TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

I think a lot of Contract issues would be solved if the AI didn't insist on signing everyone exclusive, and workers had a sense of self-preservation. Have the AI offer more Per Appearance deals, and have workers reject them sometimes - if their body condition is too low (as opposed to now, where workers exhaust themselves, but keep working for 7 companies until an injury takes them out), if they already have x other Handshake contracts (with their priority being Written contracts and companies with TV deals, so they'd drop other deals if either is offered). That way, you could have 'guest stars' from other friendly companies, limited time invasion angles, and so on, without workers taking more bookings than they realistically could handle.

• Like 1

"Enhanced Mass Editing

The in-game mass editor has been beefed up with a lot more available options; every aspect where it is viable to allow mass editing is now covered. This can also be of great benefit to database makers to speed up the process of making and editing databases."

Will it be like the WMMA 5 editor?

i know this sounds weird, but the fact moves can have descriptions now to say what they are is probably my new favorite feature. As someone who loves that sort of world building. I'd at least like to know WHAT is being done

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chikbot said:

i know this sounds weird, but the fact moves can have descriptions now to say what they are is probably my new favorite feature. As someone who loves that sort of world building. I'd at least like to know WHAT is being done

Every move is a suplex except any suplexes which are now superkicks.

• Haha 3

Just now, Big Roguey said:

Every move is a suplex except any suplexes which are now superkicks.

Unless there’s a shenanigans finish… in which case there’s also a sharpshooter.

And any 40+ year old with 65+ athleticism will also be given a Canadian Destroyer.

I am super hyped for the ability to look back on a specific date and see who our former champions were. I have a huge thing for letting long saves run, so that works perfectly for me. The renegotiations of a retired worker is actually something that always annoyed me but thought was so small that it wouldn't ever get "fixed" so I'm happy about that too! The eras thing adds a lot of personal touch too! I just hope we can add our own eras as time goes by in the editor, as if I remember right, you can't "add" eras in game. 

• Like 2

We may have buried the lede here with the era finance management - it looks like it's going to essentially act as a set of sliders that allow us to set the difficulty of finance management in the save, which is huge because it's very easy to make unlimited money in TEW games.

• Like 1

Will the Era settings be editable with the in-game editor?  It'd be nice to recreate the pre-Monday Night Wars with limited written, guaranteed deals and then change it so that everyone is getting ridiculous contracts in order to keep workers away from the competition.

4 hours ago, GrindhouseArts said:

I think a lot of Contract issues would be solved if the AI didn't insist on signing everyone exclusive, and workers had a sense of self-preservation. Have the AI offer more Per Appearance deals, and have workers reject them sometimes - if their body condition is too low (as opposed to now, where workers exhaust themselves, but keep working for 7 companies until an injury takes them out), if they already have x other Handshake contracts (with their priority being Written contracts and companies with TV deals, so they'd drop other deals if either is offered). That way, you could have 'guest stars' from other friendly companies, limited time invasion angles, and so on, without workers taking more bookings than they realistically could handle.

It would also help if a company didnt leave a talented guy unemployed for months, but the moment the player goes to sign him suddenly 4 companies come in with exclusive written's

I absolutely love the new era settings. Though, I’m surprised that TEW never adopted the feature in WMMA5 where you could set different financial difficulties for companies above/below National (I guess this would be Big for TEW). 

32 minutes ago, beatingstuff88 said:

It would also help if a company didnt leave a talented guy unemployed for months, but the moment the player goes to sign him suddenly 4 companies come in with exclusive written's

Yeah, those times when you see news that everyone and their mother is looking to sign people for months at a time, but they never actually do - unless it is someone you want.

• Like 2

"Wrestling School Affiliations

Companies can now affiliate themselves with wrestling schools. This takes the form of them paying part of the school's running costs in return for getting first refusal over the graduates. This just adds an extra touch of realism and is useful for companies who may not have the funds to actually open their own facility."

I wonder if it's a set cost or negotiating cost? Plus if there is an option to pay slightly more to upgrade the school kind of like how we do Mech levels. 

7 hours ago, Astil said:

Thats kinda how it works irl too though, no? I feel any 'night of' hiring is more gameifying and less immersive (still a good thing imo). The immersive thing would be having to reach out before the pm mode for all the workers but that would be far less fun.

Nah AEW brings in local talent all the time, quite often big names as well. Guys like Kevin Blackwood etc have worked as local enhancement talent, and Skye Blue and Action Andretti were both brought back and signed after working one night on that basis. All of those would obviously have been working the indies at the time - next week AEW have got Tommy Billington working as they're in Calgary. All these sorts of workers should be available to a company with a TV deal on a one night deal IMO. The reverse is true too - a lot of AEW, TNA etc talent should be able to work the indies without a working agreement like they do in real life, whilst still being exclusively on TV for their company alone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beatingstuff88 said:

i hate that. 

• Like 2

I will finally stop needing to resort to WreSpi to know what the difference between Shockwave From Next Year and Huggins Kiss is. Or what the difference between the Proton Lock and the Dread Lock is...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, d12345 said:

I will finally stop needing to resort to WreSpi to know what the difference between Shockwave From Next Year and Huggins Kiss is. Or what the difference between the Proton Lock and the Dread Lock is...

All of those are actually suplexes

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Nah AEW brings in local talent all the time, quite often big names as well. Guys like Kevin Blackwood etc have worked as local enhancement talent, and Skye Blue and Action Andretti were both brought back and signed after working one night on that basis. All of those would obviously have been working the indies at the time - next week AEW have got Tommy Billington working as they're in Calgary. All these sorts of workers should be available to a company with a TV deal on a one night deal IMO. The reverse is true too - a lot of AEW, TNA etc talent should be able to work the indies without a working agreement like they do in real life, whilst still being exclusively on TV for their company alone. 

They aren’t bringing in local talent day of because they got to the show and felt like it. I think that’s what the OP is getting at. Local talent is contacted with some advance notice so they can be there/take time off from their real jobs if they have to/etc…

10 hours ago, GrindhouseArts said:

In TEW 2020, that issue could be fixed through tweaking an existing mod. Often, modders would set the roster size under business to "Medium" or "Large" and then have less workers than the estimated roster size.

TEW 2020 didn't provide modders with a good way to represent touring contracts with Japanese companies. Most chose rightfully to exclude touring roster members from big Japanese company rosters, but this often put Japanese promotions under the starting roster size. 

It's way more accurate to not have touring wrestlers under exclusive deals.

I think the TEW IX will largely fix this issue.

This is a bit of a random one, but for people who've been around for the reveals of previous TEW games, do we normally get a rundown on some of the changes in the game world before the release? 

• Like 2