One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

TCW World Tag Team Titles Match:
Devine Fortune [vs] Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

TCW World Heavyweight Title Match:
Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 86

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Chord v Gauge 

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…?Yes he will

• Like 1

TCW Television Title Match:
Mighty Mo (c) [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

Grudge Match:
One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Devine Fortune [vs] Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 78

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Chord vs. Gauge

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? __________Yes______ 

• Like 1

Mighty Mo (c) [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

Grudge Match:
One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Devine Fortune [vs] Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… _______80_________ 

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? ______Gauge/Chord__________ 

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? ________Yes________ 

• Like 1

This one could go either way.  But, Mo shows how mighty he is.

Grudge Match:
I think Bach and Andrews win when The Behemoths won't stop attacking them.

Grudge Match:
Hammond and Martins win only because One Man Army takes it easy on Hammond and cannot hit that final blow.

Grudge Match:
In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt, I'm after you.
Smell like I sound, I'm lost in a crowd
And I'm hungry like the wolf!

I have to root for Darryl Devine, the former USPW star.

The match goes to a draw when the referee loses control.

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 86 

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? T-Bone Bright versus Wolf Hawkins

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? Yes, but he will stumble out.  Maybe it will be a swerve and Andrews will take out Bach when he gets tagged in ala Halloween Havoc 1995 and Ric Flair on Sting.

• Like 1

TCW Television Title Match:
Mighty Mo (c)

Grudge Match:
 The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

Grudge Match:
One Man Army & Human Arsenal

Grudge Match:
Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c)w/ Laura Hocking

Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 85

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Greg Gauge vs Jay Chord 

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? No, Troy Tornado

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 8:04 AM, The Lloyd said:

image.jpeg

Saturday, January 29th, 2022

Pro Wrestling Reporter – An Article by Greg Sluchinski

MALICE IN WONDERLAND 2022 is just around the corner, and now it’s not only your chance to predict the winners… It’s also my chance to explain how we got here for each match… Starting, with the TCW Television Title…

How we got here: Mighty Mo captured the Television Title a little over a month ago, and due to a change in the booking team at TCW, is yet to defend it. The Title was created for Television defences only, however the current team have decided to use it for pay-per-views as well. Slater has promised to make Mo tap out and take his Championship, and with The Syndicate backing him up, it’s hard to doubt him.

Grudge Match:

How we got here: At the beginning of 2022, The Behemoths put the TCW roster on notice, and told them they were coming for ‘someone’. 2022 is a year of change for Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach, and Andrews was unfortunately the man Killer Shark and Titan were coming after. They dragged him to the ring in a Body Bag two weeks ago, and left him for dead. Bach has said that ‘Ace’ is doing well, and challenged the two giants to a tag team match here tonight! But the question is: Will ‘Ace’ make it?

Grudge Match:

How we got here: One Man Army and Doc Hammond were once known as ‘The New Wave’, one of the greatest tag teams in wrestling history. After they split, Hammond joined their fierce rivals: The Syndicate, and things were going well for him. A Television Title reign, and having the ear of their leader: Wolf Hawkins. However, in recent months, Hawkins has turned nasty on him. Treating him like an old timer, and belittling him. One Man Army has enlisted the help of a former rival: Human Arsenal, to try to convince Hammond to come ‘home’ and leave The Syndicate. So far it hasn’t worked, and this is Hammond and Jaylon Martins’ chance to prove to Hawkins that they are loyal, and capable as they take on The Two Man Arsenal.

Grudge Match:

How we got here: 2020 and 2021 were banner years for T-Bone Bright. His rise up the card in TCW has been well received by the fans, and they love his energetic promos and attitude. He won the King Of Kings tournament in November of last year, but now he has a huge test. The former 3-time World Heavyweight Champion: Wolf Hawkins. A win for T-Bone would be absolutely huge, but a win for Wolf could mean a hattrick of victories for The Syndicate here at Malice In Wonderland, as they continue to stamp their dominance on TCW.

How we got here: Devine Fortune haven’t been Tag Team Champions since 2017, but they won the Number One Contendership by beating Benny & The Foxx, The Elite and Goya & Kamimura at Psycho Circus in December. The Champions have had a rough start to 2022. Freddy Huggins will now miss at least TEN MONTHS of action, and so his half of the Titles have fallen to fellow Main Event stablemate: Roderick Remus. Remus. Remus and the impressive Matt Hocking go into this match as ‘Champions’ but will begin a new reign if they win.

