Mid South Rasslin' [LSW, CVerse 2020]

Posted (edited)

lsw.png

LSW Texan Rumble 2023
Saturday, Week 3, January 2023
Held in Dallas, TX (Mid South) in front of 5,474 people
97,064 viewers on WrestleWorld

A brand new announcing team composed by Lee Bambino as play-by-play commentator and MC Motormouth as colour commentator introduce us to LSW Texan Rumble 2023! The first event of 2023 opens in the same way as the last show of 2022 ended, the new LSW Texas Heavyweight champ Shooter Sean Deeley celebrates his championship win inside the squared circle, praised by his agent Vinny Cruz who, improvising very well throughout the segment, says he is thrilled by his client's rapid rise to the top of the division, which will show all his next challengers the power of a wrestling machine! Dressed in a red tracksuit, “The Shooter” says he will watch tonight's Texan Rumble match closely, curious if the winner will have the courage to challenge him for the Texas Heavyweight title. [60]

carlosgonzalez.png marcogonzalez.png   davidstone.png jaredjohnson.png
The Gonzalez Family (Carlos, Marco) vs David Stone, Jared Johnson

The new armed arms of Cactus Jack Pryde and The Most Wanted faction, Carlos and Marco Gonzalez take on David Stone and Jared Johnson in a decent tag team match. After eleven minutes, the babyfaces seem to have the upper hand after a hot tag that ignites Jared Johnson's momentum, but the arrogant Puerto Ricans screw it up by getting intentionally disqualified: DQ! Despite a cheap ending, this bout gets the crowd hotter. [55]

Joined by their leader Cactus Jack Pryde and Maverick Chip Martin, the Gonzalez keep assaulting David Stone and Jared Johnson in a four-on-two beatdown, until a familiar music and some red lights interrupt their plans! IT'S SOUTHERN STINGER! The facepainted vigilante and Brass Knuckles champ run in to help the babyfaces and, within a little over a minute of arriving, The Most Wanted are sent back outside of the ring, where they regroup as Cactus Jack Pryde gives instructions to Maverick Chip Martin. “The Maverick” in fact, as a No DQ match for the LSW Brass Knuckles championship against Southern Stinger, and their match is up next! [43]

Before returning to the action inside the ring, interviewer Sweet Tabitha talks with Xavi Ferrera and Tyrone Gray about their winning debuts at LSW Desperados 2022. Nonstop Action, that's what the two are called, delivers a classic babyface promo about how excited they are to be able to compete in a stacked tag team division and show off their athletic skills and never-ending stamina. [36]

lsw-brassknuckles-stinger.png

southernstinger.png   maverickchipmartin.png
Southern Stinger (c) vs Maverick Martin in a No DQ match for the LSW Brass Knuckles title
We're back inside the ring, where a decent bout fought under brass knuckles rules takes place between the champ and the challenger. A wild brawl from start to finish during, David Stone and Jared Johnson render favor to “The Stinger” by covering his back and wrestling at ringside with The Gonzalez Family and Cactus Jack. After seven minutes, Maverick Chip Martin attempts to hit the champ by swinging the title strap passed to him by Venus Angeletti, but Southern Stinger ducks it and within seconds connects his Rayne Drop to make defense number seven of the LSW Brass Knuckles championship. [51]

In a taped video, the former LSW Texas Heavyweight champ Kip Keenan talks about his recent loss at LSW Desperados, complimenting the new champ Shooter Sean Deeley and accepting defeat, like a perfect babyface. Unfortunately, “The American Eagle” confirms his absence from the Texan Rumble today due to, kayfabe-wise, a well-deserved rest he owed his body after a very busy 2022. Kip Keenan wishes good luck to the twenty competitors who will be competing for Texan Rumble, promising that he will be back in action very soon and that 2023 will be another memorable year for him and all his fans! [64]

And now back on stage, while Frantic Ali is already in the ring ready to meet his opponent, Ricky Dale Johnson personally takes the trouble to introduce the very last signing of Lone Star Wrestling, one of the best young prospects in this business, a rare gem: ZAP POWERSON! A very good reaction for the imposing young Powerhouse, who appears on stage and immediately goes to shake hands with his new boss, thanking him for his confidence. Good looking, with a sculpted physique oozing star quality, Zap Powerson seems to have what it takes to be a superstar in the pro wrestling world, will he be able to convince everyone even inside the squared circle? [66]

franticali.png   zappowerson.png
Frantic Ali vs Zap Powerson

In a bout that has decent wrestling but doesn't have much heat, the debuting Powerhouse remains in control throughout the entire seven-minute-match, connecting his signature Press Powerslam to defeat Frantic Ali by pinfall. This match gets the crowd hotter and much of the audience cheers the young babyface after his victory. [52]

Sweet Tabitha is once again backstage, ready to interview The Dynamite Express who, like real a**h***s, mock the lady for having formerly been the valet of her friends The Heartbreak Express, who disappeared after losing the LSW Tag Team championship to them. Working it weel without a script, Cam Jones and Syd Collier then mock the injured Storm Spillane, The Wild Cats who they defeated last month, and in general the entire tag team division, reminding everyone that they are the two tag champs and the best duo in the Mid South. [42]

And now it’s time for the Texan Rumble!! Ricky Dale Johnson and his assistant Mya Catalan explains the rules about this over-the-top rope lottery battle royal, point out that the winner will be able to challenge anyone he wants here in Lone Star Wrestling, including champions for their title belts! The LSW Texas Heavyweight champ, Shooter Sean Deeley walks out alongside his agent Vinny Cruz, e i due si posizionano first row behind the railings, in a private spot, to witness the match. [60]

20-Man Texan Rumble

marvelmalloy.png eddiechandler.png maliekchamberlain.png taheijikonoe.png southernstinger.png

