TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

I've had WWE 'refresh their brand' and do a draft 3 times in the first month of this game, anyone else having companies do a lot of brand splits/drafts? NPJW also did a brand split week 1, just feels like the thresholds are high there?

Edited by donv86

image.thumb.png.555158e02c7a02539c2ad28e3047cdb3.png

7 minutes ago, Historian said:

What is the broadcaster it is on? Is it on a pay per view broadcaster? A commercial broadcaster? A subscription broadcaster?

Aha! So that's the reason. Tv-shows on a ppv-provider is a bad idea?

29 minutes ago, donv86 said:

What determines how the 'traits' show up?
For Punk, why is the 'Babyface Attribute Found' if it then says right under that he's Better As A Heel?

punk.png

Check his stats my guess the answer is in the mod he has good stats for both but its simply a case that the heel stats are better

Funakoshi's picture is the only thing that I've had an extremely negative reaction to, and I see other people bringing it up. He looks like a squirrel who's storing up acorns in his cheek pockets. The pictures in general trigger a kind of uncanny valley for me. It's not something I'm upset about or ethically bothered by though so don't take it that way.

I haven't really had much time playing shows so I'm still not sure on the backstage changes. One show I did had an absolute ton of events happen and another had a backstage meeting go poorly causing everyone to hate each other. Which raises a question if there's say a 50/50 shot a simple inspire will go negative, then why would you even bother doing them? I used creative energy to generate a finish but not sure when or if I'd ever use it. I don't know what constitutes a "creative finish" if you're doing a work rate fed or something. I can see it for more performance feds, like Cena winning a last man standing by tying the opponents' feet up with tape so they can't answer the bell. That's creative I suppose. 

One criticism I definitely have is it feels like parts of the game world didn't progress much in the two years. Take Japan for example, the same exact people are free agents that were in 2020. You're telling me, in two years' time, no one snatched up Azamamaro Shimizu, Masashi Urugataya or Danjuro Kikuchi? Three pretty incredible workers? Remmy Skye is still on the outs with all the promotions? Stuff like that.

Edited by Hawk1665
  • Like 2

On the one hand i love the new images for the workers, on the other hand, due to the smaller size, my eyes hurt Would be great if we could have the same images with the regular sized images we used to have.

About the actual booking of events, i love the variety the auto-booker is using in this version, it would be great if you could click "Finish" and skip to the end of the event, this can be esspecially useful in lesser events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still can't get over how disappointing this game is. Why is there more clicks than ever? Why did it not take any inspiration from the UI on PWS? Why can't I maximize the game? I can't see anything! Why are we still building this in 1992 programming!??!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Idk if anybody's said thank you GDS devs for adding keyboard shortcuts to TEW, if not, THANK YOU!! Truly, it is so great to have keyboard shortcuts finally added to TEW, and it is so good to have these button addon's.

• Like 5

The new angle system gives so much life and endless options to the game. Makes it feel less rigid and more control over angles like we see on tv. Most fun I’ve ever had on tew and I’ve been playing for close to 11 years at this point. I wish there was an option to have the genders simplified back to male/female honestly kinda annoys me, but if that’s what it takes to get the new features we have I will take it. Lot of hope and promise once we get mods rolling.

• Like 1

(Meant for suggestions but I can’t find it) - I’m not sure if there’s a way to do this or how easy it would be to add. But is there a way the game could recognise if I was trying to book a gauntlet style match. At the moment I do each match separately but this leaves me unable to avoid the “is used far too much” Sid effect. Was thinking maybe the game could recognise if you could link the matches together using the new segments system? Apologies if I’ve not worded that as well as I could. 

19 minutes ago, austinjameslive said:

The new angle system gives so much life and endless options to the game. Makes it feel less rigid and more control over angles like we see on tv. Most fun I’ve ever had on tew and I’ve been playing for close to 11 years at this point. I wish there was an option to have the genders simplified back to male/female honestly kinda annoys me, but if that’s what it takes to get the new features we have I will take it. Lot of hope and promise once we get mods rolling.

I'm right there with you, this is the most fun i've had playing since probably ewr series. Being able to turn down the frequency of backstage incidents like we can with injuries would be a nice option.