How we got here: Greg Gauge and Jay Chord both come from rich wrestling stock, with both of their Fathers being former World Champions. Gauge’s Father Sam Keith wrestled all over the world, and won TEN World Championships. Rip Chord had a very similar career, and captured THIRTEEN World Titles. In fact, interestingly, Keith followed Chord to four different companies. He joined TWL a year after Chord left. He showed up in BHOTWG five years after Chord left. He joined the SWF a year after Chord was gone, and he joined TCW two years post-Chord. As a result, the two NEVER fought 1 on 1. They were never in the same company - Chord even handed the reigns of MAW to Keith upon his retirement from the business. Now though, their Sons both work for TCW, and they WILL collide at Malice In Wonderland.

It was supposed to be a respectful rivalry, between two students of the game, and two second generation stars. But Chord has gone personal, and treated Gauge with contempt. He listed off Gauge’s accomplishments, and claimed the 32 year old DESERVED a Title shot. However, he claimed that Gauge is not READY for the challenge of fighting Chord, and will lose at the pay-per-view. Chord SLAPPED Gauge two weeks ago, and Gauge returned the favour this past week on Total Wrestling. Can Gauge capture his first World Championship? Or will Chord’s second reign of 154 days continue?

Predictions for: TCW Malice In Wonderland - Sunday, January 30th, 2022

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… ________________ 

2). Which  

Super pleased to get in just in time to predict for this show. Been following your diaries for years but this might be the first time I’ve ever predicted, or commented. So firstly, apologies. And secondly, thanks for the content. 

Mighty Mo retains - From what I’ve read you’re high on Mo and Flint is very much a work in progress.

The Behemoths win - Sammy absolutely had something to do with the attack and it’s either a forfeit win or Sammy does “weekend at Bernie’s” with AA’s lifeless body and lays him down. 

Two Man Army win leading to more dissension in The Syndicate and its much needed refresh. 

Tbone wins for the same reasons as stated above. 

Stuck on the tag title match. Lean towards Devine Fortune to then lose to The Behemoths in the future and the Main Event can regroup without the tag titles. 

Jay retains - Not a huge Greg fan. Have always been Team Matt if that’s even a thing and I don’t even know why. The second name perhaps? Great talent but for me, just misses out on that little bit extra. 

Quick addition, I’m running a TCW game and I’m currently up to November 2022. It’s such an exciting company to book with such a high ceiling and some really great workers to use in a variety of ways. If you get lucky, like I did, and manage a couple of high profile pick ups, then you’re on to a winner. 

Super eager to see if your game progresses in at all a similar way to how mine has gone. Happy to share bits on how certain wrestlers improve and eager to see how you book wrestlers I’ve struggled with. 

• Like 1

Mighty Mo (c) [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

Grudge Match:
One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Devine Fortune [vs] Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… ___82____________ 

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? ________________ T-Bone vs Wolf

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? _______he makes it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, angeldelayette said:

Grudge Match:
Hammond and Martins win only because One Man Army takes it easy on Hammond and cannot hit that final blow.

Ooooooo The Cinema!!! :D 

On 8/18/2024 at 4:09 AM, John Lions said:

I don't think the "build" is quite done for Greg to commemorate what would be his first World title win, but I could see it coming soon.

Huh, yeah. First PPV of the new diary... First PPV of the new year... First World Heavyweight Title for Greg Gauge... It would indeed be a shock to pull the trigger this fast wouldn't it... So far not one person has picked Gauge to win, so it would be a HUGE shock...

All the more reason to do it, right?

7 hours ago, ItsJustJustin said:

Super pleased to get in just in time to predict for this show. Been following your diaries for years but this might be the first time I’ve ever predicted, or commented. So firstly, apologies. And secondly, thanks for the content. 

Quick addition, I’m running a TCW game and I’m currently up to November 2022. It’s such an exciting company to book with such a high ceiling and some really great workers to use in a variety of ways. If you get lucky, like I did, and manage a couple of high profile pick ups, then you’re on to a winner. 

Super eager to see if your game progresses in at all a similar way to how mine has gone. Happy to share bits on how certain wrestlers improve and eager to see how you book wrestlers I’ve struggled with. 

Man, thank you so much for this! It's about time you apologised to be honest! :D Haha!