Marvel Malloy and “Fabulous” Eddie Chandler, in one of his last matches given his announced retirement, are #1 and #2, being joined next by #3 babyface Maliek Chamberlain and #4 ‘The Animal’ Taheiji Konoe, who initially allies with Eddie Chandler to dominate the other two competitors. At #5 here comes the LSW Brass Knuckles champ, Southern Stinger, who after not even a minute manages to eliminate Taheiji Konoe! The savage Japanese is out, courtesy of “The Stinger”!

robreynolds.png alcoleman.png texashangman.png

#6 is Rob Reynolds and #7 is Al Coleman, two former friends and recent enemies, meanwhile Maliek Chamberlain is the second one to go as Eddie Chandler throws him out. At #8 here comes Texas Hangman! The imposing babyface heavyweight immediately goes to brawl with his rival Al Coleman, who tried to injure him recently so he wouldn't be up against him in the Rumble, meanwhile Eddie Chandler is out! Marvel Malloy, looking great even as solo, eliminates him by throwing him over the third rope.

daviswaynenewton.png dreadnought.png 

At #9 and #10 two allies join the match, Davis Wayne Newton and the menacing Dreadnought. The masked behemoth clears the ring, eliminating Rob Reynolds, and after about a minute Al Coleman is punished by Texas Hangman, who avoids elimination and in turn throws “Mr. Submission” over the third rope with a Choke Slam. Double pop for the Dallas crowd, which shortly after sees fan favorite Southern Stinger eliminate Dreadnought with a remarkable Clothesline!

davidstone.png quentinqueen.png millerfforde.png bigsmashclay.png

At #11 it is David Stone's turn, followed by Quentin Queen at #12. Davis Wayne Newton tries to eliminate Southern Stinger, the Brass Knuckles champ guards well and chases him away, but Quentin Queen himself takes advantage to blindside “The Stinger” and eliminate him! Miller Fforde at #13 and Big Smash Clay at #14 joins the Rumble, but Vinny Cruz' security guard stays briefly in the ring, being eliminated by Texas Hangman after roughing up all the other competitors a bit. Texas Hangman is the only one standing in the middle of the squared circle, when ...

sayeedali.png

A BLACK MUSCULAR MALE ATTACKS THE HANGMAN! The announcing team recognizes in him “The East Side Assassin” ... IT'S SAYEED ALI! With a very menacing manner, the debutant assaults Texas Hangman with raw violence, then managing to throw him over the third rope to eliminate him! Texas Hangman is out of the Rumble, and after this vicious beatdown, Sayeed Ali exits the ring and returns backstage with a merciless attitude, just as a killer would do after finishing his job. But why did he do that?

jaredjohnson.png jamesprudence.png tavonblakejr.png primetimejackpryde.png

The clock strikes for #15, Jared Johnson, who enters the action well by eliminating Davis Wayne Newton, and following Marvel Malloy scores his second elimination by throwing Miller Fforde out. One of the favorites to win, James Prudence enters the Rumble as #16, followed by Tavon Blake Jr at #17 who, however, is eliminated after one minute by “Platinum” himself. Jared Johnson is also eliminated by James Prudence, who plays dirty to get rid of “Double J”. At #18 here comes Cactus Jack Pryde, and during his entrance David Stone pulls off an upset by eliminating James Prudence! What a moment for the young Canadian star, but watch out! Cactus Jack enters the squared circle and launches himself directly at him, eliminating him from the Rumble! James Prudence, at ringside, unleashes his wrath on poor David Stone by throwing him into the steel steps before returning backstage. Just over a minute passes and it is time for the penultimate entry....

hollywoodjakeidol.png

“Hollywood” Jake Idol is back in Lone Star Wrestling!!! A well known name on the American scene, “Hollywood” hasn't been seen here in the Mid South for a while after spending a few months in the New York area, but he's back now! Meanwhile in the ring, Quentin Queen ends a decent Texan Rumble, being eliminated by Marvel Malloy who's still in the match despite entering as #1. Such a great solo performance. And now it's only a matter of seconds, who will be the 20th and final participant?

calislick.png

CALI SLICK!!! Out of the scene after being kayfabe-wise injured by Shooter Sean Deeley, the Californian runs in and, before entering the ring, points directly at “The Shooter” seated over the railings, launching himself at him! OMG! Cali Slick is out here for vengeance and tries to rough up the champ, but security guards break the two apart. Anyway, this energetic attack on the top heel of the company immediately changes the audience's perception toward Cali Slick, who is applauded despite being quite a bad guy in past years. “The Draw” then enters the match, and it is now a four-way game with him, Marvel Malloy, Cactus Jack and Jake Idol! Cali Slick is on fire, however, and he eliminates Cactus Jack Pryde first, then getting the better of Marvel Malloy, who ends up over the third rope after a stunning Rumble. “Hollywood” Jake Idol comes really close to eliminating “The Draw,” but eventually Cali Slick's momentum is red hot tonight and the Californian is able to throw Jake Idol over the third rope to win the 4th Texan Rumble match! Marvel Malloy finishes as the Ironman and shares the most elimination with Cali Slick himself, tied at 3, while Jake Idol finishes as the runner-up. [64]

After the bell, Shooter Sean Deeley overtakes the railings and tries to blindside Cali Slick, who however counterattacks and forces the champion to flee the entrance ramp, being joined by a shocked Vinny Cruz. His former client is back, and delivers a solid promo that suddenly makes him babyface with a successful turn. 2023 is revenge season for “The Draw,” who is looking forward to getting his hands on “The Shooter” and that slimy P.O.S. Vinny Cruz. And about the prize for winning the Texan Rumble, Cali Slick is very clear; he wants Shooter Sean Deeley next month at LSW Dust Bowl 2023, in a title match for the LSW Texas Heavyweight championship! [58]

OVERALL RATING: 60

Predictions Standings:
Charasmatic Enigma [2 Pts]
scapegoat [2 Pts]
CGN91 [1 Pts]
DinoKea [1 Pts]
Herrbear [1 Pts]
2022 PREDICTIONS CHAMP - KyTeran [1 Pts]
newbiezness [1 Pts]

Edited by Wrestling Machine
  • Like 6

Nobody thought Kip could be out of the Texan Rumble and even in that situation my pick Hangman couldn't make it to the finalists (damn it Sayeed Ali ruined my prediction).

