TV Network v Team PH71 - women's singles
The Spooky Club v The Golden Lion Club - men's trios
Team WooIts Nathan v The Peak of Perfection - men's tag

COLLISION
The Spooky Club v Team Martel123 - women's tag
TV Network v The Peak of Perfection - men's trios
Team WooItsNathan v The Golden Lion Club - women's singles
Black Lotus v Team PH71 - men's trios

The league won't start until the following have been met...
The draft is done
The vote on increasing squad size is done
Signings to increase squads, if required, is done.
There will then be a short period (probably 2 or 3 days max) to send me your selections for the first round of matches.

I will guarantee everybody at least one match per game week. Because there are an odd number of teams, I cannot guarantee two matches each week.
This might change in the very late season if there is a problem with fixture scheduling.
I will allow people to be inactive for up to 2 weeks at a time for real life reasons. You can choose whether to allow me to pick your wrestlers in that period during your time away or if you want your team to be inactive while you are. Obviously you would have to have more matches when you return. If you become inactive frequently, I shall have to take over managing your team when you are inactive. However, as I am running the league and have to stay impartial, I shall use a random number generator app to choose your competitors and even make new signings if the situation arises if I run your team for a (short) while.

5 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I don't know how to change the forum to black and white. :D Or even Toni Storm's picture. I've never been up to much with graphics.

Nah, I mean the promo description writeups, like they happen in real life. If you prefer not to, that's ok!

6 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

League news and ideas

I had an idea while I was at work last night and that is to increase the team size to 4 men and 3 women. This will allow much easier cover for when wrestlers are injured, suspended or leave (you won't need to sign a temporary replacement unless two men or two women become unavailable) and also give you as managers choice for your mens trios and womens tag matches. At the moment you use your whole mens/womens squad for the men's trios and women's tag matches so you have no element of choice once signings are made.
The format of the matches remain the same - men's singles, tag and trios and women's singles and tag - against every other team. With 9 teams in the league this will give 40 matches in total.
If the league expands beyond 10 teams for season 2, then the lower positioned teams will move to the lower division. How many will be determined by how many teams there will be and therefore how the leagues are split.

I also then had the idea of putting this idea to a vote. With 9 managers, a simple majority vote will win. So here are the two voting options.

OPTION 1 - Keep the squads at 3 men and 2 women and sign temporary replacements when somebody becomes unavailable.
OPTION 2 - Increase the squads to 4 men and 3 women. These signings will be made after the draft has finished and will be done on a first come first served basis by private message. So the order they appear in my inbox will be the order I take the signings. If this option wins the vote, I will say when this signing window can start. Anything received early than when I post here will be discounted.

I've also decided there will be a transfer/signing window mid season when you can change your squad as many times as you want for any reason. This window will start when a majority of teams have wrestled 16 matches and will end when a majority of teams have wrestled 24 matches. Signings at any other time will not be allowed unless you don't have enough wrestlers to compete in a match where you can sign a temporary replacement.

Please vote on the forum, not by private message.

Some people have picked wrestlers who are unavailable. I shall shortly post who they are and the amount of time they remain unavailable as of the game, which is one day before the season starts.

I shall also shortly post the first week's of fixtures so you can start thinking of who your first choices will be.

I would vote for option 2.  I think having an extra wrestler available can by helpful should a team member be injured or simply unavailable.  Also, I think that by having the extra team member can open up the possibilities of more strategic maneuvers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KyTeran said:

I would vote for option 2.  I think having an extra wrestler available can by helpful should a team member be injured or simply unavailable.  Also, I think that by having the extra team member can open up the possibilities of more strategic maneuvers.

I agree with this... 

My vote is for Option 2

Given option 2 has a 6-0 lead it's safe to say option 2 wins the vote.

As you have both said, @PH71 and @Dawn are still to send me their final round picks.
@WooItsNathan I take it you want me to take your next choice of female after Anna Jay when you sent me your picks for round 4? Given you are third pick and I have the first two picks, she is still available. You can change your mind if you like but you will have to let me know pretty quickly if you do.

2024 pay per view schedule

March - Revolution
April - New event, to be confirmed
May - Double or Nothing
June - Forbidden Door
July - Blood and Guts
August - All In London
September - All Out
October - WrestleDream
November - Full Gear
December - Worlds End

Season 1 League matches will not be contested on pay per view. They will always be on Dynamite and Collision

Edited by Nobby_McDonald

To help if you want, here are current in game roster members perceived as well known or above who have yet to be picked for the League...

Chris Jericho
Adam Cole (out injured)
Kenny Omega (out illness)
Orange Cassidy
Adam Page
Anthony Bowens
Buddy Matthews
Cash Wheeler
Dax Harwood
Dr Britt Baker DMD (out injured)
Jack Perry (out suspended)
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Keith Lee (out personal reasons)
Matt Jackson
Max Caster
Miro
Nick Jackson
Pac (out injured)
Paul Wight
Saraya
Wardlow

Of course you're free to choose anyone, but those are the bigger names yet to be picked.

• Like 3

The draft is done. :)
Dawn, I've had to take your fourth pick as your first three picks were male and you already have three males. I know we're expanding to four males and three females but for the draft the three and two rule is in place.