You're spot on about the exciting company to book. Who are the high profile names you managed to bring in? My hiring rules I've set myself make it impossible to do that... but I have a plan for my first four signings of 2022... one in April, and three after July 1st

Yeah for sure man, feel free to DM me about guys you're struggling with - and I will no doubt do the same back. Every time I've looked at TCW in the past few iterations of TCW, I've thought "what is a Jeremie Courtney and an Elliot Thomas...?" and so I've made it my mission to get them both 'over' as characters here... (I always pick two of the lowest skilled workers to do this kind of thing with!) So those are the two I struggled with to begin with.

That's me all caught up. Wonderful stuff.

I'll go with:

Mighty Mo

The Behemoths (but I'm honestly 50/50 on this one)

One Man Army & Human Arsenal (another tough one)

Wolf Hawkins 

Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking 

Greg Gauge (I think Chord will win, but I love betting on an upset)

Bonus:

Show rating: 83

MOTN: T-Bone vs. Wolf

Andrews won't let us down

TCW Television Title Match:
Mighty Mo (c) [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

Grudge Match:
One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Devine Fortune [vs] Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 85

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Gauge vs Chord

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? Yes 

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

11 hours ago, The Lloyd said:

Ooooooo The Cinema!!! :D 

Huh, yeah. First PPV of the new diary... First PPV of the new year... First World Heavyweight Title for Greg Gauge... It would indeed be a shock to pull the trigger this fast wouldn't it... So far not one person has picked Gauge to win, so it would be a HUGE shock...

All the more reason to do it, right?

Man, thank you so much for this! It's about time you apologised to be honest! :D Haha!

You're spot on about the exciting company to book. Who are the high profile names you managed to bring in? My hiring rules I've set myself make it impossible to do that... but I have a plan for my first four signings of 2022... one in April, and three after July 1st

Yeah for sure man, feel free to DM me about guys you're struggling with - and I will no doubt do the same back. Every time I've looked at TCW in the past few iterations of TCW, I've thought "what is a Jeremie Courtney and an Elliot Thomas...?" and so I've made it my mission to get them both 'over' as characters here... (I always pick two of the lowest skilled workers to do this kind of thing with!) So those are the two I struggled with to begin with.

I know, right?? My tardiness has gone unpunished for too long!! 

The major guy I bought in are Nicky Champion and ZWB and I potentially have HBS coming in too. 

I’ve bought in some of the obvious ones too like Youngman, High Rollers and Going Coastal. 

Also grabbed Sean Deeley when his contract wasn’t renewed. Same with Sterling Whitlock. Also released by USPW when his contract ran out. Don’t know if you’ve seen the same but USPW have let a few people go who were decent on their roster and aren’t in time decline but then re signed The Force?? 

Elliot Thomas I just cannot get into. He’s my Brooklyn Brawler. Jeremey Courteney is a bit different, his performance skills give me the chance to just be super random with him. 

Looking forward to Andrew’s/Bach. I ran a storyline from Jan to October with them, one of the best I’ve done so far in any game in my opinion!! 

12 hours ago, ItsJustJustin said:

I know, right?? My tardiness has gone unpunished for too long!! 

The major guy I bought in are Nicky Champion and ZWB and I potentially have HBS coming in too. 

I’ve bought in some of the obvious ones too like Youngman, High Rollers and Going Coastal. 

Also grabbed Sean Deeley when his contract wasn’t renewed. Same with Sterling Whitlock. Also released by USPW when his contract ran out. Don’t know if you’ve seen the same but USPW have let a few people go who were decent on their roster and aren’t in time decline but then re signed The Force?? 

Elliot Thomas I just cannot get into. He’s my Brooklyn Brawler. Jeremey Courteney is a bit different, his performance skills give me the chance to just be super random with him. 

Looking forward to Andrew’s/Bach. I ran a storyline from Jan to October with them, one of the best I’ve done so far in any game in my opinion!! 

Oh wow, high praise indeed for your Ace/Bach story - it could be a feud I turn to one day... Or very soon... you'll have to wait and see.

Youngman, Sterling and Deeley sound like such obvious candidates for TCW. The latter two have had experience in Sports Ent companies, so they know how to handle a crowd but they're predominantly great wrestlers! Ernest to me, is THE name outside the major companies I should be signing... Will I sign him in 2022 though...? I've limited myself to four signings a year... with NONE in the first 3 months... only free agents in the next 3 months... and I kinda know my four already!!

