TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

My Quality of Life is going to be dramatically improved by all these changes!!

Being totally serious, the changes just all seem awesome. I think the team have really taken everyone into account for this game. Mod Makers, sandbox players, more serious gamers, the LGBTQ+ community. I'm hoping there's a one-handed wrestler in the game (if there isn't already). My son was born missing a hand, and there is representation everywhere. It'd be cool to have some in TEW too.

You guys have no idea how much I'm looking forward to this release!

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, Peria said:

Another great addition... 5 more days lads, and we get to have a little taste of this wonderful addition it seems that has been created for us.

Agree. Every game is deeper and deeper. But this one is deeeeper

2 minutes ago, Jason Phoenix said:

Where do you click for this information?

Disregard - I thought the referee was shown on the below screen. I may have mixed it up with user-booked matches:

image.thumb.png.f9253df4914d25e121fbdbdfa9619f6d.png

The gender nonsense showing up is annoying, but thankfully the game/database is moddable so I don't have to deal with it for long. Everything else seems great though. I love the Booking Team and the Creative Energy. All the backstage stuff is great and adds a lot more roleplaying aspects to actually running the promotion. Elimination order is a huge thumbs up from me. It's always annoying when the guys I'm pushing get eliminated first and a bunch of nobodies end up sticking around until the end. Vocal fans, Ultra Spill, company awards...actually I'm probably just going to name everything if I keep listing all the things I like, XD. This seems like the definitive version of TEW 2020, which is exactly what I hoped the next game would be. Can't wait to play it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

18 minutes ago, Cyhort said:

The gender nonsense showing up is annoying, but thankfully the game/database is moddable so I don't have to deal with it for long. Everything else seems great though. I love the Booking Team and the Creative Energy. All the backstage stuff is great and adds a lot more roleplaying aspects to actually running the promotion. Elimination order is a huge thumbs up from me. It's always annoying when the guys I'm pushing get eliminated first and a bunch of nobodies end up sticking around until the end. Vocal fans, Ultra Spill, company awards...actually I'm probably just going to name everything if I keep listing all the things I like, XD. This seems like the definitive version of TEW 2020, which is exactly what I hoped the next game would be. Can't wait to play it.

image.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Cyhort said:

This is gonna go no where fast

• Like 6

loving the sound of a lot of the new features so far, almost makes the idea of going back to TEW2020 implausible, but as it will likely be awhile before an in-depth real world mod is released i'm still tempted to run with TEW2020 until most of the inevitable issues are fixed and an exciting real world mod is out

to all the potential mod makers for TEWIX i'd love if someone was willing to make a database either with AEWs inception or around late 2021-early 2022 when Cody was still under contract & before all the Punk drama plus expiring contracts for any future real life signees like Mercedes, Copeland etc

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Clarity said:

Blimey.. If it hadn't been for Facebook, I wouldn't have know IX was coming

Having spent some looking around, I've seen some imagery online, but nothing here.

spacer.png
Anyone know if its official??

It is official, it's from a press pack we sent out a while ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyhort said:

Be a bit open minded. I don't really care about it in a game like TEW either, but think about the people who will feel more included by it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, jakaryus said:

Be a bit open minded. I don't really care about it in a game like TEW either, but think about the people who will feel more included by it.

Yes you're right - be a bit open minded, let him speak his opinion like everyone else and don't force anyone to like and cheer something he doesn't. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Stepping in as a mod, again, to remind people to use react buttons when you like and dislike things and that there is zero debate required on this specific subject as opinions don't change facts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Stepping in as a mod, again, to remind people to use react buttons when you like and dislike things and that there is zero debate required on this specific subject as opinions don't change facts.

In my opinion there is No dislike button

• Like 5

Now I'm seriously considering migrating my RL save game to IX, Booking Team, Inner Circle, Geo Tags, Real Calendar, Multi Day Events, Media Scrums and now Geographical titles are really what my save needs to be more realistic.

I have a question that I don't believe has been answered previously, in a Multi Day Events topic, Adam said "Any number of events can be linked this way, but they must be from a single company." this means that we can do events with more than one company? (Crossover Events).

• Like 2

The Attribute Template thing is definitely something I'm happy to see.  I was actually thinking about suggesting such a thing the other day, when I found out this game was coming, but I couldn't think up the best way to phrase it.  For me at least, it'll definitely be appreciated.

• Like 1

Will attribute templates be used in worker generation? Could make generated workers feel more "real" if they come out of the over with both decent hardcore and the hardcore wrestler attribute template.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astil said:

Will attribute templates be used in worker generation? Could make generated workers feel more "real" if they come out of the over with both decent hardcore and the hardcore wrestler attribute template.

Not claiming to answer that, but I think there was an earlier entry about them having higher fundamentals (i.e. no "how did this person even graduate wrestling school?") and also less min-max spread between the skills to prevent some of them being spectacular at something but absolute trash at something else, thus rendering them absolutely useless. I get what you're asking and even if it's not directly implemented as templates in worker generation, the overall issue appears to have been handled otherwise already, this would be a bonus on top.

Pre-Booking Availability

By request, the pre-booking screen now has an Availability calendar on each screen, making it easier to see when different workers will be missing. This is just a little quality of life change that means the user doesn't have to either constantly swap between screens, memorise information, or write a bunch of stuff down.

...or pre-book segments anyway without checking availability, with pre-booking bonuses and penalties on, only to find out on the day of the show that someone isn't available. Not speaking from experience or anything, totally made up example...

• Like 2

I really like that the player's avatar gets a salary now. It'd be nice if the player could use that money somehow. Perhaps they could invest in the company they work for (especially if it was in the red) and then have the option to take a dividend at the end of the year based on how much they invested.  Or that the player could offer to invest in another company if that company would hire them as a booker/owner.

Or to allow the player to purchase a classic title belt that they could bring to whatever promotion they work for (like Taz's FTW belt).

From the day 17 update, I really like the ability to add and remove tribute shows once a save has started. I don't know in how many of my real-world games guy like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair or Bret Hart have passed away and I've wished there could be a tribute show for them. 

I'd like to see the ability to set these tribute shows to inactive along with removing them entirely, just like we can now with events. Especially now that tribute shows can be dedicated to a company, I could see doing a company tribute show every 5 or 10 years, and pause it between those intervals while still retaining the show's history. Since TEW IX is a lot about quality of life changes, this would allow database makers to not have to create a show over and over on a non yearly schedule, but the could re-activate the show on whatever timeline they want.

Edited by Iceman90