Team Martel123
Swerve Strickland
Mercedes Moné
Samoa Joe
Nick Nemeth*
Emma*
Rosemary*
Mike Santana

The Spooky Club
Sting
Malakai Black
Danhausen
Julia Hart
Abadon
Emi Sakura
Satnam Singh

Team WooItsNathan
Kip Sabian
Bandido
The Butcher
Anna Jay
Diamanté

The Peak of Perfection
Maxwell Jacob Freidman
Thunder Rosa
Jay White
Killswitch
Tay Melo
Wardlow
Deonna Purrazzo

TV Network
Johnny TV
Will Ospreay
Taya Valkyrie
Matt Cardona
Tessa Blanchard*
Jay Lethal
Trinity/Naomi*

Timeless Ensemble
Darby Allin
Toni Storm
Ricky Starks
Christian Cage
Saraya
Kenny Omega
Mariah May

The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society
Bryan Danielson
Jon Moxley
Eddie Kingston
Hikaru Shida
Serena Deeb
Wheeler Yuta
Riho

The Golden Lion Club
Claudio Castagnoli
Athena
Ruby Soho
Penta El Zero Miedo
Rey Fénix
Chris Jericho
Willow Nightingale

Black Lotus
Adam Copeland
Konosuke Takeshita
Jamie Hayter
Kris Statlander
Juice Robinson
Dustin Rhodes
Skye Blue

* indicates the wrestler has yet to sign a contract with AEW so is not a confirmed signing as yet.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
Six final picks completed

With that it is now time to select your last two wrestlers to join your team. You will each need to pick one male and one female wrestler with the exception of Martel123 who needs two males and one female due to Okada not signing.
If Nemeth or Blanchard don't sign then I shall let you know and the respective manager will need to make an extra pick. They both entered negotiations so signs are promising.

The time is approaching 22:00 here in the UK so once this post hits the forum, send me you final picks via private message. First come first served. If one or more of your picks have already gone, I shall let you know and you will need to pick again. This will then pause the order of picks with it being first come first served.

As soon as all picks are finalised, I shall post the final squads and you can make your selections for the first week of matches.

And just so you are aware, I have my two wonderful children stopping with me this weekend so I won't be online as much as normal.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have updated the teams in the post above. So far four have completed their squads with their picks, pending signings being made. We are now paused on the fifth @Wrestling Machine as both of his selections have already gone in this final round of picks.

The rest of you still need to send me your picks, that is @christmas_ape @WooItsNathan @Dawn and @PH71

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Point to note - Tony Khan has put owner goals in place effectively banning me from signing high flyers and luchadors. Anyone already in AEW will be fine, but I can't make new signings with these styles.

Seems a funny twist given how much he loves bringing in high flyers and luchadors in real life 😁

• Haha 1

On 2/29/2024 at 3:46 PM, Nobby_McDonald said:

The draft is done. :)
Dawn, I've had to take your fourth pick as your first three picks were male and you already have three males. I know we're expanding to four males and three females but for the draft the three and two rule is in place.

Team Martel123
Swerve Strickland
Mercedes Moné
Samoa Joe
Nick Nemeth*
Emma*
Rosemary*
Mike Santana

The Spooky Club
Sting
Malakai Black
Danhausen
Julia Hart
Abadon

Team WooItsNathan
Kip Sabian
Bandido
The Butcher
Anna Jay
Diamanté

The Peak of Perfection
Maxwell Jacob Freidman
Thunder Rosa
Jay White
Killswitch
Tay Melo
Wardlow
Deonna Purrazzo

TV Network
Johnny TV
Will Ospreay
Taya Valkyrie
Matt Cardona
Tessa Blanchard*
Jay Lethal
Trinity/Naomi*

Timeless Ensemble
Darby Allin
Toni Storm
Ricky Starks
Christian Cage
Saraya

The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society
Bryan Danielson
Jon Moxley
Eddie Kingston
Hikaru Shida
Serena Deeb
Wheeler Yuta
Riho

The Golden Lion Club
Claudio Castagnoli
Athena
Ruby Soho
Penta El Zero Miedo
Rey Fénix
Chris Jericho
Willow Nightingale

Black Lotus
Adam Copeland
Konosuke Takeshita
Jamie Hayter
Kris Statlander
Juice Robinson
Dustin Rhodes
Skye Blue

* indicates the wrestler has yet to sign a contract with AEW so is not a confirmed signing as yet.

I am going to be so mad if Tessa and/or Trinity do not sign AEW contracts.  Like what else does Tessa have going on in her life???   I'm sure WWE will swoop Trinity back up.  

3 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I have updated the teams in the post above. So far four have completed their squads with their picks, pending signings being made. We are now paused on the fifth @Wrestling Machine as both of his selections have already gone in this final round of picks.

The rest of you still need to send me your picks, that is @christmas_ape @WooItsNathan @Dawn and @PH71

I'm pretty sure I did send in my picks?

Posted (edited)

@Dawn I had your round 5 draft picks at 23:40 UK time on Wednesday - Omega, Hangman, Jeff Hardy, Saraya and Miro. I had to take Saraya as you already had three males and the draft was three males and two females. I've not had your post draft picks, which opened at 21:51 UK time on Thursday, the time I posted to tell everyone to make these picks.

Kenny Omega is still available for your fourth male if you still want him. I will need someone for your third female.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald

18 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

@Dawn I had your round 5 draft picks at 23:40 UK time on Wednesday - Omega, Hangman, Jeff Hardy, Saraya and Miro. I had to take Saraya as you already had three males and the draft was three males and two females. I've not had your post draft picks, which opened at 21:51 UK time on Thursday, the time I posted to tell everyone to make these picks.

Kenny Omega is still available for your fourth male if you still want him. I will need someone for your third female.

I'll have Kenny. Give me Tay for my third female if she's still available.