Happy to take this to DMs if you fancy carrying on chatting ;) For now, I'm preparing to post the show :D :D :D

TCW Presents:

image.jpeg 

Jason Azaria 2.jpgKyle Rhodes 2.jpgJasmine Saunders 2.jpg

Calling the action: Jason Azaria, Kyle Rhodes and Jasmine Saunders

Overall Rating: 83

image.jpeg

An opening video package aired as we kicked the show off... and featured the main stories heading into Malice In Wonderland…

Greg Gauge 2.jpg image.jpeg One Man Army 3.jpg Human Arsenal 3.jpg Doc Hammond 3.jpg
Aaron Andrews 2.jpg Sammy Bach 3.jpg Killer Shark 2.jpgTitan 2.jpg

The Main Event will be a generational battle, between Greg Gauge and Jay Chord… Two members of legendary wrestling families, whose Fathers had very similar career paths, and are good friends, but NEVER met in the ring… Now, Gauge and Chord will do battle… with the TCW World Heavyweight Title on the line…

Killer Shark and Titan tried to KILL Aaron Andrews two weeks ago… Will he be fully fit for a return here tonight, teaming with his friend Sammy Bach, to take on The Behemoths…?!

And One Man Army wants Doc Hammond to leave The Syndicate… With Human Arsenal’s help, he believes he can convince Hammond to ‘Come Home’… However tonight, Hammond teams with Jaylon Martins to battle them in tag team action…

We opened the in-ring action though, with the Television Title on the line…!!

image.jpeg

Poor chemistry was the undoing of this, on paper, excellent match up. Mighty Mo’s explosive power and speed made for a difficult challenge for the former MMA man: Flint Slater. Slater wouldn’t normally fight a man this large, and he struggled to control him early on. After help from Jaylon Martins though, Slater was able to lock in a couple of holds on Mo’s left arm, rendering it almost useless. It looked as though Mo wouldn’t be able to use his left arm to hit the ‘Plunging Spinebuster’ (Running), and he attempted it, but failed late on. However, a rush of adrenaline was enough to put Mo over the top, and he hit the move to devastating effect, and laid on top of ‘The Rottweiler’, holding his forearm and hoping for the best! Slater couldn’t kick out, and Mo is still Champion!

Winner: and STILL TCW Television Champion: Mighty Mo
Rating: 53

image.jpeg

A video package aired, showing how we arrived at the next match… With Killer Shark and Titan attacking Aaron Andrews, and stuffing him into a Body Bag… The question on everyone’s lips, was ‘Will Ace Make It to Malice In Wonderland’…?!

Aaron Andrews 2.jpg Sammy Bach 3.jpg Killer Shark 2.jpgTitan 2.jpgimage.jpeg

When Aaron ‘Ace’ Andrews’ music hit as we came back live… there was a huge buzz around the building… Their hero was here, to stand side by side with Sammy Bach… and battle The Behemoths…!! But ‘Ace’ did not look close to 100%…

image.jpeg

Great match here, with a deep story to it. Aaron Andrews couldn’t do a lot early on, so he spent the majority of the match on the apron, trying to tag in as little as possible. It resulted in Sammy Bach taking a beating from two giants, and being unable to take a break. This approach could have cost the fan favourites, but they were right to implement it. There was no way ‘Ace’ could have taken the beating Bach took, but when he came in after a hot tag, he flew into both Killer Shark and Titan with reckless abandon. Late on in the match, Shark attempted a super plex on Andrews, but Sammy Bach stopped it by going low with a chop block to the big man’s knee. Titan took care of Bach by throwing him over the top rope, before following him out to beat him down! Out of nowhere, Andrews, who was sat on the top turnbuckle in one of the corners, hopped up, and flew across the ring to land on Shark, and hit his ‘Gamma Drive’ Top Rope Tornado DDT!! Shark couldn’t kick out, and Titan couldn’t break up the resulting pin. Somehow, Andrews and Bach did it!!