Edited by krautz

1 hour ago, Forgotmyusername said:

I still can't get over how disappointing this game is. Why is there more clicks than ever? Why did it not take any inspiration from the UI on PWS? Why can't I maximize the game? I can't see anything! Why are we still building this in 1992 programming!??!?

This is the main reason that will stop me buying it - I know I could change the resolution of my display but I'm just not going to do that every time I want to play it.

• Like 1

The UI is what it is. There may be small tweaks, but nothing substantial is going to change. If it's a deal breaker for you, that's the end of it.

Only had a brief play, so my two thoughts on the main discussion points:

Angles - I always created my own angles, so I love the angles here. I get those who want the preset angles, but Astil's done a good job of explaining how the Quick Angle feature replaces that.

Worker screen - this is an interesting one, putting worker stats behind an extra click. It's controversial because it turns out that lots of us like playing spreadsheets. Realistically, once you've got into a promotion most people are not going be looking at workers stats, but some stat geeks will. However, when you first start a game and you're learning a roster you need this screen more (can that new worker brawl? What's his stamina like? Can he cut a promo?). As such, the game is slower to get in to. I don't think the solution is to bring that stats back to the first screen as not everyone likes playing spreadsheets, and bring back that huge range of stats and that's what it will feel like for some people. This may just be the compromise, which impact will go down in long term saves.

Maybe the only other thing is a setting to reduce the news reports on relationship changes. I'm all for increasing minor events that don't create relationships, just nudge the dial, but for some people it's dominating the news. Maybe an option to reduce the news stories (e.g. to where relationships actually change, other events on larger promotions, other events in your game area only etc) will work for some people.

Otherwise there's a lot of new stuff that makes me wonder who I'm going to start with this year...

Edited by eayragt
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Forgotmyusername said:

This is funny because the new angle system is LITERALLY taken from PWS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, maxieboyyy said:

does anyone know if it's still only small companies or larger who cna give written deals? want to start a new save but don't like not being able to give written deals

I'm not entirely sure, but since 2020, Written deals aren't exclusive anymore, they are just a 100% way that a worker will get paid. If your looking for exclusive workers, you can give exclusive Pay Per Appearances and Written now, and that way you can horde your own talent with either PPA or Written ways.

10 minutes ago, maxieboyyy said:

does anyone know if it's still only small companies or larger who cna give written deals? want to start a new save but don't like not being able to give written deals

any company can sign worers to written deals. what you need to be medium or hihjer is to sign to exclusive written deals

3 hours ago, Capelli King said:

On the one hand i love the new images for the workers, on the other hand, due to the smaller size, my eyes hurt Would be great if we could have the same images with the regular sized images we used to have.

About the actual booking of events, i love the variety the auto-booker is using in this version, it would be great if you could click "Finish" and skip to the end of the event, this can be esspecially useful in lesser events.

Start the game with the alt database and it’ll be full size JPG 😄

4 hours ago, Hawk1665 said:

Funakoshi's picture is the only thing that I've had an extremely negative reaction to, and I see other people bringing it up. He looks like a squirrel who's storing up acorns in his cheek pockets. The pictures in general trigger a kind of uncanny valley for me. It's not something I'm upset about or ethically bothered by though so don't take it that way.

I haven't really had much time playing shows so I'm still not sure on the backstage changes. One show I did had an absolute ton of events happen and another had a backstage meeting go poorly causing everyone to hate each other. Which raises a question if there's say a 50/50 shot a simple inspire will go negative, then why would you even bother doing them? I used creative energy to generate a finish but not sure when or if I'd ever use it. I don't know what constitutes a "creative finish" if you're doing a work rate fed or something. I can see it for more performance feds, like Cena winning a last man standing by tying the opponents' feet up with tape so they can't answer the bell. That's creative I suppose. 

One criticism I definitely have is it feels like parts of the game world didn't progress much in the two years. Take Japan for example, the same exact people are free agents that were in 2020. You're telling me, in two years' time, no one snatched up Azamamaro Shimizu, Masashi Urugataya or Danjuro Kikuchi? Three pretty incredible workers? Remmy Skye is still on the outs with all the promotions? Stuff like that.

1 in 3,000 seems a pretty decent ratio 😁

New render for Funakoshi inbound though.

• Haha 1

It won't allow me to install the trial. It keeps saying the following...

"The cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Any ideas???