TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Now that some of the older features have returned, I would love if the 16 version of Good/Great/Excellent filter would return, at least for overall general skills like camera quality/in-ring work/Physical abilities/Entertainers/performance skills. 

They were good to just see who are better workers in the region or just hire/shortlist good workers quickly, rather than fill up numbers. I am okay with numbers search, but the shortcuts were great. Can we have this, at least in editor?

search.png

Edited by SanX
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Teldil said:

Stylistic \ Artistic choices are not the same as outdated UI\UX that doesn't support modern pc screens and makes it technically difficult to enjoy and play. It's a deal breaker for me not because it’s ugly (and it is very ugly), but because it’s literally almost unplayable for me due to the resolution. The text is tiny on anything above 1080p and even on 1080p. Modern games have adjustable resolution and text scaling options for a reason. 

I think @Mammoth made the counter point pretty well, you’re just repeating yourself at this point

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Peria said:

Okay I see how that was confusing, I was saying I agree with your ideas and want to add that I really want it to be added to Talent Trades as well. "Permanently signing" makes it sound like I mean "exclusivity." That is not the case, I just meant "having them regularly featured on your roster." Sorry about that, but regardless both of your ideas were excellent and I'd like them very much to be included perhaps one day. If the feature gets brought over to also matter for talent trading / one-offs.

Oh, yeah, I wasn't really that clear either. I used 'trade' as shorthand for 'worker that is permanently employed somewhere' because otherwise the company's product couldn't be considered. I added that mainly to account for workers with style changes, so a big name ex-Luchador who switched to 'Regular' wouldn't lose his appeal to the Lucha Fanbase, for example.

3 hours ago, Teldil said:

Why are you pretending like the game can't work well AND have a modern UI like any other game that came out in the last 15 years?

It's not one or the other. Plenty of games work well and have modern UI's with adjustable resolution and text sizes. This game is 15 years behind in its UI. That is CRAZY.

Like @Idolized said, @Mammoth made a good counter point. You're repeating yourself, and aren't realizing Adam Ryland is limited by the programming he uses. Plus, there is 0 point in getting this mad over a game's resolution. If you're going to bring in negativity to this forum over a GAME RESOULTION, then bring it somewhere else.

• Like 2

Oversaturation penalties are now optional! Now, I can do something I've been wanting to do: I've been wanting to run a WWE house show schedule (using "Tour Shows" as my house shows), but I would get killed on oversaturation between episodes of Raw/SmackDown just to run a realistic schedule.

For example, I grew up in Texas. Raw is in Dallas, there's a Tuesday house show in Tyler, SmackDown in Austin, a Saturday house show in College Station, a Sunday house show in Beautmont (actually WWE would do two house shows, a night in a lot of cases but I can go without that), and Raw in Houston. Under the 2020 rules, I'm getting murdered on oversaturation for the three tour show/house shows. Now, I can just turn it off and not have to worry about killing my pop in Mid South (or however they'll be divvied up now).

I know this is a relatively little thing, and I'm pumped about a lot of the other new additions (and kinda ambivalent about other ones), but this is one I requested more than once, and the fact that it was changed for TEW IX just makes me super-pumped.

St.T

• Like 3

In terms of what's yet to be thoroughly discussed, I'm holding out for new stuff regarding alliances and company relationships (namely the potential in cross-promotion events like Forbidden Door). Could be discussed tomorrow, or next week, hard to say.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Teldil said:

Yeah I tried that trust me. Making Windows go anything above 100% makes everything blurry especially the fonts. 185% would be insanely blurry. This is not a viable solution.

Its not blurry at all.  The default scaling on my display is 200%.  This make the TEW window actually bigger than the screen. I play TEW at 2560x1600 on a Asus G14 laptop with a mini-led screen with 185% scaling.  This makes it fill most of the screen. I fail to see any blurriness.  I also use my 65" 4k television and there is no major blurriness that affects the enjoyment of the game.

Are you using the windows scaling?

image_2024-07-18_000401245.png

Edited by chase317

1 hour ago, Taylor2020 said:

In terms of what's yet to be thoroughly discussed, I'm holding out for new stuff regarding alliances and company relationships (namely the potential in cross-promotion events like Forbidden Door). Could be discussed tomorrow, or next week, hard to say.

I keep hoping for cross-promotional/alliance shows.