Winners: Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach
Rating: 79

After the match, ‘Ace’ could barely walk to the back…

Aaron Andrews 2.jpg Sammy Bach 3.jpg Killer Shark 2.jpgTitan 2.jpgimage.jpeg

Killer Shark and Titan looked as though they were going to make sure he couldn’t walk ever again, but The American Cobras came out, to help Andrews walk up the ramp, and to make sure The Behemoths were finished with their devastation for tonight…

Marvel Malloy 2.jpgStorm Spillane 2.jpg

image.jpeg

Backstage, the remaining members of The Main Event were gearing up for their TCW World Tag Team Title defence set for later in the show…

Matt Hocking Champ.jpgRoderick Remus Champ.jpgimage.jpeg

All three were proudly wearing their ‘F.H’ arm straps, in honour of their fallen friend Freddy Huggins, who will miss ten months of action due to a Torn Achilles… They all bumped fists, but were interrupted when Jeremie Courtney and Vita walked in…

Jeremie Courtney 2.jpgVita 2.jpg

Jeremie Courtney: “Good luck gentlemen… I’m gonna be watchin’… and then… maybe we can discuss my proposal…?!”

Hocking, Remus and Laura had no idea what he was talking about… He said he had submitted a dossier of his credentials to them, to replace / cover the period of Freddy Huggins’ injury… The group had no idea what ‘dossier’ he was talking about, but said they’d look into it… more to get rid of him, more than anything else…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sheer brutality for much of this one, with Jaylon Martins doing is very best to stay out of the brawls. One Man Army and Doc Hammond didn’t hesitate to fight each other, at all, but Hammond certainly saved his most vicious offense for Human Arsenal. For the finish, Martins was legal, and the fan favourite tag team were trying to reason with Doc Hammond. It seemed to be working, and as a result, they didn’t realised Martins had previously tagged in, and he delivered his ‘Flying Forearm’ to Human Arsenal! The veteran ‘Machine’ fell into One Man Army, and they collided heads, with Army falling out of the ring through the ropes. Martins then rolled Human Arsenal up for a quick three count, as Doc Hammond watched on.

Winners: Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins
Rating: 64

After the match was over, Flint Slater slid a chair in to Jaylon Martins, and instructed him to wrap it around Human Arsenal’s ankle…

Human Arsenal 3.jpg One Man Army 3.jpg Doc Hammond 3.jpgJaylon Martins 2.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpg

Doc Hammond stood by and watched the two youngsters prepare to take Arsenal out… clearly torn about what to do… Martins headed to the second rope while Slater held the veteran in place, but eventually, Hammond decided to get in between them…!! The crowd erupted…!! Martins and Slater were furious…!! But before anything else could happen, One Man Army slid into the ring with a chair of his own, and The Syndicate scattered…!! One Man Army stood over Human Arsenal, and checked he was okay… which luckily, he was… while the Syndicate regrouped... It was very brief, but there HAS to be more to what Hammond did...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fantastic match here, and a great showing from T-Bone Bright – easily his best outing since signing for TCW, and possibly his best performance ever. However, he was up against Wolf Hawkins, who had a lot of support from the group we just saw: The Syndicate. There were moments of tension between the group, as Jaylon Martins and Flint Slater seemed to disagree with Doc Hammond about something a number of times, but they were all still helpful in slowing down the 280lb former Football player. Wolf had T-Bone on the back foot a number of times, but his explosive power got him out of trouble, and the fans were there for him when he needed them! However, when he looked for his Finisher, ALL THREE Syndicate members hopped up onto different sides of the apron!! T-Bone decided to run around the ring, knocking them down. First with an elbow to Flint Slater, then a lariat to Jaylon Martins! The experienced Doc Hammond drew T-Bone in, and hopped down so that T-Bone missed his big boot attempt to the veteran. With T-Bone’s leg straddled over the top rope, Wolf Hawkins came running with his ‘Full Moon Rising’ (Claymore Kick)!! T-Bone fell backwards hard, like a tree being felled in the woods, and Wolf scrambled into a cover to pick up the win!

Winner: Wolf Hawkins
Rating: 82

image.jpeg

We cut backstage to the catering area, where three Texans: Dazzling Dave Diamond, Duke Freeman and Bradley Blaze, were sat with beers…!!

Dazzling Dave Diamond 3.jpgDuke Freeman 2.jpgBradley Blaze 2.jpg

The three men clinked glasses, and vowed to ‘have some fun with it’… whatever ‘it’ is…!!

Dazzling Dave Diamond: “Listen guys… Enough about business… Let’s talk about… ‘Little Titan’…!!! Hahahaa!!!”

