T-Bone Bright [vs] Mighty Mo (c)

I QUIT Match:
One Man Army [vs] Doc Hammond w/ The Syndicate

Proving Ground Match:
Elliot Thomas [vs] ‘The One Percenter’ Jeremie Courtney w/ Vita

TCW World Heavyweight Title Match – Greg Gauge’s Final Chance:
Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 83

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Gauge vs, Chord

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 4:44 AM, John Lions said:

Ladder Match:
Troy Tornado [vs] ‘The Elation Sensation’ Sammy Bach
I can't for the life of me find who made the first post tying Bach to the bodybag story but I don't know how long it would have taken me to catch on otherwise. This feels like Bach's win - especially if that's the secret he's hiding, that final reveal will be more impactful than Troy Tornado reading a piece of paper he wrote and put above the ring (as much as I like Troy).

Thanks man, always appreciate your well-thought-out analysis of things. I considered Troy putting a video tape of Sammy talking to 'someone' up there instead of a piece of paper, but I kept coming back to "but he could just tell us if Sammy wins!" So at least this way, if Sammy wins, he 'can't' just tell us? Finding ways to not go 'Sports Entertainment-y' in this product is a real challenge.

On 9/10/2024 at 12:51 PM, Satyr24 said:

Damn it if you are saying that I must have gotten the most wrong 😐

You did so badly 😂

Came here to post the show, but surprised to see I'm still waiting for a few regulars to predict. Especially some that are still in with a chance to win the prediction prize: @Wrestling Machine, @ItsJustJustin, @Woodsmeister, @Scubaglue, @newbiezness, @kanegan - one or two of you are right up there, and a good score could put you top for the month...

Currently the best score on the pay-per-view is only 6/9 too, so that prize is also up for grabs (no it wasn't Satyr24 - he did so badly 😂)

• Like 2

Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Ladder Match:
Troy Tornado

Television Title Match:
Mighty Mo (c)

I QUIT Match:
One Man Army

Proving Ground Match:
The One Percenter’ Jeremie Courtneyw/ Vita

Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Gauge vs Chord

• Like 1

Grudge Match:
Tana The Mighty [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Ladder Match:
Troy Tornado [vs] ‘The Elation Sensation’ Sammy Bach

Television Title Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Mighty Mo (c)

I QUIT Match:
One Man Army [vs] Doc Hammond w/ The Syndicate

Proving Ground Match:
Elliot Thomas [vs] ‘The One Percenter’ Jeremie Courtney w/ Vita

Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 88

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Greg Gauge vs Jay Chord

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Lloyd said:

Thanks man, always appreciate your well-thought-out analysis of things. I considered Troy putting a video tape of Sammy talking to 'someone' up there instead of a piece of paper, but I kept coming back to "but he could just tell us if Sammy wins!" So at least this way, if Sammy wins, he 'can't' just tell us? Finding ways to not go 'Sports Entertainment-y' in this product is a real challenge.

You did so badly 😂

Came here to post the show, but surprised to see I'm still waiting for a few regulars to predict. Especially some that are still in with a chance to win the prediction prize: @Wrestling Machine, @ItsJustJustin, @Woodsmeister, @Scubaglue, @newbiezness, @kanegan - one or two of you are right up there, and a good score could put you top for the month...

Currently the best score on the pay-per-view is only 6/9 too, so that prize is also up for grabs (no it wasn't Satyr24 - he did so badly 😂)

I want to dislike this post bc I was so excited that you posted bc I thought it was the event!! 😂 

• Haha 2

TCW Presents:

image.jpeg

Shawn Doakes 2.jpgKyle Rhodes 2.jpgJasmine Saunders 2.jpg

Calling the action: Shawn Doakes, Kyle Rhodes and Jasmine Saunders

Overall Rating: 74

image.jpeg

We opened with a video package, showing some career highlights from both Greg Gauge and Jay Chord… while Gauge and Chord themselves, provided the voiceover…

image.jpeg image.jpeg

**Clips of Gauge’s and Chord’s debuts in TCW…

Jay Chord: “It is my DESTINY to be TCW World Heavyweight Champion…”

Greg Gauge: “They always called me the Prodigal Son…”

Jay Chord: “To carry this company on my back… and take it into the 2020s… and beyond…”

Greg Gauge: “I never understood what that meant… I just did me…”

**Clips of Gauge and Chord winning other TCW Championships… and then Chord winning the World Heavyweight Title…

Jay Chord: “What would it mean, to hold this Title for longer than my Dad…?”

