TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

The Multi-Day event option is a game changer and I'm so excited for it

This will put a whole lot of realism into Japan Tournament events like G1 Climax. I'm hoping that will also provide a stretch out of tournament AI through the events. 

1 hour ago, harrypotterhead said:

This will put a whole lot of realism into Japan Tournament events like G1 Climax. I'm hoping that will also provide a stretch out of tournament AI through the events. 

I am not sure how this helps with the G1 Climax? 

2 hours ago, harrypotterhead said:

It's more for Wrestlemania or Wrestle Kingdom, since it needs to happen in the same place and in successive days. So it doesn't help the G1 but if you have WK over 2 nights it's really amazing, because workers would complain a lot if not used for the biggest show of the year. 

10 minutes ago, MalikIchiban said:

It's more for Wrestlemania or Wrestle Kingdom, since it needs to happen in the same place and in successive days. So it doesn't help the G1 but if you have WK over 2 nights it's really amazing, because workers would complain a lot if not used for the biggest show of the year. 

The entry said it doesn't require the same venue

2 minutes ago, Idolized said:

The events in game don’t have to, but if you are booking WK true to life, you will want it to be

In those sorts of instances yes, the guy I was replying to said it was locked to the same venue and thus couldn't simulate G1

Just a few entries in and we've seen some pretty awesome additions and adjustments. These fast-paced and in-depth updates are really nice and I'm really thrilled at how GDS/Adam handled this announcement. Really nice change of pace from the whole game is announced, nothing happens, early access, not complete, etc. that we see in the gaming industry. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, loving the update. However I have a question for different points of views but in the announcement Adam stated:

"Any number of events can be linked this way, but they must be from a single company."

do you think this either hints for or against 2 companies hosting events or TV shows together? 

Like, why would he point this out in the first place? 

Love to hear your thoughts! 

PS: here's hoping OLLIE is still alive! 

Edited by fourbrothers366

2 hours ago, Chikbot said:

In those sorts of instances yes, the guy I was replying to said it was locked to the same venue and thus couldn't simulate G1

True, I misread it ! Thanks for correcting. 

That being said, I don't think this feature has anything to do with how we would simulate the G1. 

• Like 3

Another thing I'd like to know is if non-trading loans (i.e. using cash instead of trading talent) are available outside of alliances this time. The omission from 2020 was an odd choice IMO.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Astil said:

I am not sure how this helps with the G1 Climax? 

thinking maybe AI can generate a proper tournament like a round robin. and stretch it out with the multi-events. but that's just my pipe dream

Example: if you were to generate a japan style round robin tournament for G1 events and it says "needs a total of 19 multi-events" lol but I'm sure thats impossible because it would also have to generate properly with the belts, etc.

Edited by harrypotterhead

Today’s journal is another banger! Every day we’re seeing a ton of new features announced that will massively improve both QoL and the immersion of the game.

Loving title stats, company awards and the global comparison in particular. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheOmniWarrior said:

Is there any way we could see like a sample from the AI pic pack? Tommy Cornell or something? Would love to be able to prep myself some caw pictures ready for launch, in the right style. 

Quote this cause it will be a really cool sneak peek

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harrypotterhead said:

thinking maybe AI can generate a proper tournament like a round robin. and stretch it out with the multi-events. but that's just my pipe dream

Example: if you were to generate a japan style round robin tournament for G1 events and it says "needs a total of 19 multi-events" lol but I'm sure thats impossible because it would also have to generate properly with the belts, etc.

The feature can only be used when shows are held on consecutive days. Though if you wanted to run that many shows with no rest days I’m sure you can.

Global skill comparison is, for me anyway, the best feature in my history of dev journals here, and I've been around since TEW08.  I'm a shameless hoarder of talent, so being able to know exactly how good a talent is when compared to the rest of the world is beyond useful.  I would love to see this feature applied to tag teams as well.

Hoping to see a little love for the Creative screen during this.  Would love to see it expanded to show all the talent in specific screens.  All your hot prospects for example, not just the 5 the game decides to show.  Also, somewhere that tracks the guys that are past their prime once discovered.  Tired of trying to remember to do it myself lol.

• Like 1

I'm still hoping pop gets a rework a bit because you can technically have someone like The Rock or Logan Paul who is essentially forever over with the mainstream fans lose popularity and end up as midcarders.

So I was hoping for two different pops one for mainstream which goes down much slower and one with the wrestling world in mind.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SolidDavidGold said:

Global skill comparison is, for me anyway, the best feature in my history of dev journals here, and I've been around since TEW08.  I'm a shameless hoarder of talent, so being able to know exactly how good a talent is when compared to the rest of the world is beyond useful.  I would love to see this feature applied to tag teams as well.

Hoping to see a little love for the Creative screen during this.  Would love to see it expanded to show all the talent in specific screens.  All your hot prospects for example, not just the 5 the game decides to show.  Also, somewhere that tracks the guys that are past their prime once discovered.  Tired of trying to remember to do it myself lol.

I'm with you on this. First thing I always did was setup a dev territory, hire prospects, make them wrestle seven days a week at the development territory and watch them improve.

5 minutes ago, moststay said:

I'm still hoping pop gets a rework a bit because you can technically have someone like The Rock or Logan Paul who is essentially forever over with the mainstream fans lose popularity and end up as midcarders.

So I was hoping for two different pops one for mainstream which goes down much slower and one with the wrestling world in mind.

I was thinking about this the other day in respect of Lucy Stone-McFly. She debuts with only 32 overness in Canada and single digits everywhere else. Just based on who she is and her family lineage, she would have a VAST amount of immediate overness on her debut, as least to the wrestling community, if not the mainstream media as you suggest here.

"Overness" is probably something that needs a slight rework in that sense.