The group laughed, mocking Nick Booth, who was nicknamed ‘Little Titan’ (by Titan) and hated it…!! Blaze reminded his friends that he has Nick Booth on TV this week, 1 on 1… After that, the group would continue their ‘business discussions’…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great match here, and one that could have gone either way. Devine Fortune are veterans, who know how to work together, and how to interact with a live crowd to get them on their side! However, they were up against men on a mission tonight. Roderick Remus was drafted in to partner Matt Hocking at the 11th hour, and he was fired up and eager to prove himself. For the finish, Devine Fortune were looking for their ‘Chance Of A Hug’ finisher, where they stood up Remus, and then ran from opposite corners for a double running bear hug splash! But Laura Hocking spat out some water she had sipped, and pretended to be choking!! It distracted Darryl and Chance just enough, for Matt Hocking to hit a knee to Devine’s back, sending him through the ropes to the floor. Hocking then ducked a lariat from Fortune, before hitting the ‘Hock Shock’ Super Kick, and letting Remus make the pin to retain the Gold!!

Winners: and STILL TCW World Tag Team Champions: The Main Event
Rating: 67

The fans were disappointed, but the cocky Main Event group celebrated with a miraculously recovered Laura Hocking in the ring…!!

image.jpeg

We immediately cut to the backstage area next, to where The American Cobras and The Behemoths were engaged in a vicious brawl…!!

Marvel Malloy 2.jpgStorm Spillane 2.jpg Killer Shark 2.jpgTitan 2.jpg

Despite their size disadvantage, Marvel Malloy and Storm Spillane were more than holding their own back there, and it was a brilliant fight… In the end, referees and officials came between the two teams… showing that their feud is FAR from over…!!

image.jpeg

Next we saw a hype video for Joshua Taylor…

image.jpeg

The veteran former TCW International Champion spent over five years working in Japan, and said he had a great respect for the Japanese culture… Japanese people… and Japanese wrestlers… He called himself ‘YOSHI’… which is a combination of ‘YO’ meaning excellent… and ‘SHI’ meaning honour…

As a result, the name Yoshi represents attributes that are highly regarded in Japanese culture… but it’s not a name one can simply give to themselves… Joshua Taylor has done just that, though… and the video claimed he would be showing how ‘Excellent’ and ‘Honourable’ he is throughout 2022…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Match of the Night, and an incredible outing for both second generation stars. Greg Gauge started well, and Jay Chord couldn’t get rolling, so he had to keep sliding out under the bottom rope to take a breather. Chord’s actions frustrated Gauge, and the son of Sam Keith wasn’t experienced enough to handle it! Gauge grew angry, and when he did eventually get his hands on Chord, the Champ was able to use his anger against him! Gauge went for a spear in the corner, and Chord caught him coming in with a lifting knee strike that almost knocked the challenger out! Chord took his time from then on, controlling the pace, and bending Gauge’s limbs in positions they just shouldn’t be bent. The momentum swung though, when Gauge and Chord BOTH hit a flying cross-body block on each other, and both men landed hard in the middle of the ring, trying to find the ropes to help pull themselves up.

Both men slowly rose to their feet, and then began delivering haymakers! Gauge’s were cheered loudly, while Chord’s were booed out of the building. Eventually, Gauge gained control, and began working Chord’s legs, aiming to build up to the ‘Proton Lock’ (Scorpion Deathlock). But a well-timed low blow behind the referee’s back from Chord completely changed the momentum again. Gauge was in a lot of pain, and prone on the ground for Chord to continue to attempt submissions. Gauge was in an armbar for way too long, before being able to lock his hands, and block the move, and stretch his legs out to hook the bottom rope! For the finish, Chord attempted an ‘Abdominal Stretch’ right in the middle of the ring, but Gauge tried to spin out of it. Chord stamped on his foot, hard, and then SLAPPED him across the face - before hoisting his opponent up for the ‘Cradle Piledriver’. When Chord dropped Gauge on his head, you could see the life drain out of him, and he knew he was beaten!

Winner: and STILL TCW World Heavyweight Champion: Jay Chord
Rating: 87

Jay Chord soaked in the boos from the fans… and enjoyed every minute of it…

image.jpeg

They hate him, but they can’t deny how good he is, and that excellent match was topped off with a dominant finisher that Gauge couldn’t kick out of… The show ended there… leaving the announce team to ask who is next for our World Heavyweight Champion…

image.jpeg

• Like 16

11 hours ago, MiykaelP said:

For some reason I bet against the Syndicate, I should know not to doubt Wolf. 

