TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Is there any chance to add the Freebird Rule? I think it could be a neat addition since, technically, you can add 3 people to hold the tag titles in the Title History of previous games but not in the title itself. I feel like it would help Stable mechanics if 3-4 people could hold the Tag titles simultaneously.

• Like 6

Hopefully work has been done on the contracts because they eventually all plateau for the major workers in the game, as well as the bidding war between top companies. For example, Bret Hart's contact with the WWF is coming up and WCW puts in a bid for it. They eventually get into a bidding war and he signs for $500,000 with the WWF. On his next available contract, you can't sign him because he's already reached the maximum salary.

Very cool news and I'm looking forward to the new game!

6 minutes ago, Ahmed4040 said:

Is there any chance to add the Freebird Rule? I think it could be a neat addition since, technically, you can add 3 people to hold the tag titles in the Title History of previous games but not in the title itself. I feel like it would help Stable mechanics if 3-4 people could hold the Tag titles simultaneously.

I need this

12 hours ago, RaptorMcFly said:

I hope it has the WMMA location settings, if not by state then at least the addition of Africa, South America, China, Middle East, etc.

Agree that more game areas, or even the ability to just rename game areas would be nice.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, d12345 said:

Agree that more game areas, or even the ability to just rename game areas would be nice.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we can't do shows all over the world. For example, Soft Ground Wrestling from Uganda would be impossible to do in TEW based on past versions of the game. I would accept gladly a simple continent system where South America, Africa, and Asia (excluding Japan like how the UK is excluded from Europe in TEW) would each have their own popularities.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TheDeep5ix said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we can't do shows all over the world. For example, Soft Ground Wrestling from Uganda would be impossible to do in TEW based on past versions of the game. I would accept gladly a simple continent system where South America, Africa, and Asia (excluding Japan like how the UK is excluded from Europe in TEW) would each have their own popularities.

Or if doing a real world mod can't do things like Crown Jewel in its legit location

• Like 2

It's funny seeing so many people fill this thread with requests... the game's coming out in a month, I think the time to suggest a big new thing has long passed. If you never got round to posting your idea in the suggestions forum in the past then you're out of luck, unless it's a really small fix or someone else requested it back when it was still viable.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

In regards to the Worker Ideas, is it possible for a worker to approach you with an absolutely terrible idea and insist on it being used? Like it's an idea on its face that is not good but they really believe in it?

• Like 1

I am ecstatic over this. Over the moon. I cannot wait for the next iteration. :D

The booking team idea is great, because it means we finally (kind of) have a backstage worker role, meaning people who before would have just been roleless, or been ill-fittingly assigned a role they didn't have IRL (like Kevin Dunn, for instance) can now let their talent shine backstage. :) 

Does this mean we should retroactively call the others TEWs I - VIII? Also, would EWR be TEW... -1?

• Like 1

So many of the new additions sounds fantastic, I have always wanted more ways for controlling your roster to be a challenge, more ways for workers to fallout and create drama etc. so all of that sounds perfect. VERY excited for those changes!!

One thought I had on "Independent Show Frequency" is maybe a setting where it is linked to the Industry Level? Or maybe a mix of that and the Economy Level. Obviously I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, but an option where independent shows are very frequent if the industry and economy is booming, but very infrequent when both are struggling would be interesting and it would be another way for the world to feel alive and for those levels benefitting or hindering the region in more ways.

"When deciding whether the fans will turn against a worker, the company size is now taken into account; this means that smaller companies will have slightly more tolerant fans and not expect such high minimum standards. This is something that was requested by a few people."

Big fan of this because having to work around it when modding was such a drag. 😅

6 minutes ago, lavelleuk said:

So many of the new additions sounds fantastic, I have always wanted more ways for controlling your roster to be a challenge, more ways for workers to fallout and create drama etc. so all of that sounds perfect. VERY excited for those changes!!

One thought I had on "Independent Show Frequency" is maybe a setting where it is linked to the Industry Level? Or maybe a mix of that and the Economy Level. Obviously I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, but an option where independent shows are very frequent if the industry and economy is booming, but very infrequent when both are struggling would be interesting and it would be another way for the world to feel alive and for those levels benefitting or hindering the region in more ways.

Totally agreed on the controlling roster stuff - it is absolutely excellent.

I do hope that this is accompanied by each individual backstage "situation" having less of an effect than it does now, too. At the moment, if you have a roster of bad personalities, it can tilt very quickly in the other direction - feeling like you'll either stick at 100% with good personalities, or literally go down to 0% with bad personalities.

The risk is adding even more swinginess without adjusting the impact of individual interactions might just exacerbate that situation - although I'm sure this has all been taken into account!

Also a HUGE fan of the Independent Show stuff. Cranking that up will be a great way for young talents to develop better even when not unemployed by a named company. I ran a watcher series recently in a 1998 RW mod when AJ Styles, Daniel Bryanson, and Samoa Joe all remained unemployed for 5-10 years after debuting, and their stats basically didn't change at all in that time. This seems like it would nullify those situations.

I'm excited. Both of the main announced features seem right up my alley. After playing for years, I'm more interested in challenging game experiences than a pure sandbox these days.

I guess I'm hoping for tighter financials, which I understand is a tricky thing considering how many different scales of businesses the game offers. I just love running small indies that have to really watch their spending. 

• Like 1