TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

I keep getting “Warning! connection to c:\users\bryce\onedrive\documents\grey dog software\tew9\syestem\tew9settings.mdb has failed (could not lock file). The program must now close”

I didn't expect the AI renders to be realistic, which I feel was shared by others here. I think most of us were expecting AI art. Will take a while to get used to but I'm kinda liking it

• Like 3

Just now, Stingberg said:

While I think the renders do look amazing, having the border around them makes them really, really small. Not sure it's worth it.

Change to the Default_Alt mod and they're the usual size.

• Like 1

Renders absolutely a massive improvement as is the actual height and weights, this is gonna change how I feel about a lot of people. Really dont like landing on the worker status page rather than stats, not sure if there is an option to change this in settings, just my inital thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The UI = TEW 2020 but somehow even more counter intuitive. It's painful trying to work out where the button you need is because nothing is placed logically. And what you'd expect to be prominent isn't.

I imagine it won't be as jarring for players of 2020 but I never moved from 2016 because of how bad the 2020 UI was. And I never liked how graphics were essentially removed entirely. There's still that feel of it being very much like an extremely messy spreadsheet.

Edited by TheJG
  • Like 5

The pictures are tiny. I was hoping for something more like PWS on steam.

Seems to be more clicks to do certain things, continuing the bad trend from TEW 2020

Still can't maximize the game. I can barely see the game on my screen. I have 20/20 vision.

Game looks just like TEW 2020, same engine, same ugly UI, which was apparently known on here but I only found out about this game yesterday.

I'm sure there's a lot of great under the hood improvements. But I won't ever be able to get to them due to my main issues of TEW 2020 not being addressed 

• Sad 3

I quite like the new UI, there are some confusing elements (e.g. the icons on the attribute page which have no explanation of what they mean), but the extra clicks don’t mind so much as it makes the screen a lot less busy. Still very early on obviously so my thoughts may change, but seems cleaner than 2020 in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, KingBDL said:

I keep getting “Warning! connection to c:\users\bryce\onedrive\documents\grey dog software\tew9\syestem\tew9settings.mdb has failed (could not lock file). The program must now close”

Errors should be posted in the Tech Support forum: Click Here

2 minutes ago, KB24 said:

image.png.b4dadbcc7e7a9f3b5a36fac594cf2234.png

What i need to do?

i dont see a technical support 

The Tech Support forum can be found here but your problem is already being dealt with here so there is no need to post another one.

• Like 1

I'm stunned at the UI change. Arguably the least important 1/3 of the TEW2020 page has doubled in size, the eight bars that were in a neat row up top have been spread out to take up the popularity and news section, and the skills are just gone. Now I have to click an extra time I want to look at skills, pop, or news. Insane. Not to be hyperbolic but I'm not sure this is playable.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KingBDL said:

May be a permissions issue. make sure you have admin rights on the Documents/Grey Dog Software folder.

1 minute ago, Stingberg said:

I'm stunned at the UI change. Arguably the least important 1/3 of the TEW2020 page has doubled in size, the eight bars that were in a neat row up top have been spread out to take up the popularity and news section, and the skills are just gone. Now I have to click an extra time I want to look at skills, pop, or news. Insane. Not to be hyperbolic but I'm not sure this is playable.

These games should always go in the direction of less clicks. And really, they always have- until TEW 2020. On release of TEW2020, the extra clicks were a huge point of contention. It's really surprising to see the same mistakes being made four years later.

• Like 5

The UI always takes time to get used to. Remember, if you do not like the gif style of the pictures you can change them like you would change your database. I'll give my thoughts and such after combing through the database and seeing how I feel about the UI as is.

• Like 1

The C-Verse as a whole, seems extremely stagnant in terms of everything. No new promotions beyond the one in India, no major roster shifts...

No real movement beyond a bunch of people retiring who probably wouldn't retire IRL since wrestlers tend to last longer now and days. The IRL wrestling scene isn't like this.

• Like 17

Seconding that, at first glance, the C-Verse looks essentially the same as 2020. I expected that even in 2 years there would have been some more craziness going on but besides OLLIE dying and an Indian promotion existing there isn't much that stands out yet. Hopefully theres more interesting stuff when I dive deeper.