TEW Booking Tracker - IX Edition

Hi everyone,

With the beta release of TEW IX, I have spent the last couple of days updating the booking tracker for the new game. Some of you will have seen this sheet before in previous iterations but, if you're not familiar, it's basically a Google Sheet designed to help you organise your roster, shows and storylines in Total Extreme Wrestling IX in order to make booking easier and more efficient.

This is the first time posting this tool on GDS but it's been shared amongst other TEW fansites/communities in the past, so figured I might as well share here too this time around with the release of the new game!

Booking Tracker IX Improvements/Changes:
a. Updated for TEW IX! Real calendars, heights, weights etc. - as per the introduction of these in TEW, the tracker now makes use of real life units of measurement for dates, heights and weights and is plug-and-play ready with the new game.
b. Full customisability in terms of sorting and filtering your roster - with the introduction of slicers and a re-jig of how the roster works in terms of formulas, it is now easier to sort and filter your roster in any way you desire than ever before.
c. Grades! Since we can't get them in-game, I figured it might be nice to introduce them here. There are two types of grades. Absolute, and Relative. Absolute grades work in the expected way, a worker's grade in any given stat is determined on a linear curve between 0 and 100. To achieve an A+, they must have 95+ in any stat. Relative grades are calculated based on the company's popularity, with the rationale that a worker with a pop of 60 (for example) in a company with a pop of 25, is technically an A+ for the company. This is taken into account in the grades so that medium size companies see a fair reflection of their roster's actual talent relative to where they are as a company. Grades are also optional, you can still use numbers if you prefer.
d. Storyline/Show Tracker - in this edition, this has been combined into one sheet for ease of use/tracking. And also, because the real calendar makes implementing these easier.
e. Sheet Manager - this is an older feature that has featured throughout many editions of this tracker, but with the fixing of sorting and filtering is now more useful than ever. Add tag teams, stables, managers, storylines, titles, pushes and injuries to your workers and utilise this when organising your roster.
f. UI/Theming overhaul - as per every edition of this, there are small UI tweaks to make it look nicer.

Link to the sheet here, please make a copy:

TEW Booking Tracker - IX Edition

There's also a video guide to help you get setup, apologies for the awful voiceover, I'm no YouTuber!

TEW IX - Booking Tracker Setup Guide - Improve your Booking!

Note that this time around there is some basic scripting, with the functionality of hiding empty rows to improve readability and to allow the roster to be sorted more effciently by the user.

Some screenshots from the tracker:

Roster Dashboard

Roster Dashboard

tew-booking-tracker-ix-edition-a-bookers-best-friend-v0-lo161b1pjhfd1.webp.626745f45678a79d480be31574fb937b.webp

Worker Profile

image.thumb.png.b13aa451ed2ac79f2f8f053761d44595.png

Roster Matrix

tew-booking-tracker-ix-edition-a-bookers-best-friend-v0-5iu2ehdzjhfd1.thumb.webp.c4c3871a5c6503a76f8c0258649fcbd9.webp

Booking Dashboard

Enjoy and happy booking!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Interesting! Funny enough, I spent a few hours last weekend (While on a 4 hour trip) building a similar sheet myself for TEW2020. I had no idea that you've worked on this for a while now. The one I'm working on is in Excel, but isn't nearly as polished yet. My vision was to have something similar to yours, but now I feel like I'm wasting my time with my version. The date is pulled from the save game info and has the same drop down concept to inspect any company. Images are refreshed with the company selection, and the image location is pulled from the contracts table. There's a cell to input your install location and database name and the rest is automated.