Greg Gauge: “My Dad was never TCW World Heavyweight Champion…”

Jay Chord: “He’s the greatest wrestler who ever lived… if I out do him… then I’M the greatest…”

Greg Gauge: “He’s the greatest wrestler who ever lived… if I out do him… then I guess that makes me…”

The backing music intensified, as clips from their feud so far began playing… Their match at Malice In Wonderland… The SLAP heard around the world… Chord attempting to hit Gauge with the Belt on more than one occasion, but ending up going through a table…

Jay Chord: “It is my DESTINY…”

Greg Gauge: “This one’s for you, Dad…”

Both men were on screen, looking at the camera, looking ready… and both looking intense… Their match will headline the show, but once we arrived LIVE in Oklahoma City, we got our opening contest… Tana The Mighty out for revenge over Wolf Hawkins…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Incredibly, this match stole the show! Tana and Wolf, two veterans of TCW, clashing in a fist fight that resembled a brawl in a bar. Tana is furious at The Syndicate for trying to take him out a few weeks ago, and the huge Samoan bulldozer will stop at nothing to bring them down. He began with their Leader, Wolf Hawkins, and battered the former 3-time World Heavyweight Champion, slamming him into the ring posts, the ring steps, and bouncing his head off the announce desk. Jaylon Martins and Flint Slater both tried to stop him, but Tana ignored their demonstrations. In the end though, the two rookies got up onto the apron, and Tana decided to bang their heads together!! The move looked like it hurt them both, and while the referee checked on them, Doc Hammond arrived at ringside, and he too climbed onto the apron on the other side of the ring! Tana charged at him, but the experienced Doc hopped down to the floor, and Tana missed his swipe. As he turned around, Wolf hit the ‘Full Moon Rising’ (Claymore) Kick, and landed on Tana to just about hold his big shoulders down for a three count!

Winner: Wolf Hawkins
Rating: 74 (Match of the Night)

image.jpeg

We cut to a pre-taped video next, of the arrival at the arena, of Jeremie Courtney and Vita… They were met in the parking lot, by The Main Event: Matt Hocking, Roderick Remus, and Laura Hocking…

Jeremie Courtney 2.jpgVita 2.jpg Matt Hocking Tag.jpgRoderick Remus Champ.jpgLaura Hocking 2.jpg

The Main Event are proud TCW World Tag Team Champions… but Courtney is determined to JOIN the Main Event… and tonight is his chance…

Roderick Remus: “You ready Jezza…?!”

Matt Hocking: “Remember… Prove yourself worthy and WIN tonight… and we’ll let you in The Main Event… You can be one of us…”

Courtney said he was born ready… and looked fired up to take on his old rival: the much smaller New Yorker, Elliot Thomas… Win and he’s in… it’s as simple as that…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Much like the opening match, this one had two TCW legends doing battle. However in this one, a large envelope was hanging high up in the air, and both men were desperate to retrieve it, using one of the many ladders that surrounded the ring. Troy Tornado wanted to expose Sammy Bach, so Bach was willing to do anything to stop his rival from climbing the ladder first. Bach knew, that Troy would tell the world what he saw. He says he saw Sammy talking to someone, about something, that he really shouldn’t. Bach set to work trying to tie Troy to the ladders outside the ring. He used duct tape first, but Troy managed to bite his way out of it, and chased Bach up the ladder in the ring, and pulled him down. Next, Bach tried just tying Tornado’s limbs in the rungs of two ladders, but again, Troy broke free and stopped Bach from winning. Finally, Bach pulled out handcuffs, and began attempting to cuff Troy to the ring post! However, as Tornado fought him off, the melee ended with BACH being cuffed to the post himself!!! The calamitous nature of the situation left Sammy furious, and Troy was able to roll into the ring with a smile on his face, and begin to climb. He grabbed the large envelope, and pulled it down, winning the match, and watching as Sammy almost cried in the corner!