Never Doubt The Wolf... A phrase we should all live by, really. T-Bone is great, but with Gauge, Bach and Ace 'above him' in the babyface pecking order, I don't necessarily need him to be beating my top heel... not yet anyway... I have a bit of a plan for T-Bone but nothing concrete. I like to make sure I have a top 5 babyface who has a plan that can be dropped and changed in a heartbeat - because someone above him could go down, and then I'd  need him to step into their story for example.

14 hours ago, ItsJustJustin said:

Great show TL! Top stuff and a great opening PPV that will no doubt set the table for what’s coming. I like that we didn’t get any major storyline swerves or big happenings which is how it should be as you build into it, imo. 

I'm a big swerve guy tbh :D But yeah, first PPV, establish some characters and their 'whys'... and move on to The War To Settle The Score - which will have a lot more big happenings, and then expect a swerve or two after that ;) 

Would love to hear thoughts on the graphics - my first time using AI generated pics on my usual PPV graphics style, I really enjoyed how they came out but keen to hear feedback. I've mad them for the next two PPVs already!

image.jpeg

Sunday, January 30th, 2022

**Quotes taken directly from Vibert’s Podcast**

I have ‘feelings’ guys… I have a WAAAAVE of feelings… TCW: Malice In Wonderland is in the bag… and what a show… Lots to unpack, so we’ll start with Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach defeating those two brutal giants, The Behemoths… But at what cost…?! I’m hearing rumours that Aaron Andrews is still suffering the effects of the Body Bag attack from Killer Shark and Titan – let alone what they did to him in this match too… They got the win, but it probably won’t feel much like that if you’re Aaron Andrews…

Another tag match that interested me, was One Man Army and Human Arsenal taking on Jaylon Martins and Doc Hammond… The fan favourite veterans have been trying to convince Hammond to LEAVE The Syndicate, and tonight they may have finally gotten through to him…!! He didn’t want Martins and Flint Slater to take Arsenal out with a chair after the match… and the hesitation allowed One Man Army to make the save… Has Hammond finally seen sense…?!

We’ll continue to watch the rise of T-Bone Bright… He was awesome, but unfortunately came up short against Wolf Hawkins… And we’ll also watch The Main Event closely… Without Freddy Huggins – the duo of Matt Hocking and Roderick Remus won their match, and retained / became the new TCW World Tag Team Champions… But Jeremie Courtney and Vita made a play to join their group… so that should be interesting to keep an eye on…

And finally, what can we say about Jay Chord and Greg Gauge that hasn’t already been said…?! For years, wrestling fans including me, wanted to see Sam Keith and Rip Chord go 1 on 1… We all wanted to see it in the late 90s / early 00s… but it NEVER happened… Tonight, we witnessed the next generation: Greg Gauge, the Son of Sam Keith… and Rip Chord’s Son, Jay Chord, do battle for the first ever time… and we witnessed greatness… At 32 and 31 years of age respectively, we’re likely to run this one back multiple times… but who will be Jay’s next challenger…?! Will it be Greg for a re-match…?!

Some other news from TCW… Japanese youngster Daigo Goya has been released from his TCW Excursion, and will presumably go back to PGHW… His tag team partner, Masatochi Kamimura will reportedly STAY in TCW… The booking committee and higher ups view Kamimura as the far more talented of the two, and they have plans for him going forward…

image.jpeg

• Like 3

image.jpeg

Overwhelmed by the response to this diary so far, so just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to you all (36 different predicters! Wow!).

To qualify for the monthly prize, you needed to predict on 3 shows minimum, and the overall winner was @Woodsmeister! I'll be sending you a prize soon...

Now... Going to go a bit rogue here, and also give prizes to @christmas_ape, @Satyr24, @smw88, @aaron07 and @KyTeran for 9/10 on the predictable Malice In Wonderland (helped a little by the fact I left some of the answers in the original predictions post!! :D )

But I'm also going to give an honorary runner's up prize to @MiykaelP, for coming a close joint second.

Once again, thank you all for predicting. It should open up more as things become less predictable, and my wacky booking swerve brain kicks in.

We are just getting started...

• Like 4