TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

I love this new feature. I feel it works in combination with the Avatar features of yesterday and I think it's really going to make you immersed in the world like it never did before, actually making you think about what you are doing since I'm assuming there will be consequences if you do certain things. If bringing down the popularity of someone, which used to be a cheat code, could now be called out for ruining his perception, it would drastically change the depth of the booking.

• Like 2

I'm all about the Media Scrum feature, but I just want to ask the question since it seems that the questions will be asked to and answered by the player, but the question is, "can or will there be other workers directly involved in the Scrum?"

• Like 1

Dev reports sound spot on. The idea of a fully fleshed out system where you can get into the nitty gritty of their development and get feedback on their progression sounds brilliant.

Like quite a few people in here, I'm an FM player and one of my favourite aspects of that game is developing the next generation of talent. Looks like TEW is making some good steps in that direction.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Regarding media scrums, will journalists be actual characters inside the database? I’m afraid not, but hey let’s ask!

That would be such an immersive thing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Powerful_Fox said:

Dev reports sound spot on. The idea of a fully fleshed out system where you can get into the nitty gritty of their development and get feedback on their progression sounds brilliant.

Like quite a few people in here, I'm an FM player and one of my favourite aspects of that game is developing the next generation of talent. Looks like TEW is making some good steps in that direction.

This is exactly how I feel as a fellow FM player, sounds like the press conference part is being integrated into this game to, Altho I’m not a big fan of that in FM, I think it’d be way more interesting in a wrestling game than a football

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Regarding media scrums, will journalists be actual characters inside the database? I’m afraid not, but hey let’s ask!

Dave Meltzer burner account alert...

• Haha 8

Yeah the developmental reports are a great addition. I also put tons of work into my developmental systems, so anything that can enhance that process is welcome to me.

Also VERY happy to see high end attendances get slashed, that was one of my biggest hopes for this game for immersion purposes.

I've never been a fan of wrestling scrums in real life but I appreciate how important they've become to the modern landscape. Never expected to see them in a TEW game but their inclusion does make sense; looking forward to trying them out. Since the scrums have all these potential downstream effects on morale etc, does that mean they're replacing the post-show speeches from 2020? Or is it simply an addition?

Media Scrums

Will it be a mixture of kayfabe/non-kayfabe questions? 

Attribute Additions

Many brand new attributes that were requested over the past four years in the suggestions forum have now been added. I'm not going to list them out here, instead leaving them for the player to discover once the game is out.

please sir, just one or two

Regarding the media scrum. Love the feature for modern day DBs. But I am wondering can we turn it off for early historical periods? So we dont have NWA holding them after big events haha.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kalmus said:

Regarding the media scrum. Love the feature for modern day DBs. But I am wondering can we turn it off for early historical periods? So we dont have NWA holding them after big events haha.

It's mentioned in the journal entry: You can just skip the media scrum without any penalty.

Edited by Kingster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingster said:

It's mentioned in the journal entry: You can just skip the media scrum without any penalty.

Yes but what about AI? I guess they would also do them.

• Like 1

The media scrum is a weird one cause I like the implementation way more than I originally liked the idea of it existing. As an FM guy I will make some use of it for sure. 

Overall most changes really look good!

• Like 1

Adam - with the toggling graduation feature, will you be able to set a date for when the schools/dojos start creating their own workers?

So say the database has the next four years worth of graduates already, could you set it to start creating it's own in 2026?

• Like 1

Everything I am reading sounds so good.

I am REALLY hoping the real life calendar lets us pre-book for each individual upcoming show when it comes to TV, regardless of how far in advance it is.

Being able to go into a calendar screen and clicking on a tv show 3 weeks from now to see what I've prebooked or to prebook something is the biggest thing I've been wanting from the pure booking standpoint. Would allow to fully flesh out storylines and prebook the segments/match for each TV & Event for the entire lifespan of the story in advance.

Edited by Cor99
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, Astil said:

For a watcher not sure how the death meachanic would impact it. Just need to be at the computer when you turn around 60 and flip to a 20 year old, right?

I usually leave mine running throughout the day while I'm at work or out & about. Like I said, it isn't a huge dealbreaker. 

I am so hyped up thus far with (almost) all of the new features. Even some cool things in there I never even thought about it. I am really excited for the reports for Development workers. One question on that though, as it always is something that bothered me (a little bit) in older TEW games in terms of child companies and development workers.

You see, I always run a multi-promotion development system, almost like a league system as it is used in european soccer. (Bottom Tier Development for Rookies, Middle Tier Development for people with a bit of experience and then my main company as the Top Tier) ... now the thing that bothers me is that I cannot simply 'trade' a worker from Company A to B and instead having to bring them back to my main company and then send them down to the other child company ... which always made the job history for these workers look odd. It would be really cool if I could give like a 1-year-contract and send them to my bottom tier company and when that contract expires I can give them a new contract and send them directly to the middle tier company ... without needing to bring them back up, just to send them somethwhere different.

Maybe it is just me that works that way and it is a purely 'me problem', but it would be mega cool if that would change ... if not ... well, then I have to keep working like I have done so for many years now :D

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, CSickmann said:

which always made the job history for these workers look odd. It would be really cool if I could give like a 1-year-contract and send them to my bottom tier company and when that contract expires I can give them a new contract and send them directly to the middle tier company ... without needing to bring them back up, just to send them somethwhere different.

this. would save me so many clicks and time. 

The scouting report feature is awesome, but I hope we see a Tryout Camp feature like what WWE holds every once in a while. You select 6-12 free agents to come in for tryouts for a weekend. Once the camp is over, you get feedback on the participants that gives you their strengths and weakness + you can view stat caps in a couple of select areas to see what their potential future gains in those areas can be. This would be beneficial to decide if you want to sign someone or not.

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, KingofOldSchool said:

The scouting report feature is awesome, but I hope we see a Tryout Camp feature like what WWE holds every once in a while. You select 6-12 free agents to come in for tryouts for a weekend. Once the camp is over, you get feedback on the participants that gives you their strengths and weakness + you can view stat caps in a couple of select areas to see what their potential future gains in those areas can be. This would be beneficial to decide if you want to sign someone or not.

I completely second this!! I'll usually give indie talents dark matches to see, but this would be much better on who to sign and who not to sign.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KingofOldSchool said:

100% ... amazing idea!

1 hour ago, CSickmann said:

(Bottom Tier Development for Rookies, Middle Tier Development for people with a bit of experience and then my main company as the Top Tier) ... now the thing that bothers me is that I cannot simply 'trade' a worker from Company A to B and instead having to bring them back to my main company and then send them down to the other child company

That's exactly how I set up my development as well. Would love the option to send workers straight from Rookie to Middle Tier.

And speaking of development, I'd also love a way to share training facilities via company relationships (allow a friendly company to send workers to my performance center or vice versa) or even an Alliance option 'Development' where the alliance members can invest in a shared facility and get first refusal/slots based on investments. That would be great for small companies that can't afford to open a facility of their own, to create a low level feeder system or simulate renting out facilities to companies in the same region.

• Like 2