Winner: Troy Tornado
Rating: 64

After the match, Sammy was frantically shouting “NOOO!!” at Troy, but the fan favourite didn’t want to hear it… He asked for a microphone and addressed the crowd… a little out of breath…

Troy Tornado 2.jpg Sammy Bach 3.jpg

Troy Tornado: “Great match Sammy… Give it up for Sammy everyone…”

Most of the crowd booed, but a lot of people did indeed show their respect to the former TCW World Heavyweight Champion, who at this point was trying anything to free himself from the cuffs… Troy teased the envelope… the crowd begged for it… and he delivered…

Troy Tornado: “Sammy Bach… I know what I saw… You can deny it all you like, but I want an explanation… WHY… Did I see you… GIVE…”

Before he could finish, he was interrupted by the music of The Behemoths…!! Killer Shark, Titan and Floyd Goldworthy stomped to the ring!!

Killer Shark 3.jpgFloyd Goldworthy 2.jpgTitan 2.jpg

Goldworthy instructed Shark and Titan to attack… and since Troy had just been through a Ladder Match… he was no match for the two monsters… and was destroyed… Sammy Bach was even more frantic, trying to free himself from the cuffs, and trying to help Troy out… but luckily, before Troy was maimed beyond recognition, The American Cobras ran to the ring…

Marvel Malloy 2.jpgStorm Spillane 2.jpg

Marvell Malloy and Storm Spillane ran out, and ran The Behemoths off… as they crouched over the fallen Troy Tornado, they shouted for help for their friend… and for the cuffed Sammy Bach… This week on Total Wrestling, The American Cobras, The Behemoths, The Elite and Devine Fortune will fight in a Fatal 4 Way, where the winners will earn a Tag Team Title shot… The Cobras and The Behemoths can’t seem to leave one another alone right now…

All in all, a really unsatisfying outcome to the Troy / Sammy match... Troy didn't get the chance to spill the beans on what he'd seen...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

T-Bone Bright and Mighty Mo – one of these two names will be TCW World Heavyweight Champion in the next two years. T-Bone has been treated like a star since day one, and handles his business like a man on a mission – using his 6’6”, 280lb frame to dominate his rivals. However, Mighty Mo is no pushover. At 266lbs, he more than held his own in there against T-Bone. He controlled the pace, and kept the fan favourite on the back foot for the first half of the match. The second half of the match saw T-Bone attempt his ‘T-Bone Lariat’, the devastating finisher, where Bright and his opponent hit the ropes at a 90 degree angle to one another, and T-Bone cuts them off with a clothesline in the middle of the ring. Mo had it scouted though, no fewer than FOUR times throughout the course of the match! He ducked one. He blocked a second with his elbows. He turned the third into an arm drag. With the fourth, Mo was so exhausted, he dropped to his knees at the crucial time, and Bright missed with an air swipe – potentially injuring his shoulder in the process. Mo saw his chance, and pulled Bright down for an arm-bar! He locked it in seamlessly, and Bright fought hard, but had to tap out. His shoulder in agony, as Mo kicked him away and climbed the second rope to celebrate.

Winner: and STILL TCW Television Champion: Mighty Mo
Rating: 68

image.jpeg

Next up, we saw some clips from Dazzling Dave Diamond’s promo from Total Wrestling this past week, where he called out Nick Booth…

Dazzling Dave Diamond 3.jpgBradley Blaze 2.jpgDuke Freeman 2.jpg Nick Booth 2.jpg

‘Nasty’ Nick Booth has faced both of Dazzling Dave Diamond’s fellow Texans: Bradley Blaze and Duke Freeman in recent weeks… Going too far after the match on both occasions… However… Diamond is not one to miss an opportunity… He believes Booth’s violent streak is PERFECT for his new ‘Business Venture’ alongside Blaze and Freeman… and could do with the attributes Booth brings…

