General Gameplay Questions Thread

Very general question but how do I deal with the broadcaster not being happy especially when I start my new company? Should I just have gotten a "lesser" broadcaster in the first place so as to manage expectations as I begin to establish my roster?

1 hour ago, kemicode said:

Very general question but how do I deal with the broadcaster not being happy especially when I start my new company? Should I just have gotten a "lesser" broadcaster in the first place so as to manage expectations as I begin to establish my roster?

What are they unhappy with? Is it the quality of shows, production values, or something else?

3 hours ago, Almaida said:

What are they unhappy with? Is it the quality of shows, production values, or something else?

It's the quality of the shows. I'm establishing my guys in Canada and I wasn't able to sign wrestlers with enough popularity. The shows suffered because of it. Now I'm stuck without a TV show because no broadcaster wants to transact with me due to the failed initial deal.

5 hours ago, kemicode said:

It's the quality of the shows. I'm establishing my guys in Canada and I wasn't able to sign wrestlers with enough popularity. The shows suffered because of it. Now I'm stuck without a TV show because no broadcaster wants to transact with me due to the failed initial deal.

Apparently, you failed to reach the minimum quality threshold for the broadcaster and time slot. It shows up when you're negotiating a broadcast deal, and you can see it on your "Broadcasting" section from your office.

I'm fairly sure that on the developer's journal it was said that, if that happens, in TEX IX you can get another deal with a broadcaster of a smaller size (say, your failed deal was with a "Big" broadcaster, you should be fine if you tried negotiating with one that is medium-sized or below). I haven't tried testing that yet, though. In TEW 2020 you had an extended "probation" period of sorts where you couldn't get a deal with anyone, which always came across as overly harsh to me. 

Edited by cesspool
typos
  • Like 3

On 7/27/2024 at 7:56 PM, St. Templar said:

Is anybody else getting an Error 94: Invalid Use of Null" when trying to convert a TEW2020 database into a TEW9 database?

St.T

I'm getting this too. For me, it's showing up as an issue when I get to the Hall of Immortals. Anyone know what might be causing it?

7 minutes ago, Tmgaming said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, if not I'm sorry. 

Does anyone know how to fix the errors in this screenshot, this what I'm getting when trying to use the January 98 database.

errors.png

You'll probably have to check the Database to see where they "graduate" from and see if those training facilities actually exist in the transferred data

1 minute ago, beatingstuff88 said:

You'll probably have to check the Database to see where they "graduate" from and see if those training facilities actually exist in the transferred data

Yes that's it thank you so much 

On 7/29/2024 at 4:50 PM, JrSquared said:

Has anyone seen attributes like Midas Touch, Groundswell of Support, Personal Issues, in a funk, or flavor of the month added to worker during gameplay? 

Ive only seen it on character who were given it within the editor. 

Yes I've had it happen various times in TEW 2020

I'm going to make my current save into a database and put it into the new game.

Currently I'm at 42% for level 8 merchandise and my dojo is about 4 months into its first year of training. 

When I start my game on TEW IX, will that carry over? Or will my merch be at 0% at level 8? And will my dojo take another 12 months to produce students?

8 minutes ago, OriginalHickem said:

Is there a way to book a Authority Figure announcement match angle with the new system? 

Maybe just make the Authority Figure Cut a Promo with the people in the match off-screen or as Non-Talking Appearence if they are just there and you keep the angle/part short.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking that if I have a wrestler signed to a written (non exclusive) contract with an iron clad clause, then I can't lose them for the duration of the contract? 

You can have these accepted at fairly low levels. Do they not effectively make people poach proof? 

That's how it reads in the help file, but it seems too good to be true. 

For example, let's say Xavi Ferrera for PSW. I don't want to stop him working for FCW, but I want to stop him being poached. He will accept a written contract with ironclad clause for pretty cheap. 

I mean he will also accept an exclusive one as well but I like the idea of allowing my wrestlers to gain experience/pop elsewhere. I'm just surprised he will accept a written/ironclad deal, didn't it used to be only large promotions/cult ones with lots of money/momentum? 

12 minutes ago, Tmgaming said:

How do I set an event to last over two days? 

You have to set two events and where it says "Multi Day Event" you have to put the same thing in both. For example for Wrestlemania, you could write "Wrestlemania" in both events. Anyway in the handbook there is an entry with a full explanation.

On 7/29/2024 at 7:50 PM, Snow Mask Mark said:

Is there a way to rid the border around pictures and make them bigger? Maybe it's just me but the size diminishes the wrestler's pictures imo.

Second this, when I turn off the back logos its just a TEW one but the pictures look tiny and is still using a background border.

edit: so its the default_alt folder, but you need do to it in the db before starting a game so you can use the assign button.

double edit: nvm i didnt figure it out. how do i do this without reassigning everyone one by one?

Edited by jesterx7769

38 minutes ago, jesterx7769 said:

Second this, when I turn off the back logos its just a TEW one but the pictures look tiny and is still using a background border.

edit: so its the default_alt folder, but you need do to it in the db before starting a game so you can use the assign button.

double edit: nvm i didnt figure it out. how do i do this without reassigning everyone one by one?

The game comes with two DBs. Switch to the Default_alt DB and you should be all good