I didn't remember Jake Idol as someone who was interesting during his previous time in LSW so I'm really surprised that he was given this great opportunity right away. Let's see if he is up to expectations this time.

Oh snap that was a close call by myself. I had Cali Slick in mind as the winner, but wasn't too sure and picked him as my runner-up. I'm curious how it will turn out for him against Shooter.

Low scores for Texan Rumble's predictions, but it's not that strange due to the type of event!

I like y'all picks, especially on the up and coming debutant: Ray Cavalero and Freedom Eagle especially are on my shortlist, but when I saw the opportunity to sign Zap Powerson for real I was shocked! Will really try to treat him with kid gloves given his charisma and star quality.

19 hours ago, newbiezness said:

I didn't remember Jake Idol as someone who was interesting during his previous time in LSW so I'm really surprised that he was given this great opportunity right away. Let's see if he is up to expectations this time.

He joined LSW as part of Ernest Youngman's “Inner Circle” which was originally supposed to become a stable with the two of them, Jackpot Jordan, Jack Pryde and Venus Angeletti. Youngman's departure changed the plans and by a lot, but on reflection I thought that “Hollywood” Jake Idol could very well be a main eventer in LSW, perhaps with a faction behind him. Obviously the goal is pushing him more than he did last time, even if he won the Mid South Tag Series in 2021!

10 hours ago, CGN91 said:

Oh snap that was a close call by myself. I had Cali Slick in mind as the winner, but wasn't too sure and picked him as my runner-up. I'm curious how it will turn out for him against Shooter.

Yeah that was close! Small inside, Cali Slick was undecided between two exclusive deals between LSW and GSW, and I promised myself that if he signed with us I would reward him with a great run in 2023, kinda role-playing it a bit. Now that the babyface turn was a success, and he went back being muscular, let's see if I can really make him “The Draw” and bring him up among the stars of the company.

• Like 2

totalwrestlingnews.png

Total Wrestling News: Tag Team Worker Injured in LSW

The year got off to a bad start for Antonio Del Veccio, who sustained a Spinal Disalignment during a pre-show match at LSW Texan Rumble 2023. The Italian-American will have to be out of action for a couple of months. An insider reports how there were backstage tensions between Antonio Del Veccio himself and his partner Brutus Milano on the one hand, and El Jaguar on the other, as the Mexican luchador was accused of botching the spot in which the New Yorker was injured. However, there was nothing more than a few heated verbal exchanges.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

lsw.png

Preview for LSW Dust Bowl 2023

Wolfie Tagg vs Zap Powerson
Labeled by Ricky Dale Johnson himself “one of the best young prospects in this business, and a rare gem”, Zap Powerson debuted successfully at the Texan Rumble by defeating Frantic Ali. Now, in a one-versus-one between two young brawlers, Zap Powerson will clash with Wolfie Tagg, one half of The Hot Taggs and a tough brawler from Montana, who can challenge Zap Powerson with his brute strenght. Who will walk out with the W?

Nonstop Action (Chamberlain, Gray) vs The Wild Cats (El Jaguar, Tigre Salvaje Jr)
Due to the sudden departure of Xavi Ferrera, who will go to TCW soon, the brand new Nonstop Action tag team received a running change as Maliek Chamberlain, another young competitor full of athleticism and never-ending stamina, took the place of “Game Changer.” The V1 of the duo triumphed in the debut, V2 will also take home the victory in this two-on-two against Mexican luchadore El Jaguar and Tigre Salvaje Jr?

Southern Stinger (c) vs Quentin Queen in a No DQ match for the LSW Brass Knuckles title
"The Stinger" is called to title defense number eight against Quentin Queen, the weasel blackheart who managed to catch the champ off guard and eliminate him in the Texan Rumble. "Q-Man" did not then triumph in the match, but this highlight of his convinced the ownership to give him a chance at the Brass Knuckles championship.

Also, Kip Keenan will be back in action!

”Hollywood” Jake Idol vs Marvel Malloy
Both among the highlights of the recent Texan Rumble match, “Hollywood” Jake Idol was the runner-up in the Battle Royale, returning to Lone Star Wrestling and looking fitter than ever, while Marvel Malloy proved to be a star even as a solo, being the Ironman in the match by entry #1 and being the pentultimate eliminated. In a singles bout that promises to be really interesting in the show's uppercard, who will prevail?

The Dynamite Express (Jones, Collier) (c) vs David Stone, Jared Johnson for the LSW Tag Team titles
The tag team champs will have to defend their golds, as the babyface duo of David Stone and Jared Johnson, who have often wrestled as a tag team in recent times, received a title shot directly from the boss Ricky Dale Johnson. Cam Jones and Syc Collier are on top of the division right now, and are ready to resort to any tactic to keep the championships, will they be able to overcome the Canadian next gen star and “Double J”?

Shooter Sean Deeley (c) vs Cali Slick for the LSW Texas Heavyweight title
After a huge return with a victory in the Texan Rumble match, face-turned Cali Slick decided to play his shot right away, challenging Shooter Sean Deeley for the LSW Texas Heavyweight title. "The Shooter" had knocked out "The Draw" a few months ago, with sports agent Vinny Cruz's betrayal of his former client to side with Sean Deeley. "The Shooter" is a wrestling machine and, after defeating Kip Keenan, it's crazy to bet against him. But Cali Slick is back more pumped and muscular than ever, with enviable energy and grit, and many now hope to see “The Draw” walk out as new Texas Heavyweight champ!