Dazzling Dave Diamond: “So… I’m-a give you seven days to make a decision here… You can either FIGHT me… Or JOIN me… Because Bradley and Duke and I… we’re startin’ somethin’… and we could use a guy like you…”

On Total Wrestling this week… Both will either JOIN Diamond’s new team / business venture… OR… fight Diamond like a man, and answer for the post-match assaults he’s been dishing out to Diamond’s young boys… We should get an answer either way…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A match that could have headlined any card, in any arena: The former Guide and Scout of The New Wave, clashed here in an I QUIT MATCH!! One Man Army wore his WAR paint to the ring, as a stark reminder to Doc Hammond that they used to be best friends, and won NINE Tag Team Championships together in various promotions. Hammond knew. But he also knew that The Syndicate had been good to him – helping him to win the Television Title in 2018. However, since then, and certainly in recent weeks and months, Wolf Hawkins has begun to treat Doc like a man ‘lesser’ than him. Wolf has relied upon Doc’s intelligence, experience, technical prowess and aggressiveness for years, but recently he’s started to doubt Doc has it in him anymore. This has prompted One Man Army to try to get Doc to QUIT The Syndicate, but it has so far fallen on deaf ears.

This match was brutal, with both men using all kinds of weapons, and holds to try to make their opponent give up. It resembled a car crash at times, with both men laid out in the ring following collisions, and the two Syndicate members (Jaylon Martins and Flint Slater) on the outside looking like they’d witnessed something horrific, but pacing as if they were wild animals, ready to jump from a cage and feast. For the finish, One Man Army closed in on a victory. He hit the ‘Guided Missile’ (Northern Lights Bomb) TWICE, and had Hammond dead to rights. Annoyingly for the fans, Martins and Slater decided enough was enough, and they slid into the ring to beat One Man Army down! They stomped on him in the corner, and grabbed the referee, whose only job was to ask if one of the competitors wanted to quit. One Man Army, who had been shouting “NOOO” defiantly all night, when asked, went a different route this time. He paused for a long time as the referee asked again and again. This time, he said: “I…

The pause was deafening. Was One Man Army about to quit and RETIRE from in-ring competition…?!

“am GUIDE…!!!!”

In that moment, One Man Army reminded everyone that his name used to be Guide, and a loud Guide chant began in the arena. Martins and Slater were furious, they grabbed a kendo stick, and held it to Guide’s throat, pushing it hard, and trying to make him say the immortal words they needed. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, someone shouted into a microphone:

“I QUIT… ALRIGHT… Damn it… I QUIT…!!”

Winner: One Man Army
Rating: 73

The crowd were stunned… The referee was standing right next to Doc Hammond, who had regained his composure, and grabbed the microphone… He told Jaylon Martins and Flint Slater to stop, and reiterated that he had indeed QUIT the match…

Guide_alt.jpg Scout.jpg Flint Slater 2.jpgJaylon Martins 4.jpg

Doc Hammond: “I QUIT… I quit the match… I quit The Syndicate… All of it… I have to…”

Martins walked up to Hammond, angrily… and Hammond bopped the microphone off the youngster’s head, to a huge cheer from the fans… Flint Slater thought better of engaging in combat with Hammond, and slid out of the ring instead… pulling Martins out under the bottom rope with him, and helping him stay on his feet… Hammond shouted over the top rope that they’d left him no choice… He couldn’t watch One Man Army be choked out anymore… and he knew what it meant if his opponent had quit the match… he’d be DONE with wrestling…

Hammond didn’t help One Man Army to his feet… Instead, he left the ring, and stomped to the back…!!

image.jpeg

Backstage, Human Arsenal was delighted with the outcome of the match… and had a big smile on his face as he watched on a monitor…

Human Arsenal 2.jpg Joshua Taylor 2.jpgMasatochi Kamimura 2.jpg

Joshua Taylor and Masatochi Kamimura walked by, and as Human Arsenal turned to leave, he Taylor’s shoulder by ‘mistake’… there was nothing in it, and Arsenal said “Excuse me, brother…”

Joshua Taylor: “You’re excused… but I’m not your brother…”

Human Arsenal was taken aback by this… and told Taylor to watch his punk ass mouth…

Joshua Taylor: “Yu know, while we’re at it… Where do you get off giving mutual respect to Chris Flynn last week on Total Wrestling…?! What is it, you give him respect, but you SHOVE me outta the way…?! No wonder management didn't give you a match tonight... but your new little friend One Man Army did...”

