Which year do you want a TEW iX mod for most?

Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?

I would like to see years that we don't usally see :

• The 70s as a start point for a long term save mod could lead to a variety of alternates versions of the world as most of the major events in the past never happened.
  • The 80s up to 85 could also be extremely interesting to play to see how you could manage to work with other promotions part of the NWA or not part of it.
  • Early to Mid 90s can be intersting if you play a NWA-affliated company post WCW and/or ECW departure of the alliance.
  • The 00s in general (specifically 2001, post WCW) can also be intersting to see who would take advantage of the big spot left by WCW's closure.
  • The 10s (specifially 2014 onwards) are probably a really good point as NXT just stars, WWE enters a transition point, TNA is terrible but can be rebuilt and NJPW is starting to get hot.
  • The 20s can also be interesting to see what would happen if Covid didn't happen or even book after some really important event in pro wrestling (like Cody joining WWE, HHH has the book, or Brawl In).

I don't mind having another Attitude Era or Ruthless Agression mod, but I would to see a bit more diversity in what people create like a 2019 before AEW's creation, a 2007/2008 mod or something in the 1980s.

Edited by Jugg
  • Like 1

Just a few random different ideas/suggestions from a longtime player who would surely be willing to help out with any of the following:

April 1996 - Loved the Aug ‘96 Hostile Takeover mod in 2020. But if we move it back a bit, say to the night after WMXII for example, the user has the option of perhaps keeping Diesel and Razor in the WWF, or if they go; dare I say making Sting the third man? Or perhaps even going with the original plan of Helmsley winning the KOTR instead of Austin. Or giving the freshly returned Warrior another title run. Quite possibly the biggest transition year in history, with even more possibilities if backed up a bit.

July 1994 - I think it was called Clash Of The Titans in ‘13. Hulk to WCW and Macho on his way out, with the WWF falling from grace and struggling. HHH and Austin in WCW, while the Lex Express runs wild up north. Ricky Steamboat still active as well. Another great window of potential history altering if the player so chooses.

September 1989 - No Holds Barred. This was also done in ‘13 I believe. Coulda been earlier though I forget. Both the WWF and the NWA had incredibly awesome rosters at the time, with a bunch of great rising future stars.

April 2000 - If we could start on a specific day by the actual real life calendar that’s coming, preferably 4/10/00. Always wanted to do the Russo/Bischoff Era from the start date. People can say what they want about the actual run, but that first show was fabulous at the time and had the whole pro-wrestling community a-buzzin’.

Edited by Trevor Belmont
  • Like 4

Since people have already given most of the ideas I had, I'll add the two I haven't see mentioned yet (at least I don't think):

- On TEW 2016, I had a blast playing with the 1933 mod that I had (way too heavily and clumsily) modified to include future workers in the vain hope I would ever go the full distance up to the 21st century. So maybe the return of this mod, especially with the new narratives, although it would also be amazing if it could have the same depth of future workers Fleisch's 92 mod had. Hey, a man can dream, right ?

- In the same vein, and I don't think it has ever been done, a real world mod that covered either the 50's or 60's would be dope. There are plenty of things happening in the world at the time, and again, with the new narratives there would be plenty of stuff to influence the game world. Plus, those are the years of what is often thought of as the "Golden Era" of French and Spanish wrestling, and I'd love the opportunity to book the "Bourreau de Béthune" as the Undertaker before the Undertaker was even born.

Apart from that, honestly, there isn't a specific year I'm more interested than others, it's more often than not the depth (both in the "current" and future workers) I'm searching for rather than a year/an event in particular: booking the giants is fun, but making a star out of a random guy from the middle of nowhere starting is way more fun for me, and it's only really possible when we have a lot of depth.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2024 at 6:43 PM, Mattywood said:

I voted on 1990 because I'd love to play as WCW, possibly rebook the Black Scorpion angle & make it actually work this time around. And then there's the WWF & everything going on with Hogan, Warrior, an up & coming Earthquake. Heck, maybe I can keep Raymond Rougeau from retiring early! On a smaller scale, it would be fun to book the USWA as they were running both Memphis & Dallas around this time, which means I could book a rookie Steve Austin.

But 1989 is a great year to rebook as well. Over in WCW, you have the Ric Flair/Ricky Steamboat series; the arrival of the Great Muta; Sting starting to get a proper push; the formation of the Steiner Brothers; Eddie Gilbert getting a national spotlight, & Teddy Long turning heel & becoming a manager. Over in the WWF, you have the Mega Powers exploding; building SummerSlam around No Holds Barred. I admit it, I was one of those kids that was young enough to be scared for Hogan & Bruti when Macho Man & Sherri recruited Zeus. 😄

Curious! Who would YOU make the Black Scorpion?

As for Earthquake, I always love making him be the man to beat Hogan, citing that he is more nimble than other big men Hulk has faced & that Hulk with his age and wear and tear finally shows some weakness. THEN Hogan goes on a year long quest to shed pounds & change his wrestling style to beat Earthquake with high flying & technical prowess lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

Curious! Who would YOU make the Black Scorpion?

As for Earthquake, I always love making him be the man to beat Hogan, citing that he is more nimble than other big men Hulk has faced & that Hulk with his age and wear and tear finally shows some weakness. THEN Hogan goes on a year long quest to shed pounds & change his wrestling style to beat Earthquake with high flying & technical prowess lol

To me, Eddie Gilbert always made sense to be the Black Scorpion. Stuff like 1986, Tulsa, & all that jazz. You could even explain that Eddie Gilbert discovered Sting while visiting California, so you can still have "California, '86" make sense. Just take out the black magic nonsense, start the build just a little later so it doesn't drag on too long, then have the payoff at Starrcade.