Key for Predictions:
Wolfie Tagg vs Zap Powerson [1 Pts]
Nonstop Action vs The Wild Cats [1 Pts]
Southern Stinger (c) vs Quentin Queen in a No DQ match for the LSW Brass Knuckles title [1 Pts]
Kip Keenan vs ??? [1 Pts]
”Hollywood” Jake Idol vs Marvel Malloy [1 Pts]
The Dynamite Express (c) vs David Stone, Jared Johnson for the LSW Tag Team titles [1 Pts]
Shooter Sean Deeley (c) vs Cali Slick for the LSW Texas Heavyweight title [1 Pts]
Which match will get the highest rating? [1 Pts]
All three titles on the line! Will at least one championship change hands? [1 Pts]

• Like 2

LSW Dust Bowl 2023 Predictions

Zap Powerson def. Wolfie Tagg

The Wildcats def. Nonstop Action

LSW Brass Knuckles: Southern Stinger (c) def. Quentin Queen

Kip Keenan def. ???

"Hollywood" Jake Idol def. Marvel Malloy

LSW Tag Team: The Dynamite Express (c) def. Stone/Johnson

LSW Texas Heavyweight: Shooter Sean Deeley (c) def. Cali Slick

Highest Rating: Deeley v Slick

Will a title change hands: I gone no

• Like 1

Apparently Zap Powerson will be treated as a big deal

Southern Stinger (c) vs Quentin Queen in a No DQ match for the LSW Brass Knuckles title [1 Pts]

Easily this match can be a sleeper

The Dynamite Express (c) vs David Stone, Jared Johnson for the LSW Tag Team titles [1 Pts]

Shooter Sean Deeley (c) vs Cali Slick for the LSW Texas Heavyweight title [1 Pts]

Which match will get the highest rating? [1 Pts] Shooter Sean Deeley vs Cali Slick

All three titles on the line! Will at least one championship change hands? [1 Pts] No

• Like 1

Key for Predictions:
I feel the power!
Could be way off here, but I like the pairing of Nonstop Action

I could see you moving the title off Stinger in the near future, but I don't think Quentin Queen will be the man to do it

Kip is still the man!

After his strong showing in the Texas Rumble, I'd expect Idol to win here

Stone and Johnson are a strong pairing, but they don't have a team name which will come back to bite them in this match

Too early to Deeley to drop the belt

Which match will get the highest rating? [1 Pts]
Main Event
All three titles on the line! Will at least one championship change hands? [1 Pts]
No

• Like 1

Which match will get the highest rating? Shooter Sean Deeley vs Cali Slick [1 Pts]
All three titles on the line! Will at least one championship change hands? No [1 Pts]

Key for Predictions:
Which match will get the highest rating? [1 Pts] Stinger & Queen
All three titles on the line! Will at least one championship change hands? [1 Pts] No

lsw.png

LSW Dust Bowl 2023
Sunday, Week 3, February 2023
Held in Irvine Hall (Mid South) in front of 4,988 people
104,765 viewers on WrestleWorld

The Most Wanted open the show as their leader introduces the new faction lineup, shortening most of their names: starting from the head of the group Cactus Jack and his beautiful valet Venus Angeletti, his dear friend Maverick Martin - who seems to have accepted the leadership of “Prime Time” and to be at ease with his conscience after his former allies were kicked out of the brigade - and finally Maniac Gonzalez and Bandido Gonzalez, fka as Carlos and Marco or just The Gonzalez Family. It's a brand new group, a redefined “Inner Circle,” but there is one constant that The Most Wanted has inherited from the OG brigade: causing havoc in Lone Star Wrestling! [50]

hollywoodjakeidol.png   marvelmalloy.png
”Hollywood” Jake Idol vs Marvel Malloy

The first match of the card sees the last two eliminations in the Texan Rumble match going one-on-one, as the returning “Hollywood” Jake Idol squares up against a Marvel Malloy who is shining on his own, still orphaned by his partner Storm Spillane who's out injured with a torn quad. In an opener that has superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, “Hollywood” Jake Idol eventually is able to defeat Marvel Malloy in a well-balanced bout, pinning him after thirteen minutes with a Reality Check. MATCH OF THE NIGHT! [70]

maliekchamberlain.png tyronegray.png   eljaguar.png tigresalvajejr.png
Nonstop Action (Chamberlain, Gray) vs The Wild Cats (El Jaguar, Tigre Salvaje Jr)
The following contest is a tag team match full of high spots between the untiring Nonstop Action and Mexican luchadores The Wild Cats. In a fun and unique two-on-two in the Mid South territory, all four competitors put on a show with a high tempo and, after almost ten minutes, Maliek Chamberlain gets Tigre Salvaje Jr in a quick cradle for the 1-2-3-! Nonstop Action win the bout. [54]

After the match, The Wild Cats show respect for Tyrone Gray and Maliek Chamberlain, shaking hands with Nonstop Action and receiving cheers from a packed Irvine Hall, entertained by these two babyface duos. It is indeed a struggle to impose themselves in a stacked tag team division like Lone Star Wrestling, as Lee Bambino points out from the announcing table. [41]

In an in-ring promo, Sayeed Ali introduces himself and discusses what happened at the Texan Rumble, when he attacked Texas Hangman and knocking him out of the game. Explaining his reasons, Ali lets us know that he signed for LSW during the Rumble event - as Ricky Dale Johnson brought him in on the advice of Ali's uncle - and “The East Side Assassin” immediately took aim at the biggest target in the Rumble to make a statement. “The Hangman” interrupts him, saying that there will be consequences to his actions and that it’s now Ali the one with a target on his back! There’s an attempt to start a brawl, but Sayeed Ali rolls out of the ring, returning to the ramp, adding one particular detail. The uncle mentioned is in fact none other than ... TRAVIS CENTURY! “The Preacher” reappears in LSW after months, last seen when he was the victim of a Choke Slam by “The Hangman,” joining his nephew on the ramp with a smirk on his face as he stares down Texas Hangman, his former adept. [55]

kipkeenan.png   taheijikonoe.png
Kip Keenan vs Taheiji Konoe
"The American Eagle" is back! After losing the Texas Heavyweight championship in late 2022, Kip Keenan returns to action and takes on "The Animal" Taheiji Konoe, a savage brawler who in the first few minutes puts him in serious trouble, locking him in the corner and battering him to the delight of Duke Hazzard, Konoe's manager. With a slow build and fifteen minutes of time, the bout has good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, and eventually Kip Keenan surprises everyone by lifting Taheiji Konoe up his shoulders and reversing "The Animal" offense, finishing him with a One-Winged Eagle before pinning him. Great W to be back on track, "The American Eagle" is confirmed to be a major player for 2023 as well. [65]