Human Arsenal: “Respect is earned, kid… Flynn beat me in a match… You wanna try and do the same…!?”

Taylor recoiled, and began to back down as the hard-faced veteran got in his personal space…

Joshua Taylor: “Easy… easy, brother… I know you’re excited… Listen… listen… Masatochi here, has no opponent for Total Wrestling… so why don’t the two of YOU have a match… and we’ll see how much of your respect, HE earns…”

Human Arsenal: “See you then… And I’m not your brother…”

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Time for a bit of a ‘let me up match’ now, certainly in terms of story going in, but it didn’t disappoint in terms of quality. Elliot Thomas and Jeremie Courtney came up together, and even teamed up on multiple occasions in their first couple of years with the company. But their hatred for one another far precedes this match. Thomas was trying to win this one tonight, to prove he’s not just a stepping stone. However Courtney wanted to beat him, and use him as that stepping stone, to prove he could be a good fit to join The Main Event stable. Thomas managed to duck multiple lariats and boots, as he is that much smaller than Courtney, but eventually fell victim to a Vita distraction, and a ‘One Percent Solution’ (Face First Suplex) and was pinned.

Winner: ‘The One Percenter’ Jeremie Courtney w/ Vita
Rating: 61

Jeremie Courtney and Vita celebrated, while The Main Event were all sat up in a sky box, applauding his win…

Jeremie Courtney 2.jpgVita 2.jpg Matt Hocking Tag.jpgRoderick Remus Champ.jpgLaura Hocking 2.jpg

image.jpeg

Next up, we learned that in under TWO WEEKS, we’d be getting a big update on the condition of Aaron ‘Ace’ Andrews…

image.jpeg

We haven’t seen Ace on our screens in over a month… He was brutally taken out by Killer Shark and Titan, and stuffed into a Body Bag on Total Wrestling a number of weeks ago… He then competed at Malice In Wonderland, in a tag team match alongside Sammy Bach, against The Behemoths (Shark and Titan)… However, during that match, he felt the after affects of the Body Bag assault, and hasn’t been seen since… On the March 8th edition of Total Wrestling, we WILL hear how his recovery is progressing…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A re-match from Malice In Wonderland, but not the same quality of match. This one had an altogether different feel, and a completely different finish. Chord started brightly, crashing into Gauge, and landing brutal knee strikes and an elbow to Gauge’s jaw. Chord also slapped Gauge, just like he did a number of weeks ago on Total Wrestling! The slap was so hard, that Gauge couldn’t hear a THING. He was deafened by the impact of the disrespectful move from Chord, and couldn’t hear the referee talking to him or anything! Gauge was able to fight back into it though, and hit a brilliant springboard cutter, before a flying knee that scored a 2.999 count! Chord regained control with a chop block to the back of Gauge’s knee though, and soon started working on his rival’s legs, softening him up for a Figure Four Leg Lock. Gauge seemed to spend an age in the hold but eventually, he flipped Chord over onto his belly, and reversed the pressure!! Chord almost immediately grabbed the bottom rope, and Gauge couldn’t hear the referee’s count and didn’t release the hold in time. The referee allowed it, much to the anger of Chord. Moments later, Chord locked the Figure Four in AGAIN, and this time Gauge got to the ropes. Chord REFUSED to let the hold go, and the referee decided to disqualify him – giving the victory to Greg Gauge. However, Jay Chord REMAINED the TCW World Heavyweight Champion!

