TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Hey, I have a question.

If the release time is a secret, why did he specify it'd be using American time instead of British time? If it's a secret it shouldn't matter what time it uses, right?

It's a bit clearer I think- we're coming up on (or maybe during?) a few hours where it could be called Saturday in the UK but it's still Friday in the US.

• Like 2

ngl I was kinda hoping for a bit more in regards to stuff like alliances and potential new game regions, but with everything that was discussed in the dev journal, it still feels like TEW IX will be a wild leap up from what 2020 had.

I'm very curious what attributes are introduced more than anything, in terms of what is there for new stuff.

As for my plans - I may spend a lot more time just working on a mod I've been planning, than I will actually playing the game. I probably will finally give the CornellVerse a bit of a look if simply to check out the changes to the game and figure things out for this new edition of TEW, and honestly I might stick with the demo until a good enough mod rolls out for me to consider a full-on playthrough.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Taylor2020 said:

ngl I was kinda hoping for a bit more in regards to stuff like alliances and potential new game regions, but with everything that was discussed in the dev journal, it still feels like TEW IX will be a wild leap up from what 2020 had.

I'm very curious what attributes are introduced more than anything, in terms of what is there for new stuff.

As for my plans - I may spend a lot more time just working on a mod I've been planning, than I will actually playing the game. I probably will finally give the CornellVerse a bit of a look if simply to check out the changes to the game and figure things out for this new edition of TEW, and honestly I might stick with the demo until a good enough mod rolls out for me to consider a full-on playthrough.

same about the alliance and game regions but still very hyped! I can't wait to see how the C-verse story unfolds. 

26 minutes ago, Taylor2020 said:

I'm excited about the new attributes too. There are some I've seen in the suggestions forum that I'm particularly hoping for! 

4 hours ago, nicoo said:

Can i put the TEW 2020 files just in the TEW XI Ordner or do i need to do it all again..

Like  Database,Skins etc

You seem to be German? Because of "Ordner"? If yes:

Du musst warten, bis die bisherigen Mods dann zu TEW IX Konvertiert werden, die jetzigen Mods werden aufgrund der ganzen neuen Stats etc. nicht mit dem neuen Spiel kompatibel sein.

12 hours ago, Mattywood said:

I'm with you! Love the addition of the mini classification. Now I can properly use the likes of Haiti Kid, Little Tokyo, Tiger Jackson & Max Mini.

Or I can make them my locker room enforcers for giggles.

And thank you for the clarification, Adam! I figured that was the best way to go.

Just got an idea from this. Use minis as security guards. It’s going to be gr888888.

• Haha 1

I just heard about this game. Ive been playing EWR since 2002, 2003. I love these games. 10-20 years ago I used to claim ryland was a genius for being able to make them

However, as you can see in my post history, I was extremely disappointed in TEW2020. I followed it when it was announced, and was excited for the engine being rebuilt... and then the beta came out and the engine was rebuilt in the same late 90s programming as the OG games. I was shocked. I still am. Still dont know how or why that happened

My question that I havent seen answered, is this game going to be more modern or is it still using archaic programming? Will I be able to click things easily, drag and drop, be able to actually see the screen and maximize it, etc? Will it look more like PWS on steam or TEW2020?

Thanks!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Forgotmyusername said:

I just heard about this game. Ive been playing EWR since 2002, 2003. I love these games. 10-20 years ago I used to claim ryland was a genius for being able to make them

However, as you can see in my post history, I was extremely disappointed in TEW2020. I followed it when it was announced, and was excited for the engine being rebuilt... and then the beta came out and the engine was rebuilt in the same late 90s programming as the OG games. I was shocked. I still am. Still dont know how or why that happened

My question that I havent seen answered, is this game going to be more modern or is it still using archaic programming? Will I be able to click things easily, drag and drop, be able to actually see the screen and maximize it, etc? Will it look more like PWS on steam or TEW2020?

Thanks!

This has been answered multiple times in this thread

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Idolized said:

This has been answered multiple times in this thread

Thats great. When I looked I didnt see much, but tbh, I didnt have time to go through 61 pages. Did you know what the answer was or could you point me in the right direction? Im fearing the worst based on this response. Thanks 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Forgotmyusername said:

Thats great. When I looked I didnt see much, but tbh, I didnt have time to go through 61 pages. Did you know what the answer was or could you point me in the right direction? Im fearing the worst based on this response. Thanks 

Same engine as 2020.

That last entry was amazing, man. The celebrity addition is super great and sounds really fun to mess around, and they regen! That's dope. Really happy about that. The AI upgrade is also very welcome!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Self said:

I'd love to see notes come up like "Samantha Irvin gave Chelsea Green a quirky ring introduction" or "Justin Roberts made Jon Moxley's name last 23 seconds in his introduction" or "Tony Chimel's voice cracked trying to introduce Edge" randomly during shows. I wouldn't even need them to 'do' anything to the scores. Just flavour. If your ring announcer suddenly started adding extra ooomph to a job guy's intro... would you be tempted to use them more? I would. 

I'm on the "you can already simulate that by using personalities in a short angle" boat, so, maybe these moments you're describing could also be implied -albeit in a somewhat more vague and generic way- if said personality has one of the Creative attributes and you get a note they came up with a new catchphrase. Pretend they figured out a new awesome way to introduce a specific wrestler. :D

6 hours ago, RouxBTV said:

Du musst warten, bis die bisherigen Mods dann zu TEW IX Konvertiert werden, die jetzigen Mods werden aufgrund der ganzen neuen Stats etc. nicht mit dem neuen Spiel kompatibel sein.

Wie lange dauert das circa bis die kommen ?

1 minute ago, nicoo said:

Wie lange dauert das circa bis die kommen ?

It will take some while to convert all of the stuff inside a mod to the new game. (Es wird dauern. Mods werden seit Jahren erstellt und sind groß geworden , der ganze Prozess wird dauern. Ohne Zeitangabe.)

7 hours ago, RouxBTV said:

You will, however, be able to convert an existing TEW 2020 mod to the new game. The database will likely not be perfect due to the new features, but hopefully it will be somewhat playable.

Du kannst allerdings ein Mod aus TEW 2020 nach TEW IX konvertieren. Es wird wahrscheinlich nicht perfekt sein aufgrund der neuen Features, aber sicherlich einigermaßen spielbar sein.

44 minutes ago, Kingster said:

You will, however, be able to convert an existing TEW 2020 mod to the new game. The database will likely not be perfect due to the new features, but hopefully it will be somewhat playable.

Du kannst allerdings ein Mod aus TEW 2020 nach TEW IX konvertieren. Es wird wahrscheinlich nicht perfekt sein aufgrund der neuen Features, aber sicherlich einigermaßen spielbar sein.

So will there be something like a Tutorial  ?

• Like 1