With a bag of ice around his shoulder following his match, Marvel Malloy is teased by Brutus Milano, one half of The Empire. Both with their relative partner out injured, Marvel Malloy is intent on shutting up the New York arrogant powerhouse, promising that he will talk to the boss RDJ to schedule a one-versus-one as soon as possible. [52]

lsw-tagteam.png lsw-tagteam.png

camjones.png sydcollier.png   davidstone.png jaredjohnson.png
The Dynamite Express (Jones, Collier) (c) vs David Stone, Jared Johnson for the LSW Tag Team titles

In a bout that has good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crown, The Dynamite Express defend their championships against babyface duo formed by David Stone and Jared Johnson. The challengers hold their own against the champions, building good momentum and getting close to victory, but after about ten minutes an outside interference by The Most Wanted shakes up the cards! Bandido Gonzalez, Maniac Gonzalez and Maverick Martin storm in at ringside, distracting Jared Johnson and David Stone with whom they've had recent rifts, and it is the latter who ends up the victim of a Chop And Change by Syd Collier and Cam Jones that brings home a tainted victory. [62]

Interviewed by Sweet Tabitha, Kip Keenan reflects on his victory tonight and his future in the Mid South, stopping, however, after a little more than a minute when The Most Wanted arrive on the scene, while an entertained Cactus Jack congratulates his allies for interfering in the Tag Team titles match. Going face-to-face, the cocky Cactus Jack welcomes back “The American Eagle,” warning him that he and his brigade run the Mid South territory now! Babyface Kip Keenan obviously objects to this view, arguing that Jack Pryde is nothing more than a spoiled harmless kid with a gang of jerks in his wake. [52]

wolfietagg.png   zappowerson.png
Wolfie Tagg vs Zap Powerson
In a bout that doesn't have much heat, Zap Powerson clash with Wolfie Tagg, one half of The Hot Taggs and a tough brawler from Montana, defeating him in around seven minutes after a wild brawl, pinning him with his Press Powerslam. During the match, Kalder Tagg distracts Zap Powerson ma nopn basta, as the babyface heavyweight labeled as “one of the best young prospects in this business” scores the victory. [34]

Returning backstage, in a short segment we see an elegant James Prudence plucked from an arena room, followed closely by the agent Laura Catherine Huggins and her clients Dreadnought and Davis Wayne Newton. Nothing is clear, but it would seem that “Platinum” James Prudence and the stunning agent are planning a deal of some sort. [61]

lsw-brassknuckles-stinger.png

southernstinger.png   quentinqueen.png
Southern Stinger (c) vs Quentin Queen in a No DQ match for the LSW Brass Knuckles title
In a decent match, Southern Stinger and Quentin Queen do battle taking advantage of the no disqualification rule focusing mainly on forbidden shots, no rope break and count out. After ten minutes “The Stinger” takes control of the match winning a chair shots war, then going for his signature move before being blindside by an outside interference! Again, The Most Wanted group interfere and leader Cactus Jack himself hits the champ with a chair shot on his back! NOOOO!!! The heelish brigade is out here causing havoc in this No DQ match, just like they promised earlier on, and Cactus Jack connects his PrydeFall onto a chair to put Southern Stinger down and out. The Most Wanted vanish into thin air, and an exhausted Quentin Queen pounces on the champion's carcass: 1 ... 2 .. 3!!! To the delight of absolutely no one, we have a new Brass Knuckles champ. [57]

And now it's time for the main event! The LSW Texas Heavyweight champ Shooter Sean Deeley has a nice staredown with recently-turned babyface Cali Slick who won the Texan Rumble last month, and this hype segment is also joined by the figure of Vinny Cruz, as the sports agent raises the main championship to the sky, telling Cali Slick that his new client, unlike him, is a real star. [57]

lsw-texasheavyweight.png

shooterseandeeley.png   calislick.png
Shooter Sean Deeley (c) vs Cali Slick for the LSW Texas Heavyweight title

In a bout that has superb wrestling and good heat, Shooter Sean Deeley tries to outwrestle Cali Slick, who, however, is in top form and with his brawling skills keeps the technical abilities of the wrestling machine at bay. After fifteen minutes, “The Shooter” attempts a Tornado German Suplex that gets reversed by Cali Slick into his Slick Back! OMG!“The Draw” sellsss an ankle injury, however managing to throw himself over the champ: 1 ... 2 .. ROPE BREAK! That weasel S.O.B. of Vinny Cruz puts Sean Deeley's foot on the bottom rope, saving him. Cali Slick loses his mind and attempts to assault the sports agent at ringside, but is stopped by the referee. In a moment of chaos, the security guard Big Smash Clay storms into the ring and punishes Cali Slick with a huge Spinebuster! NO!!! And to follow, “The Shooter” traps Cali Slick into his Death's Triangle which, after about thirty seconds, knocks him unconscious. Shooter Sean Deeley wins the match by submission and makes defense number one of the Texas Heavyweight title strap. [69]

And as Shooter Sean Deeley closes the show raising his Texas Heavyweight title to the sky, echo the jubilant words of color commentator MC Motormouth, who with his heelish attitude celebrates a “fantastic night” that saw the babyfaces constantly screwed up during their title matches: “IT HAS BEEN A GLORIOUS NIGHT OF INFAMY!!!” [59]