Winner by Disqualification: Greg Gauge
Rating: 73

Gauge sat in the middle of the ring, as Chord slid out, grabbed his Championship Belt, and headed for the back…

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Gauge shook his head, and held his cheek and ear again… This was his last shot at the Title as long as Chord is Champion… and he failed… Where does he go from here…?! And who is next for Jay Chord…?! The show ended with Chord on the stage holding his Title above his head, with pyro going off around him as the crowd went home unhappy again…

image.jpeg

• Like 15

Great show, the Guide moment was awesome and OMA wearing the face paint was a nice touch.  As was the starting promo. Some real good moments. Shame the game didn't agree right? I'm not clued up on the in game side in 2022 but I'd guess 74 is much lower than you hoped? Anything in particular cause that?

Will be intrigued who is next to get the title shot. 

• Like 2

Awesome PPV! I am shocked at some of the grades, especially seeing how TCW is killing it in the ratings in my game.  I have a feeling I know Sammy's secret but I cannot wait for the big reveal! It legit is driving me crazy (in a good way) that it isn't revealed yet! 

• Like 1

Great show ! Glad I fell off the wagon predicting, I Would be wrong on a lot of these... I love unpredictability and that Wolf carried Tana to the match of the night. Great story with the New Wave likely back together and will be interesting to see how the Syndicate reacts. In my save I brought in Xavi Ferrera(OMA's protege) to join the Syndicate at their new young agitator and to team up with Flint.   Keep up the good work on these stories ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Great show, the Guide moment was awesome and OMA wearing the face paint was a nice touch.  As was the starting promo. Some real good moments. Shame the game didn't agree right? I'm not clued up on the in game side in 2022 but I'd guess 74 is much lower than you hoped? Anything in particular cause that?

Will be intrigued who is next to get the title shot. 

Thanks man, always appreciate the comments. Ratings wise - yeah, disappointing for sure. I'm still learning the game mechanics - and found out (the hard way) at this Pay-Per-View that some creative finishes are 'a big gamble'. I've got a good booking team (Bryant, Daniels, Human Arsenal, Hill, and my user character Professor Adler) - and we generate enough creative points to use a couple of creative finishes per show - I save them for the important matches, to boost them a little, but sometimes they fail. So more recently, I've been using the 'near certainty' type ones for the Main Events.

I've really enjoyed telling the OMA / Hammond story. It's not over yet, but this was a key story beat I was looking forward to getting to. Glad you liked it :) Also completely forgot I'd written the starting promo bit. Normally I just say "a video package opened the show and it showed, blah blah blah" - this felt like it worked a little better.

4 hours ago, moafnsteel said:

Awesome PPV! I am shocked at some of the grades, especially seeing how TCW is killing it in the ratings in my game.  I have a feeling I know Sammy's secret but I cannot wait for the big reveal! It legit is driving me crazy (in a good way) that it isn't revealed yet! 

Haha! Sorry to make you wait for the reveal. Sammy's story is going to take a few medium sized twists and turns before it's fully told. I thought he'd be better in this save, but he's been fairly poor so far. Ratings wise, we're doing pretty well now. I just needed a couple of pay-per-views to get going and learn the game mechanics. I just managed a 90 TV match, where I'm writing which was nice.

3 hours ago, MiykaelP said:

Great show ! Glad I fell off the wagon predicting, I Would be wrong on a lot of these... I love unpredictability and that Wolf carried Tana to the match of the night. Great story with the New Wave likely back together and will be interesting to see how the Syndicate reacts. In my save I brought in Xavi Ferrera(OMA's protege) to join the Syndicate at their new young agitator and to team up with Flint.   Keep up the good work on these stories ! 

I honestly wouldn't have minded if you were rubbish (like Satyr24 was) - I love seeing the engagement, so appreciate the predictions or comments either way. Yeah I recently learnt about Xavi and was surprised to see the connection to OMA. He's a future signing for me I think, although anyone in Christmas_ape's PSW diary will be hard to sign for me - as he'll write them way better than I can! I'm on the look out for a tag team partner for Jaylon actually. He is SO good, I need to keep him busier than just being a lacky in The Syndicate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AboardTheArk said:

Great PPV, glad to see Troy pick up the W especially. The cowboy group has a lot of potential imo to fill tv time with quality matches 

Thanks man! :D Yeah those Cowboys are all excellent. DDD continues to impress in TV Main Events, and the younger boys have so much potential. I've got a plan to keep them busy on TV when they don't have matches too, so hopefully DDD and Blaze can help Freeman improve on the mic.