You did an incredible job, well done!

image.png.25c4fc4be2d2962fb1d2cceabb7d6b5b.png

Roster View below:

image.thumb.png.31d9e6b9d00fb61c44b513b9e3bc6be1.png

• Like 2

This is so SO very well done, WOW....

and here I was just using a simple sheet and writing in all the names of my roster manually.... What was I thinking? Where have you been all my life? lol

I was also using Docs to lay out the entire year(ish) in advanced, Idk if your tracker can also handle that as well, But either way this is extremely handy. Thanks 

6 hours ago, henryhsh said:

Interesting! Funny enough, I spent a few hours last weekend (While on a 4 hour trip) building a similar sheet myself for TEW2020. I had no idea that you've worked on this for a while now. The one I'm working on is in Excel, but isn't nearly as polished yet. My vision was to have something similar to yours, but now I feel like I'm wasting my time with my version. The date is pulled from the save game info and has the same drop down concept to inspect any company. Images are refreshed with the company selection, and the image location is pulled from the contracts table. There's a cell to input your install location and database name and the rest is automated.

You did an incredible job, well done!

image.png.25c4fc4be2d2962fb1d2cceabb7d6b5b.png

Roster View below:

image.thumb.png.31d9e6b9d00fb61c44b513b9e3bc6be1.png

Haha interesting, Excel would definitely be more advanced/flexible in terms of formulas but it’s not as portable as google sheets as it’s not browser based. I like the images automatically pulling through, as far as I know you can’t do it with google sheets formulas unless they’re already in the sheet, but may be some way of doing it with scripting. Maybe worth looking at for a future version! Good work on yours though, it’s a lot of work building something like this from the ground up!

5 hours ago, dfking said:

This is so SO very well done, WOW....

and here I was just using a simple sheet and writing in all the names of my roster manually.... What was I thinking? Where have you been all my life? lol

I was also using Docs to lay out the entire year(ish) in advanced, Idk if your tracker can also handle that as well, But either way this is extremely handy. Thanks 

Cheers mate, glad you like it! 

In terms of mapping out the whole year, it can handle it insofar that you can fill out all of your shows in advance if you fill them all out (i.e) if you partially know what your WrestleMania card (or equiv) is, you can fill that out at anytime and it will stay in place while you book through the preceding weeks/months. If you want a more note-driven system, I’ve personally been using the row above the Show Tracker but there’s no harm in creating another sheet and customising it the way you like it. I’d just ask that if you do, any feedback on what you’ve done/would like to see be shared so I can consider it for a future version! 

6 hours ago, chapmaer said:

Only thing I miss is it saying how much the workers make per year instead of how much they make per month but that’s just me being lazy and not wanting to do the math 

This can be changed back pretty quickly, tbh it was something I hadn’t even realised change between versions but you’re right. Let me look at it at some point today and I’ll change it to annual salaries. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Hi Aidan, thx for the amazing work!

As you can see, unfortunately the calendar is set on 1900 🤔 has anyone else experienced this?

tracker.png

Did you set the start date in the sheet manager? Also just double check the formatting in the cell where you input the start date, it should be a year, if it’s parsed as text the formula won’t work properly. 

If you can’t get it working, send me a PM with the link and I’ll look at it when I can

25 minutes ago, claxton110381 said:

When I input into my active storylines, it's filling my storylines into the "Manager" column instead of the "Storylines" column on the Roster Dashboard.  I'm probably just doing something stupid, but figured this would be the best place to ask?

Have you moved/added/removed any columns? If so this will throw the formula off. Simplest way of fixing this should be to take a fresh copy of the sheet

If you need a hand fixing it send me the link on PM 

14 hours ago, AidanLFC1 said:

Have you moved/added/removed any columns? If so this will throw the formula off. Simplest way of fixing this should be to take a fresh copy of the sheet

If you need a hand fixing it send me the link on PM 

Turns out this was my bad...!

To anyone who has used the sheet thus far, there's an issue in the Managers/Storylines field. If you want to use this feature please take another copy and it will work as intended.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AidanLFC1 said:

Turns out this was my bad...!

To anyone who has used the sheet thus far, there's an issue in the Managers/Storylines field. If you want to use this feature please take another copy and it will work as intended.

Yep, I was just about to give the same feedback. Thanks for fixing it. Great resource for us all.