OVERALL RATING: 65

Predictions Standings:
Charasmatic Enigma [8 Pts]
2022 PREDICTIONS CHAMP - KyTeran [7 Pts]
scapegoat [7 Pts]
CGN91 [6 Pts]
DinoKea [6 Pts]
newbiezness [6 Pts]
Herrbear [5 Pts]

• Like 5

Southern Stinger dropped the belt and The Most Wanted are back as a force to be reckon. Southern Stinger is my favorite character but I'll take it. It looks like Jake Idol is delivering after all. Kip's match was almost as good as the Main Event, he's too good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

lsw.png

Preview for LSW No Place for Old Men 2023

Kalder Tagg vs Zap Powerson
After defeating his brother Wolfie, Zap Powerson will have to go up against Kalder Tagg, the other half of The Hot Taggs. The babyface powerhouse was introduced with pomp and circumstance and dominated his first two matches, will he go for a three-wins streak? Or will the heel brawler from Montana overturn the odds and triumph, avenging his brother's defeat?

Nonstop Action (Chamberlain, Gray) vs The Oklahomans (Patterson, Night)
Maliek Chamberlain and Tyrone Gray proved to be a pair of young talents with enviable athleticism and never-ending stamina, going 100 mph all the time. In this two-on-two between babyfaces duos, Nonstop Action will have a style clash against The Oklahomans, a pair of young wrestlers with a more traditional, slow-paced fighting style. In a tag team bout with obvious repercussions on the tag team rankings as the 4th Mid South Tag Series approaches, it will be curious to find out who will walk out on top.

Sayeed Ali vs Texas Hangman
After making a name for himself by attacking the biggest target in the Texas Rumble, Sayeed Ali now has a target on his back and Texas Hangman will be trying hard to score! “The East Side Assassin” is called to his in-ring debut here in Lone Star Wrestling, and many expect that at his corner will be his kayfabe-uncle Travis Century, who in previous years had been the leader of The Strong Hand faction, of which Texas Hangman was a member before he came to his senses and moved away from that insufferable cult. Will “The Hangman” hang his new prey? Or will he end up down and out on the mat just like at the Rumble? You don’t want to miss this!

Brutus Milano vs Marvel Malloy
Both lacking their respective injured tag team partners, Brutus Milano and Marvel Malloy has been booked in singles matches by Ricky Dale Johnson, as the boss willingly accepted the proposal of “The Marvel” for a one-versus-one. The babyface Cobra has proven himself a skilled competitor in singles action as well, but his opponent is a ripped heavyweight Italian-American bully from New York, someone with whom it is never pleasant to be up against inside a squared circle. Who will score a victory in this one?

Davis Wayne Newton, Dreadnought vs The Wild Cats (El Jaguar, Tigre Salvaje Jr)
While one wonders what partnership is emerging between “Platinum” James Prudence and Laura Cathering Huggins, the clients of the female agent Davis Wayne Newton and Dreadnought will be engaged in tag team actions against The Wild Cats, as the Mexican luchadores will be looking for a solid win to gain momentum ahead of the Mid South Tag Series. The heelish duo formed by DWN and the behemoth Dreadnought is a scary team though, a lethal combo of brain and muscle, and it won't be easy to defeat them.

Big Smash Clay vs Cali Slick
“IT HAS BEEN A GLORIOUS NIGHT OF INFAMY!!!” these were the words of heelish color commentator MC Motormouth after Cali Slick was basically robbed of the Texas Heavyweight championship in his title match against champ Shooter Sean Deeley. The good news is that “The Draw” seems in better shape than ever, and was able to hold his own against a lethal wrestling machine like Sean Deeley, the bad news is that he still ended up in his Death's Triangle, falling unconscious and losing the match in a tainted way. Out for revenge, Cali Slick will collide with Big Smash Clay, Vinny Cruz & Sean Deeley's Security Guard who intervened in the title bout punishing Cali Slick with a devastating Spinebuster. Will “The Draw” be able to knock out the heavyweight security guard, moving closer again to a new title shot? Indeed, it is rumored that Ricky Dale Johnson will pay close attention to the match, interested in a potential rematch between Cali Slick and Sean Deeley for the Texas Heavyweight title that could make him a lot of bucks.

Cactus Jack vs Kip Keenan
Probably the biggest match in his young and, however annoying to admit, promising career, Cactus Jack Pryde is set to go one-on-one against the top babyface in Lone Star Wrestling history, “The American Eagle” Kip Keenan. Cactus Jack claimed that The Most Wanted faction is running the Mid South territory under his leadership, and they already caused havoc last month by interfering in multiple matches, but will “Prime Time” be able to run over Kip Keenan, perhaps with some help from his brigade? Or will “The American Eagle” prove to be a big opponent to handle for him? Of course, 99,99% of the audience will be rooting for Kip Keenan, hoping he can teach that spoiled kid a lesson.

Key for Predictions:
Kalder Tagg vs Zap Powerson [1 Pts]
Nonstop Action (Chamberlain, Gray) vs The Oklahomans (Patterson, Night) [1 Pts]
Sayeed Ali vs Texas Hangman [1 Pts]
Brutus Milano vs Marvel Malloy [1 Pts]
Davis Wayne Newton, Dreadnought vs The Wild Cats [1 Pts]
Big Smash Clay vs Cali Slick [1 Pts]
Cactus Jack vs Kip Keenan [1 Pts]
Will LSW No Place for Old Men get a 65+ Rating? [1 Pts]

• Like 1

LSW No Placr for Old Men 2023 Predictions

Zap Powerson def. Kalder Tagg

Nonstop Action def. The Oklahomans

Texas Hangman def. Sayeed Ali

Marcel Malloy def. Brutus Milano

DWN/Dreadnought def. The Wild Cats

Cali Slick def. Big Smash Clay

Kip Keenan def. Cactus Jack Pryde

Yes

If Sayeed Ali wins it'd be a big deal

Maybe superior chemistry can make it happen somehow

Will LSW No Place for Old Men get a 65+ Rating? [1 Pts] No, the Opening and Main Event don't give me much confidence