• Like 1

The Sammy Bach story continues to be a huge hit, both the handcuffs he introduced backfiring on him, and then just when you think the cuffs are going to stop him escaping his fate after the match, you found a way to maintain the suspense.

Really satisfying ending to the I Quit match too. I always enjoy when there's a psychological reason for the stoppage rather than someone deciding they've taken too much of a beating, and this kind of finish was perfect for the stakes and story of this match. And as with the ladder match, you found a way to deliver a rewarding outcome but keep the story going. I thought we were going to get Guide and Scout going Rock and Hogan on the NWO, but no emotional reunion tonight.

It was impressive how much you managed to tease for upcoming TV episodes in between the matches. A very inventive finish for the main event too. This feels like the most compelling dynamic to build on to not have Gauge lose again but still have him lose the right to a rematch. And I like the shades of grey too with Chord being able to legitimately claim that he wasn't just taking the cheap way out as he expected to be shown the same discretion as Gauge.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 619 said:

The Sammy Bach story continues to be a huge hit, both the handcuffs he introduced backfiring on him, and then just when you think the cuffs are going to stop him escaping his fate after the match, you found a way to maintain the suspense.

Really satisfying ending to the I Quit match too. I always enjoy when there's a psychological reason for the stoppage rather than someone deciding they've taken too much of a beating, and this kind of finish was perfect for the stakes and story of this match. And as with the ladder match, you found a way to deliver a rewarding outcome but keep the story going. I thought we were going to get Guide and Scout going Rock and Hogan on the NWO, but no emotional reunion tonight.

It was impressive how much you managed to tease for upcoming TV episodes in between the matches. A very inventive finish for the main event too. This feels like the most compelling dynamic to build on to not have Gauge lose again but still have him lose the right to a rematch. And I like the shades of grey too with Chord being able to legitimately claim that he wasn't just taking the cheap way out as he expected to be shown the same discretion as Gauge.

Thanks man, appreciate that a lot. I had the 'Sammy cuffs himself to the post' spot in my mind from day one of this story :D Heels doing things like this always works.

Agree about I Quit Matches. Like if the pain was that bad they had to quit, they probably wouldn't be able to speak / verbalise it, right? I liked JBL quitting because he knew what was coming, for example. Again, Hammond quitting because his best friend was being mauled by the attack dogs of The Syndicate was an idea I had from day one. No embrace. No reunion. Just, can't take his best friend 'going out' like that, and sacrificed his own success to stop it.

Thanks also for the note on the TV promoting. The way I see my 'world', I have six PPV matches, so realistically, 15-20 guys are being used. There's an 'upper mid card' not in matches, so anything I can do to get them some screen time on a PPV, makes sense. Plus, given the ladder match, the post-match attack on Troy, the I Quit Match, etc, it would not make a ton of sense for Troy, Sammy, Doc, OMA, and others to compete on Total Wrestling this week - certainly not all of them. So if Human Arsenal and Joshua Taylor have nothing at the PPV, might as well give them a TV match this week, and hype it on the PPV. Diamond too, he's very high up the card, maybe #4 or #5 singles babyface - but he won't always have a PPV match. His big matches could be the go-home main event, or the one after the PPV, etc. Keeps things ticking along nicely.