I'm really looking forward to utilizing this tool. I usually only put together a simple spreadsheet like your Roster Matrix, so this will be used heavily. However, I'm having two issues in the matrix:

1. Heel Upper Midcarders are not appearing. The formula doesn't seem to be present.

2. A "Heel" worker with "2 Recognisable" perception has been input in the Upper Midcarder/Face column.

Do you have any recommendations or fixes? Thanks for your help!

Was wondering why a few guys where being classed as Major Stars when at best they are recognizable, and realized that if they have more than one contract, the sheet pulls up the first one it finds instead of matching it to the promotion.

Here's a temporary fix. It should match C4 from 'Sheet Manager' to column B in Contracts as an additional condition to ensure it's reading off of your contracts not the first it can match to.

As a temporary fix:

Go to View -> Hidden Sheets -> Formula/Data Sheet

In Cell R3, Should be the Perception of your first employee:

Paste the following formula:

=IF($N3="", "", INDEX(FILTER(Contracts.csv!$1:$20001, Contracts.csv!$C:$C = $N3, Contracts.csv!$B:$B = 'Sheet Manager'!$C$4), 1, MATCH(R$2, Contracts.csv!$1:$1, 0)))

Then, grab the corner of the cell and drag it down a few hundred cells (I'm not sure if there's a way to apply a formula to the rest of the column automatically, not very familiar with Google Sheets).

At a glance, it looks like the rest of the fields pulling from the contracts sheet will need the same treatment. Gimmicks, rating, contract, etc.

Edited by henryhsh

6 hours ago, gwblack said:

Was wondering why a few guys where being classed as Major Stars when at best they are recognizable, and realized that if they have more than one contract, the sheet pulls up the first one it finds instead of matching it to the promotion.

Can confirm this. I signed Ernest Youngman to CWA and he's showing up as a Major Star.

On 8/4/2024 at 12:10 AM, henryhsh said:

Here's a temporary fix. It should match C4 from 'Sheet Manager' to column B in Contracts as an additional condition to ensure it's reading off of your contracts not the first it can match to.

As a temporary fix:

Go to View -> Hidden Sheets -> Formula/Data Sheet

In Cell R3, Should be the Perception of your first employee:

Paste the following formula:

=IF($N3="", "", INDEX(FILTER(Contracts.csv!$1:$20001, Contracts.csv!$C:$C = $N3, Contracts.csv!$B:$B = 'Sheet Manager'!$C$4), 1, MATCH(R$2, Contracts.csv!$1:$1, 0)))

Then, grab the corner of the cell and drag it down a few hundred cells (I'm not sure if there's a way to apply a formula to the rest of the column automatically, not very familiar with Google Sheets).

At a glance, it looks like the rest of the fields pulling from the contracts sheet will need the same treatment. Gimmicks, rating, contract, etc.

Thanks Henry, I've amended this to also check on the company name - good shout.

9 hours ago, Seanaxel01 said:

Also noticed that in the Worker Dashboard, the Brawling skill is missing

Also fixed.

If anyone comes across anything else, raise it and I'll get it fixed asap :)

• Like 2

Sorry found another bug in the Worker Dashboard for the second worker lookup, Flashiness is blank. 😅

Just curious does the Primary Stat includes Flashiness or its the main 5 skills.

image.png.7bcab4317c2e782a2b57f499494b1bec.png

Edited by Seanaxel01

4 hours ago, Seanaxel01 said:

Sorry found another bug in the Worker Dashboard for the second worker lookup, Flashiness is blank. 😅

Just curious does the Primary Stat includes Flashiness or its the main 5 skills.

image.png.7bcab4317c2e782a2b57f499494b1bec.png

Also fixed. 

Flashiness doesn’t feature, the ‘Primary’ calculation is pretty simplistic in that it just takes the highest of the top 5 stats. Might be something to review but I don’t think that’s far off how the game calculates it anyway.