Will LSW No Place for Old Men get a 65+ Rating? Yes [1 Pts]

Key for Predictions:
Will LSW No Place for Old Men get a 65+ Rating? [1 Pts] No

Key for Predictions:
Zap is being presented as a big deal, whereas Kalder is a Tagg guy

The Oklahomans have improved, but I can see Nonstop Action taking this one

You mentioned wanting to push Ali, and this would be a huge win for him

Malloy went far in the recent Texan Rumble, so should capitalise on that momentum

DWN and Dreadnought have been big deals, The Wild Cats haven't

Rebound win for Cali

Keenan is still the man, and can hopefully drag Cactus Jack to a good match

Will LSW No Place for Old Men get a 65+ Rating? [1 Pts] Yes

Posted (edited)

lsw.png

LSW No Place for Old Men 2023
Sunday, Week 3, March 2023
Held in Houston, TX (Mid South) in front of 5,431 people
97,543 viewers on WrestleWorld

brutusmilano.png   marvelmalloy.png
Brutus Milano vs Marvel Malloy
In the oponer, Brutus Milano and Marvel Malloy go at each other in singles action and work the crowd, getting it hotter. In a bout that has good wrestling and a decent reaction from the Houston fans, it’s nice to see Brutus Milano and Marvel Malloy wrestle solo, as both their partners are currently out injured, and after a well-balanced ten minutes match, “Marvel” surprises the heel powerhouse with a cradle: 1 .. 2 .. 3! The babyface scores the W to the delight of the crowd in attendance. [58]

We're heading backstage where the lovely Sweet Tabitha finds herself interviewing again The Dynamite Express, as always very rude to her. Cam Jones and Syd Collier talk about the upcoming annual Mid South Tag Series promising that they will be the ones to triumph in the tournament. As current LSW Tag Team champions, moreover, The Dynamite Express will not even have to qualify for the final rounds like the other - and I quote - “lame tag teams”. [41]

kaldertagg.png   zappowerson.png
Kalder Tagg vs Zap Powerson

In a poor match, Zap Powerson gets in a wild brawl with Kalder Tagg and dominates him in six minutes, pinning him after his Press Powerslam. The up and coming muscular babyface defeats Kalder, after beating Wolfie last time, blasting away The Hot Taggs with ease and proving himself a true talent. From their announcing table, Lee Bambino and MC Motormouth discussed on what the future holds for Zap Powerson, a “can't miss prospect.” [36]

In another backstage segment, Cactus Jack and his valet Venus Angeletti are talking about Jack's upcoming match against “The American Eagle” Kip Keenan, when they cross the path of “Hollywood” Jake Idol! The two heels share some words, as Jake Idol kinda mocks fka Prime Time Jack Pryde who until last year was begging to join the “Inner Circle” of Jake Idol himself, Ernest Youngman and Jackpot Jordan. But, hey, “Hollywood” says he is happy for him that he has now found some outlaw embracing him as his leader! Cactus Jack keeps his cool despite these words hurting his ego, veiledly threatening Jake Idol that The Most Wanted faction could cause havoc even in a future match of his own, showing how dangerous an outlaw brigade can be. Good improv from both. [57]

maliekchamberlain.png tyronegray.png   jasonpatterson.png julesnight.png
Nonstop Action (Chamberlain, Gray) vs The Oklahomans (Patterson, Night)

In a bout that has a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Nonstop Action try to go 100 mph straight from the bell, but The Oklahomans successfully slow them down with headlocks and armbars. A style clash between fast and furious athlete and slow-paced brawlers that lasts around eight minutes, Tyrone Gray and Maliek Chamberlain finally are able to break free and start building a hot momentum with fast lightning combo, but somehow The Oklahomans are able to find the victory as Jules Night pins Maliek Chamberlain with a fast roll up out of nowhere! And this W even the tag team rankings even more, approaching the Mid South Tag Series. [43]

After a tainted win thanks to The Most Wanted interference, Quentin Queen is our new LSW Brass Knuckles champ - bringing back the original design for the title strap - and goes out of his way to remind us in an in-ring self-celebration promo, praising how he defeated Southern Stinger. Playing to the crowd's reaction, heelish “Q-Man” lets loose a phrase he regrets soon after, saying he can defeat anyone right here, right now to prove his worth. The boss Ricky Dale Johnson, walks out here and the cynical boss seizes the opportunity just as he usually does, realizing that the fans are hot and want a match. In fact, RDJ warns Quentin Queen that he already instructed his assistant to find a viable contender at his title and he should show up soon ... Huh, here he is! The assistant Mya Catalan appears on stage bringing Rob Reynolds with him! The Asian-American babyface was the first ever Brass Knuckles champ, and now has the opportunity to win back the hardcore strap! [50]

lsw-brassknuckles.png

quentinqueen.png   robreynolds.png
Quentin Queen (c) vs Rob Reynolds in a No DQ match for the LSW Brass Knuckles title

In a bout that has good wrestling and decent reaction from the crowd, aiming at having a wild west-type hardcore match, Queentin Queen is able to overcome Rob Reynolds in ten minutes by pinning him after a Q-Ball. “The Motor City Menace” gets close to become a 2-time Brass Knuckles champ, but eventually his heel opponent pokes his eyes and hits him on the skull with his own wrench, before hitting his signature move. [58]

daviswaynenewton.png dreadnought.png   eljaguar.png tigresalvajejr.png
Davis Wayne Newton, Dreadnought vs The Wild Cats (El Jaguar, Tigre Salvaje Jr)

