success for the champion, Lee took on the role of party pooper as he got hold of Buzzard and took the contest to the mat. Slowing the pace of the match right down, Lee took complete control and looked on course to regain his title. He expertly maneuvered Buzzard into position for his Crossface submission in the middle of the ring. Buzzard fought desperately against the hold, but looked to be fading until the crowd got behind him and gave him a second lease of life. With one final surge of adrenaline, Buzzard made it to the ropes – forcing a shocked JK Lee to break the hold.

While he had broken the hold, Buzzard was clearly feeling the effects of being locked in for so long – with the champion favouring his back. With his Bulldog like tenacity, Lee looked to push home his advantage – but Buzzard was able to break the challengers momentum with a Back Body Drop, leaving both men down. The crowd were behind Buzzard as he pulled himself back to his feet, before ducking under a wild right hand from Lee and delivering a picture perfect Dropkick. Bang! And another! Bang! The champion scrambled to the top rope, and despite his bad back was able to deliver his Buzz Off (Diving Tornado DDT) and secure a banger of a first title defence!

Winner: Leighton Buzzard – Title Defence #1

Rating: 61

Jackie Goldstein: “Leighton Buzzard does it! He looked down and out, but he rallied and retains his title!”

Melanie Florence: “JK Lee looks furious! He thought he had that match won!”

Jackie Goldstien: “And he can’t blame Padraig O’Hearne this time! The Irishmen was nowhere to be seen…”

• Like 5

Fantastic show. Banger after banger after Banger. Leighton is on fire!

I like your take on Damian Dastardly, the sky is the limit for him.

Not sure where Chuck Frisby's story is going but I'm sure it'll be something good as usual.

Evan Alpass and The Network had a great start with that flirting segment.

NWF British Heavyweight champion Landon Mallory vs Cruiserweight World Cup champion Edison Silva is fire. The Brazilian flag twist was a perfect way to position him as the ultimate heel in NWF. There are two interesting questions: if Silva will recover the title and if they can beat the best rating in NWF.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 8:41 AM, Wrestling Machine said:

Great show Enigma! You're killing it recently ;) overall just a solid and entertaining diary to follow.
That main event rating was huge!

On 3/17/2024 at 9:23 AM, newbiezness said:

Congrats on the Cruiserweight World Cup rating!

Thanks both, I was really happy with how the Cruiserweight World Cup played out! I have some fun ideas over the next few months, so hopefully the diary will continue to entertain :)

On 3/17/2024 at 10:56 AM, The Lloyd said:

Thanks mate :) With 21CW, I can import a fair bit, but I agree with you trying to keep this NWF as British as possible.

With that in mind, you've picked up some awesome Brits who work in Europe. I really like your roster.

Thanks @The Lloyd! The Brits over in Europe felt like natural pick ups, particularly the likes of Byron & Joey Beauchamp - who I feel many in universe would have expected to get 21CW runs over their career. I think I'm done raiding Europe (for now 😛), as my roster is starting to get a bit bloated in the mid card and I want to focus on elevating a couple of the younger guys.

On 3/17/2024 at 4:23 AM, KyTeran said:

Welsh Dragon and Bali get a win after they both lost to Silva in the Cruiserweight World Cup.  Also, I always give a team with a name a better chance than a team of two wrestlers thrown together.

I am using XS and Aurelian Bradley as a regular team as they have great chemistry, I just haven't found a name I like for them yet. Suggestions welcome!

Bradley is really good in the ring! Decent ent. skills too. He's probably the best "Graduated from the National School of Wrestling, but 21CW decided not to offer him a contract" guys

Bradley is someone I didn't really know what to do with. He suffers from the Cruiserweight title being my midcard belt, as he's too big to be part of that division, but isn't popular enough to be part of the British Heavyweight scene. Finding chemistry between him and XS gives him a natural home, but I still need to find a gimmick for them in my head before I can get behind them. So for now he's stuck in the role of Heel jobber tag team, which he is probably a little too talented for.

On 3/17/2024 at 4:23 AM, KyTeran said:

??? vs Damian Dastardly

Damian is going to cheat isn't he.

Yes... yes he is :)

On 3/17/2024 at 9:23 AM, newbiezness said:

??? vs Damian Dastardly

Great to see Damian Dastardly after the World Cup! I'd understand if he losses this match, but as we don't know the opponent I'll support him.

??? vs Damian Dastardly
In my RAW diary, Spiffy Stan Standish got a 12 month injury right when he and Alexander Banks were about to take off - so I brought Damian Dastardly in to replace him and he was excellent.