I would like to see Japanese-style exoduses actually programmed into the game, ranging from 3 guys leaving to start a company up to like 40 based on the size of your roster and how unsatisfied they are. Also, a weapon maker similar to the finisher maker, and the ability to alter the amount of weapons used and where they are. Light Tube Board in the corner, landmines outside, etc. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MightyDavidson said:

I'm hoping mentor relationships are something you can set in the relationship editor.  It'd be super handy if there's a worker you really want to improve after all.

You can already do this can't you? Both in the main editor and during a save.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Pteroid said:

Finally, I can call Punk out…for his crippling Pepsi addiction.

This is a Dr. Pepper locker room, Philliam!

Instead of Heel/Face/Tweener it's now Coke/Pepsi/DrPepper

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chase317 said:

Its not blurry at all.  The default scaling on my display is 200%.  This make the TEW window actually bigger than the screen. I play TEW at 2560x1600 on a Asus G14 laptop with a mini-led screen with 185% scaling.  This makes it fill most of the screen. I fail to see any blurriness.  I also use my 65" 4k television and there is no major blurriness that affects the enjoyment of the game.

Are you using the windows scaling?

image_2024-07-18_000401245.png

I'm on Windows 10 so it looks a bit different, but it's definitely blurry with anything above 100%. The scaling windows does is not blurry when it comes to WINDOWS and its text because it was built for it but when you do it, TEW\WMMA HAS to become blurry because the text inside these games is NOT SCALEABLE. So what happens is that it just makes it bigger without the actual support for making it bigger. Thus, the text becomes blurry just like if you try to double the size of an image. 

You telling me it's not blurry literally contradicts the technical aspects of it. The bluriness is not "unreadable" or anything, but it is blurry and makes my head hurt afrer a while. I can't play a game that is 100% text based for hours with blurry text. 

Edited by Teldil

11 hours ago, ubernoobDXA said:

And "Modern/updated" isn't always better.

Take PWS for example.  The UI being so s------, despite being 1000x 'more modern', is why I can't play that game at all for any length of time.  The only other person I know in real life that plays booking sims as a large wrestling fan thinks generally the same thing about it.

I mean, that is subjective, but the UI for TEW is one of the worst UI's I've seen and used in my life, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I havent played much of PWS but I did play it for a bit, and the UI felt much better. But I don't have enough time with it to really judge.

Of course it isn't "always" better. So make it better. You're acting as if it's up to god or something whether it's good or not. 

Edited by Teldil

10 hours ago, Aidenw723 said:

Like @Idolized said, @Mammoth made a good counter point. You're repeating yourself, and aren't realizing Adam Ryland is limited by the programming he uses. Plus, there is 0 point in getting this mad over a game's resolution. If you're going to bring in negativity to this forum over a GAME RESOULTION, then bring it somewhere else.

That's a cool opinion bro, but you're not the arbiter of what is worth getting mad over and what I can bring or not bring here. A game's resolution is a pretty big deal in 2024, believe it or not. 

As for being 'limited by the programming he uses', that's none of my concern. How come all other game devs in the world are able to provide modern UI's for their games and TEW can't? use another language, who cares? it's up to the developer to provide a game that is suitable to its time, it's not up to you to make excuses why they can't because they can't be bothered to upgrade\change the way they make the game. That's like you going to buy a new 2024 model car and the car salesman telling you "sorry bro we only had parts from 1970, so the car can only drive at 30 mph and theres no air conditioning and no radio. sorry bro, enjoy your new 2024 car!" 

Edited by Teldil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

That's enough Teldil; you've more than had your say at this point. As you've already said that you're not buying the game, there's nothing further for you in this thread.

I'm just responding to the people that addressed me with arguments. It's not like I'm making new posts for myself. And no offense you make great games, except for the UI. 

Anyway I'll leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, Teldil said:

That's a cool opinion bro, but you're not the arbiter of what is worth getting mad over and what I can bring or not bring here. A game's resolution is a pretty big deal in 2024, believe it or not. 

As for being 'limited by the programming he uses', that's none of my concern. How come all other game devs in the world are able to provide modern UI's for their games and TEW can't? use another language, who cares? it's up to the developer to provide a game that is suitable to its time, it's not up to you to make excuses why they can't because they can't be bothered to upgrade\change the way they make the game. That's like you going to buy a new 2024 model car and the car salesman telling you "sorry bro we only had parts from 1970, so the car can only drive at 30 mph and theres no air conditioning and no radio. sorry bro, enjoy your new 2024 car!" 

If you don’t like the available cars, make your own car or don’t drive a car.

• Like 2