Accompanied by their agent Laura Catherine Huggins, the brain-muscle duo composed by Davis Wayne Newton and Dreadnought defeat The Wild Cats in nine minutes, when “Triple Threat” DWN submits Tigre Salvaje jr with a STF, distracted by Huggins herself just few seconds before. An important win for the heel tag that we expect to see inside the Mid South Tag Series tournament. Despite getting better, Dreadnought is still the weak link in the bout, struggling to keep up with everyone else’s performance. [51]

Laura Catherine Huggins enters the ring and delivers a quick promo on her clients, hyping them up right for the Mid South Tag Series, clearly enjoying the freedom to go off-script. Also appearing on the ramp is a well-dressed James Prudence, who with a big smile simply applauds Davis Wayne Newton and Dreadnoought's victory, then exchanging a nod with Laura Catherine Huggins. From the announcing table, Lee Bambino and MC Motormouth wonder what type of working relationship exist between “Platinum” and Huggins. [58]

bigsmashclay.png   calislick.png
Big Smash Clay vs Cali Slick

While the LSW Texas Heavyweight champion, Shooter Sean Deeley, and agent Vinny Cruz witness from ringside, Cali Slick clashes against Cruz's security guard, the imposing Big Smash Clay. In a decent match, “The Draw” manages to overcome his opponent's physical strength, his true and only weapon to be fair, and after ten minutes of action Cali Slick hits Big Smash Clay with a Slick-Back to win the match. Vinny Cruz does some good work at ringside. [57]

After the match, Shooter Sean Deeley immediately storms into the squared circle, trying to put his rival Cali Slick into his Death's Triangle! “The Draw”, however, guards well and manages to prevent the choke hold from being carried out, reacting to the assault and putting LSW Texas Heavyweight champ on the run. Cali Slick than shoots at Sean Deeley, vowing to rip that title strap from his hands. “The Shooter” is furious, returning backstage as his agent Vinny Cruz attempts to calm him down. [51]

sayeedali.png   texashangman.png
Sayeed Ali vs Texas Hangman

For the first time in action, Sayeed Ali goes one-on-one against the man he attacked in the Texan Rumble, Texas Hangman, and it turns out into a really good brawl. “The East Side Assassin” proves to be a tough one to deal with, holding his own against the stratospheric strength of “The Hangman,” supported by the Houston crowd. Definitely the best match of the night, also helped by a fabulous job from colour commentator MC Motormouth, Texas Hangman stuns Sayeed Ali with his signature Big Boot, getting ready for his Choke Slam. Travis Century, however, climbs on the apron to distract his former adept and help his niece, and a distracted referee fails to notice a knee from Sayeed Ali directly to the testicles of “The Hangman,” who then ends up the victim of the signature move of his rival: G.B.H !!! 1 .. 2 .. 3!! In a tainted way, Sayeed Ali has pinned Texas Hangman. [60]

As soon as Texas Hangman begins to catch his breath, a few seconds after the bell rings, his face turns purple with rage, and both Sayeed Ali and Travis Century take off in a huff heading backstage, then stopping on the ramp at a safe distance. A pissed of Texas Hangman has to sit through a sermon by “The Preacher” Travis Century praising “The East Side Assassin” Sayeed Ali, is niece in kayfabe, saying he has just proved he is superior to “The Hangman” in every way. “The Hangman” shot at his target, and miss! We expect this rivalry to continue after this bout, especially considering how the match ended. [54]

primetimejackpryde.png   kipkeenan.png
Cactus Jack vs Kip Keenan

And in the main event, Cactus Jack has a huge chance to shine on his hands, going against the top babyface in the company in a match that has good heat and decent wrestling, even though unfortunately these two competitors just don't click at all and it shows in their performances. Venus Angeletti does some good work at ringside, distracting Kip Keenan and allowing Cactus Jack to succumb in the first few minutes. After eleven minutes, “The American Eagle” completes his comeback and loads his opponent onto his shoulders for his ONE-WINGED EAGL... NO! Cactus Jack conspicuously puts his fingers in Kip Keenan's eyes, and the referee as no other chance that calling a DQ! DIN DIN DIN! Kip Keenan wins it by disqualification, but it's a pyrrhic victory and “The American Eagle” finds himself on the mat, temporarily blinded. [54]

After the bell, entire The Most Wanted faction assault Kip Keenan in a four-on-one beatdown under the booing of the audience. After about twenty seconds, babyfaces David Stone and Jared Johnson come out as the cavalry, helping “The American Eagle” who, without four outlaws above him, finally manages to fight back. The brawl goes on in the squared circle and at ringside, while a few referees and staff members walk out to break the scuffle, to no avail. Suddenly, Southern Stinger evens the score by coming to ringside with a steel chair in his hands, swinging it left and right to put the heel brigade on the run. The Most Wanted gathers at ringside, and the cameras alternate between the four members of the stable angry on the ramp, while Kip Keenan, “The Stinger,” Jared Johnson and David Stone are in the ring, inviting them to come forward again to kick their butts even more. [44]

OVERALL RATING: 56
A considerable step back rating-wise due to, honestly, a weaker card than usual. We have to go back to August 2022 to have a worst rated event. Nothing to worry about though, we’re still above the rating-pop curve so it’s fine. Mid South Tag Series usually deliver some good ratings!

Predictions Standings:
Charasmatic Enigma [14 Pts]
CGN91 [12 Pts]
Herrbear [12 Pts]
2022 PREDICTIONS CHAMP - KyTeran [12 Pts]
DinoKea [11 Pts]
newbiezness [11 Pts]
scapegoat [7 Pts]

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 10:50 PM, newbiezness said:

Will LSW No Place for Old Men get a 65+ Rating? [1 Pts] No, the Opening and Main Event don't give me much confidence

I didn't consider that many times there's no relation between predictions key or preview to card order, my fault, but I got it right somehow. It's true that the card was a gamble in many ways but I appreciate that you don't rely always on your top talents. The rating is not a problem for LSW so nothing to worry about. Only thing is that I don't consider Cactus Jack a threat for Kip in a Main Event, I think you want to give relevance to The Most Wanted again but to me it was too soon.

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 1