• Like 1

image.jpeg

Sunday, March 27th, 2022

**Quotes taken directly from Vibert’s Podcast**

TCW’s The War To Settle The Score is in the bag… and I can’t help but feel a little disappointed by the ending of the show… It was a bad creative idea, executed poorly, and we were left with a slightly higher than average Main Event… when you compare that to the Match of the Year candidate that these two had in their first match, and I think it was a huge missed opportunity… There’s a couple of theories online already though, which I like… They’ve won one match each… so a ‘Rubber Match’ could be on the cards… AND… This was Greg Gauge’s final chance at the Title while Chord is Champion… But the wording used early on, was ‘If Gauge can’t beat Chord, he’ll never get another shot’… Well… He DID beat Chord… Albeit by Disqualification… but he DID beat him… Something tells me this isn’t over…

Doc Hammond is OUT of The Syndicate… What a finish that one was… That could have headlined the show… Interestingly, Doc did what he did to ‘save’ One Man Army’s career… and probably save him from serious injury… But once the deed was done, Doc didn’t embrace One Man Army at all… He just got up and left the ring… I don’t know if we’re going to get a New Wave reunion, but as I’ve said before, I would LOVE to see it…

Tana versus Wolf deserves a mention too… because they STOLE the show according to Greg Sluchinski’s Star Ratings… a score of 74, beat out Gauge versus Chord (73) and One Man Army versus Doc Hammond (also 73)… There were also big wins for Jeremie Courtney, and TCW Television Champion Mighty Mo, who overcame T-Bone Bright in what felt like the first match of a series between those two…

And then there was Troy Tornado and Sammy Bach… The match was solid… Lots of interesting spots, using the ladder stipulation to their advantage… but what interested me the most, much like everyone, was that Troy won… he beat the former World Heavyweight Champion… and he retrieved the envelope… This meant he could TELL us what had happened… what he saw… and whom he saw Sammy talking to that he shouldn’t have been… Before he could speak, Killer Shark and Titan jumped him… took him out, while Sammy was handcuffed to the ring post... We never got to hear what Troy had seen, and Sammy was probably pretty happy about that… Were Shark and Titan involved in some way…?!

image.jpeg

• Like 6

image.jpeg

Again, a massive response to the Prediction Contest, and thank you ALL so much for following and commenting - it's great to hear who your favourites are, and the stories you like.

@AboardTheArk cleans up with the Prediction Prize win, topping the PPV score, and also coming out on top in the monthly standings.
It was close with @Wrestling Machine, so I'll send a prize your way too.

Thanks again all :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

image.jpeg

Monday, February 28th, 2022

Pro Wrestling Reporter – An Article by Greg Sluchinski

Coming up this week, on TCW Total Wrestling…

We’re going to get all of the fall out from The War To Settle The Score – a truly historic event, where Doc Hammond said “I QUIT” and must now quit The Syndicate…!! We’re also going to hear from the two men who LOST their Title Shots: Greg Gauge and T-Bone Bright… and of course, the Number One Contenders Match for the World Tag Team Titles: The American Cobras, Devine Fortune, The Behemoths and The Elite, will do battle in a Four-Way match…!!

We should also get an answer from ‘Nasty’ Nick Booth as to whether or not he’ll be joining Dazzling Dave Diamond, Bradley Blaze and Duke Freeman in their ‘business ventures’… OR… fighting Diamond 1 on 1…!! Blaze and Freeman set for tag team action this week…

I’m looking forward to updates on the physical condition of Aaron Andrews… Hearing what on earth Troy Tornado has to say about Sammy Bach… and the reaction from The Syndicate to Doc Hammond quitting the group…

Predictions for: TCW Total Wrestling - Tuesday, March 1st, 2022

Human Arsenal [vs] Masatochi Kamimura w/ Joshua Taylor

Bart Biggins [vs] Quentin Queen

Number One Contendership Match:
The American Cobras [vs] Devine Fortune [vs] The Elite [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

Bradley Blaze and Duke Freeman [vs] Maverick and The Masked Mauler VII

Tana The Mighty [vs] Flying Jimmy Foxx w/ Benny Benson

Greg Gauge and T-Bone Bright [vs] Jay Chord and Mighty Mo

image.jpeg

• Like 1

The American Cobras [vs] Devine Fortune [vs] The Elite [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

Human Arsenal [vs] Masatochi Kamimura w/ Joshua Taylor

Greg Gauge and T-Bone Bright [vs] Jay Chord & Mighty Mo

I was sure I made my PPV predictions must not have clicked send 😕

Edited by Woodsmeister
  • Like 1