Funny you mention Hogan dropping weight in the lead up to him getting his win back in your storylines because Hogan cutting weight to have better stamina against Earthquake was what was sold on commentary in their SummerSlam match.

• Like 1

Not really a year, but I would like a collection of Wrestlers as they were when they debuted.   

I love playing the C-Verse, but if I could put a super Young John Cena, Hulk Hogan with their traits and rookie stats to sprinkle them in the C-Verse to debut throughout the first couple years would be awesome.  

I understand the age demographic for most here means we always want mods from 90-2000, which I do get. It was a very fun period. But I think pretty much anything from 2005-2016 is such an underrepresented time in the mod scene. I would love to see someone create one from anywhere in that period

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blessed said:

I understand the age demographic for most here means we always want mods from 90-2000, which I do get. It was a very fun period. But I think pretty much anything from 2005-2016 is such an underrepresented time in the mod scene. I would love to see someone create one from anywhere in that period

It's normal, the 90's and early 2000s are much more interesting to fantasy book than 2005-2016.

If you take a look at the mods index from TEW 2016 and TEW 2020 you'll see that there are quite a few mods from that time period (2020-8; 2016-7). Sure, some of them might not be perfect but you can at least tweak it a bit to your liking/do slight adjusts to the data so you go forward a few months or whatever.

But in the Attitude Era? You either have somewhere in 1997 (usually pre/post montreal) or you have 2001 with the Invasion/Try to save WCW. In TEW 2016 you had one in June 1998 and in TEW 2020 you had a January 1998 (which is basically post montreal) and but you have legit nothing from there until 2001 (there was one attempt at a 2000 one but it was still pretty raw, no pun intended) and there are a ton of interesting stuff to be rebooked from the perspective of the 2 big US companies.

Mid 1998 - Who will push forward to win the war?

January 99 - Does WCW continue in a new direction or you go back to the NWO well?

April 99 - WCW's wheels are starting to fall off, how do you turn Rock babyface? Where do you go with the higher power? How do you keep using Owen Hart?

September 99 - Bischoff gets sent home, how do you book babyface Vince?

October 99 - Does the WWF continue booking the Russo way? Or he goes to WCW and you change directions? Do you turn Austin heel to main event Wrestlemania 2000 vs babyface Rock?

November 99 - How do you book Austin being runover?

Etc, etc. and we have nothing because most people might consider the Invasion and Montreal as the biggest misbookings so 

What great opportunity to book do you think there isn't in that time period you mentioned?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pmfg10 said:

It's normal, the 90's and early 2000s are much more interesting to fantasy book than 2005-2016.

If you take a look at the mods index from TEW 2016 and TEW 2020 you'll see that there are quite a few mods from that time period (2020-8; 2016-7). Sure, some of them might not be perfect but you can at least tweak it a bit to your liking/do slight adjusts to the data so you go forward a few months or whatever.

But in the Attitude Era? You either have somewhere in 1997 (usually pre/post montreal) or you have 2001 with the Invasion/Try to save WCW. In TEW 2016 you had one in June 1998 and in TEW 2020 you had a January 1998 (which is basically post montreal) and but you have legit nothing from there until 2001 (there was one attempt at a 2000 one but it was still pretty raw, no pun intended) and there are a ton of interesting stuff to be rebooked from the perspective of the 2 big US companies.

Mid 1998 - Who will push forward to win the war?

January 99 - Does WCW continue in a new direction or you go back to the NWO well?

April 99 - WCW's wheels are starting to fall off, how do you turn Rock babyface? Where do you go with the higher power? How do you keep using Owen Hart?

September 99 - Bischoff gets sent home, how do you book babyface Vince?

October 99 - Does the WWF continue booking the Russo way? Or he goes to WCW and you change directions? Do you turn Austin heel to main event Wrestlemania 2000 vs babyface Rock?

November 99 - How do you book Austin being runover?

Etc, etc. and we have nothing because most people might consider the Invasion and Montreal as the biggest misbookings so 

What great opportunity to book do you think there isn't in that time period you mentioned?

I'm not sure why a thread asking for people's individual opinion on what years they would like a mod made for has resulted in specifically mine being called out and requiring further justification lmao. 

I explained both why I recognised the era that mods are predominantly focused on and why the period in question was under-represented. 

I really don't think my comment is going to lead to a huge shift in modding focus, nor would I want it to. It was much more a comment for any modmaker considering making one for a less popular era full of missed opportunities to encourage them that there are plenty of people who would be interested

16 minutes ago, Blessed said:

I'm not sure why a thread asking for people's individual opinion on what years they would like a mod made for has resulted in specifically mine being called out and requiring further justification lmao. 

I explained both why I recognised the era that mods are predominantly focused on and why the period in question was under-represented. 

I really don't think my comment is going to lead to a huge shift in modding focus, nor would I want it to. It was much more a comment for any modmaker considering making one for a less popular era full of missed opportunities to encourage them that there are plenty of people who would be interested

I'm not holding a gun to your head for justification lmao, I just find it curious that you found it to be underrepresented but when I looked at the mod Index there were a few mods from that time period that included some of the things that I'd think people would want to book and asked you for some examples of what you thought was missing, if you don't want to answer it that's fine.

2 minutes ago, pmfg10 said:

I'm not holding a gun to your head for justification lmao, I just find it curious that you found it to be underrepresented but when I looked at the mod Index there were a few mods from that time period that included some of the things that I'd think people would want to book and asked you for some examples of what you thought was missing, if you don't want to answer it that's fine.

Well the most popular replies were all more modern periods, so maybe you don't speak for everyone. But you are right, I don't want to justify any further to you and won't 😀