I have high hopes for Damian Dastardly. He was @newbiezness request for the Cruiserweight World Cup as a prediction prize, but I can see a perfect spot for him as the devious Heel of the Cruiserweight division - so I've decided to keep him around. Paying the travel from Oceania hurts, but Big Mac recently relocated to England so I'm viewing it as a net zero between the two :)

My favourite team here! Dylan will learn a lot from Joey.

Beauchamp has slightly underperformed in the diary so far. He's suffered a lot from chemistry issues (both partners and opponents), but I'm hoping this pairing can both revitalise Joey, and kick start Dylan Drama's NWF career now that he is free of Byron's shadow!

19 hours ago, newbiezness said:

Fantastic show. Banger after banger after Banger. Leighton is on fire!

I like your take on Damian Dastardly, the sky is the limit for him.

Not sure where Chuck Frisby's story is going but I'm sure it'll be something good as usual.

Evan Alpass and The Network had a great start with that flirting segment.

NWF British Heavyweight champion Landon Mallory vs Cruiserweight World Cup champion Edison Silva is fire. The Brazilian flag twist was a perfect way to position him as the ultimate heel in NWF. There are two interesting questions: if Silva will recover the title and if they can beat the best rating in NWF.

Thanks @newbiezness! I'm loving that everybody is behind Leighton, rebranding to the British Bangers has really kickstarted his push!

Damian Dastardly is someone I just saw a gap for on my existing roster. My only Cruiserweight Heels were JK Lee (technical guy), Brilliant White (theatrics/daredevil) and Ultra Violence (hardcore guy). I guess you have Chuck Frisby as well, but I consider him a manager now. Having Dastardly as the classic break the rules for the sake of breaking them heel felt like it's own niche and really added to the division.

Chuck has been stuck in a holding pattern for a couple of months waiting for a few pieces to fall into place (this should make sense in time), but Frisby's Foundation for Fitness is now firmly back front and centre. Chuck is still my favourite character in this diary, so I'm excited to have more of him on the show!

I'm still feeling out Evan Alpass. His defining feature seems to be his pretty boy good looks (he has 85 Sex Appeal), so I'm trying to lean into that but it hasn't clicked yet. I'm hoping the addition of Marbella will help develop his character.

Mallory and Silva are my two top guys, so I'm hoping for big things from them - especially given the ratings Landon Mallory has pulled since becoming champion!

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted to the latest episode, I really do appreciate it! We had a record amount of predictions for the episode, with an incredible 11 predictions on the card! Welcome to @The Blonde Bomber and @alliegolem as first time predictors, and congratulations to @smw88, @kanegan, @KyTeran, @Wrestling Machine, @newbiezness, @SomeLazyMagic, @alliegolem and @John Lions for their perfect scores. I hope to see everyone back for the next episode!

I have worked out that 'Victory' will mark the 50th show I will have booked in the diary, so I will try and work out a 'special prize' for this round of predictions!

Prediction Results for National Wrestling Episode 37

@smw88 5/5

@kanegan 5/5

@KyTeran 5/5

@Wrestling Machine 5/5

@newbiezness 5/5

@SomeLazyMagic 5/5

@alliegolem 5/5

@John Lions 5/5

@The Blonde Bomber 4/5

@The Lloyd 4/5

@StanMiguel 4/5

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 38

The Foundation (Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath) vs XS & Aurelian Bradley

Christopher Lister vs Lone Wolf

The Youth Bandits (Cannonball Logan & Ian Vincible) vs State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

'The Prodigy' Darin Flynn w/ Mark Moore vs Evan Alpass w/ Marbella

• Like 4

Moore's guys all the way!

F*** The Force 🤣

The Youth Bandits (Cannonball Logan & Ian Vincible) vs State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

State Of Mind r back baby

I'd like to give an opportunity to Alpass and Marbella but I want Moore's guys to keep climbing to the top more

• Like 1

Considering how you mentioned how Bradley and XS are currently in the heel jobber slot, I don't expect to see them win anytime soon.

The Force is weak to the Wolf.

Finally State of Mind is back together in NWF.

Congrats on the new manager Evan, however I don't think that you are at the level of The Prodigy.

• Like 1

'The Prodigy' Darin Flynn w/ Mark Moore vs Evan Alpass w/ Marbella and I expect a Big Mac beatdown after this one

• Like 1

• Like 1